shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@AV_ you don’t like driving? I do except for in big cities.

I never did drive beyond what it took to get a license among wild, old town traffic. Then, there came decades of living on campus or just next to work, so I have long since lost the driving license. Truth be told, this township is all withing walking distance & my favorite passtime is walking - streets, mountains etal.

03:17

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That totally makes sense @AV_ Where we live you need a car, we are spread out and there really isn’t any public transportation.

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls, it's Manic Monday. How did Monday get here so fast?

@Bayek I agree with everything you wrote. First the unpleasant stuff. Yes I felt they were being mean girls. I know what it is like being on the receiving end of that and I am so sorry. I am always here for you. PS should be a safe place. I never told you this but someone made it an unpleasant place for me to be and then I decided no way am I letting her chase me away from my girls so I just ignore her now. All this to say I understand and I am always here for you. As for the state of the world I am so sad too. There are days I don't see the forest for the trees and I don't know how we can just go on. We have to fix things. We have to make it right. We have to make the world a better place for everyone. Everyone. My heart breaks daily. Amazing how resilient our hearts and souls can be. Even when we don't think we can survive we somehow do.

LOL re Chris throwing that stop sign incident back to you. Yes, do as I say and not as I do LOL. I promise I am going to be super careful from now on and I am sending you bucketloads of love and hugs and good luck dust for all you have going on in life. And Greg says thank you for all your good wishes. I am not happy he is going under general anesthesia again but I have no vote in this. The surgeon can do it without IMO but he won't. Sigh. OK onwards and upwards and we will never stop fighting for justice and what is right. Big hugs to my great Kate the wise and wonderful.

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 6.28.01 AM.png

@bling_dream19 ooh that salsa looks delish! Yes the JS misses you and so do I. Looking forward to the time we can GTG at Days and enjoy the sand and sea together. I am glad you had a relaxing weekend and spent some time with your sweethearts too. XO.

@Niffler75 love those merelani mint garnets and that heart. What are your plans with them? And yasss having a source for gemstones is fantastic and like @marcy I'd be baking them cookies all the time too lol. How was your weekend and how is your sweet son doing? Hugs.

@marcy oh no I hate hearing that someone might have taken a winning ticket from you. I hope that wasn't the case. And I think you had a great and productive weekend because you did do a lot. And you did lift despite taking breaks. The fact that you did it is what counts. There are days it is hard to get going and it is hard to continue so don't be so hard on yourself. You are amazing just for having lifted IMO. Glad Marty made you lunch and yes to relaxing from chores. It was the weekend after all. Hope your Monday goes well. XO.

@AV_ your description of the June rain is lovely. And makes me want to go out and feel it on my face. Hope you enjoyed a wonderful weekend and that your week is off to a good start. XO.

@springerspaniel wow lifting 40lbs of dog makes you very strong. It is hard enough lifting barbells but a dog that is moving is even harder. Impressive. How is Ellie doing this AM? Thinking of her and hoping she is recovering nicely. Hugs to her and you.

@Austina hope the rest of your weekend went well. All that I ordered on your recommendation came but we haven't had the energy to read the instructions and use it yet lol. You know how busy we are but I ordered it for a reason so we have to get going on that. Do you air the rooms out for a full 40 minutes after use?

@Slick1 hugs and good morning to you my sweet friend. I hope you had a great rest of your weekend and that you are having a lovely Monday. XO.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well and that everyone enjoyed a nice weekend. We went cycling again yesterday and hit 800 miles so far since we started cycling mid May. And of course enjoyed more ice cream. It's another lovely day here and action packed too. So much to do not sure if we will get to cycle today. I hope we can but we shall see. Have a wonderful Monday all. And (((HUGS))).

I had dairy free Madagascar Vanilla (bottom) and Hazelnut Chocolate (top) and Greg had Rocky Road. Yummmmm. Hope everyone's road is NOT rocky and it's smooth sailing for all the NIRDIs.

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 6.39.06 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 6.50.08 AM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I hope the surgery is still simple & fast, fast forgotten. Warm hugs to you & fingers crossed for both!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oooo yum @bling_dream19, I :kiss2: Salsa, yours looks delicious, the hotter the better for me. When we’ve visited Shirley we go to a Mexican restaurant, and I’d be more than happy just to have the salsa, although the rest of the food is always delicious. Did you have a good weekend?

Sending a big hug to you and Ellie @springerspaniel, hopes she’s doing well and her recovery is on track.

