shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo! Finally, Greg's biopsy came back last and it is negative! What a relief. It took 17 days when the doctor originally said about a week. We are so relieved. That's all. I will be back later.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello! Wow, 853 pages! I remember when this thread started. I’m in the middle of a ring project and I find myself thinking about Pricescope. It’s so nice to see you’re still here. ❤️

Hi @Tourmaline, nice to see you and hope all is going well for you. ❤️

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:dance:Great news @missy, I’ll also bbl :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy FriYAY!

@marcy how is the rest of the week going for you? How is your BIL doing? Weekend plans?

@MamaBee sorry it took so much longer than usual to get to MD but glad you are there safe and sound. HB to David.

@bling_dream19 any weekend plans? Here's hoping for lots of yay in this Friyay.

@canuk-gal I hear you. I wish we could get coupons for bling haha. I love scoring sweet deals. Glad the bike service was an easy fix and yes be careful. I keep reminding myself to do the same. And yeah I get windburn so my face turns pink and am careful to apply sunscreen on my face because some of the meds I am on have a side effect of easier to burn from the sun. Hope you have a fun weekend planned.

@Austina you are getting closer to coming here with each day. I am so excited for you. I cannot wait for you to be in America and neighbors with your son and DIL. I know the whole family is super excited and we are lucky to be getting such wonderful additions to our country.

@Tourmaline what is new with you? How are you doing? Since you mentioned ring please...any new bling to share? :bigsmile:

@Slick1 hope the rest of the week is going well and I have one more dress coming in today. Cannot wait. Oh and I got the blue zircon earrings. I will share a photo below.

@mrs-b your kind words touched my heart and I feel the same about you. I didn't want to thread jack your thread by replying to your heartfelt and loving comments so I am writing here to you. I value you and our friendship. You are a pure and wonderful soul. And I am lucky you are in my life.

@Polabowla how are you sweet lady and how is the family? Sending good thoughts and continued healing vibes your way.

@sarahb hope you have a wonderful weekend and lots of joy and fun.

@springerspaniel looks like we are heading to my parents May 8th and I am bringing my nieces the bling then so they are going to get the jewelry before July woohoo. Hope you have a good weekend planned and all is going smoothly.

@MMtwo how are you? I have been thinking of you and hoping work is going well and your son is continuing to enjoy his job.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.

Greg and I had a very productive day yesterday. As you know we walked/jogged 6 miles and boy let me tell you I feel like a Mack truck hit me today. Wow. And then after I did weights when we got back we went to Costco where I decided let's get the Shingrix vaccine. Oh boy, well, today part of me feeling like a Mack truck hit me is from jogging (my body isn't used to that) and the vaccine. LOL which is which. I did take Tylenol which for me is a no no generally and I cannot remember the last time I took it but thanks to @MamaBee for encouraging me to take it because it does help a bit. I feel like I am 100 years old :lol: And we have to do dose 2 of the Shingrix in 2-6 months. From what I understand the second dose is worse. Anyway had to be done as both Greg and I had shingles in the past and do not want to repeat that if at all possible.

Today I am going to suck it up and get out there walking. Despite the pain. No pain, no gain, right? 8)

Leaving you with a photo of my new blue zircon earrings. Will take about 5 business days to get here since they are coming via the UK and via DHL. A photo of them on the vendor.

bluezirconearrings.png

And I am so relieved as I already wrote in my first post here this AM that Greg's biopsy is negative. It took a whopping 17 days for the results. The oncology derm said it would be about a week. You can imagine how I was feeling but I did push the thought from my head and hoped for the best. And whew. It's a huge relief.

I never shared this here before but Greg's former college roommate has stage 4 melanoma and Greg is in contact with him. They were college roommates for three out of the four years there were there. It is a bitter pill to swallow seeing a friend in stage 4 melanoma. Cancer is a f*** nightmare and I know too many of us have seen it close up and personal.

Sending all of you healing vibes and well wishes and lots of love. Be safe and stay well and all my hugs and love to each and everyone of you.

Leaving you with this photo from yesterday AM...Greg is in the foreground.

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 7.33.03 AM.png

Have a FriYAY with more yay than anything. ((((Hugs)))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo! Finally, Greg's biopsy came back last and it is negative! What a relief. It took 17 days when the doctor originally said about a week. We are so relieved. That's all. I will be back later.

Great news! What a relief for you guys!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@missy I am so glad Greg's biopsy was negative! My husband has two old friends who have cancer now, and it's so scary. Love to you and Greg.

I have a VERY exciting project going on, but it's going to take a while. I did something I've never done before and put something on layaway. My husband is letting me do it, but he says I have to raise all of the funds with things I can come up with to sell, so I'm going through all of my various collections to see if there's stuff I can part with. I've raised most of it already! We went into the city the other day and I sold gold and silver medallions that my grandfather had collected and hoarded. I think it was his intended purpose that I (the only grandchild) could cash them in if I needed to. I don't suppose he imagined me buying jewelry with them, but who knows? I still have a ways to go, but I have 90 days to do it!

I adore my antique cluster ring, but I miss having a solitaire. I'm getting an OEC! I am proud of the fact that I have taken my time deciding which way to go, and I am going with a true antique that has the exact look I want (warm, small table, high crown, nice proportions for light return, visual symmetry). I was considering some slightly wonky ones that were much cheaper, but I am going with the one that makes my heart sing. I'm so excited!!!

