shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy ya know those people are idiots, the beach is great but what a chance, I was reading today that it's even risky to go to the pool in this subdivision.. altho I feel like a prisoner - I feel like an alive one.. How'd the pre-clearance go today? Seems like he wouldn't need it since they just did his knee but all in good cause I know. John is fine, can't see out of his eye yet.. it took way longer than the nurse told me it would.. Chris said it's getting hot in Brooklyn, he never checked to see if this 'new' apt had a/c, it doesn't, it's a reno, Chris grew up in Texas and A/C is a way of life, he's living and learning.. :) I love the beach, I love the snow, I hate heat without a pool, or beach. I am cranky sorry :) xoxo

Can't finish this but will be back later!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi folks, how's everyone doing?
Missy I'm thinking about Greg and i know he will be fine. Wow I really can't believe the density of people on the beach! It's hot but I would have thought they would enforce distancing. Hugs to you friend and cheers to icecream!
@Bayek it's ok to be cranky. I don't want you to feel imprisoned. I get that way when I work too much. I LOVE the mother of pearl backsplash.
@marcy I made some cookies! 20200609_183924.jpg
Oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip! Basically energy balls. I like them for breakfast. I think a lot of nirdis would like these. I hope you're doing ok back at work. Let's see your ring again now that its sized for you. Sizing is the never ending saga lol! Oh and I finished cleaning organizing the laundry room. Next is main area of basement and guest room and the house is done.
@Austina your plants are simply stunning! You've planted an English garden and it's beautiful!
Love and hugs to all. Off to bed.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I how all went well with Greg's prep, and the rest will be simple enough next week.

@AV_ That snow is something for almost mid June.

It is relatively cold here too & this is rare; last year I was already living on iced cheries at this point, now, I am keeping my sweater on for the morning rounds at the market & the house is closed at night - unheard of! I've given up the thought of a proper summer this year.

@AV_ Any time you are going down in weight and need some...I would be very happy to give you some of mine....That’s what friends are for.

I keep offering this too, kidding no kidding, getting laughs much of the time. The way I live is hard to bottle, or so I think.

-

on with the day

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Off to do some chores and then to PT. Rainy and thunderstorms all day here so an errand day for sure after we do all our many chores.
Greg's pre surgical visit (as some of you already know) didn't happen yesterday. Long story but they gave him the wrong info at the hospital and let's just say I was quite vocal about their mess up and well I got a few phone calls yesterday and they apologized and might now even let me wait for him in the waiting room the day of the procedure. Not for sure yet but they said they want to instill the confidence I lost after their mess up.

Monday is the new day for Greg's presugical clearance and also for his Covid test as that has to be done as well. So he only has to go back once before the surgery. But he did go yesterday for no reason and was inside the hospital potentially exposing himself to goodness knows what for no reason because the hospital staff doesn't know what they are doing. Needless to say I was frustrated but feel better now after talking to the supervisors and hope moving forward all goes smoothly.

@Bayek how is John feeling now? I hope his vision is great and he is feeling well. (((HUGS))) to all of you.

@MamaBee I am so glad you got to see Scott, Allie, Jackson and your grandson, Noah. Wonderful! You know how yesterday went. People scare me not knowing their jobs or what they are doing. I am right to be concerned. I hope they will let me be there the day of but if not I will drive him there and pick him up later. I am guessing it will be at least half a day affair if not longer as there are probably a lot of surgeries scheduled for that day. Since they weren't doing any "elective" procedures all of March and April and May and part of June. Hugs to you and hope you have a lovely day. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 I know girl, I know. Crazy crazy crazy. I wrote to the NJ Governor and while I doubt I will hear back from him you never know. I felt I had to do something. Madness.

Oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip! YUMMMMMMMM. OMG that looks amazing!
How is your week going? Sending you love and hugs.

@marcy oy I hate to hear no one has common sense but you are so right. Please do what you need to in order to ensure your safety at work OK? Glad work was otherwise smooth sailing. Hope you got to lift yesterday and also enjoyed some wine. Hugs to you and have a good day. Tomorrow is FriYAY woohoo. XOXO.

@Slick1 hugs to you. Thanks for that article. It was very poignant and made me cry too. Hope you are having a good day and I continue to send lots of healing dust and good vibes your way. XOXO.

@AV_ from your mouth to g-d's ears. Hope your cool weather is behaving itself. Today is a naughty thunderstorm day. I enjoy iced cherries. Yummmm. Speaking of cherries...Greg had cherry vanilla ice cream yesterday.

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 6.26.04 AM.png
I went for a brisk walk/jog today. I am not a runner (don't enjoy it) but sometimes I feel like I have the energy for it. I also cycled today.

