color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

Busy errands day but did get a ride in. Enjoyed the rays--even if it was a bit windy. I really needed the exercise as I am feeling rather down. Unusual for me, but so many stressors pulling from all directions. Not the least of which is not seeing my family--a universal complaint. My Mom does not have a computer or cell phone so no visual connection. The world seems to be a total bummer. Who knew?

not so cheery--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

Busy errands day but did get a ride in. Enjoyed the rays--even if it was a bit windy. I really needed the exercise as I am feeling rather down. Unusual for me, but so many stressors pulling from all directions. Not the least of which is not seeing my family--a universal complaint. My Mom does not have a computer or cell phone so no visual connection. The world seems to be a total bummer. Who knew?

not so cheery--Sharon

I‘m sorry Sharon..I think things will get more normal soon. It’s so tough when we’re in the thick of it..but the light is at the end of the tunnel. We just have to hang on for a bit longer.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I‘m sorry Sharon..I think things will get more normal soon. It’s so tough when we’re in the thick of it..but the light is at the end of the tunnel. We just have to hang on for a bit longer.

Thank you MB. You've had more than your fair share of worries--and yet I complain. Thank you for the kind support--goodness know it is welcome.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and hugs to you. It's wonderful (I hope) Wednesday.

@canuk-gal I am very sorry it has been so long since you were able to see and visit with your mom. Sending you gentle hugs.

@Austina so pleased you had a lovely FT visit with your kids and lovely visit with your friends S and R. And enjoyed a great walk too. Yay for good weather coming your way. As for your question no I never experienced this and it is most likely related to my BHRT. I hope I don't have to discontinue it because the hormones have decreased my bone marker CTX a bit and that is good. But this bleeding is not good so I have an appointment Monday with the same gynecologist who won't treat me with BHRT anymore but she does want to see me because I am bleeding so there's that. At least she didn't abandon me entirely. My friend also would see me but she is very far away and because of all the doctor appts we have I just thought let me go here first and see what she says.

@MamaBee hi, hope all is going well.

Hi to everyone else. Yesterday AM Greg and I had long walk and then I had an initial visit via telemedicine with a bone expert. The doctor who is in his 80s. I love him. He is so smart and kind. We were on the telemedicine call with him for 60 minutes. That is the longest telemed or even in person doctor visit I ever had. He was very thorough and very patient. He did say while he hates to say it I am an unusual and interesting patient. Of course no one wants that designation but at least he is honest. He does not know why I am losing bone so fast. Way faster than I should be at my age. Nothing to do with menopause as I am already past the first 5 years where rapid bone loss happens. He is concerned and said we must do something soon. So he is on my case and for that I am supremely grateful. He is not accepting new patients and only accepted me because a friend referred me to him. I am thankful for that because if anyone can figure out what is happening he can. And if he can't no one would be able to. Not to sound grim or dark or dramatic but I sincerely do not know what my future holds and yes I am scared. But I am also hopeful now that he is on my team. I pray he can figure it out and that he can help me so my quality of life does not suffer too much. Thanks for reading yet another book.

We have a telemedicine call with my endocrinologist this AM. Still waiting for Greg's thyroglobulin results and I am on pins and needles and stressed about that. If it were good news I think my endocrinologist would have let us know immediately so I am concerned because no news here is not good news. But we shall see.

Have a wonderful day ladies and sending all of you hugs and love. Be well and stay safe. XOXO.

Leaving you with a photo during our walk yesterday AM.

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 6.46.15 AM.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I am so sorry to hear about your continued issues with bone loss, that new doctor sounds promising and hopeful. Big hugs to you and Greg. I hope his results are good news.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

not so cheery--Sharon

Hoping you are feeling better today @canuk-gal I hope you can see your family soon.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let’s try this again.
This time with accurate current data.

