carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello NIRDI's! :wavey:

It sounds like so many NIRDI's are facing big chapters right now: retirement @marcy, moving @Austina, caring for aging parents @canuk-gal @MamaBee, facing health concerns @mrs-b @missy, the list goes on & on--if I've missed someone its a mistake of the head & not the heart! I read your words & accounts & even though I'm not a frequent poster, please know I think of each of you & wish for positive outcomes!

Feel like I've been gone from PS forever---hope everyone is well. Just got the new Apple MacBook & have been getting it set up & really enjoying the technology upgrade, my old one was from 2015 & pretty beat up. I guess 6 tech years can look like a couple of decades lol? I wonder, do they equate life years for tech like they do for dogs? 1 human year is 7 dog years, 1 tech year is like, what, maybe why, 5-10 years? LOL, who knows, but the dif between my old & this new one is quite remarkable.

I know a few questions, that bug @MamaBee, is a praying mantis. I don't think I've seen one that large but just a few times in my life, so was quite thrilled to see him in all his glory. I'm decidedly not a bug person, but a praying mantis is ok by me. He was quite still & just watched me move around snapping photos of him. Pretty cool. You can't see very well by the way he was standing, but they have arms with hands positioned that look like they are praying. Take a look again, but his hands are folded up close to his arms. I guess they're looked upon kindly in a garden. That's about all I know!

Today I got a few good shots, but my wildlife pic of the day was geese & a bluejay. I'm sure the geese were resting up for the next big leg of their journey south. The blue jay pic is pretty dark...
IMG_0447.jpeg IMG_0444.jpeg

@marcy @mrs-b Love clouds & trees too, but sunsets & the fall colors---ooo la la. Great sunset pic @marcy, I miss my SW years with that gorgeous big sky. Such a beautiful state you are in Marcy. I hope you land on a decision that feels confortable re your retirement. It's a hard step to take, but when it feels right, then it IS right--you'll know it & never look back.

This weekend found our colors muted a bit as the bright reds, oranges & yellows are now heading to browns, oranges & taupes, but the beauty is still there no matter what. Wonderful color & shape in your tree @mrs-b, her fall dress is so pretty. Here are a few from my walk today to enjoy.
IMG_0434.jpeg IMG_0452.jpeg IMG_0428.jpeg

@Bayek I can't believe you posted. I've been thinking about you & wanted to ask Missy (all NIRDI roads lead through @missy) if you were ok, but decided I should afford you your privacy--lo & behold, here you are. Am so glad to see you & can now rest knowing everything looks a-ok in your world. Glad to see you with family & enjoying life, hope you are loving your new home & Austin!

What journey you've been on @Austina , traveling half way around the world, building a home etc etc, all not for the faint hearted! Congrats on your drivers license & it seems as if you two are just acclimating beautifully--what a story to tell your grand children one day.

@canuk-gal & @missy am so sorry about your health worries. I know how stressful things of that nature can be. @canuk-gal so glad your mom seems settled, such an adjustment for the family. Good you got a home BP monitor, that will at least offer a bit comfort--& oh no to the white stuff!! I have that same quick intake of breath reaction towards it as well--but still no freeze here yet!!

@missy, you've been dealing with quite a bit, I hope things can get settled quickly for you to help alleviate the stress of it all! I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to your next cloud-tree-wildlife pic of the day along w your ICOTD pic!!

Jack had an unplanned bath tonight, he just needed a clean up and our noses appreciate it :). He's 17 this December & is just an old man right now. But doing pretty well for an old guy!

Hello to everyone else, I wishing all a great week ahead & success with your different challenges & projects! XOXO

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We didn’t have anywhere near the amount of trick or treaters you had. Our subdivision isn’t a place children can walk to unless they live here. We don’t have sidewalks..I would say we had thirty kids. I didn’t see one parent. At the end of the night a boy rang our bell. I would say he was around eleven or twelve years old. He seemed to be a very emotionally young eleven to twelve year old. My husband gave him the candy. S came back to tell me that the little boy was scared of the music across the street. I went to check on him..He asked if he could sit in the chair in front of the house. He liked our decorations. I never do the really scary ones..They’re more pumpkins, friendly ghosts and witches. He sat there for a while…I asked him if he needed help. He said his friends left him. He gave me his parent’s phone number but they didn’t answer so I texted them. I kept my front door open so he wouldn’t get nervous. At some point after not being able to reach his parents I asked him where he lived. He actually lived around the corner from us in the same subdivision. He didn’t want us to walk him home…He said he was fine…I told him I was just going to make sure he got home safely. I left him walking up his driveway. His mother finally saw my text to let me know he was fine. She said they had been out looking for him. Our subdivision isn’t very large. My house was all lit up inside and outside. We were standing there in the doorway for quite a while..I’m just glad he’s home.
All my Halloween decorations from inside the house are piled up on my kitchen counter. I’ll wrap them all up tomorrow. David likes there to be a beginning and end of the holiday season. The turkeys come out tomorrow..haha