I think the whole world has gone mad @Bayek, I keep hoping I’m going to wake up and everything will be calm again. If only ..... Honestly, I’m amazed at how quickly some threads turn, someone asks a question, and the next thing you know, the holier than thous are jumping on their high horses. I’mI hope work on the house is progressing, and each day you’re getting nearer to being in your lovely new home. Hope all is well with you and the family and you’re all staying safe. I hope you saved me a cinnamon bun. :drool:We’re all good here and there!

Ah phooey to your missing ticket @marcy, what‘re the chances is was the winning one? Perhaps the next one will be the jackpot winner. Well done for lifting even though you didn’t feel like it. I think most of our motivator-ometers are kaput, coupled with not being able to do things anyway, sometimes there doesn’t seem a lot of point, but we plod on. There WILL be better times, just have to hang on till they come along.

I think you will definitely win the Ice Cream Eating Gold Medal @missy, and the good news is, with the lifting and cycling, it’s guilt free! :mrgreen: We used our UV/ozone steriliser yesterday in the orangery, and yes, we do air it out thoroughly because the ozone smell is pretty strong. Hopefully that means it’s doing it’s thing and getting rid of any nasties. Did you manage to get out for a ride today?

How’re all the other lovely NIRDIs doing? We spent more time in the garden yesterday, managed to get some plants transplanted and tidied up just before the heavens opened. Shirley popped up early, so I spent 3 hours yesterday afternoon chatting to her, and she was OK, a bit confused to start with, but settled down after a while.

We went to the driving range this morning, and I did some cleaning this afternoon while Colin moved the logs at the bottom of the garden so we can tidy up that area, hopefully tomorrow.

I had a good telephone conversation with a friend earlier, hopefully between the predicted rain all week, we can find time to get together for a cup of tea, outside and socially distancing :D

Not meeting Sue & Rob tomorrow, they’ve got to stay in for a delivery, so I’m going to do my Zoom Pilates class in the morning, I’m still aching from the last one :lol:

Leaving you with a few photos of my pots that are around the outside of the house

758315 758314 758313 758312 758314 758310

:wavey:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, not much going on here!
As some of you might remember we finally found a school for my son that can meet his needs, but home visits from his new teachers had to stop during to Covid. Well, the good news is they can start again, so long as we are outside and social distancing which is brill news! :appl:
@missy and @Bayek I find myself scanning certain threads and staying off them unfortunately! ::) It's a shame but hey ho!
@missy I hope everything goes smoothly for Greg's upcoming surgery. I am not sure what to do with the mint garnet yet. I just know the material in decent colours is getting quite scarce.
@bling_dream19 Oooh salsa. We love mexican food here. My son has always loved spicy food. I am a pretty good cook but tried to make my own guacamole one day and I have no idea what i did but it turned a horrid grey colour! :eek2:

Take care everyone x

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovelies, hope everyone is having a lovely week so far.

@bling_dream19 aww thank you dear girl. I appreciate all your kind and warm support. Glad your week is going well and hugs to you and your sweet hubby too. Thanks for listening to my worries and concerns. Hugs.

@Niffler75 we must do what we have to for self preservation. Thank you for your good wishes for Greg's surgery. I just found out they will not allow me in the hospital so I cannot be there during his procedure. I do not think that is OK. That is not for the benefit of the patient and it serves no purpose but to make it easier for the staff. I want to be there to advocate and IMO it is NOT OK they refuse to allow me to be there. Just venting. I cannot wait to see what you do with the mint garnet. I am glad you were able to score it. Beautiful colors. Hugs.

@Austina yes we did ride about 52 miles. It was glorious. Speaking of glorious wow your flowers are stunning. The colors so vibrant. Nature is quite amazing isn't she? Thanks for the info re the ozone machine. Greg has yet to read the instructions in full. So much to do and the days go by so fast. Enjoy your Zoom Pilates today. Hugs.

@MJ_Mac good morning to you. Gracie, Oliver, Tommy and Bobby all purr a meowylicious morning to you and your DH and your sweet furries. Oliver wouldn't eat this AM and I am worried. This is the first time ever. Greg said he bet he ate a towel or something (that cat eats anything) but no vomit so far. You know we don't need another thing wrong :(. Anyway sending you bucketloads of well wishes and hope you are feeling well headache free and all your aches and pains gone. Hugs to you.

@springerspaniel how is Ellie doing? Continuing good thoughts and healing vibes and big hugs.

