carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Austina very generous of you to help out that poor couple. What a story! Many none of us ever experience such an event. These are our wet months and we always have some sort of snow. Benefits of living in the Rockies!!!:lol-2::cool2:

Went for a ride today--I was cold from the wind. I'll be shopping for some Gortex cycling pants. Speaking of shopping the Black Yak products came but didn't fit. I don't know how people successfully shop for clothing online. I really "need" top try things on. Easier to buy a diamond than clothing!!

cheers--Sharon

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And they're back!

Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 4.18.45 PM.png

@bling_dream19 I hope we can enjoy ice cream together there and it looks like we might be able to...D and T said at least another year (as long all remains well that is) and maybe two but no promises...one day at a time. They told us they have an exit plan in place but not right now :)

days2021.jpeg

Hi @canuk-gal aww I'm sorry. We are getting rain tomorrow so no riding for us but hoping your weather turns nicer for riding tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

sending_flowers.gif

Count me in for ice cream. Any day. I'm not kidding - Tim and I have both had our vaccines and we're bored as all get out. @bling_dream19 - you and Tom need to get your butts to NYC so we can all meet up.

I'm serious about this - pick a date and choose your weapons!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Tuesday.

@mrs-b as soon as we take care of Greg and see what we have to do re his thyroid cancer follow up treatment you are on!

@bling_dream19 you too!

@canuk-gal sweet you enjoyed a ride yesterday. I do buy (almost) everything online. I guess I am generally lucky that way and what doesn't fit exactly Greg can generally alter so again lucky cause I have my own seamstress. :) If you lived closer he could alter your clothing too. Maybe incentive to move? 8)

@Austina good luck today on dose 2 and yes I can understand why you are looking forward to getting it. Long time waiting and you have been patient. How wonderful you were able to help that family out.

@marcy how was your Monday? Happy Tuesday.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.

My periodontal appointment went very well. She said to me when she saw my name as her first appointment on Monday morning she smiled and it brightened her Monday morning as she always looks forward to seeing me. That is an awesome compliment and made my morning. And my gums and teeth are in good shape so yay.

Yesterday we took a wonderful hike and got lost (my fault as I called my friend to wish her a happy birthday and was talking as we were hiking and I was leading the way and well I was distracted haha) but it turned out well as we ended up on the beach. If we had to get lost ending up on the beach works. :)

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 6.17.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 6.17.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 6.16.54 AM.png

I feel very fortunate we live in such a beautiful environment. Woods, beach, sand, sea, wildlife all right there for us to enjoy and admire and love.

Today we have a dishwasher repairman appointment we waited two weeks for...the dishwasher has been leaking so I have been running it but with towels underneath. Anyway I am not happy we have to wait to get it evaluated today between 10-1 which is in the middle of our day. We will work around it and while I know it certainly won't be fixed today hopefully he can diagnose what is wrong. Greg tried and even ordered a part and replaced it to no improvement of the leaking. So we shall see.

Somehow we hope to get in hiking (or cycling but that is doubtful as we have that middle of the day appt) today. We shall see.

I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Tuesday. Sending you lots of good wishes and hugs.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I hope you managed to get the dishwasher fixed today @missy, and it was an easy fix and not something that requires getting a new one. Hopefully you didn’t have to wait too long for the engineer to come and managed to get out. What a lovely compliment from the periodontist and yay to everything being good with your teeth.

The locals will need sunglasses when the NIRDI bling girls get together for ice cream @mrs-b :lol: Won’t that be a fun meet up?

Oh phooey that the clothes didn’t fit @canuk-gal, it would be great if clothes sizes were all the same, but depending on the brand, I could be 2-3 sizes different! Have you ever thought of moving to sunnier climes?

Well, I turned up at my appointed time, got jabbed, sat for 15 minutes and came home, and so far so good. I didn’t even feel the needle going in, and can’t feel the site of the needle so far. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

No other news, just having a lazy day, washed and ironed the bedding, that’s all!

Big love and hugs to you all :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well what a crazy day we had.

The appliance repair store sent the repair person to Brooklyn. Their fault entirely. They did this last time too. LOL is all I can say because I cannot waste any energy on this stuff. Forunately I had Greg call when they first opened this AM at 7:30 to make sure of the time they were coming and that's when we realized wrong address. They said there wasn't any way they could get a repair person to us today to the beach house. OK fine. The upside was we got to cycle YAY.

We were first told we had to wait another few weeks to get a reschedule. I wasn't about to waste any of my precious energy fighting. Instead I messaged the company and we went cycling. A few hours into our ride Diane from the repair company called and somehow she got a service guy to us this afternoon!