@mrs-b I‘m happy Ballin is home safely. I hope you didn’t strain your back..
Happy Halloween!

Attachments

• 3A71FFB5-5E1A-4D4E-A7EF-B63238366F5B.jpeg
    3A71FFB5-5E1A-4D4E-A7EF-B63238366F5B.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We didn’t have anywhere near the amount of trick or treaters you had. Our subdivision isn’t a place children can walk to unless they live here. We don’t have sidewalks..I would say we had thirty kids. I didn’t see one parent. At the end of the night a boy rang our bell. I would say he was around eleven or twelve years old. He seemed to be a very emotionally young eleven to twelve year old. My husband gave him the candy. S came back to tell me that the little boy was scared of the music across the street. I went to check on him..He asked if he could sit in the chair in front of the house. He liked our decorations. I never do the really scary ones..They’re more pumpkins, friendly ghosts and witches. He sat there for a while…I asked him if he needed help. He said his friends left him. He gave me his parent’s phone number but they didn’t answer so I texted them. I kept my front door open so he wouldn’t get nervous. At some point after not being able to reach his parents I asked him where he lived. He actually lived around the corner from us in the same subdivision. He didn’t want us to walk him home…He said he was fine…I told him I was just going to make sure he got home safely. I left him walking up his driveway. His mother finally saw my text to let me know he was fine. She said they had been out looking for him. Our subdivision isn’t very large. My house was all lit up inside and outside. We were standing there in the doorway for quite a while..I’m just glad he’s home.
All my Halloween decorations from inside the house are piled up on my kitchen counter. I’ll wrap them all up tomorrow. David likes there to be a beginning and end of the holiday season. The turkeys come out tomorrow..haha

@mrs-b I‘m happy Ballin is home safely. I hope you didn’t strain your back..
Happy Halloween!

I'm with you, @MamaBee - we don't do scary stuff. No tombstones or skeletons or stuff like that. Lots of lights and pumpkins and signs etc. Stuff to make you chuckle - that sort of thing. We have a pair of witches that fly across the peak in our garage each year, but that's about it. We have signs that say Boo! - but nothing to actually give you a fright. :)) I like it like that.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

GM girls! Thank you all for the lovely birthday wishes for my momma. She is almost 80 but like all of us feels much younger than her chronological age. I am hoping we can visit them sometime this week. It all depends on how my biopsy goes. We shall see. Anyway happy Monday!

@marcy gorgeous rubies. I adore rubies. OMG how many trick or treaters? That's a lot of kids. I would be thrilled to help Marty get photos of moose. Glad you got laundry and cooking done yesterday. You are very efficient. Darn no Northern lights for us. Probability was zero all day. That app keeps saying zero maybe something is wrong with it :lol: or maybe we need to move to Iceland. :bigsmile: Hope your workweek goes very smoothly and the transition is easy. When is your anticipated retirement date or is that not yet determined?

@sarahb you are such a sweetheart. Thank you for your warm thoughts and good wishes. LOL same I am not a bug person but a Praying Mantis is A OK by me too. What a coincidence as I am getting a new MacBook Air. Mine is only 4 years old however but ce la vie. When it is time it is time. I got the max storage etc so I hopefully can keep everything open haha at once. Gorgeous photos. Geese and blue jays. I love wildlife photos and yours are just beautiful.

@bling_dream19 hope you didn't run out of candy lol. And that you enjoyed Halloween and the costumes and kids. Always a fun time. I love the decorations and the costumes. Which brings me to @mrs-b

@mrs-b adore your hope decorations for Halloween. So much fun. OMG about Ballin and thank goodness your quick thinking saved the day. That is scary and my heart was in my mouth just reading what had happened. And what a relief to hear Tim is feeling much better. Woohoo. And have a safe trip to your new townhouse and I cannot wait to hear all about it. What a rough autumn you have had and you deserve some fun and relaxation and I am so happy this vacation home is coming to fruition. Speaking of homes.