Speaking of cycling sometimes fellow riders do not show courtesy. Some fella nearly me off the road--no bell wrning; yesterday 3 men with no bells! The ladies walking in front of me, yelled to the men as they zipped by. And what's with the no helmets?????? Rant over

Had to call 911 for a lady yesterday who fell and smashed her face. And today a little girl who took a tumble and was shaken up--but just a scratch. Her Mom was there. Gotta be careful out there, right? (and the reason for this thread!!!! NIRDI)

Anyway, that it for me. I think my nose got a bit too much sun. I keep forgetting to reapply my sunscreen.

Oh no, she was lucky you were there. I hope she is OK. And hope the little girl is OK too. Yes we must be so careful. Pedestrians and motorists alike here don't generally give way to bikes and can be quite rude too. Not looking and just turning right (into us almost) and just stepping out crossing without looking. Crazy and not safe. So we are defensive cyclists and continue to drive as safely as we can while still enjoying ourselves. Sorry you got too much sun on your nose. I do that often too. Must reapply but well sometimes we forget. Hope you enjoy a good ride or cycle today Sharon. Hugs.

OK I am off. Must vacuum and do laundry and then head to PT. Have a lovely morning girls. XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

That’s such good news about your brother @junebug17, a huge relief for you all. The problem is now, that any kind of flu like symptoms causes high levels of anxiety until proven otherwise. Good idea to go back to SC, I’m sure the conditions are a lot calmer there and make for a more peaceful time all around.

Yum @bling_dream19, whilst I’m not a lover of peanut butter on it’s own, your cookies look like the perfect treat with a cup of tea! Hope you’re having a good week and keeping safe.

You can have some of mine too @AV_, just ask, I’ve got plenty to spare and I’d happily jettison some your way :lol: It’s been pretty cool here this week, down a whole 10 degrees over the previous weeks. No sitting outside under a shade for us. The cherries are in the shops now, but boy, they’re really expensive at the moment.

Hoping John is recovering well @Bayek and it all went smoothly yesterday. Honestly, when I had LASIK, I couldn’t believe the immediate difference. If I recall, I had drops and had to wear an eye mask to bed so I didn’t accidentally rub my eyes, but waking up and things not being a blur, wow, it was amazing. Kim is in Oklahoma this week visiting her sister (the Dr.) Adam stayed home because he has a lot of work to get through and knew it’d never get done there. I also suspect he didn’t fancy the 5 hour drive :mrgreen:

Oy @canuk-gal my friend had a similar experience when she was out walking, a cyclist, on the pavement, came up right behind her, so she just stopped dead, and he ended up in the bushes :lol: Glad things are warming up so you can get out.

@MamaBee these people are so thoughtless, they could obviously see your elderly mother, and its up to them to move out of the way, not expect other people to. I’m sorry you’re feeling homesick, it’s totally understandable, but you need to do what you need to do to keep you all safe. FWIW, I think you’re absolutely right to resist the urge to hold Noah, a small sacrifice to keep you well. I hope Shatzie is doing OK and that everything is calm with Chris.

Oh no @missy, what a cock-up as we say here. I’m not surprised you were vocal, let’s just hope everything will be correctly in place for Monday and things go smoothly there. Your photos of the beach are pretty much what we’re seeing here, the only good thing is that being outdoors and in the heat, it’s supposed to be more difficult for the virus to spread. I sincerely hope so, because if these idiots cause another spike, I’m not sure how a lot of people will cope. As the machine is faulty, would it be possible to ask the supplier to send a courier to pick it up and deliver a new one? You shouldn’t be inconvenienced for something that‘s not your fault. We’re using ours in the utility room where we put food deliveries and let it zap anything that may have come In on the wrappers/packaging. Hang in there, I know life is a constant challenge, but eventually all this will be over.

Glad you’ve got your ring back @marcy, I had Bella resized an extra quarter size because I prefer it slightly looser than too tight. What a palaver at work, I hope it all get’s sorted out to keep you safe. I’m glad you can meet friends, we can’t wait to finally be able to actually sit and chat with them again.

What good news @Niffler75, so glad it all went so well.

Don’t worry too much about us @Daisys and Diamonds, we’re actually doing OK here and our Govt are slowly easing restrictions to avoid another spike, Now all we need is for the Covidiots to not ruin the sacrifices we’ve all made so far.

It’s pouring with rain here now, not that we don’t need it, but it’s a huge change from last week and it’s grey and dull. We went out again to the shops because believe it or not, in our haste to rush in and out the other day, we actually forgot things we needed :shifty: I also think it’s good for Colin to get out because I think he was getting to the point where it would be difficult to convince him we need to slowly start rebuilding our life.