I thought of you @missy when I was in the city. Adam showed me a couple of diamonds. Since I was in the building, I also went to see another vendor on a higher floor (my ears were popping on the elevator) who had a stone I had seen on eBay and Etsy. It is a beautiful stone with wonderful architecture, but the lower girdle facets are 70%, so the (lovely) petals under the table are a bit thinner than I wanted. I could post that diamond for people in case anyone is looking, because it's very nice. I also looked at another one with incredible finger coverage and nice patterning, but it was too shallow for nice light return. My day in the city was illuminating, because it showed me that everything I had studied about my cut preferences was very real.

Now I am figuring out which way to go with a solitaire. :)

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy FriYAY!!!
@missy I am so thrilled beyond belief the news about Greg!
And I LOVE your earrings!!! They will be beautiful on you :kiss2: I can't wait for you to get them! I just love your nature walks, Costco runs and beach life! xoxo always thinking about you and wishing we could grab a coffee and icecream :bigsmile:
Thank you for all of the warm wishes and prayers everyone! Update: mom has a long painful recovery road but she's on it and I hope one day very soon she will be out of pain. I'm grateful for each day and how my life is changing too. I'm out of the loop a bit but each of you are in my thoughts and prayers.
@marcy I'm loving your new car and thinking about you zipping around town! We need the steering wheel bling shot!
@Austina you hair looks gorgeous! You've inspired me and I've gotten rid of 2 large trash bags of clothes.
@MamaBee Really great news about your heart! I am thrilled for you. And I'm really happy your mom is happy in her new home and she is healing.
@mrs-b I'm loving my new eternity and marveling at the setting! Thinking about you everyday and hoping your new pieces are bringing you healing joy!
Love and hugs to all xo :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy FriYAY!!!
@missy I am so thrilled beyond belief the news about Greg!
And I LOVE your earrings!!! They will be beautiful on you :kiss2: I can't wait for you to get them! I just love your nature walks, Costco runs and beach life! xoxo always thinking about you and wishing we could grab a coffee and icecream :bigsmile:
Thank you for all of the warm wishes and prayers everyone! Update: mom has a long painful recovery road but she's on it and I hope one day very soon she will be out of pain. I'm grateful for each day and how my life is changing too. I'm out of the loop a bit but each of you are in my thoughts and prayers.
@marcy I'm loving your new car and thinking about you zipping around town! We need the steering wheel bling shot!
@Austina you hair looks gorgeous! You've inspired me and I've gotten rid of 2 large trash bags of clothes.
@MamaBee Really great news about your heart! I am thrilled for you. And I'm really happy your mom is happy in her new home and she is healing.
@mrs-b I'm loving my new eternity and marveling at the setting! Thinking about you everyday and hoping your new pieces are bringing you healing joy!
Love and hugs to all xo :wavey:

@bling_dream19 Thank you! I feel like I have a new lease on life..My mom is also doing well...I’m going to try to take her out on a day pass next Saturday. She’s very anxious to be back at the house even for a few hours...She misses Bailey too. They have great food there but she wants me to make one of her favorites...She’s still deciding...haha
I don’t know what happened to your mom..but I hope she heals fast and doesn’t have pain.

Last edited:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@missy That is such incredible news about Greg! I am sooo happy for you!

@bling_dream19 sending healing vibes to your mother!
@MamaBee you must be so relieved that your mother is doing better!

I am still really weak from covid, i see the kids are not fully back to themselves either.

Dd got her prom dress & looks so grown up. The fact that she is graduating soon is really making me wistful & a bit sad. I will miss her so much when she is out of the house in her own place

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy That is such incredible news about Greg! I am sooo happy for you!

@bling_dream19 sending healing vibes to your mother!
@MamaBee you must be so relieved that your mother is doing better!

I am still really weak from covid, i see the kids are not fully back to themselves either.

Dd got her prom dress & looks so grown up. The fact that she is graduating soon is really making me wistful & a bit sad. I will miss her so much when she is out of the house in her own place

@Polabowla I was so out of the loop I didn’t realize you had covid. I hope you and your children feel better soon...
I went through feeling sad when my children were becoming adults right before my eyes. When they are adults it’s lots of fun because you see each other in a different light. It’s an adjustment but wonderful in many ways.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Have had a couple of busy days!

I’m sorry to hear your Mum is still in pain @bling_dream19, but I’m sure she’ll battle through it and make a good recovery. It’s lovely to hear how much you’re enjoying your new bling, but then, what’s not to love?!

Ugh, sorry to hear you’re still struggling with your recovery @Polabowla, sending lot of healing vibes to you and your family for a complete return to better health. Kids have a habit of growing up fast and leaving home, but that’s a good thing, it means you’ve done a good job in making them ready to start the next phase of their life.

I wonder if there are any people who have Pet Therapy dogs where your Mum is @MamaBee? I’m sure they’ve not been able to go in to care facilities during the pandemic, and probably not for a while, but it’s a lovely scheme and certainly helps residents who miss having a pet. One of my friends used to take a her Spinone to a care home, and her calm gentle nature was a huge hit there. I’m so happy to hear that you’re feeling less stressed with things. Say happy birthday to David from me too please.

I hope you’ve had a good week at work @marcy, and a stress free weekend ahead.

Glad your bike was a quick and easy fix @canuk-gal, will it be cycling weather this weekend? We’re due for a mini heatwave, well they’re saying heatwave, but I don’t consider 17 deg C to be quite that.