Good news!
Greg’s thyroglobulin is zero!!!
Woohoo!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Woohooooooo @missy, the best news possible :dance: What a huge relief for you both. I’m glad you had a good telemed call, and the Dr is keen to get things moving quickly. Of course we already knew that you’re unique! I hope that he has ideas of things you can try in order to get the situation to a manageable level. I’m hoping your Monday appt brings an explanation of what’s going on, and keeping everything crossed that too will be fixable.

It’s understandable that it’s getting to you @canuk-gal, this whole situation of not being able to see family is the pits. What a shame your Mum doesn’t have the wherewithal to FT or Skype with you. I’m not sure how we’d have coped not being able to ‘see’ Adam and Kim during all this time. Keep your chin up, things are going to get better.

How’re all the other lovely NIRDIs doing? Thinking of you all and sending love and hugs.

We had to wait in for a food delivery then we went to Costco, we have to go back tomorrow, because we bought some outdoor lights, thinking they’re solar powered, and they’re not :doh:

Nothing much going on here otherwise, no big surprise there!

TGIF tomorrow :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let’s try this again.

Good news!
Woohoo!!

I’m sooooooooo happy!!! Great news @missy!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you MB. You've had more than your fair share of worries--and yet I complain. Thank you for the kind support--goodness know it is welcome.

This is a hard time for everyone.....Things are doing better for me now so I’m good. I would be just as upset as you if I couldn’t see my family for as long as you’ve been separated. I just hope things will get better really soon so you can give your mom a nice hug..❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
GM lovely ladies and hugs to you. It's wonderful (I hope) Wednesday.

@canuk-gal I am very sorry it has been so long since you were able to see and visit with your mom. Sending you gentle hugs.

@Austina so pleased you had a lovely FT visit with your kids and lovely visit with your friends S and R. And enjoyed a great walk too. Yay for good weather coming your way. As for your question no I never experienced this and it is most likely related to my BHRT. I hope I don't have to discontinue it because the hormones have decreased my bone marker CTX a bit and that is good. But this bleeding is not good so I have an appointment Monday with the same gynecologist who won't treat me with BHRT anymore but she does want to see me because I am bleeding so there's that. At least she didn't abandon me entirely. My friend also would see me but she is very far away and because of all the doctor appts we have I just thought let me go here first and see what she says.

@MamaBee hi, hope all is going well.

Hi to everyone else. Yesterday AM Greg and I had long walk and then I had an initial visit via telemedicine with a bone expert. The doctor who is in his 80s. I love him. He is so smart and kind. We were on the telemedicine call with him for 60 minutes. That is the longest telemed or even in person doctor visit I ever had. He was very thorough and very patient. He did say while he hates to say it I am an unusual and interesting patient. Of course no one wants that designation but at least he is honest. He does not know why I am losing bone so fast. Way faster than I should be at my age. Nothing to do with menopause as I am already past the first 5 years where rapid bone loss happens. He is concerned and said we must do something soon. So he is on my case and for that I am supremely grateful. He is not accepting new patients and only accepted me because a friend referred me to him. I am thankful for that because if anyone can figure out what is happening he can. And if he can't no one would be able to. Not to sound grim or dark or dramatic but I sincerely do not know what my future holds and yes I am scared. But I am also hopeful now that he is on my team. I pray he can figure it out and that he can help me so my quality of life does not suffer too much. Thanks for reading yet another book.

We have a telemedicine call with my endocrinologist this AM. Still waiting for Greg's thyroglobulin results and I am on pins and needles and stressed about that. If it were good news I think my endocrinologist would have let us know immediately so I am concerned because no news here is not good news. But we shall see.

Have a wonderful day ladies and sending all of you hugs and love. Be well and stay safe. XOXO.

Leaving you with a photo during our walk yesterday AM.