@AV_ thank you dear. Next week. I have to drive back and forth a few times so I know how to get us there and get me back and get there again to pick Greg up. They will not allow me to stay. :( How is your week going? Hugs to you and hope you are enjoying some lovely weather.

@marcy did snow arrive? Crazy world, crazy weather. Hope work went well yesterday. XOXO.

@junebug17 how is your brother doing? Did he get the results of his test back? Thinking of all of you and continued good vibes being sent your way. Hugs.

@Slick1 thank you dear friend for always being here for me. Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and same here. I am sending you so much healing dust for next week's implant and lots of hugs and love. Stay well and be safe. XOXO.

Greg and I managed to do all we needed to and get out and ride. And of course have ice cream. I had it twice again. I am stress eating for sure but at least (I hope) my endocrinologist and rheumatologist will be pleased when they see the numbers on the scale. LOL. Anyway the beautiful weather continues though the heat and humidity will be creeping back in starting today. It's OK because we have had some amazing weather. Rain coming Thursday but probably that will be good because we have a lot of non bike related activities we need to do and the rain will force us to take care of them.

Leaving you with some photos from yesterday's adventures. Hope you enjoy. Have a good Tuesday lovely ladies. XOXO.

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 6.29.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 6.28.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 6.27.37 AM.png

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
@missy....fingers crossed for Greg's surgery. And thanks for the continued pictures of the cycling and seaside and ice cream. Really 3 of my favorite things :)

@Niffler75 Avocado turns brown when exposed to air. Maybe that is the gray you are seeing? If so, try adding a little lemon to it. And, when you store it, press plastic wrap onto the top of the guac..the wrap forms a barrier to keep it from turning brown.

House was organized and cleaned and had my first walkthru Sunday. Party wanted to bring their contractor through, but I have not yet heard back. Did get the house power washed yesterday, wow, what a difference. If this party doesn't buy it, I've got a realtor picked out and they'll sell after I move (at the end of the month, fingers crossed). Back to packing :)

Have a good day ladies.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, look at it this way, if you can’t go to the hospital, you can’t pick up anything there. I know it’s a worrying time, especially now, but Greg is strong, and did really well last time. Maybe it’ll be less worry for him if he knows you’re safe at home xxx

BBL, just finished Pilates and going to have some lunch.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy D'ah! Local icecream has taken a turn for the worse, sure enough & I sure do recall having the best of the best not too far from where you are ,( [FAR] We do have one more thing in common: a need for a little more mass; I am fighting the good fight with some nicely ripen cheese.

Hospitals here do the same - there is no getting in unless one needs to; I find it reassuring, since previous arrangements seemd very lax compared to home country [and it does show - terribly ,( ] Uh...

on my way to rosemary picking

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I'm a bad NIRDI. thank you for all your support Missy, no words .. no ability to express your compassion, cause that is what it is, you have compassion for me, I ain't perfect but I think in my whole life that I have tried to be good and caring and strong.. so Missy my darling friend! thank you.. soooo your ice cream makes me want to move to the Jersey shore, actually every dang pix you put up makes me wish I lived by the ocean.. things seem to be tough Missy, know I'm with you and here always, call me if you want, basically we have been going to the house site in hopes they started framing Nope! but it's a bit of a drive and walk around the think things etc and talk and feel free if you get me.. :) so my fam is fine I'm going to put up a pix of Autie on insta, Mike, Cara and Cara's brother, wife and their son (4) went out on the lake and Miss Autumn Marie was NOT amused.. it was nap time not fun on the lake time. :) I also am going to put up a few drone pixs of the foundation the neighbor guy took and send to John. :) Missy tomorrow is John's lasik and cataract operation and I'm not allowed in either, it's only a 2 hour procedure, starting at 9 so I will sit outside since it's down in Round Rock TX and read my kindle. Greg will be fine, he's strong, he's got the best and strongest woman I know, and we want these BAD stones gone. I'm watching here today for sure.. LOVE YOU and Greg and the fam.. xoxoxox

@Austina I am strong willed which means I don't budge sadly, I always want to right what I THINK is a wrong, not everyone and always get's me into trouble Austina, I try.. everyone has a right to their opinion for sure. How's things in Britain? are you having marches also? I have been so busy looking at tile and lights etc blah blah.. :) hope Adam and Kim are not toooo hot - today over 100F Austina.. we are getting the remnants of the tropical storm that hit Louisiana - no rain, just the heat and humidty! ... miss you lady and look forward to getting together this YEAR we hope.. hello to Colin! xoxo

@marcy hey! how's work? someone steal a ticket from you? I gotta read back. jeeze. xoxox

@AV_ rosemary picking? I love rosemary.. send me some! ;-) xoxo

I'll be back to check after lunch.