It was a mad dash however as we were 25 miles away from the house and Diane said he would be there in a 90 minutes. We flew back. Almost literally. We were cycling 20 mph most of the way back and only slowed down on the last 3 miles which are trail and you cannot go super fast. He was just arriving and at our front door when we pulled up. Whew! And woohoo supposedly he found and fixed the leak. So tonight we shall see if it is indeed fixed. I reserve any excitement about that. :)

Thanks for listening and I hope everyone is enjoying a lovely day. XO.

@Austina yay for no pain and hoping that continues. I also never felt either needle. Big hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's wonderful (I hope) Wednesday.

Off to the gynecologist this morning and it's going to be a gorgeous warm day (80sF!) so hopefully cycling after that.

Drumroll please....
The dishwasher works woohoo!

And I forgot to tell you the most funny story yesterday about the repairman.

When we cycled up to the house yesterday as he was already on our porch he couldn't believe it was us. He told us (afterwards) that he is a cyclist and he and his cycling friend always see us everywhere down the shore. They even talk about us hahaha. Just as I suspected lots of people "know" us just by seeing us cycling on our recumbent crazy tandem. He said he cannot wait to tell his cycling buddy guess whose dishwasher he fixed lol.

And turns out he is a woodworker too just like Greg so they bonded over that as well.
What started that morning as a frustrating experience turned into a very pleasant one.

I will spare you the challenge I am having right now with my health insurance company.
Let's just say frustrating is an understatement.
It is lucky I am not a violent person. :/
Hoping to resolve this issue but it might take a really long time.

That's my update for this morning.
I hope everyone is well and has a lovely and wonderful Wednesday.
XOXO.

Leaving you with Gracie and Greg holding hands/paws last night. :kiss:

gracieandgregholdingpaws.png

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Nirdi shoutout! Oh Missy I love that story! It was all meant to be. And soo glad he fixed the dishwasher too! Hope that insurance business gets worked out soon. All is well here, getting things done and healing. Love and hugs to all!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

LOL about knowing people on the trails--I saw the same folks today again! But I don't know if they are carpenters or lawyers!

Windy ride today--but got a lot accomplished. Cycled to a spot where I could get everything I needed. It was busy since it was sunny. But it felt like pushing a rock uphill due to the winds. Then I walked to another market and nearly lost my hat in the winds! Great day for sailing...could see whitecaps on the water..... DH snagged a tee time yesterday and was happy.

Work was actually very pleasant yesterday...wish everyday were like that. My Mom got the results of her biopsy and will need surgery. Not an emergency, luckily.

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@canuk-gal it is definitely that time of year where both of us get all 4 seasons and sometimes in one day - yes that’s springtime in the Rockies. I was just telling Dee Jay it’s funny this time of year when it gets in the 40’s I’m like I am not wearing a jacket but in the fall once it gets in the 40’s I need my parka. Ha Ha. I so agree it is far easier to buy diamonds online than clothing. I am sorry to hear your mom needs surgery but I am relieved it’s not an emergency. Mega dust to her.

@missy glad your periodontal appointment went well and of course we understand why she looks forward to seeing you. Nice you are having warm weather this week. Yes, we both do faithfully push through; we are good and faithful doing our lifting. You do seem to have great luck shopping online and of course Greg is awesome at tweaking things so they fit you. He’s a keeper but you already know that! You do live in a beautiful area. Oh no for the repairman going to the wrong house; I am glad they “finally” got there and the dishwasher is fixed now. That is so cool the repairman cycles and love woodworking and that’s amazing he has seen the 2 of you out cycling. Small world! Good luck with your insurance!

@Austina that is so awful and sad about the couple who lost everything in a fire but luckily they are fine. I saw that on the local news one time after a segment on a house fire; the fireman said always close all of your doors at night it came make a huge difference in the time you have to get out or be rescued. The “guest” side of our house all the doors always open but our side of the house I shut every door on my way to bed. That is tough they will be out of their home for a year.

@mrs-b I hope you and Tim do go have ice cream soon.

@bling_dream19 how are you doing?

I slept in a bit then got around and did a batch of laundry then rounded up the paperwork to go register my car. Lines weren't bad considering it's almost the end of the month. After paying for the taxes and plates for a year I comforted myself with the knowledge most of it is tax deductible. Ha! I picked up lunch on the way home so I could eat something before heading to the dentist.

