shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hallo ladies! Please forgive me if I don't respond individually. I'm out in Cali and my new house STILL doesn't have internet! So this is coming to you from my local Starbucks.

Tim went home this morning and I miss him already. But the townhouse is a thing of absolute beauty! It's the *perfect* size and I love it! I just bought new TVs and a few odds and ends to round it out, but I think in a month it should look absolutely fabulous. Nathaniel, my God-son is coming over this afternoon and I can't wait to see him! Eleanor is home from Berkeley on Thursday and I will be equally thrilled to see her. This is why I came here and I've got 2 years to make the most of them. The spectacular weather is just a bonus and I'm really hoping that it does my Crohn's good, as it's done in the past.

I need to vacate this table, so this was just a drive-by greeting! I hope you're all well and happy and that you and your families are enjoying the wonderful US fall weather.

NIRDI shout out!

<3

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hallo ladies! Please forgive me if I don't respond individually. I'm out in Cali and my new house STILL doesn't have internet! So this is coming to you from my local Starbucks.

Tim went home this morning and I miss him already. But the townhouse is a thing of absolute beauty! It's the *perfect* size and I love it! I just bought new TVs and a few odds and ends to round it out, but I think in a month it should look absolutely fabulous. Nathaniel, my God-son is coming over this afternoon and I can't wait to see him! Eleanor is home from Berkeley on Thursday and I will be equally thrilled to see her. This is why I came here and I've got 2 years to make the most of them. The spectacular weather is just a bonus and I'm really hoping that it does my Crohn's good, as it's done in the past.

I need to vacate this table, so this was just a drive-by greeting! I hope you're all well and happy and that you and your families are enjoying the wonderful US fall weather.

NIRDI shout out!

<3

We need photos!!!!! Glad you are happy!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

NIRDI shout out!

<3

I’m so happy for you @mrs-b! You deserve this happiness!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Monday!

@MamaBee gorgeous homes. I love the festive way you decorate. It just cheers everything up and I can see why David and S love it too. Big hugs.

@canuk-gal nice you enjoyed a brisk walk and hope the week is a good one. XOXO.

@mrs-b glad you are happy in your new home and that Eleanor and Nathaniel will be staying with you. Sorry Tim went home but he will be back. Big hugs and enjoy every moment with your loved ones. Maybe not having internet is a good thing for a short while. Gives you more time with your family. XOXO

@marcy hope you enjoyed a lovely weekend and are feeling well. Hugs.

@Jemi hope you and your DD and your SIL and grand baby and Kine are all well and happy. Thinking of you. Hugs

@rainwood hope your book is going well. So much to catch up on...the days are flying by. XOXO

@sarahb have a wonderful week. Hope your weather is going to be as good as ours this week. So far it looks to be a splendid weather week. XOXO

@bling_dream19 hope you had a good weekend. XOXO

@Slick1 have a good week at work and hugs.

@MMtwo thinking of you and hoping all is going smoothly. Hugs.

@Bayek hope you had a fun weekend and everyone is well. XOXO

Hi to everyone else. We had a good day yesterday despite the chilly weather and it looks like the next few days might be just purrrfect cycling weather.

Leaving you with a few pics. Hope everyone enjoys a lovely week.
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 5.43.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 5.42.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 5.42.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 5.37.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 5.45.14 AM.png

Enjoy a marvelous Monday lovely ladies. XOXO.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@missy, my word, but that cloud pic is just perfect...such beauty in anything out doors! Your sky is so blue, thank you for posting! Besides clouds & trees, I especially love visual patterns in nature, the texture so to speak. & yes, it has been just glorious, have spent quite a bit of time on the trails, did a 5.5 mi walk yesterday. It sounds like you are recovered from your biopsy--hope you get the answers you need quickly! Your ICOTD pics always look so tempting. Love that you guys do that every day. Life is too short!

We have a family of swans on the lake & caught a glimpse yesterday, plus the moon & Venus. Am I right @marcy? I think it's Venus. Love the sky but am somewhat ignorant of the what I am actually looking at. :lol:

IMG_0545.jpeg

The middle swan looks darker to me, & sorry the image is not very clear--perhaps he is younger? IDK

And the moon & what I think is Venus below.
IMG_0553.jpeg

@marcy, the weather this fall has been incredible. We're in the 50's this week, today the 60's. Crazy. I bet your sister is enjoying it as well. Just hope we don't get major payback Dec-Jan-Feb. @missy, I hope you get our temps in a few days!