I’m so please about Greg’s results @missy, I know you’re mightily relieved. Sounds like a hectic day yesterday, and you’re making me feel tired talking about jogging. Fortunately I have a good excuse not to ever undertake such a strenuous exercise :lol: I hope the effects of the Shingrix don’t last too long and you and Greg are feeling back to normal soon. The earrings are such a pretty colour, and zircon is a tremendously underrated stone.

Hi @Tourmaline, you may have recognised Bella as previously been Missy’s Bea. I‘m looking forward to seeing your OEC.

We had a trip to the dump yesterday, then to the paper shredder, after that a drop off to the charity shop, then back to wait for the shopping to arrive. In the afternoon, we cleared out the last few things from Adam’s room. Then we had a pick up of Adam’s china, so it was all go.

This morning we prepared the sitting room to have the ceiling painted on Monday. I took down the curtains, pictures and mirrors, removed the ornaments and then we covered everything with dust sheets. After that, we cleaned up the utility room, then we took a special bottle of whisky to the owner of the kitchen company. I don’t know what we’d have done if he hadn’t helped, and organised the electrician and his people to fix the problem, and he didn’t charge us for his people coming out.

Tomorrow morning we’ve got an electrician to come and change all the bathroom extractor fans and the smoke detectors. The current ones are 20 years old and have discoloured, so although it’s not something that‘ll put people off buying the house, new ones will make the place look better.

I’ve got people coming to collect 4 more items that I listed today, and then I’m taking Colin to get his 2nd jab at 5pm.

Phew, I’m making myself feel tired now :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello lovelies

Have had a couple of busy days!

I’m sorry to hear your Mum is still in pain @bling_dream19, but I’m sure she’ll battle through it and make a good recovery. It’s lovely to hear how much you’re enjoying your new bling, but then, what’s not to love?!

Ugh, sorry to hear you’re still struggling with your recovery @Polabowla, sending lot of healing vibes to you and your family for a complete return to better health. Kids have a habit of growing up fast and leaving home, but that’s a good thing, it means you’ve done a good job in making them ready to start the next phase of their life.

I wonder if there are any people who have Pet Therapy dogs where your Mum is @MamaBee? I’m sure they’ve not been able to go in to care facilities during the pandemic, and probably not for a while, but it’s a lovely scheme and certainly helps residents who miss having a pet. One of my friends used to take a her Spinone to a care home, and her calm gentle nature was a huge hit there. I’m so happy to hear that you’re feeling less stressed with things. Say happy birthday to David from me too please.

I hope you’ve had a good week at work @marcy, and a stress free weekend ahead.

Glad your bike was a quick and easy fix @canuk-gal, will it be cycling weather this weekend? We’re due for a mini heatwave, well they’re saying heatwave, but I don’t consider 17 deg C to be quite that.

I’m so please about Greg’s results @missy, I know you’re mightily relieved. Sounds like a hectic day yesterday, and you’re making me feel tired talking about jogging. Fortunately I have a good excuse not to ever undertake such a strenuous exercise :lol: I hope the effects of the Shingrix don’t last too long and you and Greg are feeling back to normal soon. The earrings are such a pretty colour, and zircon is a tremendously underrated stone.

Hi @Tourmaline, you may have recognised Bella as previously been Missy’s Bea. I‘m looking forward to seeing your OEC.

We had a trip to the dump yesterday, then to the paper shredder, after that a drop off to the charity shop, then back to wait for the shopping to arrive. In the afternoon, we cleared out the last few things from Adam’s room. Then we had a pick up of Adam’s china, so it was all go.

This morning we prepared the sitting room to have the ceiling painted on Monday. I took down the curtains, pictures and mirrors, removed the ornaments and then we covered everything with dust sheets. After that, we cleaned up the utility room, then we took a special bottle of whisky to the owner of the kitchen company. I don’t know what we’d have done if he hadn’t helped, and organised the electrician and his people to fix the problem, and he didn’t charge us for his people coming out.

Tomorrow morning we’ve got an electrician to come and change all the bathroom extractor fans and the smoke detectors. The current ones are 20 years old and have discoloured, so although it’s not something that‘ll put people off buying the house, new ones will make the place look better.

I’ve got people coming to collect 4 more items that I listed today, and then I’m taking Colin to get his 2nd jab at 5pm.

Phew, I’m making myself feel tired now :lol:

@Austina You have endless energy! I feel like a slug next to you! :lol: You’ve inspired me to donate. I just load up the back of the cargo area of my car and drive it over. David loves to take rides in the car so it‘s a win/win..I’ve been dropping off antique furniture. They see me coming and they run out! Haha I have so much to donate it’s a little overwhelming. I have to do it myself because my husband is a neat hoarder...He keeps everything..I donated all his school books years ago. He didn’t want me to donate them when I asked. One day I just wrapped everything up and dropped them off. He never missed them. I wish I could get rid of the rugs but they are too heavy for me to carry...@marcy I need help! Haha
They are very protective at my mom’s nursing home. They are loosening up a little though..They test everyone often. My mom is use to it now. She said one care worker that she sees every day won’t get vaccinated. The home can’t legally make them..They do require her to wear a mask and shield when she is with patients. My mom would love visits from therapy dogs.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

FriYAY! NIRDI shout out!

@missy good news for you guys! Your day did make me feel exhausted also lol. Hope you are back to feeling yourself soon.