@Austina hope you had a fruitful weekend and each day brings you closer to your new home. Which is going to be beautiful. It's a dream come true quite literally. And in the meantime enjoy being with your son and DIL and Bertie.

@MamaBee how did it go? Did you run out of candy? We were bad. We didn't buy candy and we did get about 3 different trick or treater groups. LOL the first groups was a few kids of about 8 yo with their parents as we had just gotten home from cycling and the bike was still out and Greg was in the shed. I was upstairs getting naked to shower lol and the bell rang. I called Greg and he went out of the shed and told the kids sorry no candy but do you want a cat? Hahaha and one of them said yes I will take the black (Gracie as she was in the window) one. :lol: Anyway I am sure the kids all did well and no one suffered from not getting candy from us. Silly holiday begging for candy. I mean it is fun but we are still in a pandemic situation. And you kids get off my lawn :lol: But man, we almost got Oliver a new home. :cheeky:

@canuk-gal I will take bright blue skies over rain or snow any day even if it is chilly. Hope you had a good weekend and your blood pressure isn't bad at all. I don't know your sodium situation but can any tweaking be done there? Did you find a comfy computer chair?

@Slick1 any trick or treaters? How was your weekend?

Hi to everyone else. We had a great cycling day. Gorgeous weather actually. Not cold and beautifully sunny. Just a lovely day. We saw some wonderful costumes and some fun decorations. And had delicious ice cream and animal love too. Met another sweet dog this time when we saw Jenny (our daily dog love the boston terrier Jenny). His name is Milton and he is a bernadoodle or something like that. Super soft! I am in love. Didn't get a photo but next time. His parents were hysterical. Well his dad was at least. I will spare the details but he was going on and on about how his wife wore him down after 16 years. Since I have only been wanting a dog for a couple of years he said I have some time to go to continue to wear Greg down haha. But Greg said I could get a dog but I have to take care of him all by myself and well that's not an attractive option but mainly the cats. They would hate it so while we have Tommy and Bobby that is probably not going to happen. I just will enjoy all the beautiful dogs around us. Lucky me I get to do that at least.

Sharing some photos. Oooooh scary.

We were enjoying ice cream and I had to get a photo of this couple.
Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 5.34.39 AM.png

Our ICOTD. Yummmmmm.
Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 5.35.38 AM.png

And just a gorgeous day all around. The NE can be glorious. Though winter can be brutal. I do enjoy the change of seasons and when autumn is crisp and sunny and fresh nothing beats it.
Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 5.35.24 AM.png

Have a marvelous Monday lovely ladies. Big hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and my nieces did enjoy Halloween and I don't have great photos but this is what my sister sent me last night. LOL I didn't even know the costumes but she explained them to me. I am out of the loop with popular culture. And that is OK by me. :)

halloween2021debbieandalexa.png

halloween2021a.png

Alexa is Stitch from Lilo and Stitch.

halloween2021bethanyandfriends.jpg

Bethany is a lizard from Magic School Bus. I never even heard of these characters. :)

Oh and you might remember we had some storms the past few days before Halloween and as we cycled yesterday there was evidence everywhere. Sand had been blown all over the streets and was in the air. It was actually quite breathtaking to see.

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 5.48.28 AM.png

All up and down the shore this was the scene. We had to take some detours. Yup, Mother Nature can be fierce.
Having said that enjoy a lovely day and may it be fiercely fun and safe. XOXO.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girls! The Halloween stuff is in ...Turkeys and Thanksgiving stuff is coming out!
I hope everyone had a fun Halloween. I enjoy watching how everyone decorates. When David was younger..but in the teenage years I took him on a haunted hayride. It looked benign to me. There were all little children piling on with their parents. We were in the back of the open air hay truck. The driver was going all around through the fields in the pitch dark. All of a sudden a guy all dressed in black popped out of the dark. Our truck stopped so a guy could run around with a loud chainsaw. It scared ME half to death. David jumped up and screamed that he was going to slice him into steaks! A little girl around five or six took a slow look up at David from his feet trying to figure out what his deal was..:lol:
OMG I never heard speech like that from David before! On one hand I was like.. Wow! That was pretty good speech..On the other hand I felt so bad for him. When we got off the ride I told him that I would never take him on a ride like that again. I didn’t know there was going to be a guy with a chainsaw! @missy David would have a heart attack if he went on the zombie walk..haha Your nieces are so tall now! I loved their costumes!
@missy What day is your biopsy? I think I remember your results would be back sometime in the third week of November.. I want to put it on my calendar.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy What day is your biopsy? I think I remember your results would be back sometime in the third week of November.. I want to put it on my calendar.