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 6.46.15 AM.png

@missy It seems like you are in great hands with the 80 year old doctor. I like that he admitted he doesn’t know why you’re losing bone. I love an honest doctor..I just know he will figure it out..You’re in good hands..
I can’t believe what happened the other day. I met my friends for lunch for the first time in over a year. We were supposed to eat outside but they were in a large bubble room with other people sitting at tables scattered around the room. It was attached to the restaurant with its own heater. It was indoor in my opinion. I sucked it up and went in..It was such a nice lunch. When it was over I stood up and caught my foot in the chair. I tried to right myself up and knocked into my friend who is 4’10.... She flew backwards like something you see in comic books. We rushed over to see if she was okay. Fortunately her head hit the rubber wall. If that was sheet rock I can’t even begin to think anything than she would have broken her neck. I apologized profusely...sent flowers..checked on her every day. She had to use a heating pad and tylenol. I’m such a klutz....I don’t even know how it could have happened. Ugh

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let’s try this again.

Good news!
Woohoo!!

Excellent x 1 billion!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Let’s try this again.

Good news!
Woohoo!!

Wow! Amazing news! Wishing you both better health from now on!

I had a very severe allergic reaction to a new medication so i had to stop it & load up on benadryl.

Thinking of everyone here even if i don't post often.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Austina what a chore to get glass off your bedside chest. Glad that chore is over. Love the picture of Bertie all worn out from his adventures. I am glad you got to spend time with some friends and Colin and Adam helped him set up his new Mac. My first Mac was quite a challenge; the first few days I was very frustrated and probably would have returned it if the Apple store had been local. Now I doubt I’d switch back to a Windows based machine. Enjoy your nice weather. We are warm but starting to expect thunderstorms.

@junebug17 sounds like you had a lovely mother’s day. Pretty view from the cafe.

@MamaBee I totally get the tough decision of who to have set your diamond. That’s why I sent my reset back to Whiteflash. They sent me directions and a shipping label to get it sent to them and it worked fine. I sure enjoy the new setting I got for my oval sapphire; it has princess cuts and baguettes; they are like little emerald cuts. I can’t wait to see what you get. I hate to hear about you tripping and then knocked over your friend. I am glad she wasn’t hurt worse and also glad you weren’t hurt either. Very scary.

@missy good luck finding the right doctor; that makes such a huge difference but it’s such a challenge. I hate to hear you are having another new issue; big hugs to you and mega dust coming your way. What a relief to get good news from Greg’s doctor.

@canuk-gal I hope you had a good day today.

@Polabowla I hope you are doing better. I hope Benadryl helps. I can’t take that stuff; it makes me a total cry baby.

We had an expensive meeting with the tax lady yesterday. Marty didn’t earn much at the gym but of course he has to pay some self employment taxes even though it’s not his full time job. We also didn’t have enough taxes withheld in general. Joy!

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy FriYAY!

Thank you everyone for sharing my relief and happiness at Greg's most recent findings. We will continue to monitor and hope for the best.

We had a telemedicine call with our endocrinologist yesterday morning and he wants me to continue with the BHRT despite the bleeding. Easy for him to say LOL. Seriously though he was like let me talk to your gynecologist. He doesn't know she is pi**ed at him so no they won't be talking. I go in Monday and we shall see what she finds and what happens re my BHRT. She is no longer prescribing it for me and my friend is but I can definitely see where she might say no you have to stop and I don't want to go against her recommendations. Bleeding can be serious and it's been 16 days now. So yeah I guess I shall see what happens. One step forward one or two back always it seems. But one day at a time and doing the best I can.

@Austina Costco twice in two days. I love it. I wouldn't mind but I am sorry you got the wrong lights. Thanks for sharing my happiness about Greg's latest findings. Really a good way to learn to live in the moment. If anything that is what the past few years have taught me. Have a wonderful FriYAY.

@canuk-gal big hugs to you and hoping you get to see your mom very soon. Life is challenging and not seeing our loved ones make it even more so. I wish I could do something to lift your spirits but I realize seeing your mom is the best way to do that and to that end I am sending many good wishes your way.