@Austina Of our 3, our oldest lived to 18, the 2nd to 15, & now Jack, the youngest, is approaching 17. The last few days have been different, he's not eating as much & just seems 'off', I'm sure you know what I mean. He is loosing his eyesight, & I can only imagine how confusing it must be for him. His cataracts are about 70% now, my theory is his eating/activity etc correspond to how he is feeling re his eyesight. I still take him for his daily walk even if we just make it to the house next door & back. Bless his heart. It seems as though you are settling in beautifully, I hope your house is coming along smoothly!

@canuk-gal Great news your mom is settled, & hope she is happy. What a transition, as we will all be there at some point in our lives, you are fortunate to be there for her. Hope your OR gets going soon! Hope your bike rides continue for as long as you want to do them this fall.

@MamaBee I hear you re getting used to color, I don't have many items with color. Have a tourmaline I sent to DK, which will be my only ring foray, to start next year after the holidays. Do have a WF sapphire/diamond DBTY that I enjoy wearing, but I would love something with a Ruby. Your ruby band looks perfect with your ring. & I agree, your house is gorgeous!

@mrs-b Hope you are adjusting to your new digs & town. It's always an adventure to live somewhere new. My father was an officer in the USAF & we moved every couple of years--loved it. Have fun exploring & hope your health issues are cooperating.

Here are a few more photos from our walk yesterday:
IMG_0523.jpeg

And this pretty sunset.
IMG_0550.jpeg

Must sign off now & get to my dr appt, have a great week everyone!
XOXO

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@sarahb thanks for sharing those beautiful photos and tidbits about your sweet furball.

@missy you are cycling to the max!!! I walked today--but too windy for a ride. The wind brought quite a chill.

My sister said my Mom really enjoyed the music and sing along today--she then stated she was in a "lovely" place. Also also asked my sister to bring in her favorite take out hamburger and french fries. The hospital forbid this practice, but no restrictions now.

My colleague bought me an early BD present: some Mandalorian pj's! Baby Yoda all the way!!! LOLOL.. Pretty funny and cute. Very sweet of her as she knows I love BY.

cheers--Sharon

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Nirdi shoutout! Thank you for your sweet messages Missy. Xoxo to you. I am thinking about you and your health. Also loving your JS pics and icecream! I'm feeling much more rested. Thank you for the kind thoughts from everyone. Love and hugs to all!
@MamaBee your home is gorgeous
@mrs-b your new home sounds just perfect and you are just going to enjoy all of that precious time with your family.
@Austina how is Texan life? Have you gotten some fabulous tex mex food? I'm so happy for you in your new life.
@marcy I love your posts and I'm so glad you are retiring sooner than later.
@sarahb hi there and love your pics!
Shoutout and love to all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I am so glad you had a lovely visit with your parents. I hope they are doing well. That is great your dad is a jokester, laughing is good for the soul. You and me both of lack of patience - it’s not among my skill sets. Sadly it is DST again - I feel like I got up an hour early today. Ha Ha. So sorry about your bleeding and that nothing is normal for you; it isn’t any fun. Keeping you in my thoughts. Love all of your great pictures. I am rooting for you and Greg to reach that 9K mark this year - no problem for the 2 of you super riders.

@Austina how fun to have lunch with Kate. I’ve meet 2 people from PS - I was nervous both times worrying “I hope they like me”.

@canuk-gal great picture of the moose. I keep showing Marty pictures of moose on FB - he isn’t amused. They know he is looking for them. Nice to get some free samples of Estee Lauder. I am glad to hear your mom is settling in to her new place okay and I am sure she’d enjoy your visit. I have never tired chicken and waffles; I should try it. Glad to hear things are getting busy at work. Your new pj’s sound cute and cozy! Happy early birthday.

@MamaBee that is nice of you to drive your friend to lunch. Sorry to hear your mom is getting pretty forgetful and hard of hearing; screaming in to the phone certainly can wear on your throat. Yes, I agree heart palpitations are awful; I have not had an echocardiogram; I might try another doctor the one I went to doesn’t seem very thorough. Isn’t that strange how a certain thing can alter our personalities? Marty’s sister keeps saying she wants to see me as a cry baby but Marty tells her - no you don’t. Your decorations look fabulous!

@bling_dream19 I hope you got caught up on your sleep. I hate the time change.

@mrs-b I hope you get internet soon - welcome to California. That is awesome Nathaniel and Eleanor are coming to visit. Your new place sounds perfect.

@sarahb gorgeous pictures! I totally worry Mother Nature will get even with us for such nice weather this fall - one of those “Hold my beer” moments. Another reason it’s a good idea to retire before spring arrives.