@Austina you guys are busy bees! Ya, I don't consider 17C a heatwave either LOL It is 17C today and I did use sunscreen for our ride today. Red noses are very unflattering.

We cycled our "usual" route as most of the snow/ice is gone. One patch only, I walked my bike through, otherwise clear sailing. Paths were busy.

Got some fresh halibut and made a pesto sauce. Looking forward to supper!

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We’re off to see my son, daughter-in-law...and boys! I made rainbow cupcakes, buttercream frosting which I have to re-whip and frost, and brownies for David..Scott said he thought I could hold the baby who is now 25 Lbs..I don’t think my daughter-in-law is comfortable with it yet...so I told him to talk it over...As long as I see everyone I will be happy. I haven’t seen them in three months..We visit outside with masks. We’ll do the same even though my husband, David, and I are fully vaccinated. Scott got his first Moderna shot two days ago..My daughter in law will get her first one on Tuesday. I think they are just very careful with the boys which I definitely understand. I also have my DIL’s birthday present from January. They came down with a cold or something at that time..so out of an abundance of caution we didn’t go.
Have a wonderful Saturday! ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Caturday Saturday!

@canuk-gal it was exhausting lol and I am not quite back to "normal". Remind me why I thought it a good idea to jog? LOLOL. I haven't given up (though perhaps I should!) and once my aches and pains have abated I will try again, albeit more slowly.

Yay for cycling and for the snow all gone (for the most part) and double yay for halibut in pesto sauce. YUmmmmmm. Hope you have a terrific weekend. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 I continue to keep your momma and you in my thoughts and prayers. I have an idea of how challenging life is for your mom right now. And I am sending so much good energy her way. Hope your weekend is fun and happy and hugs to you, your DH and your sweet momma.

@Polabowla I am sorry you are still dealing with this and feeling weak but glad you are continuing to recover and moving in the right direction. It's a long haul indeed. OMG your DD is graduating. The time goes super fast and I know she will look gorgeous in her prom dress. You must be so proud. All my best to you and your family. XOXO.

@Austina LOL your schedule is making me tired so we are even haha. Good luck with the continued work around the house and may all of it continue to go smoothly. My arm is still sore from the Shingrix vaccine but nothing like my body aches from my jogging attempts the other day :lol: And we are gluttons for punishment because today is a walking/hiking/jogging??? day as it is too chilly and windy for cycling. Thanks for the lovely words re my earrings. Hoping they are pretty in person.

Hope Colin's second dose went well. XOXO.

@marcy happy weekend. Hugs.

@MamaBee thanks for keeping me company in traffic yesterday. And you know how I feel about Ashlee and her original setting. Not clunky and not funky but bold and beautiful but I also know whatever the new setting is will be gorgeous too. Hugs and continued healing dust to your mom. And I always knew your heart is beautiful and strong. :)

Enjoy the birthday party and yum to homemade cupcakes. HB David! XOXO.

@Slick1 happy weekend sweet lady. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. We went to Brooklyn yesterday to pick up our mail and also gifts for everyone that were from last year and this year. Seeing my family in May at my mom's house so now we are prepared.
Today is a hiking day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Caturday Saturday. XOXO.

Leaving you with a photo during our trip yesterday to Brooklyn.

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 7.38.20 AM.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy--what a broody sky! Today is 20C and bright sunshine, but tomorrow is like the end of the world. 0 as a high, and heavy snow. Uh huh.:roll: So we did enjoy a long ride 18K and then I thought I'd walk to the market, but thought the better of it. Drove to get the wine, and walked around the block instead. Had I walked home with all that booze, someone would have found me in the hedgerow!

@MamaBee Happy Birthday party and family gathering!

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!! Keep safe and well!!

cheers--Sharon

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hallo NIRDIs! :wavey:

Had a bit of a scare over the last 24 hours. Yesterday afternoon, I started having flashes of light in my right eye. They grew more and more frequent last night, then were happening again this morning. Standing at the sink, I suddenly saw a large black floater in my vision. it was like opening flood gates. One turned into two, then four, then 10.... I texted @missy immediately, and she said to call my ophthalmologist, and he squeezed me in for an emergency appt in case it was a detached retina. Turns out, it was just posterior vitreous detachment - not pleasant, but not dangerous and part of aging. It *should* settle down over the coming weeks, and hopefully this 'insect' which feels as tho it's swinging around in front of my right eye will take itself off! Thank you so much for your help, Missy - it really helped! (Also - I don't have glaucoma - my pressure actually being slightly lower than normal - so - yay!)

My colonoscopy and gastroscopy scheduled for mid May has been pushed back to early June, as I seem to be still having weirdo symptoms. I also need to have a CT scan for my liver, but all in due course. The Humira seems to be working a bit - not perfect, but definitely some improvement, and I'm hugely grateful.

Tim and I have both had both covid shots, and neither of us got sick, tho both had sore arms. We're very pleased to have had this done. Now if only Australia could get their act together, we could go home for a vacation, which we would LOVE.

The last week or two has seen the arrival of a few new jewelry pieces: my completed enamel charm bracelet, a dedicated charm bracelet for my 'all clear' diagnosis pearl charm, given to me as a gift after cancer, a beautiful pair of blue pearl drops that dangle from my OEC studs (which were also re-set to accommodate them), and my re-furbished wedding ring, which Tim bought me after it became apparent I was allergic to mine. Threads are in SMTB for anyone who might be interested and hasn't already seen them.