The dental torture wasn't as bad as expected. The muscle at the back of my mouth where he put in the "big" shot is pretty sore; I kind of feel a bump/blister or something there too. My teeth don't hurt much though. Marty was heading to Jax when I got home but he said I should stay home because my face looks like I had a stroke. I tried drinking some water when I got home and it went all over me and not much in my mouth. By supper time I could drink out of a straw and had soft food for supper. I had 2 baby bell pieces of cheese, mashed potatoes and a brownie. I figured I needed a treat after the torture session.

I lifted after Marty went shopping; it was funny because doing my inhale before lifting was tough since only one side seemed to work.

Take care,
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's Thursday already. Wow the week is going fast.

@canuk-gal this is for you.

Yay for you enjoying cycling yesterday despite the winds. And glad your DH got to golf.
We got to cycle again yesterday too. It was gorgeous out and unlike your day not windy. Which is rare around here. We now have two days of wind and rain at least so no cycling for us for a while. Hope you have a great day. Hugs.

@marcy I am glad the dental work wasn't too painful. And glad you got so much accomplished this week so far. Good for you lifting despite the post dental state. And yes to deserving a treat after all you went through. As for one doctor liking me well it balanced out yesterday because my gynecologist was quite cross with me. I am sad but looks like I need to find someone more well versed in BHRT but I do not look forward to the search. In the meantime I will continue seeing her for my annual gynecologist appointments as she is skilled with those. But oy it is challenging to find doctors who think outside the box or even think well inside it. :( Hope you are feeling all better this morning. XOXO.

@Austina glad you experienced nothing but a bit of arm soreness. Well done. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 aww thanks. Yeah he seems like a solid fella and Greg actually helped him fix the dishwasher as the repairman was having trouble threading a part and Greg took it and did it for him. Teamwork. How are you? How is your hubby? We saw Jimmy yesterday and had ice cream there. We are spreading the ice cream love. XOXO.

@Slick1 how is work going? How is the family? Thinking of you. Hugs.

@mrs-b how are you feeling? I have been overwhelmed with my (lack of good) healthcare and am feeling a bit blue and I am guessing you might be able to relate. Though your doctors seem very good and competent so maybe not. I hope you aren't going through what I am dealing with in the search for good healthcare. I am not a quitter but lately I have been feeling it is all too hard. Anyway you are in my thoughts and I am sending you lots of love.

Hi to everyone else.
Yesterday after my gynecologist appointment we went cycling and it was a gorgeous day. Not windy and temps super comfortable. It was in the 70s F all day and never reached the 80s here. We visited with Jimmy and had our first ice cream there of the season. I had PB&J and vanilla and Greg got PB monster. It was sooo yummy.

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 8.03.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 8.03.04 AM.png

It's a rainy day today so errands for us and maybe we can get a walk in today in between the rain. I am not sure of the timing.

Have a wonderful Thursday lovely ladies and big hugs and much love to each and everyone of you.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so sorry everything single thing medical is always such a monstrous hurdle for you @missy :( I’m glad at least one thing is going right and the dishwasher was fixed and is working properly again. Yay to glorious weather yesterday and being able to cycle and enjoy some delicious ice cream.

I always find drinking something warm helps the anaesthetic wear off quicker @marcy, otherwise you end up being a dribbling wreck! Glad the torture wasn’t too bad and you got your errands done and your car is all legal.

Sorry to hear your Mum will need surgery @canuk-gal but glad it’s not urgent. Yay to a better time at work, did you sort out anything about working less hours?

Good to hear everything is going well with you @bling_dream19, long may it continue.

Yesterday was a bit up and down, up because Colin’s paperwork is all done and accepted, but down because we’ve had to make the decision to cancel our trip to see Adam and Kim. Colin did find alternative flights, but we’ve decided it’s not worth the risk of being denied entry while our green cards are pending. If an immigration officer decides he doesn’t believe we’re just visiting, we could get deported and banned from entering for 5 years. So we’ve decided that as we’re so close, we’ll just wait until it’s all done. It may not be very likely that we could get stopped, but any risk, no matter how small, just isn’t one we want to take. Hopefully won’t be too long before we’re granted an interview.

Had my jab on Tuesday and everything is fine, no real side effects other than 10 hours after the shot, the injection site was a bit sore.

Took Colin for his follow up cardiologist appt this afternoon, yes, it seems like years ago he did the 2nd 24 hr monitor, and everything is fine, the Dr had halved his dose of beta blockers.

This week has whizzed by again, and I’m officially finished painting, did the last little bit this afternoon.