I took more steps today towards retiring. I told my employees and passed on the training of the new girl to one of my team and will start working with my replacement. Yay!!!

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Tuesday!

@marcy wow I am so happy and excited for you. Retirement is very close and yes to not having to commute during your rough winters. I read we are going to have a colder than normal winter with more snow. Ugh and I hope the experts got it wrong. Glad you are getting everyone ready for your departure but I know they will miss you. Thanks for the encouragement and good wishes and right back at ya. May the rest of this year go well. XOXO.

@sarahb oh the photos you shared with us are gorgeous, thank you for sharing! I hope your doctor appointment went well yesterday. My fingers are crossed for you. Nice you got in a long beautiful walk. This time of year is special with all the beauty nature shares with us. It's hard not to get good photos. LOL. Sending you good thoughts and big hugs and hope your week is a lovely one. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 so glad you are feeling better and well rested. Thank you for enjoying all I share here and big hugs to you and your lovely family. (((Hugs)))

@canuk-gal we are trying. There were some challenging rides the past two weeks but so far this week is a dream. That wind however, never slows down once summer is over and honestly even during summer it can be high winds here. It's what you get by being at the ocean. But I'll take it. LOL. Yay your mom enjoyed the music and sing along today and her favorite food too. Sweet and so glad she is happy there. That is everything. Happy early birthday dear Sharon! My mom and sister are Scorpios and if you are one too that makes sense. I adore Scorpios and you are creative and beautiful people. XOXO.

@mrs-b thank you for keeping good thoughts for me. I am apprehensive as I am still bleeding now more than before the biopsy so though the biopsy areas should have healed by now I am hoping that is why and not because my issue is getting worse. I keep repeating to myself...one day at a time. On pins and needles waiting for the results and praying they are normal/negative/OK. How are you feeling? How is Tim doing? I know he is missing you like crazy like you are missing him. I am glad you are where the weather is milder for your Crohns but also know it is a big sacrifice being away from Tim for much of the time. Hope you are enjoying Eleanor and Nathaniel and having a grand visit with them. Big hugs sweet lady.

@Austina good luck today with your booster. Hope all goes smoothly. XOXO.Please hug Bertie from me.

@Bayek I know you don't read this most of the time but if you are reading expect something from me today. Big hugs and lots of love. Be well.

@Slick1 the holidays are almost upon us...before we know it Spring will be here. Haha that is what I tell myself anyway :lol:
Hope you are enjoying a calm week.Hugs.

@MamaBee how is your mom doing? Any exciting plans this week? I adore your decorations. Do you decorate both homes? With 4 cats we are putting up the tree but not decorating it with the exception of lights. Unfortunately this crew cannot be trusted. Oh well less work to do on both ends. Putting it up and taking it down. It took Greg many many many hours to fix the damage the cats did last year to the tree so let's hope it looks OK and the lights work lol. Anyway have a great week and big hugs.

@MMtwo thinking of you. Hoping the new job is going well and your family is doing well. Hugs.

@springerspaniel hugs and hope you are enjoying a good week. Please kiss and hug Freddie and Clyde from me.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.
We enjoyed a good ride yesterday despite my cramping and bleeding. I am just trying to take each day as it comes and enjoy each hour as best I can. It's on my mind of course but I can compartmentalize and enjoy cycling for the most part. I have no choice really but to compartmentalize otherwise my life would suffer. Luckily for us the weather is great now and the days are beautiful. Looking forward to cycling today as today is the warmest day of the week and supposed to hit mid 60s and sunny woohoo. My favorite weather. Hope everyone enjoys a gorgeous day. Big hugs and lots of love.

For @sarahb and everyone else who loves ice cream as much as we do. One day I hope we can all sit down and enjoy this ice cream together. My treat!

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 5.53.11 AM.png

Leaving you with a photo I took of vultures all over someone's roof yesterday. They were happily hanging out. I read that vultures are good for the environment and clean it up. Makes sense right? Anyway have a wonderful day girls and be safe and be well. XOXO.