Last bit of good news - Eleanor, my goddaughter currently living with me - applied for a college transfer. Previously enrolled at UC Riverside, she applied for UCLA, UC Irvine, UC San Diego and UC Santa Barbara (listed in order of preference) - and was accepted into her second choice, UC Irvine! We're SO proud of her and Irvine is a truly wonderful school, having been ranked in the top 10 public colleges for the last 6 years in a row. So that's awesome! David, Eleanor's father, in the meantime, has just submitted the paperwork refinancing his house. :shock:

I've been largely MIA recently, as you know, but not *so* 'missing' as to have lost touch with the major topics going on for the NIRDIs!

@missy - BENIGN!! That's AWESOME! Please tell Greg I gave a *serious* WOOOOOOT! when I read your post yesterday! How does he feel? Has he had a significant drop in stress? Have *you*? And where are you up to with your own health issues? I know the next steps for you are tough. I think of you every day, sending you warm thoughts and speaking out into the void that I'm holding you in my heart and my thoughts. And congratulations on your niece's place on the honor roll! Well done to her! Also - love the new dresses! And the little fox is precious. Most of all - hugs to you, my friend!

@bling_dream19. Hmmmm - re your mom. That sounds...ok...but not ideal. Is she still having PT? Please send her my best and let her know I'm still praying. And as for your ever-growing collection...oh my WORD!! Your zircon pendant is genuinely inspirational! That color...!! :lickout: But...(and this will sound rather self serving, I'm sorry)...my favorite piece of yours is actually your pear pendant! You did SUCH a lovely job on that, and the size and length are perfecto! I watch in awe as you mow us all down from behind!

@canuk-gal - your new bike fell over?? I won't ask! :mrgreen: I hope you're enjoying it, and some beautiful spring weather, since tomorrow is going to be...wait...WHAT?? ZERO??? Good lord - what are you people doing up there?! Better than your -9 temp on Monday night, tho! It snowed here yesterday, which was hideous, but was a little more mild today and will be75 on Tuesday, apparently. I'm just hoping all my pot plants make it through this last cold burst and back into *real* spring this time!

@Austina, you are a dynamo amongst women! (Seriously!) I don't believe the age you told us you were - you are obviously 25. Any advance on the Texas house? Can you pls remind me of your time frame again till completion? I'm so glad your son and his wife have had their vaccines - I'm sure they'll be very pleased when both shots are on board. Hopefully you might see them...soon...ish? And in the meantime - good boy, Bertie! :))

@marcy - congratulations on your new patio furniture! Sitting and rocking - is there anything better?? I've wanted to ask you - how often do you lift and how did you get into it? I used to do weights at the gym, but only as part of a choreographed group workout. I'd love to pick it up again, as I think it's 'The Answer' when it comes to aging! I'd love to be a ripped old lady! (Never gonna happen, so I'll have to live vicariously through you!). I hope work is going well and all is right in your world.

@Polabowla - how are you feeling? And how long ago did you contract covid? You've had such a rough go of it lately - you have my full sympathies; I know what a rocky road feels like. Any chance of photos of your daughter's prom dress? I hope she has a wonderful time. Do you know where she's planning to go after graduation? Is there any chance she will remain close by? I'm sorry you feel sad, but I'm sending you warm thoughts. ox

@Slick1 - how are you doing? I hope all is well in your world. Hugs to you!

@MamaBee - great news right across the board! Honestly - your good news re your health shines through in your posts - you sound SO much happier and I'm so pleased for you. I'm also relieved to hear the oozing from your mother's legs has stopped! Goodness me, that sounded worrisome! And - a big weekend for you, apparently! I hope you have a wonderful time seeing your precious family. Any decisions re Ashlee? Happy birthday to David - and enjoy your cupcakes! And well done on the de-cluttering! You and Austina are putting us all to shame!

@Tourmaline - welcome back! It's lovely to see you and to read of your new project. Layaway can be oh-so-useful! I can't wait to see your new purchase. :))

@junebug17 - how are things with you? Hoping spring is sprung where you are and you're getting some lovely weather!

Love and hugs to everyone else; it's good to be back in the land of the NIRDIs.

NIRDI SHOUT OUT!

(...just call me Bug Eye...)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
(...just call me Bug Eye...)

Dear Bug Eye, methinks your eye floaties are the result of too much bare eyed bling gazing. Perhaps wearing dark sunglasses while gazing at copious amounts of bling would give the peepers a wee break. I named my floater Ethel. I don't know why.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Bug Eye, methinks your eye floaties are the result of too much bare eyed bling gazing. Perhaps wearing dark sunglasses while gazing at copious amounts of bling would give the peepers a wee break. I named my floater Ethel. I don't know why.

Dear Owner-of-Ethel,

Having reached deep into the recesses of my being, I feeleth that bling gazing doth behoove one. This one, in fact. And it behooveth me a BUNCH.

Perhaps Ethel and Sauron - the venerable title bequeathed by my own self - should whoop it up together sometime, being, as one might say, two peas in a pod, or two blurts in an eye. Or some such nonsensicalness.

To which folly I have attached a photo, taken at the inn of our consumption (ie our local diner) where we celebrated with much merriment on the occasion of my recovery.

Check out the comparison....

