shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! Happy big and small dog Sunday.

@marcy I hear you on being lost the other at work after rearranging everything lol. I am sorry astronomy has been postponed for now. I wonder if you would find Zoom meetings acceptable? That way you could still get your astronomy fix and engage with the other members safely. We use the whistle often. I have one too but I never take it with me as I have the potential to use it too often. I can get pissed easily when cycling due to rude pedestrians and motorists. So lol better leave it to Greg. Though yesterday I did smack a car with my palm since he cut us off and I wanted to express my displeasure as we passed him haha. Felt very satisfying indeed. :) Enjoy the visit with your sister and BIL today! Sounds wonderful and almost like things are back to normal for you guys. I am glad your new neighbors are nice and woohoo for lunch out yesterday and flower shopping and glad you got some decent pots too. Thank you for enjoying my photos and also thank you for being here supporting me with all that we are going through. Hugs to you and Mr Marty too. Oh and I hear you re facial recognition. Another thing we have in common. I have trouble with that but I cannot blame it on my crazy eye. :lol:

@Niffler75 oh what a lovely ring and do share with us what it is when you figure it out. I love a sweet deal. Your day was lovely. A walk and a film and some tacos and tea. A perfect Caturday Saturday. Hugs to you and to your furry and human crew too.

@bling_dream19 aww Happy Anniversary to you and your sweet DH. And happy birthday to your nieces today. Time does fly. Hope you enjoy a marvelous Sunday and hugs to you and your sweet hubby. I am glad you enjoyed a yummy meal to celebrate the anniversary of your first meeting. Hugs.

@canuk-gal thank you much sweet lady. And I hope you enjoy some cycling and outdoor activities today as well. Hugs.

@springerspaniel continued healing vibes to Ellie and hugs to all of you.

@Slick1 just a few more days and we will be through some challenging days. Sending you well wishes and hugs and hoping the anxiety is at a minimum. If it helps at all I just keep repeating to myself it is all going to be OK. It will. Enjoy a wonderful Sunday my friend. (((Hugs))).

@MamaBee how is your weekend going? Thinking of you and sending hugs and love your way.

@Bayek hope John continues to improve and do well and that life is going smoothly and you are enjoying a fun and good weekend. XOXO to my Kate the very great and wise and wonderful.

@Scandinavian checking in with you and hoping all is going well. Hugs.

@Austina good afternoon. Hope you and Colin are enjoying a wonderful weekend. Sending you hugs and lots of good energy across the miles.

Hello to everyone else. Hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend.

We cycled yesterday and it was another glorious weather day. Today is even cooler so I will have to dress warmly and since it is windy we will remove the canopy despite it being a very sunny day today. So extra sunblock for me. Looking forward to it since we probably won't be cycling much for the next 3 weeks due to medical appointments and other upcoming appts. Gotta get the most of it while we can.

Have a wonderful Sunday lovely ladies and enjoy! Leaving you with a few pics from our adventures yesterday. XOXO.

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 6.31.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 6.30.23 AM.png

And a photo my friend shared with me. Awwwww.

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 6.30.54 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Pretty dull here but warm. Today is Rob’s 60th birthday, and in ordinary circumstances, we’d be celebrating with them, just hope the weather holds for them to have a BBQ with their kids who make up the 6 visitors we’re allowed In the garden.

Glad you got in a good ride yesterday, anything that makes life feel even remotely ‘normal’ is good @missy, especially with everything going on and coming up. You know we’ll be thinking of you both tomorrow, and hoping it all goes well and Greg will be A OK for surgery to remove those pesky stones this week. Is his knee feeling completely healed now?

Belated happy birthday @junebug17, I saw your ring in the other thread, and it’s absolutely gorgeous, looks so classic and elegant. Did you manage to celebrate and do something enjoyable?

Happy meeting anniversary @bling_dream19 and happy birthday to your little nieces. I often thought it’d be nice to have twins, but the reality is hectic, hectic, hectic as I’m sure your sister knows all too well. :lol:

It’s encouraging to hear how ‘normal‘ things are with you @marcy. Glad you got your plants and potted up your tubs, I’m glad I got mine done because they’re really coming on now. That’s good that the neighbours seems like nice people, we’re very fortunate here that ours are so good. Hopefully your discombobulation at work won’t last long and you’ll get used to your new set up.

It’s great to see progress on the house @Bayek. Stay safe, it’s scary to hear how things are developing there. Hope John is doing well, and the rest of the family are OK.

Looks like a good find @Niffler75, it’s a pretty ring.