I’m seriously getting to the point where I’m going to kick the TV if another stupid reporter asks a loaded, blame filled question. I’m sure, along with everyone else, we‘re sick of all this negativity, and for once, it would be nice for them to say something positive or encouraging.

The good news is that Adam’s attorney has said he’s still on track for September, so please keep all your fingers and toes crossed that that’s the case. The sooner the better as far as we’re concerned.

Just waiting in for our weekly food delivery, not much else we can do in this weather anyway.

Big hugs to you all :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 YAY! I missed the wonderful news that your brother is A OK. What a huge relief for your family. Continued healing vibes being sent his way.

@Austina Yassss! My fingers and toes are crossed that Adam is on track for September. Many good luck vibes being sent to all of you for it to go as smoothly as possible.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I hear you about that one more trip to the hospital, I still do not like them at all ,( & there is no escaping a few nice visits to the dentist [it looks like the NJ beach]

@Austina You made me curious about UK news - darn! I wish my part of the world did international news - I am rather in awe with the local newspaper [they have been doing for months what the NYT is starting to, but there have always been so much more good enws to tell...] Only the Greeks are nicer to listen to [I do not understand the language, but there is @ekathimerini .] If you aske dif I wished the world made sene, I wouldn't have a short answer today ,(

off to lunch

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
yesterday 3 men with no bells!

I don't like my men with no bells!!!

Hi everyone! @missy I can't believe they gave you the wrong info. You are my hero for giving them a piece of your mind. Great to stand up for yourself.

@AV_ I keep trying to guess where you live and what you do! It sounds so exotic and mysterious.

@bling_dream19 you are such a wonderful cook--everything you post looks so delicious.

Ellie the Springer is doing as well as can be expected. I'm a little apprehensive to tell people, because it is so out of the ordinary--the GI surgery was to see if she was clear to have brain surgery to remove a non-malignant, apparently very accessible tumor. So weird to think about. As @missy would say--OY, the vet bills! Meanwhile, my husband and I say that we would never have the same problem with Clyde (Avatar picture) because he has no brain...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good news. Just spoke with one of the patient advocates at the hospital and it’s official-they agreed I can wait in the waiting room while Greg has his procedure. I have to wear a mask of course and I can’t wander the hospital (lol no desire to do that) but I can stay the entire time.

@springerspaniel thank you. Yes I am no stranger to having to stand up for my loved ones when necessary. I am not a confrontational person by nature but I do what I need to do to protect those I care about. And if you need me I’m there for you too. ❤

Sending Ellie continued bucketloads of good luck dust. I totally get it. Hoping all continues to go smoothly. (((Hugs))). And yeah those vet bills are steep. :/

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Good news. Just spoke with one of the patient advocates at the hospital and it’s official-they agreed I can wait in the waiting room while Greg has his procedure. I have to wear a mask of course and I can’t wander the hospital (lol no desire to do that) but I can stay the entire time.

WONDERFUL NEWS!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The best news today @missy! I’m so happy you’ll be able to wait for him. I’m sure he will feel more calm knowing you’re there.
@bling_dream19 Your cookies and salsa look delicious! This thread is dangerous! I had chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream yesterday because of all the ice cream photos @missy has been posting. Now my mouth is drooling over cookies. I could steal some of David’s oatmeal..and make a batch...:saint::evil2: Help me...:lol:
@canuk-gal Thats great you got out for your walk/jog...Thank goodness you were there to call 911 for the lady who fell. My mom, David and I almost got run over by runners last Sunday..People are going crazy. Please remember your sunscreen...
Chris didn’t start drinking again....He had a temper tantrum...He apologized by text because I wouldn’t answer the phone. I accepted his apology by text but I’m not ready for chit chat. He has to know he can’t talk to me that way. I told him in the text so it’s very clear.
It’s 12pm and I didn’t take my shower yet. I’ll do that now....
Have a good day girls..BBL

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@bling_dream19 I totally loved wonder woman too! :lol: I recall making myself a WW tiara out of cardboard and tinfoil and leaping around the house in red welly boots brandishing my skipping rope. :shock:
@MamaBee I am glad things seem to have settled and you recieved an apology. I am glad you are putting boundaries in place.
@junebug17 So pleased your brother got the all clear. Such a stressful time though.
@springerspaniel How's ellie doing?

It is totally pouring with rain here and feels almost autumnal which is very bizarre. Hey ho the good ol' British weather. Mind you it's better than being warm. I hate the heat!