@marcy thank you sweet lady. It always means a lot to me to hear from you offline and I am thinking of you guys too. Sorry about the taxes. If you look at it like this at least the government wasn't holding on to extra money from you during the year. The year we owed that is what I comforted myself with but yeah it stings. My grandpa used to tell me be thankful you have to pay taxes because that means you earned money but oy with Marty and his business I feel your pain. Soon it will be more profitable. I feel it.

@MamaBee Oy to the vey. I am sorry about the accident with your friend and I know she knows it was just that. A terrible accident and she is A OK so please do not beat yourself up about that OK? Thinking of you and big hugs. You are right. Wisdom and experience count. I read his visit notes on my portal and he mentioned a scary disease that he didn't tell me about while we had our hour long telemedicine call so I sure hope I do not have that disease. Anyway have a wonderful FriYAY.

@Slick1 thank you sweet friend for being there for me and I am always here for you. Have a wonderful day and soon it will be summer vacation woohoo.

@Polabowla keeping good thoughts for you and thank you for your kind wishes.

@MMtwo thank you and hugs to you. Thinking of you.

@bling_dream19 sweet friend hope all is going well and keeping you and your lovely family in my thoughts.

@sarahb hey there, good morning, hope all is well with you and your family.

@springerspaniel good morning.

@MJ_Mac how are you?

Hi to everyone else. Greg and I had a good and busy day yesterday. I did weights in the early AM and some elliptical. Then we had a Telemed call at 9AM that lasted 45 minutes and then we cycled. When we got back from cycling we jogged/walked fast because I am determined to get weight bearing exercises in daily and I recently found out the elliptical isn't weight bearing enough unfortunately. And then Greg had an evening board meeting via phone. An exhausting day but a good one. I do not know if Greg can keep the pace though LOL as we are heading out in a few to go walking fast and then he is getting a hair cut and then we are cycling and then I have to go to the supermarket. He seems tired when I just told him the schedule lol and he does need to fit work in there too. But I need to get out and be active. It keeps me sane if you kwim. And while our weather is cooperating I want to take full advantage. There are never enough hours in the day though it seems...

Enjoy a wonderful FriYAY lovely ladies.

We did make time for ice cream too yesterday haha. Wouldn't miss that :)

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 6.35.08 AM.png

Leaving you with a pic from our cycling back home yesterday afternoon.

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 6.35.21 AM.png

Wishing you more yay in your FriYAY than anything. (((Hugs))).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It really was a total PITA @marcy, and I still haven’t heard from the glass people that the new glass is in yet :roll: Oh no to the unexpected tax bill, what a pain. Hopefully it won’t affect your bling budget, which, of course, is the most important aspect:mrgreen: I hope you’ve got a stressfree weekend coming up.

Oh no @Polabowla how awful, I hope the Benadryl does the trick and you get over this horrible reaction to the drug.

This things are easily done @MamaBee, your friend is OK, and I’m sure she wouldn’t want you beating yourself up over what was after all, an unfortunate accident. Did I ever tell you about the time a lizard dropped in my lap (fell off the ceiling), I jumped up just as the waitress was bringing food, causing her to tip backwards and drop a plate of hot food into another diner’s lap? Yep, that was me. :oops:

How’re things with you @canuk-gal? I hope you haven’t had a horrible week at work.

You know @missy, we were talking to Rob & Sue the other day, and we all said that we can’t understand how we used to find the time to work because the days seem to get so full up. I know exactly what you mean about getting out, we didn’t end up going for a walk till nearly 5pm. When we went to Australia in 2008, I was bleeding for 6 weeks, it was awful but I couldn‘t do anything while we were away, and then had to wait to see the Dr here. It was really worrying (not to mention inconvenient), but fortunately it was just a one off and resolved itself. I was about 50 at the time, so I think mine was definitely hormonal.