I will leave you with a few drone pixs of my foundation for your fun view!

drone4.jpg drone3.jpg drone2.jpg drone1.jpg

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Bayek Loving the drone pics. I hope things go smoothly tomorrow for John. For a 2 hour procedure I would camp outside too!
@TechieTechie Thanks for the guacamole tip. I may try again. ;)2
@missy I know what you mean about wanting to be at the hospital for Greg. Will it be done as a day procedure?
We are meeting with my son's new teacher tomorrow (social distancing in the garden) so will let you know how it goes.
Take care everyone! x

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick post as we just got back from cycling and I need to take a shower and do a few things...

@Bayek you are the furthest thing from a bad NIRDI. You ROCK in all ways girlie and I LOVE you. I know you are here for me always and I am always here for you. GOOD LUCK to John tomorrow re his LASIK. I will be thinking good thoughts and sending bucketloads of healing dust to him and big hugs to you. I am here for you. I love the drone photos. XOXOXO.

@Niffler75 it's a day procedure hopefully. I guess it depends on how he does. They are giving him general anesthesia so that always makes me nervous. Good luck meeting your son's new teacher tomorrow. Hugs.

@Austina our Ozone thing doesn't seem to work...there is no light that turns on and no smell so I guess back it has to go unless Greg can fix it or figure it out. I was so hoping it would be the answer we needed, oh well. How was your Zoom Pilates? Hope you enjoyed it and also had a good lunch. You are right that I won't pick up Covid at the hospital but since Greg will be there I would like to be there too. If he gets it I will get it anyway but you are right in that it is safer for me not to be there. Hugs.

@AV_ I hear you. I have already gained 11 lbs since last summer and so far I am feeling good with the extra weight. Hope I don't go overboard lol. Your cheese sounds so good and I am glad you are winning the fight too. Now if we can just find you some good ice cream to help you along...speaking of good ice cream...

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 3.25.09 PM.png
Yummmmm.

Oh and the beaches and boardwalks were crazy busy! I mean just nuts. NO social distancing at all. I predict a huge uptick in Covid 19 cases and I fear the worst. SMH because it really was mayhem today. On a Tuesday. It has to be because everyone is off work still and the weather is amazing. But not so amazing for keeping us well. Oh and it's official. We are in a recession since Feb 2020. Not sure why since Feb but there you have it. OK last pic for now. The crazy beaches. Oy to the vey.

beachesmobbed.jpeg

beachescrowded.jpeg

Have a great rest of your afternoon girls and @Bayek GOOD LUCK for John tomorrow!!!! Will be thinking of you both and holding good thoughts for a very successful procedure. (((HUGS))).

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lovelies

@missy, did you check that the remote has batteries? I only ask because Colin said exactly the same thing “It doesn’t work” so I looked at the remote, and sure enough, it needed batteries :lol:

Honestly, I do understand that you want to be there, but Greg knows you’ll be there in spirit, and it’s the same protocol here, everyone is just trying to be as safe as possible. I’ll be thinking about you both, and wishing you well. The beach photos are pretty much what’s going on here, the only good thing is that being outdoors is supposed to be safer, but who knows? I suppose only time will tell if there’s a second wave because of people not social distancing. Oy indeed.

Good luck to John tomorrow @Bayek, I’m sure it’ll all go well. My lasek treatment was only a few seconds, and the cataract surgery is usually really quick too. Love the photos of the foundation, it really gives a great overview.

That’s great news about the meet up with the teacher @Niffler75, hope it all goes well.

Is the rosemary growing wild there @AV_

Yikes to your crazy weather @marcy, I can’t believe you’ve got snow.

Pilates was fine, I think I actually prefer doing it via Zoom than going to class. We did pop out to the shops this afternoon, we’d heard it was pretty quiet after 3pm, and it was. We went to a small supermarket, and had to queue outside for a few minutes, I think there were only about 20 people inside, so we split up, grabbed what we needed and were out in less than 10 minutes.

I hope all the other NIRDIs are doing well and keeping safe, it’s getting late here, and we’re off to bed :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Walked and walked and walked today. Lovely weather!!!!!! My feet are tired!!