Take care everyone x

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Bayek Is John’s eye clearing up? I hope it’s not bothering him. If I get a piece of anything in my eye I’m such a baby.
Have you seen Mike and Cara? Autie is in daycare now, right? I miss hugging everyone. I’m a hugger so David is getting more than he wants..He’s tolerating me and even will pat me on the back. I must seem pathetic even to him. :lol:
Have you made any decisions for tile? Appliances?
@bling_dream19 You are cookie enabling me..I’m looking at cookie recipes now. I’m not a baker so this should be interesting.
Wonder Woman made me dizzy watching her spin around in circles..:sick:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like my men with no bells!!!

Hi everyone! @missy I can't believe they gave you the wrong info. You are my hero for giving them a piece of your mind. Great to stand up for yourself.

@AV_ I keep trying to guess where you live and what you do! It sounds so exotic and mysterious.

@bling_dream19 you are such a wonderful cook--everything you post looks so delicious.

Ellie the Springer is doing as well as can be expected. I'm a little apprehensive to tell people, because it is so out of the ordinary--the GI surgery was to see if she was clear to have brain surgery to remove a non-malignant, apparently very accessible tumor. So weird to think about. As @missy would say--OY, the vet bills! Meanwhile, my husband and I say that we would never have the same problem with Clyde (Avatar picture) because he has no brain...

Ya me neither!!!!! LOL Healing vibes across the miles to Ellie...…..

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@MamaBee how nice you got to see Noah and had some nice visits with Scott and Allie. Sorry about the runners coming so close with you and your mom. Yes, snow is beautiful and I’ve seen snow storms every month of the year here but we are having beautiful weather today. B&J’s chocolate chip ice cookie dough cream is one of my favorites. I am so glad Chris wasn’t drinking but no excuse for him talking nasty to you; at least he realized it and apologized.

@canuk-gal you were quite ambitious today. Woo hoo! That is too bad to have discourteous riders around. Sigh. Oh no to that poor woman who fell and smashed her face. Ouch. And that poor little girl. I hope your sunburnt nose is better.

@Bayek I can send you some snow but it may not survive the trip. You’ll be going nice bag of water, Marcy. I did pack ice cubes in my BIL’s lunch one time and had the same results. Ha Ha. Mother of pearl backsplash and gray cabinets will look great together. Sweet. I hope John’s surgery went well and he mends quickly.

@bling_dream19 those cookies look delicious and yes what a great breakfast. Good idea, I like it. I have about a dozen of my PB cookies left in the freezer but I am have been hearing chocolate chip cookies calling my name. I’d like to give some to those poor guys that have to take our temperature but bring in food to share is not approved right now. That’s awesome you only have 2 more areas of the house to organize; you are kicking butt at that. Nice. I am doing okay at work. Your cooking looks so good I’d love to be stuck at your house for a week or so; mmm delicious.

@AV_ sorry you are having a chilly summer so far but hopefully that changes soon. Frozen cherries sound great. My mom used to get big canisters of frozen cherries that she’d can and make a few pies for the freezer. Me and my sisters used to go dig out a few scoops and eat them all the time. Delicious.

@missy darn for rainy and stormy weather. I hope PT went well. I am so sorry about the mess up for Greg’s pre surgery check. That is great they will let you wait for him at the hospital next week. You’ll feel better being there with him. Yay for FriYAY tomorrow. Mmm Greg’s cherry vanilla ice cream sounds great. We’ve been buying Blue Bunny cherry chocolate chunk ice cream; it’s delicious.

@Austina everyone talking about cherries is making me want some. I best see if we’ve got them out here yet. That’s great LASIK worked so well for you. I bet you like having Bella’s ring a little larger; I usually wear a 6 or 6.5 on my left hand but my ering and all my bands are a 7 and I like them that way. I have trouble in the summer with rings being tight because of the heat. Yes, we occasionally have that in Wyoming - shocking I know. LOL. I am hoping you can go out and see friends in person soon. Good plan to not listen to those stupid reporters that are asking gotcha questions - I used to be a news junkie now I hardly watch it. There are so many positive, wonderful things and people out there let’s show some of those stories on the news. That is great news Adam is on track for September. Hoping that goes smoothly and as planned.

@springerspaniel I totally laughed at your comment about men with bells. I need to put one of Marty he manages to scare me way more often than I’d care to admit. I am glad to hear Ellie is doing well and I hope they can remove that tumor. Big hugs to her.

@Niffler75 that Wonder Woman meme is priceless. I love it. I hope the gray, rainy weather clears up. Summer will be back.