We had to wait it for the alarm service this morning, then took the lights back to Costco, then came home for lunch. I spent a frustrating few hours dealing with my medical insurance company because they haven’t paid the physio’s bill from last year. It’s not really my problem, but with hanging on for over 30 minutes to actually speaking to someone, then having to wait for them to call me back, I wasted nearly 3 hours. The upshot is the physio says he‘s submitted the invoices, the insurance co say they’ve not received them, whilst at the same time apparently telling the physio the information on them is wrong, (which he disputes as they’d paid some of the invoices with the same information on) and now they won’t pay them because it’s over 6 months, which it isn’t, oy!

The weather isn’t looking great for the weekend, so doesn’t look like we’ll get out for a walk.

I’ll be glad when today is over :lol:

:wavey:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Sorry I have not been posting recently--am on vacation in northern NH and have been focusing on reconnecting with my husband and dogs after a long winter.

@missy I am so thrilled to hear about Greg's thyroglobulin level! Also happy you found a doc you feel listens to you. I hope the HRT breakthrough bleeding is benign--I've had it several times and each time I panic about the possibility of uterine cancer, since my mother had it.

@mrs-b I smile very time I see one of your posts. I hope the Humira is continuing to work and the side effects are at least tolerable. How are you feeling in general? I know the spring is scheduled to be a busy medical time for you and am thinking about you.

Hi @Austina! It sounds like your plans for moving are going forward, but you continue to have PITA bumps in the road. I love the pictures of Bertie. I am glad I don't have facility with posting pix online, because I am afraid I would bore everyone to tears with dog pictures.

Hi and big hugs to everyone else!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - I'm so sorry for not responding sooner -

GREAT NEWS RE GREG"S RESULTS!

I'm so happy for you both!

And - I'm sorry to pivot so abruptly, but - we're having a big issue here. David, my best friend and Eleanor's dad, has had increasing episodes of swelling in his limbs (elbow, left leg, right ankle, left foot, right foot) - plus night sweats, chills and fatigue over the last 6 weeks. It started in his right elbow after an open wound developed, and he's been sort of putting all subsequent issues down to that. But a week and a half ago, when his legs started swelling, he went to urgent care, then his PCP, then the ED, then back to his PCP - who ultimately sent him to hospital a second time, where he was admitted. His inflammation levels are off the charts, his white blood cell count is high, tho has come down a lot, but the swelling and intense pain continues - suggesting cellulitis at best, sepsis at worst, and possible tissue death along the way.

He's having surgery this morning - in about an hour - and I'm incredibly worried - just because, despite addressing the buildup of poison and gunk that seems to be developing in his left leg, it doesn't really address the overall cause or the other sites. Basically, he's very ill. He continues to get sweats and chills and intense pain - and David is no wuss.

He and I have been talking every couple of hours since he was admitted on Thursday morning, and he calls me multiple times during the night to sort of 'talk through the pain' - despite being on morphine and various other pain meds.

I'm trying to shield Eleanor from as much of this as I can, without lying to her, but this is setting off my Crohn's big time, as stress is Crohn's natural enemy.

All prayers appreciated.

Gotta run - he goes into surgery in a few minutes and I was hoping to chat to him before he goes.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there everyone!

@mrs-b, so sorry about David, very concerning and scary. Sending good thoughts for a successful surgery and I hope the doctors can find the underlying reason. Take care of yourself too.

@missy, really great news about Greg's test results, happy to hear it and what a big relief for you both. I hope things go well with your new doctor and at your appointment on Monday.

@Austina, so glad you had such a nice visit with Rob and Sue. Sorry about the aggravation over the health insurance payment, ugh, so frustrating.

@canuk-gal, I'm sorry you've been feeling down, life can be overwhelming sometimes and this pandemic hasn't helped. I hope you get a chance to do something fun this weekend.

@MamaBee, sorry about your friend's fall but don't be hard on yourself, it was a total accident and it sounds like she's doing ok. I'm glad neither one of you was hurt.