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 5.53.46 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy We have vultures in Maryland. When Bailey was alive they would congregate on the roof and stare down at us. It was a little scary. I was prepared to protect Bailey because he was a chicken. ❤️
Thank you for liking my dorky decorations...hahaha I usually do decorate both houses but not this year..We’re having some maintenance done on both houses..I just did the house in Pa this year. I actually like the Maryland fall decorations better. The Christmas decorations are nicer here. David can’t wait for me to get them up. We start decorating on Thanksgiving Day after dinner.
Yesterday was a nightmare. I had Mr. Handyman come to finish up the patching of the little hairline cracks we had in the ceilings. We also had some water stains on the ceilings. We had the roof repaired so hopefully that’s fixed. The guy came two weeks ago to do the patching. He came back yesterday to do the sanding. OMG..I had white construction dust throughout the whole house. He didn’t have a vacuuming sander. White dust was over everything..couches, counters, floor, etc…I have dark floor so you could see the footprints in the white sanding dust all over the floors. It even made it to the floors and artwork upstairs..I vacuumed everything I could see..I also dusted everything before going to bed. It was dark when he left so I couldn’t see everything. I woke up to find it had made it upstairs..Before I could even make my coffee I was vacuuming upstairs. I mopped every floor downstairs. I still have to mop upstairs but it’s all vacuumed. I’m beyond PO’d…
My mom and Chris are coming today for a visit, I have to clean my car, get gas, make two patches of pumpkin bread for my friends for Thanksgiving, buy gift cards to go with my friends gifts for tomorrow, etc. I’m very crabby..lol
I hope you get to cycle today..It’s supposed to be milder today..
Big hugs to everyone..XOXOXO

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’re still cycling. What a gorgeous day.
But just received an email from lab corp with my biopsy results and I wanted to share with you because you’ve been so supportive.

Evidently they have to release it to the patient at the same time they send the report to the doctor. However since I’m not familiar with the terminology I texted the results to my friend (the gynecologist) and she said it’s benign. Woohoo! So relieved.

I’m seeing my gynecologist Monday to discuss the results but I’m feeling so much lighter now.

Thanks to everyone here who cared and held my hand. Love you girls ❤️

For those of you interested here are the results from Lab Corp.

“ENDOMETRIAL BIOPSY:
UNDERDEVELOPED ENDOMETRIAL GLANDS AND DECIDUALIZED STROMA COMPATIBLE WITH PROGESTIN EFFECT.
AST 11/09/2021 0940 Local
CPT Codes: (01) 883051

Hope you’re all enjoying a wonderful day. XOXO ❤️

06120821-B0F5-4D9B-BE5A-81B45685CED3.jpeg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a relief for you @missy, so glad it came back benign!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, @missy. When I read your results, I realized how much I'd been holding my breath for you! Something in my gut just went "Aaaaaahhhhhhh....."

I'm SO PLEASED! I wonder if they'll suggest a hysterectomy to end the bleeding completely? Altho this is benign, it may be a sign of being on the road to 'not benign' - so be sure to ask them if this is a pre-cancerous marker. If it is, and if you decide to go the hysterectomy route, you'd be able to have them remove the uterus (I mean - were you really using it anyway?), but keep your ovaries etc. That would be laparoscopic and fairly mild, as surgeries go (while acknowledging that all surgeries are significant).

@Austina - I hope your booster went well. How are you enjoying your new car? I've been finally driving my new baby-Mazda (it's a Mazda 3 hatch) and it's very comfortable. I bought one with all the bells and whistles, but only wanted something small and manageable. So this is perfect for me. It's grey and seems like a little crouching bunny - so I've christened it Cottontail. :)) How is the house progressing?

@MamaBee - goodness me, you work hard, lady! I have some sympathy for the white powder as yesterday I swept my courtyard which was COVERED in fine, black dirt/dust. By the time I was done, I was sweating and had black tracks down my cheeks. My white sneakers were a dark grey. Is there such a thing as an outside vac? I'm going to need one. Seriously.
I love your Christmas decorations. Your houses are so gorgeous and you really go all the way with your seasonal decorations! So beautiful! And I definitely want 'in' on the pumpkin bread! I'd love to sit down with you one day with a coffee, and slice of pumpkin bread, and a good long chat about jewelry, and houses, and all sorts of things! Anyway, I'll be following your posts to see when your decorations go into full swing - always warms my heart when the PS ladies start throwing up the twinkle lights!

Aaaand I was going to reply to everyone, but I now need to vacate this table! Just very quickly....

@canuk-gal - they're predicting a blizzard for northern US this week. What's the predicted weather in your part of the world? I'm guessing your outside cycling days are coming to an end, if they haven't already. So glad to hear your mother sounds better. I hope she goes from strength to strength.