@missy I understand your concern about not being present for Greg immediately post op, but your safety is important also. Our restrictions are still the same here, as well.

@Bayek much success tomorrow!

@marcy did you say snow??? Gosh the hair on my arm just stood up!

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good evening girls..I hope everyone is doing okay..I’m getting very homesick...but hanging in...
@Bayek I hope everything goes smoothly for John tomorrow. I love the drone pic of your house foundation. I would love to help you pick out finishes. My husband won't do a new buuld. He has to see it so we usually get one that’s at least twenty years old. I hope when we move to Virginia he will consider it. I want new...so I could pick out my own finishes and no old bathrooms and kitchens that need to be updated.
I don’t know who hurt you on another thread because I don’t read as many now that David is home...but that makes me so mad. You are one of the nicest people on PS. I got attacked in the very beginning over my previous setting. I’m glad I decided not to let them run me off. I realized later that she was just mean...to anyone that she didn’t agree with. This thread is our safe place...with nice people...:bigsmile:
@Niffler75 I’m happy you will get to meet with your son’s school rep. David has one that is so nice. She’s very young but has a big heart which is important. She’s expecting her first child so David may get a sub while she’s on maternity leave. We just had a Zoom meeting for his ISP. I hope the sub is nice...
@Austina Your flowers in the blue pots are so pretty. I was able to get four hanging baskets but no potting plants..Fortunately I planted lots of perennials in the front garden which are coming up now. The irrigation system was just turned on. I was leary about having him come but I figured out a way to have him go through the outside cellar into the basement instead of the house. I waited until the next day to lock the cellar door. I didn’t want to walk into his potential virus cloud.:eek-2:
I‘ll be back tomorrow. I have to do this in sections because the tribe is so needy! Haha
Hi to everyone..:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy when is Greg’s surgery? Sending him mega dust for a speedy recovery. Sorry to hear you can’t be at the hospital with him; they just relaxed those rules here this week. Sweet you hit 800 miles on the bike. Your ice cream looks delicious. Yes, the snow arrived in the mountains - as close as 30 miles away. It was a mess too. You should eat all the ice cream you want. The pictures from your ride are awesome and I immediately noticed the kitty canopy. Sweet. As @Austiina said being out in the sun is probably the safest place people can be where germs aren’t being spread.

@Austina homemade salsa is so good. One of my nephews grows assorted hot peppers and a local Mexican restaurant uses his peppers and he and his wife get free dinners there. I think they are both happy with that deal. Marty is always asking for some peppers whenever we see them. Probably the chances of my ticket (based on past experience) is small but it seems strange how it was handled. Your plants are gorgeous. I like the variety and colors. Glad you and Colin got in and out of the store quickly; we try that but then I spend 20 minutes trying to find Marty - he’s tall and easy to spot too.

@Niffler75 that’s great home visits can start again for your son and his new teachers. Merelani mint garnets are not easy to find over here for sure. I had a set but gave it to a friend when I got my tsavorite ring.

@TechieTechie isn’t amazing the difference a power wash can make? I hope the party does buy your place.

@AV_ no for local ice cream taking a turn for the worse; I hope that gets resolved quickly.

@Bayek glad to hear your family is doing well; I’ll look for your pictures on Insta. I hope John’s procedure is quick and painless. Are you enjoying picking out tile and lights for the house? We spent almost an entire day at the construction company making our choices; luckily both of us are fairly decisive. The big difference is I second guess my decisions later. Work is busy this week which makes the days zip by. I don’t know if my ticket was lost at the store or if someone took it; I was suspicious because they said it was my ticket but clearly said it was printed 2 days after I purchased it. Oh well. Your foundation looks great!

@canul-gal that’s great you are having lovely weather and had a long walk. Yes, I said snow. The mountains had about 8”.

@MamaBee sorry you are homesick. How long do you think you’ll stay there? That’s great your perennials are doing well and good deal your irrigation system is up and running.

We had snow very near here last night; it rained and hailed hard here about bedtime. Marty slept through it all. The city on the other side of the mountains had so much wet, heavy snow lots of trees broke. It looks like they had a lot of damage. Our high today was in the 50’s and it’s super windy. My ring showed up a day early after being sized. Woo hoo! It is a little loose but most my rings are in the afternoon. I have been filing in for one of my employees this week (the department that now has 1 employee). I rarely do their work so felt like I was really slow at it yesterday but felt better about it today.