20210417_132340.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - BENIGN!! That's AWESOME! Please tell Greg I gave a *serious* WOOOOOOT! when I read your post yesterday! How does he feel? Has he had a significant drop in stress? Have *you*? And where are you up to with your own health issues? I know the next steps for you are tough. I think of you every day, sending you warm thoughts and speaking out into the void that I'm holding you in my heart and my thoughts. And congratulations on your niece's place on the honor roll! Well done to her! Also - love the new dresses! And the little fox is precious. Most of all - hugs to you, my friend!

Missy - I was laying in bed when it suddenly hit me - NOT 'benign' - CLEAR - which is much better! Please forgive my mistake. ox

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sauron - the venerable title bequeathed by my own self

Egads, that doth seemst as tho thou art part reptile. Mayhap thou hast a portal to another dimension in thine eye. There is a newfangled contraption callest Photoshop which thou canst avail thouself of so as not to frighten the already loose wits of this she-who-shall-not-be-named old broad.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Sunday!

@canuk-gal woohoo for a nice long sunny bike ride. Sweet. Today hoping we get to ride too. Yesterday was a walking day.

@mrs-b It was my pleasure to be of help and I bet that was the first time you had a telephone consult for your eyes that resulted in the exact correct diagnosis without even examining your retina haha. I am very relieved my diagnosis was correct. A PVD is very common and nothing to worry about as long as the vitreous totally detached from the retina which yours did. It was 100% necessary to go in and see the retinal specialist to make sure that is what happened because as you now know retinal detachments have similar symptoms. So while I am sorry you had to see the ophthalmologist to get dilated and evaluated yesterday it was the only way to know for sure you were just experiencing a PVD. Glad you are A OK. :appl:

@MamaBee how did David's birthday go? Hope the cupcakes were enjoyed by all.

@Slick1 hope your weekend is going well. We have lovely weather and today is going to be sunnier yay.

@bling_dream19 hoping your mom is doing well and you are enjoying a nice weekend.

@marcy hope you are enjoying a sweet weekend without too many chores getting in the way.

@rainwood Gracie sends all her meowy purry love to you and is looking forward to seeing you after the pandemic so she can give you her sassy love in person.

Hi @Matata

Hi to everyone else. Greg and I enjoyed a nice long walk yesterday and my body aches are getting a bit less. LOL I am not sure I was made for jogging what can I say. When I was younger yes but now not so much. My Shingrix arm is almost back to normal and Greg is good too. It made him very tired for a day or so which for him is unusual as he doesn't normally react to vaccines very much.

We saw deer on our walk and it was a cold brisk day so the park was empty. It was nice.
Today we are cycling hopefully.

From a video I took of the deer eating yesterday. He wasn't scared of us at all. We were a few feet away when he was right there looking at us. I will never cease to be amazed at their beauty. No matter how many deer I see I am always in awe. :love:

deereating.png

deereatinginpark.png

Have a sunny wonderful Sunday girls. XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunyay Lovelies

I hope you had a lovely day visiting your son, DIL and the grandchildren @MamaBee. Did David enjoy his holiday and the cupcakes? How’s the decluttering going? :mrgreen:

Oh my goodness @mrs-b how scary. What a relief that Missy was able to advise you and put your mind at rest. I’m glad to hear the Humira is bringing some relief, although I’d rather it was doing a better job for you. Oy to medical appts getting pushed back, but one thing at a time, and great news that you’ve both had your jabs now. Apparently ‘We‘ sent some 700,000 doses of vaccine to Australia under the noses of the EU, so hopefully it’ll help with their vax roll out. Congratulations to Eleanor on getting in to college, am I understanding it correctly that her father is refinancing the house to pay for it? :shock:

I hope you enjoyed the decent weather yesterday @canuk-gal, 0 degs doesn’t sound very springlike. How’s the work situation, did you manage to sort out less hours?

I hope you’re starting to feel a little better @Polabowla, sending continued good thoughts your way.

Deers are so delicate looking @missy, but when you see 2 males rutting, you realise how strong they are. Glad your’e feeling less achey and are out and about enjoying the beautiful spring weather.

The electrician arrived on time yesterday and got on with changing all the extractor fans and smoke detectors, and also changed some of the sockets and light switches. We’d changed most of them when we moved here for slimline brushed steel, and when we had the kitchen refitted, the kitchen people wanted their electrician to only use new, so the ones that we’d already had fitted were spare.

Had a busy day with people coming to pick things up, we decided to get rid of the chaise that was at the bottom of the bed, and a young couple wanted it, and were really thrilled with it :lol: The bedroom looks huge without it now.

We watched Prince Phillip’s funeral, so sad to see the Queen looking so frail and alone, but what a fitting tribute it was to him.

I took Colin for his jab at 5pm, and so far, he’s had no reaction at all. Unfortunately, they told him that they won’t be getting any supplies of Pfizer next week, so hopefully the following week I’ll get mine. He did ask if they had any spares, and they took our number incase they had any left over later that evening, but no call :cry:

Added to that BA cancelled our flight to Austin in June yesterday :evil: I think 18 months is long enough not being able to visit, so Colin has had to book us a circuitous route to get there:roll:

Got Ben coming first thing to paint the sitting room ceiling, and if he’s got time, the kitchen ceiling. We did repaint that about 2 years ago after the shower incident :lol:

The new vents were smaller than the old ones, so I’ve been round touching up the paint, and now Just getting all the laundry done and out of the way.

Have a great Sunday lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yup the snow came as predicted. Change in 20 degrees from yesterday!:(2:rolleyes: Oh well, we can use the moisture--as there have been grass fires here already.