Thanks Joanne. It's tomorrow at 2PM. I am bleeding this morning. I am scared. Scared about the pain from the biopsy (I heard it is one of the most painful procedures you can get without anesthesia) and of the results. I cannot believe I am bleeding again. I had one week without bleeding. I am on a very strong medication that should have stopped it in its tracks. I just had to change another appointment this week as after the biopsy I am supposed to take it easy for the rest of the week. And after the biopsy I will be bleeding from that for two weeks or so. So yeah lots of unpleasant stuff.

Thank you for caring. It means so much. At times I feel all alone even with Greg being the most supportive and loving partner. He just doesn't know what to do because there is nothing anyone can do but be there for me. Thank you. XOXOXOXO.

trex.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I’m glad you’re getting it done tomorrow. The worry about what will happen is often worse than the actual procedure. I’m friends with Google..:roll: They can give you a numbing spray, cream or injection. I know the injection doesn’t sound great but it may be better than having nothing for the biopsy. Can Greg be in there with you to hold your hand? If not, ask for a nurse. I’m not shy about asking to hold a nurse‘s hand during a procedure. I usually focus on their face while they’re holding my hand. It really helps. I don’t know how to do a dinosaur back to you on here. My little heart will have to do.. ❤️ I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow…without pain, and eventual good results. I think you should buy yourself a juicy 10 carat emerald cut diamond after this. Big hugs..XOXOXO

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I’m glad you’re getting it done tomorrow. The worry about what will happen is often worse than the actual procedure. I’m friends with Google..:roll: They can give you a numbing spray, cream or injection. I know the injection doesn’t sound great but it may be better than having nothing for the biopsy. Can Greg be in there with you to hold your hand? If not, ask for a nurse. I’m not shy about asking to hold a nurse‘s hand during a procedure. I usually focus on their face while they’re holding my hand. It really helps. I don’t know how to do a dinosaur back to you on here. My little heart will have to do.. ❤️ I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow…without pain, and eventual good results. I think you should buy yourself a juicy 10 carat emerald cut diamond after this. Big hugs..XOXOXO
Unfortunately this is how they do it at my gynecologist’s office. Valium, Tylenol and cytotec. No anesthesia numbing spray or injection. I wish. Thanks for your good wishes ❤️ Big hugs to you. XOXO

Haha yes to the 10 carat emerald please. You have Greg’s number ;-)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy ask for TWO Valiums!!! Much success to you tomorrow. Those sand pictures were unreal!

@sarahb you pictures' were stunning. You live in a beautiful part of the universe!

@MamaBee thank you for being so concerned about that young boy. I would have done the same thing!

Very chilly when I got up this AM. So no biking, but I did the stationary bike, some weights, and elliptical. Bright and sunny and it is supposed to warm up this week. I am not ready to put my bike away for the season just yet.

@mrs-b hope your trip is a good one! Cali is a nice place to be.

@Austina enjoy your warm temps. Goodness knows I am jealous! Are you guys missing the UK? Such a big change.

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@missy, I hope you are doing something 'extra' today to take your mind off of tomorrow. Myself, & I'm sure the rest of the NIRDI gang will be sending you sweet thoughts for tomorrow, best of luck & look forward to seeing you on the other side!
XO

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Belated happy birthday to your dear mother @missy, she’s such an elegant looking lady. Looks like your sister and nieces really went for it big time, and like you, I have no idea who these characters are. Kim made herself a costume to go trick or treating with her little twin niece and nephew, I didn’t know who she was, but the twins loved it :lol: Adam just left a big bowl of sweets outside for kids to help themselves, they were very restrained because there were a lot left over. I think 15-20 groups of kids came. Good luck for tomorrow, hopefully it won’t be as bad as you’re expecting, and will be over quickly. Sending lots of love your way.

Wow @sarahb what a testament to your great care that your boy has reached such a great age! You’re obviously doing everything right. Bertie had a bath yesterday, then rolled in the grass so Kim had to hose him off again!

78 degs today @canuk-gal! Unbelievable weather for November. I can honestly say we’re not missing the UK, this has been 6 years in the making, so we were more than ready to move.