Wishing all the lovely NIRDIs a good day, and sending love and hugs to you :wavey:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, I have been mia a bit; @missy I am sorry to hear about frustrating healthcare. I am beyond done with drs too.

I'm enjoying the last few minutes of quiet before the kids get home from school.

dd is graduating soon; ds has a school play and I am expected to be at both, but so sick idk how i can go to either. But how can i miss my oldest daughter's high school graduation!?

wishing everyone a healthy peaceful happy weekend!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Polabowla I am sorry you are unwell. Take care of yourself!

@missy sorry that you have spend precious energy on finding the care you need. Frustrating!

@marcy you ain't kidding about the 4 seasons in a day. Our standing joke in this province is "if you don't like the weather, wait an hour"!

Way to windy today for a ride--so I walked to the market for exercise. Warm tho. I am waiting for my DH to come home so we can go to my favorite Mexican market for some chili rellenos. mmmmm

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy your ice cream looks delicious. I’ll be craving ice every day now while enjoying your pictures. It means summer is almost here. I am so sorry your gynecologist was cross with you and only has tunnel vision; sadly many doctors only only stick with their narrow field of expertise. I am feeling fine today. That spot where the dentist put in the big shot is still tender and if I chew on the right side I notice the teeth / gums are a bit sore. Glad it wasn’t as bad as expected.

@Austina I will try something warm next week after round 2; my dribbling was awful yesterday - the right side of my mouth simply didn’t work for a while. I totally plan on picking up my favorite flavor of ice cream to have on hand too. I completely understand the decision not to risk being denied entry coming in to the states when you are so close to getting your green cards. Hoping your interviews get set up soon. All it takes is one jerk who decides to make your life miserable. We had just got our passports and went in to Waterton Park in Canada for the day. As we were coming back in to the U.S. to Glacier Park the custom agent told us to pull over and get out of the pickup. They gave everything in the pickup an anal probe while we stood there watching. It all boiled down to neither one of us had signed our new passports. Yay for officially having your painting done.

@Polabowla I hope you feel up to attending your DD’s graduation and DS’s play. Big hugs to you and sending you mega dust your way.

@canuk-gal too funny - we have that same saying here as well. All humor is based on truth, eh? I hope you enjoyed your chili rellenos.

I was actually a bit bored at work today; I could have done assorted things but chose not to; I was working smarter not harder. Ha Ha. I saw a commercial that advertised it was strawberry season at a restaurant so I stopped there for supper. My dessert was a piece of strawberry pie but sadly there were only 4 strawberries on it. It wasn’t bad but certainly not pie like my mother would have made.

Tomorrow is Friday. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy FriYAY!

@marcy I am sorry it is still tender where the dentist gave you the needle and I am hoping it is all better today. Glad you worked smart and not hard yesterday and boring is OK at work especially some times. Woohoo to strawberries but sorry there weren't more strawberries on the pie. I am sure your mom's pie was amazing and there is no comparison. Glad it was still good enough to eat and enjoy. Happy FriYAY! Any weekend plans? Hugs.

@Austina so glad Colin's cardiologist appointment went well and his meds halved. Woohoo. Glad you did well with the second dose and no real side effects. I think you made the best decision you could under the circumstances but I am sorry you had to cancel the trip to Adam and Kim. Keep holding on to the knowledge you will soon be there with them for good. You are well on your way. yes it is always one step forward and one (or two) back when it comes to medical affairs. Here's hoping things start looking up soon. XOXO.

@Polabowla ugh I am so sorry you are not feeling well still and please try not to feel badly about missing certain events. You must take good care of yourself so you can be there for your loved ones for a long time. There will be other joyous occasions to celebrate. Maybe someone can video the events so you can enjoy them from the comfort of your home. Big gentle hugs to you.

@canuk-gal I hear you on windy. Our wind gusts are 35 mph today with sustained winds of 20-22 mph. And somehow Greg wants to go cycling LOL. His reasoning is that the winds are from the west so not as bad as if they were from the South or North. Hmmm I am not buying it. I think walking is more in order than cycling today. We shall see. Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE to cycle but those winds are out of control. Hope you enjoyed a delicious Mexican meal made with those chili rellenos you bought at the market with your DH. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 it's FriYAY! How's your mom's recovery going? Thinking of you and sending big hugs.

@Slick1 woohoo only 39 days left. Big hugs and keeping your family in my thoughts.

@mrs-b thank you so much for those kind and comforting words yesterday. You might not realize it but your support gave me the strength I needed to buck up and feel OK and strong. Thank you sweet friend. XOXO. Hope you are doing well and life is more sweet than anything.