@marcy - how are you feeling? I'm SO glad you're moving closer to retirement! Time for others to pick up the slack and carry the load. Tim's hematology appt has been moved back tot he 15th of this month and it can't come soon enough! I hope they can help him - for a man who is as healthy as he is otherwise, not at all overweight, and exercises daily, his resting pulse should NOT be 90. I'd love to see him get a burst of energy, too, which I think would have to happen if he wasn't anemic and his heart wasn't working overtime to circulate oxygen and nutrients. I'm worried about this and want it fixed, dammit!

@sarahb - can I ask you where you live? What state? Your photos are SUBLIME. That very fall-like photo with all the red leaves and bright green lawn is how the whole world should look! Well, a good fraction of it, anyway. Thank you for sharing.

@bling_dream19, @Slick1, @junebug17 and @springerspaniel - I'm getting the evil eye here so have to get out. I hope you are each well (Lisa - how is the paper going??) and enjoying this gorgeous fall.

Love to you all!

<3

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@missy cycle mania! Good for you and very happy your results were benign. So what's the plan?

@mrs-b yuk to black soot! Hope you are settling in and that your DH gets his anemia sorted.

@marcy Wow, your retirement is really happening! Good for you! And LOL to the Moose enigma.

@MamaBee sanding/drywall dust is a PITA.

Not much going on here. No cycling as it is 2C. I could just throw on my parka, but nah. Did errands today and have more tomorrow.. My GP called with my bloodwork results--normal. EKG somewhere in transit? Anyway, if anything were critical I would have been notified pronto. My BP is good.

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I thought I posted yesterday :doh:

@missy, the best possible news on the biopsy, I’m so relieved for you, just wish the bleeding would stop now. Let’s hope now this is out of the way, you can get to the cause of the bleeding and get that all sorted out. Bertie has been suitable kissed and cuddled on your behalf :)

Oy @MamaBee, I can’t stand sloppy workmen. If he didn’t have the right equipment, he should’ve at least ensured he covered where he was working so he didn’t make a mess. David and Kim have a lot in common, she wants to put the Christmas decorations up now! :mrgreen:

I’m so relieved for you @canuk-gal that your Mum seems to be settling so well, that’s a huge hurdle overcome that she’s accepted her new home and is making the best of it. The fish we had was pollock, and we bought it pre-battered from HEB, I’m all for letting others do the hard work.

Woohoo to loving your new digs @mrs-b, how fun to be having your young guests soon. I’m loving the Sorento, drivers here are notoriously bad so I wanted something big and safe, there are lots of trucks around and I just think having a big car at least gives us a fighting chance.

Congratulations on your impending retirement @marcy, it’s a big decision, but one I’m sure you won’t regret.

Great photos @sarahb, wow you’re obviously doing something very right to get your dogs to such great ages. We did go up to the house yesterday, I noticed a couple of things had been done, but unfortunately, the windows have been delayed.

We did have some chilli the other day @bling_dream19, Kim made it and it was absolutely delicious. We haven’t been out for a meal altogether as we’re all still being careful.

Just got back from getting my booster, I had Pfizer, like my other 2 shots, and so far so good. I didn’t even feel the needle going in. I even got a $5 voucher for being a good girl :lol:

We went up to the house, and they’re talking about another 6 weeks before the windows arrive :oops2: We’re really disappointed at the delay, but nothing we can do about it, there are lots of shortages of all sorts of materials. The garage is full of Sheetrock, and we were told that they’re trying to source another window supplier. They’re sheetrocking another house to see how it goes, and may carry on with our house so they’re ready for the windows when they do eventually show up.

If my arm is OK tomorrow, we’re planning on going to the outlets at San Marcos for a mooch and to see if there’s anything we need in the Black Friday sales.

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Austina I hear ya on frustration about windows. Same issue here--delays in reno's (roof done, but windows late) due to problems in supply chain. And we are facing cold temps which makes me rather anxious. My favorite fish for fish and chips is Halibut--second is cod. We don't have that many great F & C places here anymore. boohoo

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy! You made my day..okay night now! I’m sooooooo happy it’s benign!! Best news! ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's Wonderful Wednesday! And thank you! Huge relief. I wanted to text each one of you but forgive me for just posting here. I was so exhausted and relieved and just thought this was the most efficient way to let everyone know. But if I could do it again I would reach out to each one of you and thank you personally for caring.

To address a few questions.

I'm SO PLEASED! I wonder if they'll suggest a hysterectomy to end the bleeding completely? Altho this is benign, it may be a sign of being on the road to 'not benign' - so be sure to ask them if this is a pre-cancerous marker. If it is, and if you decide to go the hysterectomy route, you'd be able to have them remove the uterus (I mean - were you really using it anyway?), but keep your ovaries etc. That would be laparoscopic and fairly mild, as surgeries go (while acknowledging that all surgeries are significant).