:-o That must’ve been really heartstopping that Ballin got out @mrs-b, thank goodness you were able to get him home safely. We’re both feeling excited about the new house, it’s great to see some progress at last. I hope your CT scan went well today, and glad to hear Tim is feeling slightly better. Hopefully different AB’s will make him feel even better.

No wonder you ran out with that many callers @marcy. Poor Marty not getting his photo of the moose. I remember when we were in Canada one time, the coach driver was telling us about one of his colleagues hitting a moose on the road one night and writing off the coach. Have you heard from WF when your earrings are going to be ready?

Did you get many callers after DH went out to stock up @bling_dream19 ?

We’ve had a busy weekend. We FT our friends on Saturday, then went to Costco. It was heaving, and Kim did a mammoth shop, we took our car and it was packed! Sunday we took Bertie to the dog park, and he had a good fun around, then we walked near the lake. Adam got his car to drive to us, it was so weird seeing it back out of the space and drive by itself :shock: Then we did all the laundry, and I cooked us a roast dinner.

Adam and Kim are both out today, so we’re having a lazy day.

:wavey:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@springerspaniel - hallo, my friend! How is Fred doing? And how is Clyde? Is it settling down between them? Poor Clyde - it will probably be at least a year before Fred stops trying to swing off his ears and teething on Clyde's paws!! Are you and D getting more sleep? I *really* want to get up to NH to see you. I'm heading out to CA on Friday and will be out there 10 days. Am hoping when we get back you and I might be able to tee up a visit? Will email you.
Hi @mrs-b! Freddie was supposed to graduate from puppy school tonight but David and I just do not have the energy to go. We will probably need to go to another series of classes anyway. Clyde and Freddie slept last night without a barrier between them and no one got hurt. We actually may have gotten 5 or so straight hours of sleep. I am so excited to hear all about your townhouse, so please give us lots of pictures when you get a chance! I am absolutely up for a visit when you return.

@missy I will be thinking of you all day tomorrow, and especially at 2. Nothing worse than anticipating something that you dread, and I hope it goes by very quickly for you so you can recover with Greg and the furbabies ASAP.

Hi to everyone else--will write more later in the week after I finish up another paper.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@missy are you having the biopsy in the city? Will you return to NJ afterward? I know the house at the beach is so comforting to you

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy are you having the biopsy in the city? Will you return to NJ afterward? I know the house at the beach is so comforting to you

Hi @springerspaniel thanks so much for your good wishes ❤️I am having the biopsy done by my local gynecologist at the shore. It’s very close to our beach house.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s

@mrs-b your decorations look great and that is awesome your neighborhood is so safe. Sounds like you had lots of kids too. Great story about getting Ballin to come to you; you had to be soaking wet.

@sarahb I got a Halloween card from my cousin in Michigan (near Lansing) and she was commenting on the nice weather they’ve had so far this year too. Sounds like you are enjoying your new MacBook. Sweet. I love watching the sky both night and day. Your pictures are beautiful.

MamaBee I got you pictures today of my ring with my Danielle band and my sapphire solitaire. I accidentally put my rings on the wrong hand and thought ooh that sapphire looks good with that band. I am so glad you were able to get that young boy home okay. You took good care of him. Your decorations look great. That is some hayride story. Marty was the monster at a local haunted house one time; he stood in a coffin and then would jump out and growl at people as they walked by; one lady really freaked out and made him feel bad he scared her so much.

@missy thank you - rubies do have that special glow about them. Our neighborhood does really get a lot of kids trick or treaters. My sister who lives in the country about 40 miles northeast of us did see a glow from northern lights but nothing spectacular. I am still leaning towards middle of December to retire but haven’t decided for sure. I think my next laptop will be an Air - I have the MacBook Pro right now and knock on wood it is working fine. Ha Ha to Greg offering to give away a cat; Marty offers up teddy bears all the time. Those guys are such jokers. Glad your nieces had a nice Halloween, they look great in their costumes. Sorry you are bleeding again. I hope the biopsy isn’t too awful for you tomorrow and good luck with the test results. A 10 carat EC would be nice. Sending mega dust your way.

@canuk-gal nice that you are warming up; we had snow and ice but we are warming up again starting tomorrow - but only to the 50’s.