Take care.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Happy to hear of the 11 lbs & no, I doubt you've set a 'trend', my own body seems to only exaggerate downward every now & then, and I hear the same from you [who knows how!] Fingers crossed that the beach crowd is right to be stupid.

@Austina You remember my habits, I am still doing my usual hill walks picking birs of wild fennel, rosemary & a couple of thimes. I like putting some in a simple vinaigrette on pasta & this is what happened yesterday. I wish I could grow these things just because they are so hard to [stubborn onto stubborn].

@Bayek You do need a drone; might they charge twice to be shot?

@marcy The darn icecream is teling me how bad things are for the best bars changing how they do the little they do. Then, snow? seriously!? [frankly, crushed ice with a sherbet sauce on top is high on my icecream list, literally ice & 'crème', & your snow shot brought this useful memory!]

-

catching up

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Thanks so much for the good wishes for my brother - he didn't have covid and he's completely recovered from whatever he did have.

@Bayek, wishing John well on his eye procedure; will be awesome for him to have better vision. Aw, I'm sorry Auti didn't have fun on the boat but it's tough to miss those naps. Love the drone pics of the foundation, very exciting.

@Slick1 , I hope you're feeling much better by now. Sending you love and comfort as you grieve for your sweet Chase. Such a hard time. The pawprint is precious and those socks are adorable.

@missy, I'm really glad Greg's mother opted for treatment and I hope she responds well. Thinking of Tommy and hoping the meds help and he starts improving. It's too bad you can't go to the hospital with Greg but he will be in very good hands and get great care.

@Niffler75, your star sapphire is beautiful and I love your mint garnet heart - what a color. I'm so glad your ds is getting to meet his teacher and I hope everything goes smoothly.

@AV_, lol to vodka ice cream, now that's a winning combination. Your last post made me very hungry...now I want pasta at 11:30 at night.

@Austina, your zoom pilates class is such a great idea. I'm glad you're back to doing a few activities and making plans to see friends. makes life seem a little more normal. Your flowers are just gorgeous.

@MamaBee, sorry to hear you're feeling a little homesick, that's hard. Life has changed a lot for you because of this virus and I know it hasn't been easy for you.

@bling_dream19, your salsa looks absolutely delicious - it's making my mouth water and I'm not kidding.

@marcy, sorry about the lottery ticket, I agree that it seems a little sketchy. Wow, snow in June, now that's a tough one. Sorry about the hail and rain and hopefully the weather warms up for you soon. Good news that your ring is back on your finger, it's so beautiful.

@canuk-gal, so great you're getting out for lots of walks. The fresh air and movement just really helps lift the spirits.

@TechieTechie, sorry you're dealing with some stressful stuff and were upset about the move for a bit. Good idea to focus on the positive things about the move. Sounds like you're making progress and I'm hoping your house sells fast.

@springerspaniel, so happy to hear that Ellie's surgery went well. I know it's so stressful to have an ill furbaby and I hope she recovers quickly.

Dh and I are back in South Carolina. We figured we might as well come back here and stay until he has to go back to the office. We still have some basement clearing out and organizing to do back in NJ but it's nothing that can't wait.

take care all!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@missy, when is Greg's surgery? Sending hugs and love your way! I get what you mean about not being able to be an advocate for Greg--to me, it is worth the risks to make sure someone is speaking up and watching over his care. Working in a hospital, I get to see how the sausage is made, so to speak...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, when is Greg's surgery? Sending hugs and love your way! I get what you mean about not being able to be an advocate for Greg--to me, it is worth the risks to make sure someone is speaking up and watching over his care. Working in a hospital, I get to see how the sausage is made, so to speak...

Thanks and exactly. It is next Wednesday June 17th. Today he is heading there for pre-surgical clearance.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies!

@marcy it's scheduled for next Wednesday. Thanks and I am glad your hospitals are now allowing loved ones to be there. I am looking forward to this all being over and the stones being successfully removed. It's been a haul. But we need to analyze them and figure out why Greg keeps making so many stones. We are now at 903 miles. And yassss to ice cream. I need it. It's like alcohol or drugs to me since I don't do either lol.