I started a batch of laundry when we got home, did the dishes and now plan on relaxing. The new temporary setting arrangement at work came out today and I spent over 1/2 of my day moving. It wore me out. Luckily I have a double cube so basically I switched the TV and my PC from one corner to the other then I had to move and clean everything. I have WAY too much junk at work. I had a larger under desk filing cabinet by where the TV used to be so I had to find a normal sized filing cabinet and swap it out. The first one I snagged was that lady we let go in December and I felt like I needed a hazmat suit to clean it. It was SOOOOOO gross. It had crumbs all through it, sticky stuff and 2 pieces of hard candy stuck in a drawer. I swapped it for a different filing cabinet. Ewe. Now tomorrow I won’t be able to find anything.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! Happy FriYAY.

@MamaBee be careful, people are maddening at times. They do not pay attention. One has to not only drive and cycle defensively one must walk defensively. Stay safe out there.

@Austina we returned the ozone machine yesterday (UPS came to us and picked it up) and I bought a different machine. I will let you know what I think when it arrives. It looks to be pretty good. A little more expensive but if it works it is worth it. How are you guys doing? Did you enjoy a walk yesterday?

@Bayek hey girlie sending you continued good vibes and big hugs. How is John doing? How is his vision? Thinking of you and lots of love to you and your family.

@marcy gosh you were busy at work rearranging everything and haha I hear you on not being able to find anything today at work. LOL. But yay it's FriYAY so that counts for something right? Glad you got everything done at home re chores yesterday and glad you finally got to relax. Your blue bunny cherry chocolate chunk ice cream sounds delish. But lol on the bunny part. I know you kwim.

@bling_dream19 anything new happening? How's work going? What are your weekend plans? Woohoo it's friYAY. Gets here so fast. Our next 3 weeks are super busy and I will be relieved when we are in mid July and hopefully done with most of our medical appointments. Have a lovely FriYAY dear bling dream. Oh and yes to freezing those delicious cookies. I want some so much. LOL my sweet tooth is strong.

@Slick1 continued good thoughts for you and your upcoming procedure next week. I will be holding good thoughts and sending you lots of positive vibes for a successful outcome. What are your weekend plans? How are your sweet kids doing?

@Niffler75 so glad the teacher is wonderful and things are moving along smoothly and falling into place. One day at a time. That is nice to hear. Sending you continued good vibes and hugs across the many miles. And haha love that meme with Wonder Woman. I grew up watching her. She rocks. And so do you.

@AV_ I agree. I do not like hospitals at all. Especially now. But we shouldn't put off Greg's kidney stone removal any longer and I just want that procedure and day to be over and hopefully the stones gone soon after. Fingers crossed. You live in a heavenly place and I am so glad you love it.

@springerspaniel I am keeping Ellie in my thoughts for everything to proceed smoothly and for the tumor to be successfully removed. Hugs to both of you.

@MJ_Mac how are things going? Same craziness here. Sending you lots of good vibes and hugs and hope you have a lovely weekend.

@canuk-gal thank you for your book recommendation. I am going to see if I can get it before Greg's surgery next week and perhaps read it while I wait. I prefer a hard copy vs a kindle copy so not sure I can get it that fast. Are you riding today? We are planning on it and it is going to be a hot day. Speaking of bells not only do we have that we have a big fat whistle (and horn) too! And Greg uses it as necessary and it's been necessary. I mean the beaches and roads are crowded with people now since most are still not working. Please go back to work everyone already oy.

So HVAC guy is coming in a little while (super early) from the rescheduled appointment a little over a week ago. Then we are off cycling after I do the household chores and work out too. Yeah I am tired just thinking about all I have to do before we leave today. PT went well yesterday and I drove and we ran errands too. Finally got to TJs and got some extra things I wanted to and it was an OK day.

Enjoy a lovely FriYAY girls and hello to everyone. Hugs.

LOL leaving you with Gracie and Oliver as Greg was getting them into their playpen so we could feed all 4 civilly.

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 6.04.09 AM.png

Look at Gracie's paws. They are huge.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so glad you got the machine picked up and didn‘t have to go out to send it off @missy. We’re using ours quite a bit lately, we ‘quarantine’ our deliveries in the utility room, and have started putting it on in there for 15 minutes (small room) and then open the door from the outside to vent the room. The ozone smell is very strong afterward, and you need to be careful. We also used it in our downstairs cloakroom. Next time we use it, we’re going to put our phones, keys and CCs near it to sanitise those too. The UV doesn’t harm the phones, and better than wiping them with something that could cause damage. I know you’ll feel a lot happier waiting at the hospital for Greg, and a good book is a great way to pass the time. I hope the HVAC guy has been and fixed the issue and you’ve got your chores done and are able to get out and have a good ride. It poured all day yesterday, so we just stayed in and waited for our delivery. Love the photo of those 2 scamps :lol:

It must be a relief that Chris isn’t drinking again @MamaBee, but absolutely no excuse to be verbally abusive. I hope he’s learned his lesson that it’s not going to get him anywhere. Is Shatzie coming over this weekend?