I’m feeling really fed up today, I know this will be over, just want it over now.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are doing OK.

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Austina I hear you and agree. So ready for things to improve. Sigh.

I want to share some happy news. My youngest niece who graduated jr high received many awards for being an exceptional student and leader and also for her good deeds. My family is so proud of her. She truly is a sweet and kind and generous and exceptional human being. And incredibly intelligent. She gets that from my sister lol.

Thanks for letting me share. I’m all teary eyed after watching the awards ceremony. She was given the most awards but that’s not important or what impressed me. No, rather who she is as a human being impresses me every single day. I love you sweet A.

42B0B9E3-7D19-4617-8774-4D98FEBDFC93.jpeg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Nirdis! how's my bestie's? Everyone sounds good I was just doing speed reading so I probably missed a lot but we are off again up to the house to measure etc. blah blah.

@missy I'm thrilled you will be able to sit in the lobby while Greg is in the back, sitting outside while John was being lasered up was sad :( tomorrow they will take the lens off his eye and look at the abrasion he somehow managed to have happen..I don't know the first day he took a long nap in his lazy boy :) and he did NOT place the covering eye thingy over his eye, maybe he scratched it then, I should have woken him up but I felt bad as he hadn't slept much in days because of nerves :) I hope YOU are okay, your ice cream pix are divine Missy, just divine! I'm glad Greg's mom is doing okay with her shots, I'm sure it is tough on you both and Greg's brother to be separated with Covid-19 does make that happen sadly.. Kids look adorable, again the people at the shore are idiots :( miss you and love you xoxoxo

@MamaBee Hi Joanne, how's the new grand? I know this separation stuff is a PITA and has gotten very old... Did Shotzie visit? How's the mean MOM! and your son? I hope Chris stays on the straight and narrow, sobriety is never a straight line.. but he's getting there and that is all that counts! hope you are well and hope everyone is well too in your lovely family.. John is good and thank you for asking :) xoxoxo I'll fill you in on Mike and fam below. thank you for asking :) xoxoxo

@junebug17 so back up to the NE, :) I have to go over to SMTB to see your ring because I couldn't find it on this thread but I may have missed it, any beautiful bling you have only shines more June and I"m serious because you shine and are lovely, I am also glad you brother is doing well, and I hope DS and DD and husband are wonderful!!! sending you a Kate hug xoxoxo

@AV_ hola! where you live in breath-taking and I understand why you love it, I would too! xoxo

@marcy ugh Marcy, all the moving around in your cube and re-setting up is a drag, one thing I really hated at IBM was moving, ugh.. how's your weather? wish I could move out west! I'd love it there. xoxox

@Niffler75 Great news on your boy and his teacher! I was really really REALLY happy to read that NIffler, as a mom I know how important education is and I know that there is really no better booster than a mom for her kids! love the new ring, it's very pretty! what is the stone do you know? sending hugs and love to you! xoxo

@springerspaniel Hola! greetings from Texas, your dog is so adorable.. I love spaniels, LOVE LOVE THEM.. I had a cocker for 13 years and still can't really say her name and she died in 13... our furkids mean the world to us.. :) xoxoxo

@canuk-gal Hey! how's things in your world? xoxoxoxo

@Austina Hot one in Georgetown today Austina! but we went out and walked Salley around 7:30 a.m. so we are in.. we are going up to the house in a bit to do a checkup again :) they will start the pool excavation in a week! hi to Colin! xoxoxoxo added: your pix are gorgeous! absolutely beautiful thank you!

@bling_dream19 that was so lovely about your anniversary of meeting! Happy birthday to the Mr! he's got a real gem of a wife! xoxoxo

@Slick1 Hey! hope all is well with you? do you know if you are going back into the classroom come fall? You may have already said but I missed it.. your flowers are magnificent always! love your pix. xoxoxo

Alright updates on me, sorry I'm in and out here.

I'll try to post a little video of the house if I can. Mike is sick with a cold, he says allergies and John's allergies are bad too.. me not so much.. Auti is getting huge but as always I cannot see her or hold her and she's getting shy on Duo calls with me :( :( :( :( oh well. Chris is good and seems happy in the city, he's going to do some walking with Katie today 6feet apart, he's been running basically around Ft Greene Park so he's 'gearing' up to get back and better in shape. John is slowly improving tomorrow is a checkup on his eye.. My high school 50th zoom reunion went well..sorta, too many rich people for me ;-) if you ever watched Veronica Mars omit the detective work that was what my high school was, THEM and the rest of us middle class, working class kids. bad environment but I did make some great forever friends!. I'm good more or less :) tried to load my video but it was not the right type. I'll work on it! happy again Sunday

Wishing you all a happy and safe Sunday. xo

613house.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s such good news about your sweet niece @missy. From everything you’ve said about them, they’re going to be great adults. They’re so responsible and mature for their ages already, and you have every right to be proud of the adults they’re going to be.