@MamaBee how is your mom doing and how are you? Big hugs.

@MMtwo how are you? Hugs and more hugs. Hope the job is going well for you and your son.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is going well.

We had a good day yesterday despite not walking or cycling. We got a late start and ran errands in the afternoon and Greg had a 4PM CC so by the time we were done with our shopping it was 4PM and the day went so fast. Today probably walking. The winds are howling so I really cannot see my way clear to go cycling sorry to say. Even though Greg wants to and thinks we can. Men lol. I love his enthusiasm though. A lot. :bigsmile:

Have a wonderful FriYAY filled with YAY!

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 7.34.21 AM.png

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy FriYAY nirdis!!
Beautiful tulips @missy so sorry to hear about your medical insurance problems - those are the worst! I hope you are having a great day and enjoying the sunshine my friend! Mom is getting better each day.
Shout out to all and love and hugs to all!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!

@missy LOL I was on Oakgem this AM before I read this thread. You know me so well!

@Austina I am sorry you had to make that painful decision, but it is prolly for the best. Better to be safe than sorry.

Another blustery day rode and walked. Wind almost took my breath away! But warm @21C so that made me happy. Paths are very busy with folks.

Watched My Octopus Teacher last night and really enjoyed it. I think I cried a lot.

Hope everyone is safe and well.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy my teeth are fine today; even brushing last night wasn’t too noticeable. Thanks for asking. How are you doing? Beautiful flowers; I drove by our botanic gardens yesterday to see if they had tulips out yet but they did not. I hope you got to enjoy a walk or cycling today in spite of the wind.

@bling_dream19 that is awesome your mom is getting better each day.

@canuk-gal sorry it is so windy there; I hate when it takes your breathe away. Is that a movie you watched?

I had to dial in to work last night for a problem but it was a quick fix and much appreciated by one of our big customers.

We went out very early for breakfast then wandered around the store Jax for about an hour. I got laundry done, took care or some things I needed to get in the mail and finished a few other chores. I did test out our new deck furniture this afternoon. Very nice. Marty grilled us some steaks so we sat out there while they were cooking; it started raining on us though so we came inside to eat.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Hope everyone enjoyed a happy Caturday Saturday! And today is big dog Sunday so I will start with introducing you to my friends new puppy...presenting Archie. :kiss2:

archie.jpeg

and because I missed Caturday Saturday adding Oliver who is a love bug.

oliverlovebug.png

@marcy we did enjoy a wonderful cycling day yesterday despite the wind and today is going to be another good day albeit warmer. Like 80F warmer. LOL too warm too early but I know some like that. Hopefully there will be a cool breeze fingers crossed. Glad your teeth are all better. Flowers at the botanical gardens are always beautiful and hopefully you will be able to enjoy those soon. Everything here is blooming. Glad you got to go out for breakfast yesterday and do all your errands and chores. Steaks for dinner sound good but sorry you had to move the party inside when the rains started. Glad you were able to do a quick fix for one of your customers last night and glad he/she appreciated it. Hope you have a fun Sunday Marcy. Hugs.

@canuk-gal today is your kind of weather here. Warm and sunny. Hope your weather is behaving similarly today with no sign of blusteriness. Did we, umm I mean you, get anything at OakGem? 8) Hope you are having a fun weekend. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 hope your weekend is going well and your mom feeling good. Hugs.

@Slick1 hope you are enjoying the beautiful weather we are having. Hugs.

Hi to everyone else. We had a very good couple of days. Yesterday was a great cycling day despite windy conditions and it was nice with an ice cream break. Friday was too windy to ride so we enjoyed a nice hike and it was so quiet and beautiful with much wildlife all around. Deer everywhere. Heaven.

Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 6.33.21 AM.png
From our hike Friday.

Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 6.33.43 AM.png From our ride Saturday.

Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 6.33.33 AM.png And our just desserts. :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday with bright sunny skies and sweetness all day.
XOXO.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great photos as usual @missy . Too chilly to cycle today--did a few errands instead.

Got some unhappy news Friday--we need to make some home improvements and the estimate was DOUBLE what we expected. waaaawaaaawaaaaaaa:eek-2:

I need to relax and not think about stuff, because I have a busy work week.

NIRDI shout out!

cheers--Sharon

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies,
I have wanted to say hello. The new job is going much better, but it is very connected with coworkers in constant messaging. I self-isolate to recharge as a proper introvert does.
I'll rewind a few pages and see what you all have been up to. More in a bit :)

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@canuk-gal ugh im sorry it's so much more expensive how frustrating!
Adorable pup @ missy!
@MMtwo it's so important to recharge in peace & quiet with no ppl around.
I know when i can't, it really impacts me.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@missy that puppy is adorable. I am so glad you were able to go for some rides and the weather is warming up. I bet all the spring flowers are gorgeous there. Your ice cream looks delicious.