You had a very busy day @marcy, are you finding you get more done at home now you leave work earlier? Yuk to having to clear up someone else’s mess, definitely eew to finding sticky sweets in a drawer. I often think I should put a bell on Colin when we’re out, especially at huge places like Costco, I used to constantly tell him to not wander off or be out of my sight :mrgreen:

I hope Ellie is doing well @springerspaniel, your comment about Clyde being brainless made me literally laugh out loud.

I saw your ring in your thread @Niffler75, I hope you can get it polished and your stone set soon, because it’s turned out really well.

Do you have any plans for the weekend @AV_ ?

Hope John is doing OK @Bayek, scary times there, Adam rang yesterday and said the infection rate is on the rise, stay in and stay safe.

We managed to get out for a walk this morning, and back in time just before the rain started.

Another week over and weekend with nothing to do :D Oh well, looks like we’ll be staying in!

:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello to all NIRDIs!

@Austina when you and Colin visit I'll make you guys my cinnamon rolls, I love cinnamon rolls and they love my hips. The world is crazy, Mike told me yesterday that since Auti has gone back to daycare he's now got a fever and a dry cough..Lord. so no Autumn time again this weekend :( sending caring and love to you and the family Austina. :) xoxoxo

@missy how are YOU? you are so kind to me, lucky Kate the GREAT!.. today is my 50th high school reunion Online :) so I am on the committee so I've been crazy busy with that and John's eye and the house etc etc. How's Greg.. Monday is checkup day. give him my love .. YOU take care of Marvelous Missy.. please Missy.. I have to go up to the house and John is looking at me like 'we have to go NOW' but I will be back to check later. xoxoxoxo

@junebug17 June, glad to read about your brother - how's the weather? we had a heat index of 112 F Tuesday,... hell that was hot.. hope the DS and DD and DH are all well Junie.. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Okay I gotta leave with the Mr. as we need to get up to the house site. but here's a few pix from yesterday.

IMG_20200611_131746.jpg IMG_20200611_131829.jpg IMG_20200611_131858.jpg IMG_20200611_132042.jpg

All that stuff is sand ha! looks like snow.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy FriYAY friends! I hope everyone is well and happy :mrgreen2:
Yay I just finished work for the day and it's time to chill and take a walk. My sweetheart nieces are turning 9 on Sunday so we are doing a zoom call. It will be my first birthday without them. Tonight's menu is halibut, homeade potato salad and salad...easy and delicious Friday night meal!
@marcy I would feed you like a queen if you came here! My husband and I keep saying, we are not suffering during this quarantine when it comes to food. We are very grateful. I just love to cook. And now that I don't have to commute, I have a little more time to make food.
@MamaBee the cookies are yummy! Here's the recipe: https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/peanut-butter-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies-flourless-no-butter/
I doubled the recipe and halved the sugar and they came out great. I hope you get to spend time with your hubby this weekend. And I'm so glad to hear your son is doing well and you really set him straight.
@missy I would bring you those cookies if I could! Maybe Greg could make them for you? I'm so glad you get to be at the hospital for Greg and he will get the surgery and then no more worries. Any new fun leggings or have you switched to dresses? My uniform are Costco 32 degrees capris, and Costco v neck cotton t-shirt...comfy and throw on some bling! I try a little bit at night because I am a newlywed lol and throw on a maxi dress and bling! Anyhoo, hugs to you sweet Missy.
@Austina Good idea about staying in lol! I'm quite enjoying it truly.
Hello and sparkles to all! My brain is fried so I'm signing off for now.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Good to see Gracie - she is living up to her name! Do you still need to keep the peace among the cats?

@MamaBee Happy to hear about Chris, not so happy to hear about your lacking huggs; I can't say I knew the two people with alcohol habits in my family, only the fallout from their way of life & even that remotely, but I sure do miss so many people these days - everyone is much more on line, so we re-connect, but only this little, I'l have to throw the mother of all parties in the foreseable future [not soon, but foreseable]

@Austina I sure did have plans for the weekend, involving a hike & some hot springs [wilderness where the usual etiquette is to keep out of sight of anyone else, not arm length] - it is cold & windy & it rained each of the last few nights, so the warm spring must be cold too, & the only thing that would be as pleasant as that hike is my work, of course, so that's what I'll be doing, I think. I need some pita bread too, so there will be baking [a stuffed one, methinks - sheep cheese & its rind, herbs, olive oil on the side to dip; I don't really like anything else as much.]

& now that I am writing about the weekend it sounds good even to me... Happy end of the week to everyone who is reading!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Caturday Saturday!