Sorry to be a downer, I’m just feeling a bit sorry for myself today, having read we’re not allowed to travel to the US for the foreseeable future. We didn’t think we’d be going in August, but choosing to and not be able to are two different things. Oh well, we can’t change things, just have to suck it up.

I’m so excited for you @Bayek, I hope things progress really quickly with the house and you can really get settled in.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Austina I'm feeling sorry for you also. Having NO choice stinks!
@Bayek sorry about your DH eye. Those abrasions can be painful. Your house is coming along.
@MamaBee hang in there!
@missy how wonderful for your niece!

Our city experience severe weather yesterday; tornado, monsoon rains, golf ball sized hail and flooding. Some parts of the city worse then others, but it was scary. I feel for the people who are dealing with the clean up today.:(sad Yet we had heat and sunny skies in the afternoon!

cheers--Sharon

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to your niece @missy What a wonderful accomplishment and at such a young age. Good luck to Greg tomorrow and Wednesday. Happy your Mil Is doing well. ((Hugs))
@Austina I am so sorry you can’t visit your ds. It’s such a sad time all around but missing family is the hardest. It’s ok to feel sorry for yourself. I hope you’ll be able to book something soon...
@Bayek I love your pics of the new home. I am not sure what school in September will look like yet. So many uncertainties. Thank you for the compliments on my flowers... one of my few pleasures lately.
@Niffler75 Thank you for your continued good wishes. So happy for you and your ds that his new school and teacher so far seem fabulous. Hoping it continues.
@MamaBee thinking of you and hope you saw your dh and that things are quiet with ds. Sending ((hugs))
Hi @marcy , @AV_ and @junebug17 I hope all is well with you all and happy anniversary of your meeting dh to you both @bling_dream19
Things are quiet around my neck of the woods. School ends Wednesday and I have my I have my implants surgery scheduled for Thursday. Those who remember my infections, will understand why I am Scared. As. Hell.
Still feeling quite bereft missing my pup. Tomorrow the poodle charm arrives. I’ll come back with pics. I have been working a lot in my gardens to keep busy and to keep my mind off of missing my Chase. I forgot how hard it is losing a family member.
Thinking of you all and sending hugs.
A garden pic. Love these flowers.
54D42D58-6DDB-473F-9F48-4BDACBE89E60.jpeg
Planters.. C8F4D82F-9BAA-424E-ABCB-BD123072B44F.jpeg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I love hearing how great your niece is doing @missy ! No doubt you are shaping her life very positively. My sweethearts got new bikes for their birthday today and they love them and are doing great on them! We had a really relaxing weekend. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! I'm exhausted I don't know why, I didn't cook and I didn't clean lol. Love and sparkles to all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies it's manic Monday.

@Slick1 yes I understand why you are concerned and of course you went through hell. Sending you so many good luck vibes for the implants on Thursday and holding good thoughts for you. I am so sad you are missing Chase and there are no words. You love him still and gave him all you could and he knew love and support and comfort and joy having you as his family. I am so sorry he is gone and you are in pain. I feel you. ((((HUGS)))). Love the flowers. You have quite the green thumb sweet Slick. Love you. Hang in there. XOXO.

That’s such good news about your sweet niece @missy. From everything you’ve said about them, they’re going to be great adults. They’re so responsible and mature for their ages already, and you have every right to be proud of the adults they’re going to be.

Sorry to be a downer, I’m just feeling a bit sorry for myself today, having read we’re not allowed to travel to the US for the foreseeable future. We didn’t think we’d be going in August, but choosing to and not be able to are two different things. Oh well, we can’t change things, just have to suck it up.

I’m so excited for you @Bayek, I hope things progress really quickly with the house and you can really get settled in.

Aww I am sorry @Austina and I understand 100% how disappointed you are and deserve to be. So don't be hard on yourself. You have every right to feel this way. I hope that things improve more quickly than they seem to be right now and I hope soon one day we will look back on this dark time and be in a better place. All of us. Because make no mistake about it this is a very dark time for most of us in many different ways. But we will get through it and thrive despite the challenges we currently face. Sending you big hugs and good vibes across the miles. Looking forward to the day we can congratulate you and welcome you to the USA for good. (((HUGS))).