@Polabowla, I hope you're feeling a little better by now, take care.

Hi @springerspaniel, I hope you are having a wonderful time on your vacation.

@marcy, sorry about the tax headache, it's always something, isn't it. Hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Not much new with me, pretty much the usual here...my sister and my bil are coming over for dinner tonight and that's it for the excitement for this weekend.

I'm sorry to see some of the nirdis going through tough and stressful times right now and sending good wishes and comfort to all. <3

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

What a splendid weather day today! Had a glorious ride in the sun and 21C. YIPEE! Went for a walk also, b/c I just couldn't turn in. Saw cyclists, walkers, joggers, roller blade's, fisherman, canoers, kayakers, sailors, golfers, sun tanners, picnickers, gardeners, and the window cleaning guys. I sat on the dock and saw a large amount of goose poop. Had to pick my spot, carefully. LOL Ate some ice cream today, which is unusual for me. I enjoyed it! I think if they made ice cream out of champagne I'd eat a lot more of it. :lol-2::P2

Work was reasonable this week. Busy but reasonable.

@junebug17 @marcy @missy thank you for your kind words. Sometimes things just get a little too much, KWIM?

@marcy tax surprises are no fun. I can say we've had our share of those and ain't NOBODY happy when that happens.

@mrs-b what a business with your health and David's! Healing vibes!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, great news about Greg. One less thing to worry about is a relief.

@mrs-b, I hope the docs identify the cause of David's malady and that he recovers without lasting effect. Some of his symptoms sound similar to a poisonous spider bite.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls, happy Sunday.

@mrs-b I am so sorry, I was off-line yesterday. How is David doing? I don't want to text you because it is too early but please let me know how he is doing. Keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.

@springerspaniel I am so glad you enjoyed a wonderful vacation at a beautiful place with your DH and dogs. thanks. It's been 18 days bleeding. I hope it isn't anything. My endocrinologist seemed upset when I told him I might discontinue HRT. He said no, please keep taking it. I do want to keep taking it because I need it but well let's see why I am bleeding for so long.

@Austina ugh I hate insurance issues and it seems when they mess up it's never in our favor. Hope it all gets sorted and I hope you are enjoying a good weekend despite not terrific weather. Yeah I don't know where all the hours go and not sure how I ever fit everything into each day when I was working.

@junebug17 good morning. Glad all is well with you. Hope you had a lovely dinner with your sister and BIL and enjoy the rest of a wonderful weekend.

@Matata Thank you. I appreciate that. One day at a time and one hour at a time when that is overwhelming. I keep repeating that to myself.

@bling_dream19 hope you are having a good weekend.

@sarahb hope your weekend is going very well and you are enjoying time with your loved ones.

@marcy hope you are having a fun weekend.

@Polabowla I am thinking of you and hoping you are doing OK and your family is well.

@Slick1 hope you are having a lovely weekend and enjoying our amazing weather.

@MamaBee how is D and S and your mom? How are you doing?

@canuk-gal yup, I do KWYM. Glad you enjoyed ice cream yesterday. Speaking of ice cream I owe you girls two days worth of ice cream pics. :)

Friday ice cream:

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 5.55.34 AM.png

Saturday ice cream.

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 5.54.52 AM.png

Butter Pecan Brittle. OMG so good.

And because a photo or a few photos are worth a thousand words here you go. Our weekend in photos.

Sunrise yesterday AM

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 5.56.16 AM.png

My jogging path yesterday AM

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 5.56.05 AM.png

and finally a new kitty on our cycling path. She has a collar but I guess her momma let's her roam outside which well I worry for her safety but we have seen her twice in two days now. What a sweet face.

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 5.55.48 AM.png

I have been slow jogging/fast walking the past few days and weather permitting going to try continuing. I love the peacefulness of the path I take and while jogging isn't my forte I am trying.