@Austina that’s great all of the candy didn’t disappear; one of our neighbors did that and he posted a video online of some kid dumping the entire bowl in his bag. Nice, huh? I would imagine hitting a moose would total a vehicle. Pretty scary. My earrings are scheduled to be shipped November 18, I imagine they have to order in the halo settings. I am anxious to see them. How fun to be “driven” by the car.

@springerspaniel nice that Clyde and Freddy slept by each other peacefully.

Cold and snow did arrive and hung around all day. The good news is Marty’s new tires did great on the ice in the wee hours of the morning. Roads were mostly dry when I came home from work. I wore my warmest sweater and was still cold at work; I wish someone would turn up my inner thermostat. Ha Ha.

Take care.
Marcy
sapband.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi NIRDI’s

@mrs-b your decorations look great and that is awesome your neighborhood is so safe. Sounds like you had lots of kids too. Great story about getting Ballin to come to you; you had to be soaking wet.

@sarahb I got a Halloween card from my cousin in Michigan (near Lansing) and she was commenting on the nice weather they’ve had so far this year too. Sounds like you are enjoying your new MacBook. Sweet. I love watching the sky both night and day. Your pictures are beautiful.

MamaBee I got you pictures today of my ring with my Danielle band and my sapphire solitaire. I accidentally put my rings on the wrong hand and thought ooh that sapphire looks good with that band. I am so glad you were able to get that young boy home okay. You took good care of him. Your decorations look great. That is some hayride story. Marty was the monster at a local haunted house one time; he stood in a coffin and then would jump out and growl at people as they walked by; one lady really freaked out and made him feel bad he scared her so much.

@missy thank you - rubies do have that special glow about them. Our neighborhood does really get a lot of kids trick or treaters. My sister who lives in the country about 40 miles northeast of us did see a glow from northern lights but nothing spectacular. I am still leaning towards middle of December to retire but haven’t decided for sure. I think my next laptop will be an Air - I have the MacBook Pro right now and knock on wood it is working fine. Ha Ha to Greg offering to give away a cat; Marty offers up teddy bears all the time. Those guys are such jokers. Glad your nieces had a nice Halloween, they look great in their costumes. Sorry you are bleeding again. I hope the biopsy isn’t too awful for you tomorrow and good luck with the test results. A 10 carat EC would be nice. Sending mega dust your way.

@canuk-gal nice that you are warming up; we had snow and ice but we are warming up again starting tomorrow - but only to the 50’s.

@Austina that’s great all of the candy didn’t disappear; one of our neighbors did that and he posted a video online of some kid dumping the entire bowl in his bag. Nice, huh? I would imagine hitting a moose would total a vehicle. Pretty scary. My earrings are scheduled to be shipped November 18, I imagine they have to order in the halo settings. I am anxious to see them. How fun to be “driven” by the car.

@springerspaniel nice that Clyde and Freddy slept by each other peacefully.

Cold and snow did arrive and hung around all day. The good news is Marty’s new tires did great on the ice in the wee hours of the morning. Roads were mostly dry when I came home from work. I wore my warmest sweater and was still cold at work; I wish someone would turn up my inner thermostat. Ha Ha.

Take care.
Marcy
sapband.jpeg

@marcy Wow! The band looks so pretty with both rings! All of your rings are gorgeous..The blue solitaire is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for letting me see them! :kiss2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy Wow! The band looks so pretty with both rings! All of your rings are gorgeous..The blue solitaire is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for letting me see them! :kiss2:

Thank you @MamaBee. You inspired me to dig it out. I honestly hadn't worn it with this new solitaire ring since I got it last spring. They look good together.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @MamaBee. You inspired me to dig it out. I honestly hadn't worn it with this new solitaire ring since I got it last spring. They look good together.
@marcy I love the way they look together. It’s funny..I do the same thing. I put a ring on a different finger and it becomes an unplanned favorite combination.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers to you Missy. We are all thinking about you and praying for you. Have dear hubby get you a pint of your favorite ice cream when you get home.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy (I hope) Tuesday!

Thank you everyone who contacted me online and off. It means a lot to me and makes me feel stronger somehow. So a big thank you and big hugs.

@Austina thank you very much. Sounds like Kim had a grand time with her nieces. Halloween can be a fun holiday and now the you are here you get to experience it too. Have lots of fun with Kate this week. And thank you so much. What an ordeal right? LOL one day I will (I hope) be able to laugh about the whole thing but I am not there yet. Thank you for the love and sending lots of love your way too. XOXO.