@canuk-gal I hate to hear your home improvements will cost double what you expected. Darn it was too chilly to cycle. I hope you were able to relax today.

@MMtwo that is great your new job is going much better. I found the conference calls seem to bring out the "talkers" during meetings. My mind will wander off then someone asks a question and THEN says "Marcy". Then I have to say - sorry I didn't quite hear what you asked me. Oops.

@Polabowla I hope you had a good weekend.

Not much going on with me today. I lifted this morning, spent too much time in the kitchen but have lunches and suppers now in the freezer. I watched movies most of the day. The thrill-o-meter was not active today.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Monday!

@marcy sorry your thrill o meter was low yesterday. I actually prefer that generally. LOL. Glad you lifted and froze future meals and enjoyed movies. We are rewatching Game of Thrones so we can watch the newer season we never got to watch while catching up on all we forgot.

@canuk-gal sorry the home improvement costs are double what you hoped they would be. Everything is so expensive. I hope you got to relax and unwind before this busy week. We too have a busy stressful (doctor visits) week and I keep repeating to myself one day at a time. One day at a time.

@Polabowla how are you feeling? Recharging is critical I agree. Hope all is going smoothly.

@MMtwo thanks for checking in and glad the new job is going well. I agree you must take good care of yourself and do what you need to in order to recharge and feel good. It can be draining dealing with people at times and I get it. Hope you got to relax and take it easy this weekend.

@MamaBee good morning. Hope everyone is doing well by you.

@Slick1 hope you enjoyed a beautiful weekend.

@bling_dream19 I cannot believe how fast the weekend went. Hope you and your sweet hubby had a good weekend and that your mom's recovery is going well.

Hi to everyone else. We got to cycle yesterday again and reached the 1K mark since starting cycling in April woohoo. Jimmy treated us to our ice cream yesterday in anticipation of Greg's cancer follow up this Thursday. Jimmy is a doll- he really is. Hoping we can cycle today. Rain is coming this afternoon so it all depends. Yesterday we started cycling in some drizzle but Greg put the canopy up to protect me (another gem of a guy) so I stayed mainly dry and then it cleared up and the rain stopped. Anyway hoping today's ride is mostly dry.

Here is our new double canopy Greg made. It is double the SPF material to protect me even better from the UV rays.

doublecanopy.png

And our Sunday ice cream. Yummm.

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 7.07.29 AM.png

Have a sweet Monday girls! XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s a Bank Holiday here today, so we’ve got the day off :lol:

I think we’re getting the tail end of your winds @canuk-gal, it’s howling here! :-o To the cost of your renovations being double than you expected. Are there are other people you can contact for quotes?

Glad the new job is going well @MMtwo, I’m sure it’s an adjustment and things will settle down soon.

Continuing to send nothing but good healing thoughts your way @Polabowla, please remember, you’re only human, and can’t do everything.

Glad the mouth settled down @marcy and sometimes it‘s good for the thrill-o-metre to register 0, helps you decompress after a busy week. Glad it was just a quick work call you had to deal with over the weekend.

:kiss2: Oh my gosh, what a beautiful pup @missy, makes me feel all gooey! Looks like you had great weather for your outing with the added bonus of delicious ice cream. Awww look at the cute little purry face. Our new neighbours have a white cat with a ginger stripey tails, and she keeps coming and looking in at us, we opened the door and in she trotted :lol:

We’ve had a quiet weekend, went out for walks and generally just had a lazy time. Had 4 more things collected and may have a few more things to list later this week.

Adam is very excited because he’s ordered a Tesla, and should get it in about 9 weeks :mrgreen:

Spent 4 hours talking to Shirley yesterday, she sounds like she’s doing pretty well, only started to repeat herself until the end.

Not much on the cards this week, although I’m sure things will crop up.

Sending big love and hugs to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
<sigh>

I seriously need icecream. @missy - does your vendor offer any sugar free / keto friendly icecreams? I hope so!