@Austina good afternoon dear Austina. I am glad you are making good use of your ozone machine. Still waiting for ours. Thanks for the tips on how to use it. Yes our HVAC guy arrived promptly and took care of our system and all is good. He was here 90 minutes and he was very thorough. They sent us their top guy and he came before working hours began. We are very pleased with their service. How often can one say that these days? I am glad you got a walk in before the rain yesterday. We had a lovely day sunny and dry yesterday and enjoyed cycling and today the same but cooler (so even nicer as it is still a good temp in the mid 70s F I think) but I do believe rain might be coming tomorrow. Any walks planned for today? Hey to Colin and hugs to both of you.

@AV_ they are all (a bit) calmer. Thank you for asking. Gracie was hanging out with Tommy (!!!) the other day. So wonders never cease because she enjoyed chasing him a lot but well it's a bit more peaceful now woohoo.

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 6.18.23 AM.png

I hope you do get to enjoy a hike no matter the weather and also engage in worthwhile writing. Sounds like the purrrrfect (minus the kitties) weekend. Enjoy. And big hugs AV.

@bling_dream19 a big happy birthday to your sweet nieces! Happy 9th birthday to them both. Your menu last night sounded so yummy. I love your daily outfits and I hear you on being a newlywed so dressing with a bit more effort in the evenings. I have no such pretense anymore haha. I have about a dozen new leggings but they are all still waiting to be altered by my DH as the waist needs to be taken in still. Despite my gaining weight I still need a bit of alteration on them before I wear them and life has been too busy for Greg to be able to take that time and do that. So I continue wearing all my other colorful leggings and also sundresses (without leggings) so I am all set on that front. I didn't need more leggings but haha I couldn't resist. What are your plans for the weekend? Hope your weather is as lovely as ours is and you enjoy. As for the cookies if there is a gluten free version please share the recipe but no worries if there is not. I definitely don't need baked goods lol though yes I want them. I am so happy you enjoy cooking and can work from home so you can do it all. XOXO.

@Bayek Kate the very great and wise and wonderful! How was the house check yesterday? How is John doing today? Glad his checkup is Monday and hope he is healing well and his vision is nice and clear. Doing my best to take care of all of us but it sure is challenging these days. One day, one hour at a time. Spoke with my MIL and she is in decent sprits and had her weekly injection yesterday. She has a good attitude or should I say cattitude despite not being a cat person. LOL. Love the most recent house pics and yassss to sand. I love sand. No in the house though but outside is good. Hi to John and Katie and Chris and Auti and all the rest of your family and please please stay safe in Texas. XOXO.

@Slick1 hope your weekend is off to a good start. I am taking it as a good sign the date of Greg's surgery that coincides with your mom's birthday. Sending you big hugs and continued bucketloads of healing good luck dust for next Thursday. XOXO.

@MamaBee how is everything going? Is your DH visiting today? Hope it is peaceful and calm and all is well. Sending you good thoughts and big hugs for a happy weekend. (((Hugs))).

@springerspaniel lol I laughed at your comment about Clyde. I often think/feel the same way about our kitties. None are the brightest but I love them all. Hope Ellie is continuing to do very well and big hugs to all of you.

@marcy did you have an astronomy meeting last night? How did work go yesterday? Any weekend plans? How's lifting going? Sorry for all the questions but I am thinking of you and hoping the snow is over. XOXO.

@junebug17 happy anniversary and birthday! What a gorgeous ring. Stunning. :love: Wear it in good health and blingy joy. Hope you have a lovely weekend in SC. XOXO.

@Daisys and Diamonds checking in with you Nicky. How are things going? Hope Melanie is doing OK and that all is going well. Sending you hugs and good wishes.

@MJ_Mac good morning, hope the rest of your week went well and was/is headache free. Hope you enjoy a lovely and fun weekend. Hugs.

@Niffler75 good afternoon, hope you are having a wonderful weekend. XOXO.

@canuk-gal hope you are doing well and enjoying a good weekend. Sending you hugs and lots of good wishes across the miles. And all the bet to your loved ones too. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else, hope all is well. We hit 1000 miles yesterday on the bike since we started cycling in May so woohoo. I am not really concentrating on that but since Greg mentioned it haha I did take a pic at the end of our ride yesterday.

We did 61 miles yesterday bringing our grand total up to 1014 miles so far. Not bad considering all we are doing besides cycling.

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 6.39.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 6.39.26 AM.png

Have a wonderful Saturday lovely ladies and sending you all big hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops, forgot a few more pics for you lovely ladies. Ice cream and beach pics to share some good cheer. The sea was a wonderful shade of blue green yesterday with super blue skies. No editing fyi. These are the true blue colors. Hope you enjoy. XOXO.