Just saw two coyotes frolicking in the yard--looking for mice methinks.

NIRDI shout out!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy that is great news about Greg’s biopsy. What a relief! Your pictures are amazing as always. That fox looks pretty good to me; around here they are pretty scroungy looking. That finally jeopardy question was “As Huygens observed in 1656, a weapon in this constellation contains a nebula, one of the few that can be seen with the naked eye”. That is great your niece is so athletic and does great running; I am sure some college would love to snatch her up and give her a scholarship. Woo hoo to your niece being inducted in to the National JH Society and nice you got to watch it live. My BIL saw his cardiologist again and was pleased to hear his heart was back in rhythm, his stint is working fine and they don’t see any other issues with his heart. He is having tests on his legs for circulation next. Sorry the shingles vaccine hit your so hard; I hope you are feeling better. Great zircon earrings. Yay for a trip in to Brooklyn.

@MamaBee I hope the birthday party goes well and yes you will be spending a lot of time in the kitchen for David’s birthing dinner. Sounds delicious though. I am so delighted to hear your mother is adapting so well and is socializing. I bet you do feel great and relieved being discharged from the cardiologist and can do what you want. Sweet. Nice to get to visit your son and his family. Happy Birthday to David! Rugs are heavy and yes I’ve been able to pick up and move our area rugs since I’ve been lifting - which is good because I’m a spiller and now I don’t have to involve Marty is that adventure.

@Austina I was so sad with and for the queen sitting by herself at the funeral. That seems so cruel to me. Yes, I am back in the office every day; it is kind of nice to be back to a routine. Yes, Bison are rather prehistoric looking creatures. I know they have a lot in Yellowstone but it was really cool the Tourist ranch south of town has such a large herd. They serve bison steaks and burgers in their restaurants. Your new hairdo looks fabulous. You and Colin are wearing me out thinking of all that cleaning out, dropping off and packing. Every single thing gets you closer to the big move though.

@canuk-gal oh no to your DH picking up your taxes. I hope it wasn’t painful. Our deadline was extended to May something and I don’t know our damages yet. I forgot to tell our accountant I probably don’t have to pay taxes anymore because I’ve had numerous phone calls that left me a message saying my social security number has been suspended. Ha Ha. Nice for warmer temperatures for a few days but darn that dreaded cold came back. I hope you get to see your mom in person soon. Darn that your bike fell over; but I am glad it was easy to fix.

@bling_dream19 I hope you are doing well. I continue to send mega dust to your mom and hope her pain lessons every day. What is your favorite RHR these days? I was just zipping around town on “necessary” errands. Ooh good idea for some bling shots in front of my steering wheel.

@Tourmaline ooh your OEC sounds perfect; definitely go with what makes your heart sing. Sounds like your raising funds is off to a good start.

@Polabowla I hope all of you are feeling better soon. I bet your DD is excited for the prom.

@mrs-b that is so scary about your eye. I hope it clears up for you soon. Your recent jewelry purchases sound fabulous; I will go hunt them down. That’s great you goddaughter was accepted to a good college and one of her choices. I lift twice a week and got in to it because Marty started a strength training gym a few years ago. He kept asking me “when are you going to try it?” And I finally agreed just to shut him up. I actually found I felt better, it helped my legs and I actually liked lifting. I agree strength is important as we age. I can pack in all my groceries in one trip; that is a major reward to me.

@Matata - love your avatar

Thanks for the compliments on our deck furniture. Come on over! Marty and his sister tried out the rocking chairs this morning.

Work was hectic and stressful the rest of my week and even though I had Friday off I did dial in and take care of some things Friday and today. Marty and 2 of his clients competed in a strength competition yesterday. It was in a city 50 miles from here and through a high mountain pass. Since we had snow most of the week the highway was snowy / icy in spots and my poor car was getting pelted with the sand and rocks they put down on the highways. I was cringing the entire way. When I got back to town a car coming on the highway from a side ramp threw that rock you see coming at you which chipped my windshield in 2 spots. I guess my car is pre-disastered now. Marty took 2nd and one of his clients got a first and second in her division. The 3rd guy pulled his hamstring and didn’t finish. Poor guy was miserable so as soon as Marty’s last lift I brought him back to town with me. Everyone else went out to eat after the match.

Marty’s sister came up for the meet and filmed everything for Marty. She came back to our house last night and went home today. Marty grilled pichana, asparagus and pineapple today. It was delicious. The lady who competed came over to eat with us.

I started my May article for the paper and finished laundry. I ran out to get my car washed, top off the gas tank, mail a card and get some cash. You know necessary errands. Ha Ha.

Snow if predicted tomorrow. Like Sharon we need moisture here; our state / county is considered in a severe draught. That means forest fires are likely this summer.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Monday.

@marcy that's great news about your BIL. May his heart continue to be strong and healthy and hope his leg circulation checks out too. Thanks for all the kind words about my sweet nieces. They are already young adults. I remember holding the oldest when she was born and her drooling all over my beautiful oxford shirt haha. Oh no about your chipped windshield from the rock and all that sand on the road to de ice the roads. LOL about your car being pre-disastered now. But I am sorry marcy. I always said new cars are hard because there comes a point when they become not new and that always stings a bit. Congrats to Marty coming in second during the competition and his client doing well also. Very nice Marty's sister filmed it all and that she stayed over too. IDK what that was he grilled but you had me at pineapple and asparagus. Yummmm. Good for you starting your May article already and haha of course getting laundry done is always satisfying. :) Boo to snow and hopefully it won't accumulate to very much at all. Stay warm and safe and hope you have a good Monday. XOXO.