Woohoo on your new ring arriving and fitting (even if a bit loose in the afternoon) and oh no to snow but sounds like the brunt of it missed you? Yay for that. Drive safely and enjoy your cool weather. It is warm and humid here...mid 80s F. I am sweating when cycling but it feels good. XOXO

@AV_ yes I agree. Lack of common sense to be sure and most of that crowd looks to be on the younger side so they will be OK. Just hope their parents/grandparents and older loved ones they surely come into contact with will be OK too. I hear you on fluctuating. Right now I vacillate between a few lbs but all of them better than last summer when I was in double digits. Happy to be in the triple digits and I am staying there too. That extra ice cream helps haha. Hugs.

@canuk-gal yay for beautiful long walks and nice weather. XOXO

@Bayek GOOD LUCK to John today!!!! Bucketloads of healing dust and good luck on his eye surgery!!! I will check in later and see how he is doing and in the meantime holding good thoughts for you guys. (((HUGS))).

@junebug17 I am glad you and your DH are in SC. I agree with your thinking and best to enjoy it there for now. Everything will be waiting for you when you return. We might not head back to Brooklyn til next year but we shall see what is best and re evaluate and act accordingly. One day at a time. Enjoy the sun and sea and sand and pool. Hugs.

@Austina yes thanks. That would have been great but he did put the batteries in the remote. The remote is working but the unit isn't. I so wanted it to work but now we have to figure out how to return it without putting ourselves in harms way by going to the store to return it. So that will have to happen before we pass our return period. Thanks for the suggestion though-it is a good one and I wish that was the problem. LOL about Colin and the batteries. Haha that is something I would have done for sure. I am glad you enjoy doing Zoom Pilates. It is certainly more convenient than going out to the class and if you already know the moves you are in good shape for online. I wish we could always do Zoom for medical appointments. It is way more convenient if you don't need tests in office. What are your plans for today? Our weather is hot and humid here with thunderstorms coming tonight and tomorrow. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 by the way I forgot to say your salsa looks amazing. I would love to enjoy your homemade salsa. Yummm. Speaking of yummm I hope you and your DH are enjoying a yummy week with lots of good things happening. Sending you lots of hugs and much love.

@MamaBee we are here for you and I am sorry you are feeling a bit homesick. Sending you lots of hugs and much love and if anyone is mean to you I will beat them up. Just let me know. I am a tough girl from Brooklyn and while I am sweet and nice I am a momma bear if anyone hurts my sweet NIRDIs. Big hugs and lots of love.

@Slick1 sending you lots of well wishes and hugs and hope you are having a good week my friend. XOXO.

@springerspaniel hey again, I hope you have a nice day planned and that all is going smoothly. Sending you lots of hugs and well wishes. And gentle hugs to Ellie and hoping her recovery continues to go smoothly. XOXO.

@TechieTechie how are things progressing? Thinking of you and hoping everything is falling into place smoothly. Hugs and good wishes.

So we have another busy day. Greg is heading to the hospital soon for pre surgical clearance and then our normal routines and hopefully cycling before the thunderstorms come. Have a lovely day girls and big hugs to all of you sweet ladies.

Leaving you with a screenshot from one of the videos I took yesterday. It's the subway during rush hour on the beach. On a Tuesday!

sunsandseaandcrowds.png

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Bayek I hope John is ok today.
@springerspaniel How is Ellie today?
@marcy I love your snowy pics. I would take snow over hot weather any day of the week!
@missy Hope things went smoothly for Greg today!
@MamaBee I'm sorry you are feeling homesick! Take care and be kind to yourself.
@Slick1 Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Well today we met another of my son's new teachers and she is lovely and was absolutely brill with my son. She stayed for a bit longer than planned to play with him. :appl:

I had a new book arrive today all about ethical jewellery so been enjoying reading and looking at sparklies! :mrgreen2:
15918067787717861613913040836347.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@AV_ ice cream is good for the soul; that is all that is important. Some things are life are just worth it. Your crushed ice with sherbet sauce sounds good as well. I like frozen fruit bars too. That snow is something for almost mid June.

@junebug17 that's great news your brother didn't have COVID and is recovered. Yes, our weather has been crazy. I am enjoying my ring today; thank you. Glad you are back in SC and can relax there until DH has to return to the office.

@springerspaniel I hope you are doing well.

@missy I hope Greg's presurgery screening went well. And yes that will be good to get all the stones removed next week. Woo hoo to 903 miles. Ice cream is way better than alcohol or drugs. When we go to dinner I alway opt to split a dessert over having a glass of wine. That snow was crazy but we old had small hail, rain, wind and almost freezing temperatures. We are waming back up to the 80's later this week. Enjoy your gorgeous views.