We are also cycling every day weather permitting but doing a bit less miles since I am doing my walking/jogging in the AM. Something has to give. I am off walking/jogging in a few. I am going to do it without Greg today because I think he needs a break LOL.

Just wanted to wish you all a good morning and so sorry to hear about David @mrs-b. I am keeping him in my prayers.

Have a wonderful Sunday lovely ladies. (((Hugs))).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Happy Sunny Sunday! NIRDI shout out!:wavey:

Took a different route today, to the beach. 14K ride. Lovely weather so a billion people were out and about. I had my mask with me and put it on where there were "crowds". Kept my distance. People with rafts on the river. Fun Sunday!

I also went for a walk after our ride while my DH went to hit some balls. I called my Mom and she bought some bedding plants--she loves her garden! I've seen some pots at the market, but I'm going to wait a bit. Our weather can get nasty (aka snow) this time of year. But I did notice the increased prices!!! Mom said the same thing. eyiyiyi

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy beautiful and delicious pictures. That PB ice cream I picked up is pretty darned good. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow; no bleeding isn’t a good thing. I sure hope you can find a balance on meds and no side effects. Big hugs coming your way. I do always say that’s fine to owe taxes rather than get a big refund - I would rather spend my money foolishly than letting them do the same. Your grandpa was right, if you owe taxes it means you at least made some some money. That’s great to get in so much walking / jogging; based on what you said that is good for weight bearing exercise? You do get a lot done in a day!

@Austina I sure hope you can get the glass replaced soon. My tax bill was expected - just that the amount was unknown. It wasn’t the most I ever had to come up with but it took second place. Oh well, what are you going to do - death and taxes we can’t escape. How awful about the lizard falling in your lap; I would have screamed and jumped up as well. Sorry a waitress happened to be there with food when that happened. What a memory, huh? How awful to be bleeding for 6 weeks when away from home. Dealing with billing between the physio and insurance sounds like a major PITA. Good luck getting that worked out.

@springerspaniel enjoy your vacation!

@mrs-b mega dust coming to your friend. I hope he is doing better now and they figure out what is wrong. It sounds very scary.

@junebug17 how was dinner with your sister and BIL? That sounds like a fun evening.

@Matata I love the ring in your avatar.

@canuk-gal that’s great to spend so much time outside in the nice weather and it sounds like everyone else had the same idea. Ice cream does sound good; I might get some here very shortly. I buy those mini Magnum bars and don’t feel bad eating one of them but tonight might be a dish of ice cream. LOL I agree nobody is happy to send money off for taxes. Nice that your mom started her plants. I am like you I wait a while still incase of snow or a freeze. Everything seems to cost more right now. I am going to top off my gas tank every time I can because I know it will cost more by them time I need gas.

Not much going on this weekend. Marty is downstairs cleaning and moving around his office. He ordered a new DSLR, speakers, a microphone, lights, etc so he can do video streaming and he will use it for his conference calls for work. He wants to post videos for his clients. Maybe he’ll become a YouTube star. Ha Ha. We met for lunch today after his Sunday morning clients were finishing lifting. I watched a few movies. The Marksman was pretty good, French Exit was awfully boring I think I turned it off in about 20 minutes. The Final Stand was a good story but I guess originally a Russian film that they had English added over the dialogue so it didn’t hold my attention since the voice over was more reading than acting.

Take care.
Marcy

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the ring in your avatar.

Thank you. I love it too. All the credit for the ring goes to the incredible @mrs-b, the original owner, who has an uncanny ability to envision and create beautiful jewels.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. I love it too. All the credit for the ring goes to the incredible @mrs-b, the original owner, who has an uncanny ability to envision and create beautiful jewels.

@Matata you are so righty. @mrs-b has a lot of lovely jewelry. I am glad you are enjoying this beauty!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

You could never bore us to death with photos of your lovely poochies @springerspaniel, please share away.