@Matata aww thanks so much. One day at a time. This particular hurdle was not expected so the fact that the biopsy was negative was a huge relief since we are dealing with so many other health challenges. This was one we didn't even see coming. My fingers and toes are crossed for Greg's May appointment where we see if he needs RAI due to his thyroid cancer. Anyway my philosophy is one day at a time and one hour at a time when necessary. Appreciate your good wishes. Hope your beautiful cats are behaving and giving you much joy.

@mrs-b I imagine the rest of your weekend was wonderful just knowing you are A OK and hope your week is off to a lovely start. Amazing news about Eleanor getting into the college of her choice and OMG all your jewelry makes my heart beat faster...did you say OEC? And blue pearls are my favorite types of pearls and one day I hope to get some. I wanted them for years but somehow never seemed to move on that wish. Blue akoyas are my dream pearls. Anyway speaking of dreamy your entire collection is just that. Dreamy. Big hugs sweet lady.

@Austina aww I am sorry your flight to Austin was canceled for June and I hope Colin can figure out a way to get you there. Glad the electrician came and fixed everything and good for you getting rid of the chaise and making a young couple very happy. Sorry that there wasn't an extra Pfizer vaccine for you but hopefully very soon and good that Colin had no bad reaction to his second dose and hopefully he is feeling good today too. Hope your Monday is a good one. Hugs.

@canuk-gal hope the rest of your weekend was fun and that no more snow is in your forecast. Those drops in temperature from one day to the next can be brutal. At the coast depending on the wind just turning around when cycling can result in a huge drop in temperature. We did ride yesterday but I was pretty cold. I thought it would be warmer than it was...all because of the wind turning east. But at least we got to ride so no complaints. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 hope your weekend was fun and that your mom is continuing to heal and recover and do well. ((((Hugs)))).

@Slick1 hugs and hope all is going as well as possible.

@MamaBee hope the birthday party was lots of fun. XOXO.

@sarahb hi there., hope you had a lovely weekend and are enjoying a good week. XOXO.

@Tourmaline please share pics when you are ready. Delightful anticipation.

@Polabowla hope you continue to feel better and better and you have lots of happy occasions to look forward to. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. So we had a good ride yesterday though as I was explaining to Sharon it was colder than expected due to a change in the wind from the West to the East. Unfortunately my left toe has started acting up again. Yup. I guess the "permanent" cauterization of that toe didn't work. I really cannot believe yet again I have to get that needle and deal with this. I haven't contacted my podiatrist and am not looking forward to contacting him. I soaked it yesterday and do not see where the nail is impinging so it probably is beneath the nail bed. Which means another painful procedure that won't last more than two months. Oy to the vey. I am going to make him cauterize the entire friggin toe lol. OK enough bitching and moaning. That should be the worst problem right? I have probably had over 2 dozen needles in that toe. What's another? The worst part isn't the needle. It's not knowing when that nail will start causing pain. It goes from zero to a hundred within a moment. :loopy:

I took a photo of the awesome clouds as we rode yesterday. I love clouds.

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 6.26.48 AM.png

Hope your day is a sunny bright and happy day and may the only clouds you experience stay up in the sky. XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Well done to Marty @marcy, sounds like you’ve had a good weekend with going to the competition but oh no to getting your windscreen chipped. Ugh to a stressful work week and having to call in to sort out problems, hopefully things will be calmer this week.

Oh no to your toe acting up again @missy, if it’s not one thing it’s another! Oy to the vey definitely! Glad you got to go out riding even though it was a bit chilly. It’s been really bright and sunny here today, we had lots of windows open because Ben was painting the sitting room ceiling.

Spent the afternoon cleaning up and putting everything back, so it’s all straight again

Dental appointments for us both tomorrow, can’t wait for a proper clean.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good start to the week. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@missy thank you for the good wishes for my BIL. I am relieved he is doing better. Yes, our nieces do grow up so fast but it's a joy to watch them become young ladies and then adults. My car is now covered in snow and ice too; oh well it still smells new inside. Ha Ha. Pichana is something they serve in Brazilian restaurants. I just looked it up it's a top sirloin cap; it's got a huge fat cap on it but it cooks up very tender and tasty. Marty loves it. I totally enjoyed the grilled pineapple. I am so sorry to hear your toe is acting up again; I can't imagine how painful that is for you when they work on it. Good luck with that! Darn your ride was chilly yesterday but gorgeous cloud pictures.

@Austina good luck with your dental appointments tomorrow. Yay for having everything put back and straight again. I hope Colin can figure out to get you both to Austin this summer. I am glad you are enjoying some bright and sunny weather.

Work was crazy busy as is the norm right now. Maybe a month from now it will slow down. We had snow today and it will continue in to the night. It should get slightly above freezing tomorrow then start to warm up again. I hate to admit this to Marty but those Goodyear tires are doing okay in snow and on ice but I'm still getting the Michelin tires Thursday. Tomorrow is the Apple event; hopefully they have a new iPad pro I can't live without.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy how frustrating to have this toe flare....again! Sad face. Some chilly wet weather mixed with clouds and sunshine. Spring!

@marcy--I think you and I have the same work days. I am making moves to make myself less available. I feel my age! Glad your tires impressed you.

NIRDI shout out!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results