@canuk-gal aww thank you and you are the best. I wish I could get extra meds. They are very strict here. It's like we are all treated as drug addicts. Ridiculous I know but there it is. I remember when I broke my leg in 2014 my surgeon gave me hundreds of oxy and percocet. I ended up not taking many at all as I don't do well with those meds they make me nauseous. But now oh what I would give for some real pain meds. It's a whole new world now and almost impossible to get meds like those. Thank you for all your good wishes. Cannot wait til this is over. 9 more hours at least. Deep breaths. It's going to be OK right?

@sarahb thank you sweet friend. Much appreciated. (((Hugs))). I am sharing ICOTD and sky photos below for you. XOXO.

@marcy nice your sister got to see the lights. Maybe one day I will see them too. A girl can dream right? Haha Greg offered because of me. He loves the cats even more than I do lol. Sad but true. My girlfriend of 40 plus years said to me the other day, wow, Greg really loves you lol because he got allergy shots for 2 decades to be able to live with the cats. Now he loves them more than I do I think. :lol: Your ring is gorgeous. And that blue solitaire. Swoon! Hugs.

@MamaBee you are the best. Thanks for all your kind support. I took an extra Valerian root last night. Did nothing. LOL I am medication impervious what can I say. Big hugs.

@lambskin thank you very much. I appreciate that. Hugs to you. And we always have ice cream in the freezer :lol:
Jimmy did say as soon as I am up to going to his shoppe his recovery ice cream is on him so that was very sweet of him. It is a combo of blackberry, CBD and something else. I never had it before but I will have it when I am back on the bike.

Hi to @Slick1 and @bling_dream19 and everyone else. And to all those who reached out to me who I am not mentioning here. You know I appreciate it more than words can say. XOXOXO.

We had a great ride yesterday and we ran into so many of our shore friends. It was very nice. And we saw Jenny (the cutest boston you might remember we see whenever we cycle). All in all a lovely day that kept my mind occupied for the most part.

Sharing some pics.

A gorgeous sky as we cycled yesterday.

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 5.54.32 AM.png

and our ICOTD

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 5.54.58 AM.png

Have a sweet and sunny day lovely ladies. Big hugs.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

@marcy, looking forward to seeing your ruby earrings. Your band looks perfect with your solitaire rings. Thinking of you and hoping you're feeling ok.
@canuk-gal, glad to hear you've found a good facility for your mother and I hope everything goes well for her.
@Austina, the house is looking great. Sounds like you're having a great time with Kim and Adam. 78 degrees in November, that is wonderful.
@Bayek, hi! Auti looks adorable and she's getting so big!
@missy, good luck today, hopefully it won't be as bad as you're thinking and everything goes quickly and smoothly.
@mrs-b, glad to see that Tim is doing a bit better and your back is holding up. Safe travels and have a great time at the condo.
Hi @Calliecake! DD and DS are doing well. Things seem to be going ok with dd's new job. How fun to be shopping for little ones and good for you for getting started.
@MamaBee, I am just so glad that things worked out so well with your mother. It must be such a big relief for you.
@Jemi, I hope you're doing well and having a good time in France.
@sarahb, hi, your pictures are really beautiful.

Not much new with me. DS is moving home for a while to save money so it will be fun be also a bit of an adjustment for everyone. There will be a time when I don't see my kids as much so it will be nice to get some some extra time with him now.

I'm sorry to see so many nirdis dealing with life and health issues, I'm thinking of you all and sending everyone good thoughts and healing vibes. <3

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy You are on all our minds today. I’m sure of it…I hope it goes so much better than you imagine it to be. It will be over before you know it….❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok it’s over Woohoo. Cramping is pretty bad but it wasn’t horrible overall. On a scale of 1-10 I’d say the cramping was/is a 9 but the actual cutting biopsy was only a 5-6. I like her very much. She explained everything.

She saw a polyp and took 3 biopsies. She doesn’t think the polyp is the source of the bleeding though. Results in a week or two.

Ugh still lots of bleeding but I know that is par for the course. She cut three biopsies out of me.

Thanks everyone for your kind support! Much appreciated. You made a difficult time much better. Love you girls.
XOXO ❤️❤️❤️

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok it’s over Woohoo. Cramping is pretty bad but it wasn’t horrible overall. On a scale of 1-10 I’d say the cramping was/is a 9 but the actual cutting biopsy was only a 5-6. I like her very much. She explained everything.

She saw a polyp and took 3 biopsies. She doesn’t think the polyp is the source of the bleeding though. Results in a week or two.