Dear @mrs-b first of all thank you so much. For all your caring and generous support. I do not want to have a hysterectomy if my uterus is healthy. And I do not want a Mirena IUD (what my gynecologist suggested at the biopsy appointment if my results turned out to be benign). I react badly to synthetic hormones and could never tolerate bc pills. But the bio identical hormones don't affect me in a bad way. Except for the bleeding lol. I have to find out why I am bleeding before I jump to doing anything extreme like surgery. I hope to keep my uterus and hope I can figure out a different way to stop the bleeding. I spoke with another friend yesterday as soon as I got the report before I texted my gynecologist friend. And he said that report says no cancer or pre cancer. But of course I wait to see what my gynecologist says on Monday when I see her to discuss the results. Because I do not understand what the report is saying re the "progestin effect". My lining at last ultrasound over a month ago was 7mm which would suggest not enough progesterone. But the report looks to be saying too much? I really don't understand it and will patiently wait til my appointment. The main thing I was very worried about was benign or not and two of my friends confirmed benign. I also sent the report to my sister the veterinarian and she said immediately benign. LOL she can read the report better than I can. When I first got the findings I read it and re read it and turned to Greg (we were at our ice cream stop) and said I have no clue if this is cancer or not. They don't make it easy for the lay person to read. Even one who has a strong science background. I am sorry I cannot answer your questions better but this is what I know at this time. Thank you so much again for caring. XOXO.

@sarahb thank you my sweet friend! Huge relief and it feels like a weight has been lifted. The bleeding continues but I just injected a strong med and fingers crossed it starts working again. It was working for one week or so but then the biopsy started the bleeding again and it just isn't stopping so I hope this will help.

@canuk-gal the plan is to increase my bio P and continue with the injections of P as well and also to do a forced shed of my lining to reset my uterus so to speak. It won't be pleasant because it will incite a full blown bleeding like a period but worse for at least a week or so. The thought is to let my uterus shed the lining and perhaps reset it so I can start fresh. It will be painful and I won't start it till after I have to do blood work next friday for my endocrinologist. It will cause my iron to tank so that is why I want to wait til after the blood work. YAY for your results being good! And for a good blood pressure too!

@Austina thank you for everything. You are a good friend. I am so glad you got your booster and that your son and DIL are getting theirs too. That is a relief and gives everyone peace of mind. And peace of mind is precious.

@MamaBee thank you for always being there for me and for being a good friend. And for sharing in my relief. Have a wonderful drive today with your friend and I hope the car washing last night went ok and I hope your cut is healing. Ouch. And big hugs. Drive safely!

@springerspaniel I am sorry I didn't text you yesterday. A lot was happening but I feel I should have texted you specifically for all your caring support. This was hurdle one. And the main hurdle. Now that I know it is benign I can continue taking this bleeding one day at a time and work on different plans to try to stop it. My doctors are out of ideas but luckily I am not LOL. Big hugs and a big heartfelt thank you.

@bling_dream19 hugs to you sweet friend. Hope your week is going well.

@Slick1 happy hump day lol. I always hated that expression but not anymore. Just two more days til friday woohoo.

@marcy hope you are enjoying a lovely week and feeling well. Big hugs. As for retirement I never regretted it for one moment. Not one. Of course we are all different but knowing what I know about you I think you will enjoy it to the max. Freedom. So sweet.

Speaking of sweet here is our ICOTD.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 6.22.15 AM.png

In other news my new computer arrived and Greg is downloading info (or is it uploading lol) and I am still using my old computer which is giving me trouble. I have more photos I want to share but it won't let me. So I will say adieu for now and reset it and try sharing after the reset. Hahaha resetting it like I am trying to reset my uterus. LOL.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday girls!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I am back. Hopefully I can share these photos. This might be the last morning I am posting from my old and persnickety computer lol.