@canuk-gal - I feel for you re your higher-than-expected quote. We're getting our kitchen and laundry floor redone. We had them done last year and the finish didn't last at *all* - so now we have to redo. But we also have to move out as the fumes are hideous, and we also have to board the dogs for a couple of days, so, all up, the total expense will be double the quote of the job. Ugh! Hoping the cycling on the new bike is going well. :))

Thank you for all your kind messages about Eleanor's offer to berkeley. She ended up getting offers (this is a jr year transfer) to UC Berkeley, UC San Diego, UC Irvine and UC Davis and has accepted Berkeley. She already has accommodation with a friend from high school and has been spending the days mapping out her future path. It's all very exciting!

I'm looking forward to another jewelry delivery this week - tourmaline bead bracelet and rubellite oval in diamond halo. I'm pushing forward to finish *everything*, and have 2 pairs of earrings, a pendant, and a ring to go. Hoping to do them all over the next few months. I love jewelry, but I honestly just want it to be done at this point.

@MMtwo - I'm glad things are going well in your new job. I hope you manage to stay recharged! Constant connection for an introvert is draining.

@Polabowla - how are you feeling? Have they developed a treatment plan for you? Have they settled on MS as a diagnosis? (Please excuse me if I'm way off base here!) How are you feeling within yourself? My warmest thoughts are with you!

@bling_dream19 - or should I just refer to you as TJQ (The Jewelry Queen) these days?? I'm LOVING following your evolving collection! When do we get the 'Bling_dream19 capsule collection' thread?? I'd sign up for that one for sure! I'm glad to hear your mom is feeling somewhat better. How is her movement going? And how is your dad coping? Are you home or with your mom these days? Thinking of you all often. ox

@marcy - what movies did you watch? I LOVE movies, so that would actually be an awesome day for me! We watched The Courier with Benedict Cumberbatch last night - a true story about a civilian roped into working for MI6 during the cold war. Fascinating stuff and entirely engaging. Would recommend for anyone looking for something gripping. And well done re filling your freezer with ready-to-eat meals! You're more organized than me! :wavey:

@Austina - happy Bank Holiday! I hope you have a lovely day recharging your batteries. I wish I had your motivation re getting rid of things I don't use or need. I need to do a monster garage sale and am contemplating it for later in the year. We have soooo much stuff - a lot of it very nice and all of it useable. I need to re-home and sell and clear out! But on the other hand, what I lack in motivation I...er...lack. No up-side to this.

And @missy-AG: firstly, let me say - your photos never fail to inspire and uplift me! Between little fuzzy faces and beautiful nature shots and the ocean and your house...it's all just lovely and makes me glad to be alive! On the other hand, I am PISSED at your gyno! One day I'll tell you about my endocrinologist who utterly missed the fact that I had cancer - despite me telling her my symptoms which were textbook and wildly common for endometrial cancer. Instead she tried to put me on insulin (I'm not diabetic) with massive amounts of prednisone (I do have a heart condition and can't tolerate much more than 10mg of pred. ( - she tried to put me on 60mg...), her mistakes and rude comments...it goes on and on. Wendy, one of my best girlfriends, simply refers to her as Dr Cow. Anyway, suffice to say - I HEAR YOU. But hang on tight, dear girl, and continue to fight for YOU. And remember that we love you - truly, from the heart. And speaking of hearts - pls don't break mine by telling me that Jimmy's doesn't do sugar free icecream! Re Greg - when should you have a treatment plan? Sometimes I think drs forget how essential this is to their patients and how central to us having a sense of progress and safety. I hope they make this step in regards to Greg's care SOON. And - wooooot! - re the dishwasher! ox

Missy - also - Tim asked me to ask you what generator you put in recently. We want to put one into our house and I said you had a good one and that I'd ask. We're planning to do central air and a generator this year, which will be wonderful additions! We're having our kitchen and laundry floors redone - tomorrow (only got the call re this a couple of hours ago) - and then we want to have all the 'white' repainted throughout the whole house - doors, window sills, baseboard heaters, architraves, skirting boards, and so on. The joy of large dogs! After that, we're having our bedroom carpeted, the back door (with dog door) replaced and the carpeted part of the walkway from the bottom of the basement stairs through to the workshop replaced with wood - then that's it for this year. Next year - new fences! - and we're also doing a paved pergola area off our bedroom and having french doors put in. It will be our own little retreat. :))

@Slick1, @MamaBee, @springerspaniel and @junebug17 - thinking of you all also, and hoping life is going well for you all. :wavey:

Love to you all and big hugs! NIRDI shout out!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@mrs-b we have Generac. They are quality generators and I highly recommend them. As for sugar free Jimmy does not have that but Dave and Tom do so we have options no worries. We alternate where we have ice cream since we love all three guys and don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.Thanks again for the compassion and kindness and love. I am still sorting it out and a bit anxious to find someone who will understand how to RX what I need. I have a telemedicine call with my friend tonight but this isn't her forte so I am not sure how it will go. Good luck today having your kitchen and laundry room floors redone. I hope it turns out beautifully and just how you envision. Big hugs.