Oh no @mrs-b I’m so sorry to hear about David, I hope the surgery went well and they’ve got to the bottom of what’s going on with him. You’re such a good friend, and I’m sure he appreciates you being such a support for him and Eleanor. I’m sure this isn’t helping with your Crohns, so don’t forget to take care of yourself too.

I hope you had a fun evening with your sis & BIL @junebug17 it makes such a difference spending time with other people.

Glad you were able to get out at the weekend and enjoy exercising @canuk-gal. I’m not thinking about planting up my tubs for a couple of weeks, we’re getting some weird weather here right now.

Thanks @marcy, I’ve passed the problem back to the physio, it‘s not really my issue, I’ve done what I could by contacting the insurance company, but like most things, Im sure there’s more than I’m being told from both sides. I really can’t understand why they waited all this time to chase up their payment. Sounds like you had a filmfest this weekend, we watched The woman in the Window (I think that’s what it’s called) and it was pretty good, a bit like Rear Window. I know that one of Adam’s clients does a lot of training via YouTube videos, so good luck to Marty.

I know I don’t need to say this @missy, but please be very careful when you’re out jogging in the early mornings. I think I must watch too many crime shows, but oy, there are a lot of bad people out there. I hope the appt with the GYN went well, and she was able to reassure you and suggest a solution to the problem. I was trying to remember what I was prescribed when I had the problem I think it was Noresthisterone, I think it’s a progestogen, and stopped the bleeding.

It was summer this morning so we went out to help the economy :lol: I got a lovely pair of tan and gold sandals, some pink Skechers type shoes, micro fibre bathmats, some makeup and a couple of tops. Colin got a really nice pair of blue suede shoes:mrgreen:

By this afternoon, it was winter, rain, hail and dark!

Big love and hugs to all the amazing NIRDIS :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Just a quick hello. Saw the gynecologist and she wants me to have an intravaginal pelvic US. The fun never stops around here LOL. Anyway I am going Thursday for the ultrasound. The prep is going to be challenging as it involves a lot of drinking and no peeing for a long while. Oy. Also had a telemedicine follow up with Dr Z who I saw last Monday. Anyway she is stumped. No clue why my bone markers are so high. She is going to ask one of her colleagues and if they can shed light on it she will contact me. That's my update.

@marcy Please let us know Marty's youtube channel and we will subscribe. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Thank you for all your lovely comments. I feel like each day is jam packed and it's never ending but I keep saying to myself one day at a time and doing the best we can. I know you get it. I hope your week goes well Marcy and good luck to Marty. XO.

@Austina I will be super careful. I really don't know what to do. It seems I am darned if I do and darned if I don't. And I get what you are saying. I am the same. I watch all these crime shows and well I know we are vulnerable. I appreciate you caring. XO. This gynecologist isn't doing any hormones for me but I have read about the synthetic progesterone helping bleeding. I will wait and see what the intravag US shows. She mentioned if my endometrial lining is thick she will biopsy it. I hope it doesn't come down to that.

@canuk-gal glad you enjoyed a sweet ride and your DH got to hit some balls. Nice your mom enjoys her garden. My mom is the same and spends hours gardening. Let's hope nice weather is here to stay and no more storms. Hugs.

@mrs-b I hope David continues to do very well and get strong and goes home today. So relieved for all of you! Hugs.

@Slick1 only a few more weeks left woohoo. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 hope your momma is doing well. XO.

@Matata your newest ring is delicious. And even sweeter that you got it from @mrs-b.

Hi everyone else. Have a wonderful rest of your day.

Leaving you with a photo of my early morning jog.

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 3.11.57 PM.png

Stay cool, it's going to be a hot week here. XOXO.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @missy -- I am glad you are getting the ultrasound. They will be looking at the endometrial thickness to rule out more concerning issues, among other things. If I recall my stats correctly, some 20-30% of women on HRT will continue to have bleeding, ranging from spotting to what seems like a normal period.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results