After I received my results the sun felt even more delicious and everything felt sweeter. It was truly a beautiful autumn day.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 6.25.54 AM.png

It made me sad to see this doe in a busy residential area. We have taken their land. Heartbreaking. :(
Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 6.25.37 AM.png

Some autumn colors from the Jersey Shore.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 6.30.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 6.30.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 6.30.14 AM.png

And as we rode back home our sweet grey feral Pepsi met us with his (fierce meow not really lol) and sweet face. He is a doll but won't let us approach him but he doesn't run either. As long as we keep our distance.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 6.26.08 AM.png

Isn't he gorgeous? I just want to hug the ferals and make everything OK for them. I just want to make everything OK for everyone. Big hugs my sweet friends. May your day be as sweet and lovely as you are and may you and your loved ones stay healthy and happy always. XOXO.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning! That was the best news @missy..I’m still smiling when I think if it.
I did so much yesterday that my back was hurting during the night. I couldn’t turn over without saying ouch out loud..haha..I feel sore but better this morning. I hand washed my car last night in the garage because it was too dark outside. I actually enjoyed it. I washed it with a bucket of lavender Fabuloso, water, and a microfiber cloth. it came out sparkling clean. My car now smells like lavender!
I also packaged the pumpkin bread for my friends..I made four loaves at one time. I froze one for Christmas.
I’ll be back later tonight to catch up on what you are all doing..Have a great day! XO
89007FC5-44E8-4A44-9C4D-5B600F886267.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot to show you the hat I got my mom for Thanksgiving. She wanted to do a little parade for the nurses to make them laugh. I bought her this one. :lol:
1E269D8D-4170-4044-9393-7B2C285C0DF2.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to show you the hat I got my mom for Thanksgiving. She wanted to do a little parade for the nurses to make them laugh. I bought her this one. :lol:
1E269D8D-4170-4044-9393-7B2C285C0DF2.jpeg

OMG I love this! Your mom is adorable! :love:
And I love her sweater too!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everybody! I'm sorry I'm not posting much, but I am trying to get everything in for an application to a research fellow program that I hope to start in January. I am also giving a talk this Friday at 12 to the Gerontological Society of America, so am of course nervous about that. Too bad it's ZOOM and not in Phoenix as originally planned.

@missy THE BEST NEWS EVER!!!!! I am so happy you received the info. Your sister is right, no cancer, and the "progestin effect" is just the description of how it has affected the cells, would be my guess. I understand about wanting to keep your uterus--my PCP kept telling me the organs were "just waiting around to get cancer anyway" when he recommended I get a hysterectomy for post menopausal bleeding. It's not like they're all standing at a bus stop.....I can tell how much lighter you are from your posts on PS!!!!!!! Freddie and Clyde send their love.

@mrs-b I can't wait to see pictures of your new townhouse. So cool that you get to spend the time with your godchildren, and it does sound as if you feel somewhat better physically. We only get one go-around in life, so let's make the most of it. Looking forward to catching up!

@MamaBee that sweater and the hat are so awesome! Everyone needs something to lighten their day, and your Mom seems to be a good sport. You tire me out with descriptions of how you spend your day.

@Austina sorry there is a delay in getting your windows. I was thinking back to what a journey it has been for you to get here, and I am so thrilled for you to have gotten this far. Hope you find something fun at the outlets!

@marcy I am not sure what retirement is supposed to look like, but I am glad you are getting the opportunity to find out. What ideas do you have for what you'd most like to do?

Freddie is playing with his very loud grunting elephant while David is trying to have a ZOOM meeting, so I'd better rescue both of them before disaster strikes....

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I am so relieved to hear your biopsy news. Sending you mega dust and keeping you in my thoughts.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

@springerspaniel much success to you on your grant application. I always found them a lot of work.

@MamaBee what a fun photo! Awesome hat.

@missy as usual gorgeous photos! Adorable cat!

Had some sad news today--my lifelong friend (and bridesmate) lost her dear sweet Mother today. I'm feeling rather down.

Also my GP called at suppertime last night--while my bloodwork in normal, my EKG is not. While she didn't seem to be worried--I'm opting to have an ECHO. Don't have that appt yet. I had one app 5 year ago along with a treadmill test, and it was normal. My BP continues to read "normal" range. Anyway.

My Mother seems to be settling in nicely. She really enjoyed the film of Italy in the afternoon and the trio from the Symphony who played in the evening. She even said the chicken pot pie was good!

cheers--Sharon

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy those vultures are something; love the vibrant leaves on those trees! Beautiful. I am so glad the biopsy results were benign. I hope your appointment goes well on Monday. I hope you enjoy your new computer.

@MamaBee love the picture of your mom. Sorry the roof repairs got dust all over; did they bring something to cover up your floor / furniture? That fine dust is not fun to get cleaned up either. Sorry you woke up sore from all the hard work.

@sarahb it has definitely cooled off here - I am hoping major snows hold off until after I retire.