@Niffler75 well Wyoming gives us way more snow than hot weather and funny thing is I don't like hot weather much at all. Guess I'm a natural for this cold place then. That is awesome your son's teacher was so great. Sweet.

My fill in work was smoother today. I had it and my normal work done by 10:30 this morning. I have some afternoon stuff to finish but that's it. My boss is home sick today so it's quiet around here. I may have to swap my PC & phone around with my TV so I can social distance from a guy on the other side of the cube farm here. He came in today. Where he was before definitely was more than 6 feet from me but now he moved directly across from me. I asked him when he started and his boss said according to the chart I am supposed to set in the other end of my double cube. What's stupid is if that's the case his entire row has to move one cube over; if they'd left them where they were we were all spread out. Common sense is a rare commodity these days. I met a friend for lunch. It was my belated B Day lunch so I had wine. Mmm. I will be lifting tonight. Maybe I'll add another pound to my deadlighting.

Take care.
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I hope everything went well for Greg today and there weren’t any more stressors. Like I told you before I’ve had problems with the front desk at my last doctor‘s office. I loved him so I stuck with it. He knew they were terrible but he just put up with them. Greg will be in good hands with the surgeon. Are you going to drop him off and go back later to pick him up? How long is the surgery?
The pic of the beach full of people is crazy. People are so sick of being home that they selfishly go around like there isn’t a deadly virus around. They think they are invincible. We went last Saturday to see Scott, Allie, Jackson and my new grandson, Noah. They set up chairs on the porch outside the picture window in the front of the house. It was wonderful to see them. They put the baby right up to the window..When we were leaving we came down the stairs to find droves of runners without masks heading toward us. I couldn’t abandon my mom because she couldn’t move fast enough to get out of their way. I turned her around and shielded her from them as they passed. They saw that she was old..and truth be told I’m not a spring chicken. There were about ten of them. I moved out into the street after they passed..and another one went off the sidewalk and ran past us in the street as we were getting into the car....also without a mask. It makes me want to scream. Scott and Allie wanted me to come back on Tuesday for a visit in the back yard. You have to climb a hill so my mom couldn’t come. Jackson was in day care so it was safe because he wasn’t there. David and I went and had a great time. It felt almost normal chatting. We stayed an hour and left. They offered to let me hold the baby because I’m in the house and safe...but I said no because of what happened with the runners on the Sunday before. He’s so little I didn’t want to take a chance.
@marcy The photo you posted of the snow is so beautiful...It’s amazing because we have 100 heat index today. I almost passed out from the heat when I was outside. I don’t do heat well.
The seating arrangement does sound crazy...How nice to meet a friend for your birthday lunch. I hope you had a large glass. You deserve it..
@junebug17 What a relief that your brother didn’t have Covid. Whenever anyone has a symptom that‘s concerning..Covid-19 is the first worry. That’s nice you went back to NJ. I miss my Pennsylvania house...and of course my husband..haha
@AV_ Any time you are going down in weight and need some...I would be very happy to give you some of mine....That’s what friends are for. All this talk of ice cream made me eat Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Chip cookie dough ice cream. :lickout:
BBL!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

@missy those beach pics SCARED me! People just don't get it. Hope Greg pre-op appt went well. Oh and there is a lady who walks everyday who could be your twin!

@junebug17 glad you are back in your vacation house and relaxing after the basement fiasco.

I went for a brisk walk/jog today. I am not a runner (don't enjoy it) but sometimes I feel like I have the energy for it. I also cycled today.

Speaking of cycling sometimes fellow riders do not show courtesy. Some fella nearly me off the road--no bell wrning; yesterday 3 men with no bells! The ladies walking in front of me, yelled to the men as they zipped by. And what's with the no helmets?????? Rant over

Had to call 911 for a lady yesterday who fell and smashed her face. And today a little girl who took a tumble and was shaken up--but just a scratch. Her Mom was there. Gotta be careful out there, right? (and the reason for this thread!!!! NIRDI)

Anyway, that it for me. I think my nose got a bit too much sun. I keep forgetting to reapply my sunscreen.

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wish I lived where you do. :( I love snow, I love winter. sigh.. lucky you. and thanks we have no clue what we are going to pick out - the decorator lady is thinking about what do to do.. I know I want a mother of pearl backsplash in back of the oven and I want light to medium gray cabinets. that's it.. thank you for your kind words Marcy :)

This is from a very small town in the mountains near here taken earlier today

1591755843353.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results