Ugh still lots of bleeding but I know that is par for the course. She cut three biopsies out of me.

Thanks everyone for your kind support! Much appreciated. You made a difficult time much better. Love you girls.
XOXO ❤️❤️❤️

I’m so glad it’s over Missy….Just relax as best as you can ..❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so glad it’s over Missy….Just relax as best as you can ..❤️

The Valium lasted one hour lol. I’m medication impervious I think. I also took valerian root with it but nada. Yes I’m relaxing now. Thanks for holding my hand ❤️

Thank Junie. Glad your son has the opportunity to move back home with you and save money and you both get to enjoy each other’s company. That’s priceless.

And @springerspaniel you are so kind. I absolutely love the flowers. I’ve never seen such gorgeous roses. The colors are amazingly vibrant. Thank you ❤️

32ECDD8F-8211-4EF4-BEA0-DC041D802B8B.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@missy, I’m so glad it’s over, and it wasn’t as bad as you thought it might be. Hopefully the cramping and bleeding will subside and tomorrow you’ll feel a little better. I’ve been thinking about you all day. Glad you found the Dr to be personable and explained everything to you, it always helps when you know what’s going on. I had numerous polyps in the past, and once they were taken care of, needed no further treatment. Everything crossed for the best news on the biopsy.

@junebug17, Adam has been joking that he’s heading for 40 and still living with his parents :lol: I’m sure it’ll be great having DS home for a while, even though the food bills will increase substantially and so will the laundry! Glad all is well with you.

@marcy your band looks really great with your ER and I love the vivid blue of your chunky sapphire. It’s actually quite unusual to see round sapphires in the UK, they’re often oval because of Diana’s ring. Retirement is hurtling towards you, and I know you won’t regret it, time to take care of yourself and do all the things you want to do, instead of picking up the slack for other’s mistakes. I’m excited for you that your earrings will soon be on their way.

@MamaBee, I’m loving your bands with your glorious ER, the addition of a little colour really makes it pop even more.

Hoping you and Tim continue to improve @mrs-b, you must be getting excited about going to Ca.

I had to take Colin for a dematologist appt this morning. He couldn’t get an appt with his usual man before leaving, and wanted to have a few things checked out. He has more solar keratosis on his head and a bit on his nose that she froze, and also some eczema on his leg, but other than that, all his moles checked out and there’s nothing to worry about.

We had an appt up at the house with some pool people this afternoon, so drove out there, not much has changed in the house, other than the arrival of lots of plaster board (sheet rock). Some pool companies aren’t taking orders until 2023!!!!

Colin has an appt with a cardiologist tomorrow morning, always an adventure when you have no idea where you’re going!

So glad today‘s appt is done @missy, hopefully one more mystery soon to be solved.

Sending lots of good wishes to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Valium lasted one hour lol. I’m medication impervious I think. I also took valerian root with it but nada. Yes I’m relaxing now. Thanks for holding my hand ❤️

Thank Junie. Glad your son has the opportunity to move back home with you and save money and you both get to enjoy each other’s company. That’s priceless.

And @springerspaniel you are so kind. I absolutely love the flowers. I’ve never seen such gorgeous roses. The colors are amazingly vibrant. Thank you ❤️

32ECDD8F-8211-4EF4-BEA0-DC041D802B8B.jpeg

I can’t believe the Valium only lasted an hour! I bet your med combo helped a lot! TG!

I waited to tell you that I had a D&C with light sedation, Valium, or something…that didn’t work! It made me nuts. I kept trying to get off the table and kicked my gynecologist a number of times. Fortunately she got the job done. We laughed about it when I went back for my follow up. :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@missy glad your "event" is over and hope the results explain things you need to move forward. LOL I asked for some Ativan when I needed to have needles in my face for a procedure--they gave me some and I told them it was a placebo. No effect!!! :P2
And those roses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Roses are my healing flower--hope they are for you as well. How wonderful @springerspaniel for you to send them! Truly PS'ers are the BEST!!!!!!

@junebug17 is it exciting your DS will come home! Hope you are all well.

@marcy I am impressed your DH shoulder is healing so nicely! YAY!

My DH played hockey in his mixed league today so I did errands and cycled outside. Brisk. Missed all the icy patches and had a nice sunny ride. Paths were rather empty. The noise from our reno's kinda gets on my last nerve...normally I am working so I would not be bothered....oh well.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results