@mrs-b glad you are enjoying driving around in Cottontail. I am definitely on the path to retirement. I’ve been telling more people so it is quickly become more real. I am working on a bunch of Marcy Stuff procedures. It may never be utilized but I tried. I sure hope they do fix Tim’s anemia - I can so identify with worrying about that rapid heartbeat and heart working overtime to keep the body oxygenated. I sure knew something wasn’t right with me and I keep trying to pinpoint when it started but when you are used to things it is hard to say.

@canuk-gal I am so sorry to hear about your friend’s mom; that is such a difficult loss for all her and her family. Sorry to hear you have to have some more tests; sending you mega dust. Sorry to hear your renovation is having trouble getting windows too. That is great your mom is settling in so well at her new place.

@Austina that stinks about the windows - what a mess the supply chain has become.

@springerspaniel darn you don’t get to go to Phoenix for the talk. It is probably very nice there right now. Good luck with your talk.

I have been typing up procedures of what Marcy does at work - that is such a boring task but I’m almost done and will review them then start taking it easy and having other people learn how to do my stuff.

My new lens should arrive tomorrow - technically it’s my Christmas present but Marty said I could have it now. His new camera isn’t scheduled to even ship until December 30th so I’d feel bad getting my present early. I need to find some good stocking stuffers for him plus pick up some stuff for my SIL - she is coming here in a few weeks and I haven’t heard yet if she’ll be here through Christmas.

I hope my ruby earring ship next week but we will see. I’m telling myself after I retire my jewelry purchases will dramatically drop but don’t hold me to that.

Take care.
Marcy

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Austina I hear ya on frustration about windows. Same issue here--delays in reno's (roof done, but windows late) due to problems in supply chain. And we are facing cold temps which makes me rather anxious. My favorite fish for fish and chips is Halibut--second is cod. We don't have that many great F & C places here anymore. boohoo

cheers--Sharon

So sad about dwindling fish and chip shops. We noticed the decline beginning 18 years ago as they were becoming harder to find In Canada, London and Australia. Pity. I prefer the cod over halibut as it seems to more fatty!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Thursday! Still using my old computer as the new one isn't quite set up yet...I already had to reset this one twice this morning lol.

@springerspaniel thank you very much! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your good energy and wishes. And good luck with your application, how exciting. Also good luck tomorrow with your talk to the Gerontological Society of America. I am in awe of anyone who can give speeches in public. One day I will share one of my big mess-ups with public speaking. I can laugh about it now. Thank you for getting how I feel about a hysterectomy. Hoping very much I don't need one. And big hugs to you, Freddie and Clyde and I feel their love coming my way too. Sending love and hugs to all of you.

@canuk-gal I am so sorry for your dear friend's loss of her mother. :( Very sad.
I am glad your blood work and bp are normal and hope the EKG is just a mistake and the echocardiogram will show all to be fine. My fingers are crossed for you. So lovely your mom is settling in well and she is content. Very good news indeed. Big hugs.

@marcy yay can't wait for your ruby earrings to get here. And sweet you are getting your Christmas present of the lens early. It drives me nuts when people post here this is my early (anniversary, christmas etc) gift and now I have to put it away til the occasion..nooooooo. LOL. Anyway glad you can enjoy it early. Darn on having to type up boring procedures of what you do during the work day but if it will help others..and remember your time is limited now at work and soon you will be freeeeee. XOXO.

Hi @lambskin! Hope all is going well with you and your family. I love fish and chips too and yes to halibut. Yummm.

Good morning @Slick1 hope all is going smoothly. Before you know it will be holiday break. Time is speeding by. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 it's almost friYAY. We had a good run weather wise but it's over tonight. Turning wet and thundery and cold. But it was a good run! Hope you are enjoying good weather while it lasts and stay warm and cozy. XOXO

@MamaBee how did your trip go yesterday? I hope you had fun with your girlfriend. Hugs.

@Austina any weekend plans? How are you feeling day 2 after the booster? Hope you are back to tip top shape and feeling well. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.
We enjoyed another spectacular sunny ride yesterday but today is much colder. We are going to be wearing all our layers cycling. And today might be the last day for a while as the weather isn't going to be cooperating for at least the next few days after today. I wish everyone a lovely day.

Leaving you with a few photos. Trying to capture the last of autumn colors. They are already fading and all the leaves falling.

Yellow and red are my favorite autumn colors. Bright, beautiful, warm and fiery.

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 5.55.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 5.55.29 AM.png

It was a sunny glorious (windy) day yesterday.

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 5.55.42 AM.png

And our ICOTD for our dear @sarahb :sun:

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 5.56.00 AM.png

Enjoy a sweet Thursday girls. Love you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results