@Austina glad you enjoyed a nice conversation with Shirley yesterday. And sweet you enjoyed a peaceful weekend. Congrats to Adam on his Tesla. Very exciting. Hugs.

@marcy hope you had a good Monday XOXO.

@Slick1 hope the week is off to a good start. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 good morning lovely lady...enjoy a sweet day. XOXO.

@MMtwo hope you are enjoying a good week. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. We had a wonderful bike ride yesterday and ran into G the photographer and spent a long time chatting with him. He is fascinating and has so many amazing photos of wildlife including Fiona and her babies. On our way cycling back home we actually saw Fiona and her babies...so adorable!

I took so many photos and two videos. I am in LOVE.
(sorry the photos are grainy).

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 7.31.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 7.31.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 7.30.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 7.30.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 7.30.43 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 7.29.37 AM.png

The sun wasn't shining yesterday but Fiona and her pups made our day.:kiss2:
They were running around and frolicking and playing and it was joyous to see.

It's another dreary overcast day but going to try cycling today despite the rain threat. Then a telemedicine call this evening with my friend and tomorrow an endocrinology appointment for both Greg and me and Thursday follow up with Greg's surgeon to see if he needs radiation.

Have a good day girls and big hugs to each and everyone of you. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharing some of G's photos. He is talented and very patient. He hangs out there for so long each day to capture his amazing photos. I am in awe.

Fiona.
Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 7.37.21 AM.png

Her babies.
Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 7.36.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 7.36.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 7.36.16 AM.png

Precious is an understatement.
Hope you enjoy the photos courtesy of G!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy those young foxes are so cute. I have not watched any Game of Thrones episodes but I know it is very popular. I am anxious for Yellowstone to start up again next month. Woo hoo to reaching 1K already on your bike; I am over 1K on my car already too. Good luck to Greg on Thursday.

@Austina how exciting for Adam to order a Tesla. Glad Shirley generally sounded like she was doing good. I couldn’t talk to anyone that long but I have a sister who would sure try to keep me that long. I swear I could tell her my house was on fire and she’d keep giving me the Spanish Inquisition.

@mrs-b I watched The Courier too; it was good and I did go read up on the background story afterwards. We watched the new Clancy movie on Prime called Without Remorse. I found the first Wonder Woman movie (before WW84) and watched it again; I had seen it before but didn’t remember much of it and of course when I ran across a Minions movie I had to stop and watch it. That stinks you have to have the floor done again; really poor that happened. Nice to be getting some more jewelry. My next purchase is that new iPad Pro once I can order it.

We’ve had rain for several days. We even had our first hail storm this afternoon; luckily it was small hail. Marty is in Virginia and didn’t do his time conversion very well and woke me up at 4:14 yesterday morning. I am more tired today than yesterday from my short night.

Work continues to be too busy. I took tomorrow off for part 2 of my dental procedure but am going to work from home instead. My senior manager is out on bereavement leave and there are a few things I do when he is off work and I hate to have him worry about it. I pretty much told my boss no one wants to see my after they work on my mouth so I’m working at home. I have cottage cheese and will make mashed potatoes for supper tomorrow - I’m thinking ahead.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Honestly @mrs-b, it’s necessity making us do it. Anything we know we won’t have room for haven’t used has gone, or will be going when we’re ready to go, there’s just no point in us paying to ship it. It has been a good exercise in only having things we absolutely need. Once we started, it was easy to just keep going.

I hope it all goes well at the dentist today @marcy, and isn’t too torturous.
I bet you were pleased when Marty rang that early! Ugh to work being really busy, although I suppose it makes the time go faster.

:kiss2: Fiona and her pups are absolutely beautiful @missy, and look to be doing well. I hope everything goes well for you both at the Endo today, and you get good news. Did your call with your friend help at all?

We went out to the glass company who’ve replaced some of our double glazed seal units yesterday, we were waiting on a quote, and I also wanted to order a new top for my bedside chest. I can‘t remember if I mentioned that I dropped my phone on it and shattered it :-o Anyway, they can order me a new piece of mirrored glass, so I’ve got to get the top off before the new piece arrives. I’ve also ordered a sheet of plain glass to go on top.

We’re going out shopping later, it’ll be nice to browse instead of running in and out as quickly as possible :lol:

Have a lovely day NIRDIS :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results