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 6.41.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 6.42.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 6.41.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 6.41.39 AM.png

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, well not much going on here. Had a quiet family day, out for a walk then a film and tacos for tea! :mrgreen2:
@missy How are you guys? Any need for any wonder woman tiara flinging today? :lol: Gracie probably has the largest paws on a cat I have seen!
@Bayek Hope you are ok and that John continues to heal nicely.
@Slick1 Sending my best wishes and continued thoughts.
@MamaBee We are into challenging sensory processing territory here with summer, heat and bugs not being my sons fave things! :shock: Hope things continue to be settled with you?

So, anyone up for a mystery? I picked up a little bargain on ebay from the US for £30, looked like someone having a bit of a brick a bracket clear out. This ring has no hallmarks but sold as silver. I recognised the design. It is absolutely identical to a Michellia jewellery design, the Elena ring. It is really lovely. Here is my ring.

20200613_145319.jpg

And the Michellia ring below with lab sapphire and diamonds which comes in 14k/18k white gold.

il_570xN.1804695281_ihg4.jpg

I will take it to get the metal tested but are the hallmarking regulations in the US different? Thanks everyone x

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I was completely lost at work yesterday not knowing where anything was; the funnies part was I am used to looking to the left to see my TV and now it’s not there. Oh wait I am supposed to be working not watching TV. It is funny I’ve been buying blue bunny ice cream; it’s good plus comes in a plastic container which keeps it fresh instead of the usual cardboard containers. I know you are looking forward to having your medical appointments and Greg’s surgery behind you. Best wishes on them all. A bell and a whistle are definitely good safety measures for riding and I know you haves have a flag on your bike too. You certainly have busy and full days. Is feeding the kitties in their own playpens working well? Good idea. I am glad the kitties have settled down and play well together now. I bet you are relieved to have the AC working again. Our astronomy meetings are cancelled indefinitely since we hold them in a retirement center. Work was okay, the snow melted quickly and we do have weekend plans for a change. We bought plants this morning and got our buckets planted. Tomorrow my sister and BIL are coming to visit and we are going to lunch. They are excited to be paroled for a day. Woo hoo to over 1000 miles already on the bike. Congratulations. Beautiful beach photos and the ice cream looks delicious.

@Austina I am doing the same things in the evening after work but can set down and relax sooner. It is amazing how different just 30 minutes can make. Also Marty is gone 3 mornings so sometimes I can get his dishes rinsed and in the dishwasher before heading out in the morning. I just “have” to get the dishes done as soon as possible. I totally chucked at you telling Colin not to wander off in busy stores; I try the same with dismal results. Also my “crazy eye” seems to be really bad for facial recognition so I have a hard time finding him - tall, shaved head, muscular guys are everywhere. Yay for beating the rain when you went out for a walk.

@Bayek woo hoo for the framing coming along. How is John doing after his surgery?

@bling_dream19 happy birthday to your nieces. Darn you can’t celebrate in person. Yes, you and your DH do eat well and obviously you are a good cook. I am glad you have the time and are enjoying cooking. Your daily uniform sounds comfy and it is a good idea to add some bling.

@AV_ I hope you can have your big party soon. Darn the weather cancelled your hiking plans but working and making pita bread sound pretty great too.

@Niffler75 your family days sounds perfect. The ring you bought certainly looks like the one in the picture. Very pretty.

I have had a busy day. I got up before 7 and we went to Lowes to pick out flowers for our ceramic pots. That is the time to go; there were maybe 3 or 4 other people in the greenhouse with me. Naturally I picked up too many flowers but a friend of mine is coming to get my dozen or so leftovers. We put all the flowers on the porch and Marty headed to the gym to meet one of his clients. He picked me up at about 11 and we went to Home Depot to look for spikes for our pots. They looked kind of nasty but picked the 3 best ones they had. After we picked up the spikes we stopped and ate lunch at Outback. It was hot planting the flowers but we got them planted. Our new neighbors stopped by and introduced themselves; they seemed very nice. Now we are watching golf and being lazy. I should start laundry but that can wait.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@marcy my DH is watching golf also. And he is definitely lazy. LOL
@missy great pictures as always. You are making great headway on your cycling! Cycled to the market yesterday and walked. Walked again today and got some take out on my way home.
@Niffler75 cute new ring!

NIRDI shout out! Hope all are well.:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Caturday friends! The day has flown. Today was the anniversary of my husband and I meeting. My hubby grilled a delicious dinner along with salad. Thank you for all the well wishes for my sweethearts birthdays tomorrow! They have grown up soo much and I m so grateful for all of the memories. I also wanted twins and I'm just happy my sister had them. Love and hugs to you all!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results