@Bayek good luck today to John on his checkup and I hope his cornea is completely healed. Love seeing your plans enfold and I am very excited for you! I am sorry Mike is ill with a cold and I hope he feels better soon. Glad Chris is doing well and Auti is getting big but I am sorry you cannot see her as often as you would like too. I am glad your allergies are not out of control. Love you Kate the Great dear girlie. Sending you so many (((Hugs))) and lots of love.

@bling_dream19 thank you sweet girl. And congrats on your nieces bikes. That is wonderful. One can never cycle too early or too much haha. I am sorry you are exhausted and hope you have a good and non stressful week. Hugs.

@canuk-gal wow you really experienced all the weather within 24 hours. That is quite the change in a short time frame. Hope you had a lovely rest of your weekend and a good week ahead. Hugs.

@springerspaniel good morning, hope you have a good week ahead. XOXO.

@MJ_Mac hello and hope all is going smoothly. XOXO.

@junebug17 hope you had a good weekend and are enjoying sand and sea and lovely weather and your beautiful new ring. Hugs to you.

@Niffler75 how was the rest of your weekend? Any bling updates? Hope all is going well. Hugs.

@marcy hope you had a restful and fun Sunday and have a good work week ahead. Lots of hugs being sent your way.

@MamaBee hope you enjoyed a wonderful Sunday with your family and that your DH is A OK and all continues to go smoothly. Hugs.

@AV_ how was your weekend in Nirvana? Hugs and lots of good wishes continued your way.

Hello to everyone else. Hope a good week is in store for all. Greg left for the hospital for pre testing today and fingers crossed he can get the procedure Wednesday and all goes smoothly. We had a good cycling day yesterday and the weather was spectacular.

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 6.34.03 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 6.33.44 AM.png

Leaving you with Bobby last night. He is a love.

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 6.34.58 AM.png

Happy Monday all. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg just sent me this photo of where he is waiting for testing.

hospitalwaitingarea.JPG

Not bad right? :)

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, hope everyone is ok.

@missy Gosh huge congrats to your niece. What an accomplishment! Hope today goes ok for Greg.
@Bayek Fab to see pics of the progress on your house. How do you feel about how things are progressing? Yes the ring is a mystery, could be a lab sapphire and possibly diamonds on white gold but will need to get it checked

So we had a visit this morning from another of my sons new teachers and he did really well. We are both relieved and super proud of him. :mrgreen2:

Right, off to do some gardening! Will check in later. x

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thanks ladies, I try to be optimistic about life in general, just yesterday, things finally got the better of me. Normal service will be resumed.

@missy, as always your kindness and thoughtfulness when you have so much going on in your own life, is much appreciated. Hope Greg got the go ahead for his surgery on Wednesday and you can get it over with and put it behind you. It’s such good news that the kitties are getting along together. Your weather from yesterday looks lovely, it was dull here for most of the day but did brighten up later.

Thank you @Slick1, I hope your pendant turned up and it’s everything you hoped. Missing your little boy is understandable, we still miss Dottie so much, I can’t believe it’s almost 9 months already. Will be desperately hoping everything goes to plan on Thursday, and you’ll be done with this whole thing once and for all. Your pots are looking lovely, I can’t believe how quickly everything is growing here, I must take more photos so you can see the progress.

What good news @Niffler75, you must be so relieved that it’s all working out well for your little guy.

How did John’s check up go @Bayek? Hopefully his eye is feeling much better and his vision has been greatly improved. Love seeing the house progress, and look forward to hearing all about the finishes you’ve chosen.

Hope you had a good weekend @AV_.

I hope you had a good weekend @marcy and a good start to the working week. Why does the weekend go by so quickly when you’re working, and the rest of the week drag by?

Did Shatzie visit @MamaBee ? How’s everything with you?

How’s Ellie doing @springerspaniel? My friend has recently had a terrible time with her little spaniel, Ellie May, but thankfully she’s got through the chemo and been given the all clear.

I expect your nieces were thrilled to bit with their bikes @bling_dream19 . Have a great week.

Thanks @canuk-gal we just want this whole thing to be over with so we can get on with our lives.

We sat out today as the weather wasn’t too bad and came in just a few minutes before the rain started. I didn’t speak to Shirley yesterday as they’d been out on Saturday evening, and slept in late, but she emailed and seems OK.

Zoom Pilates in the morning as we’re planning to walk with Sue & Rob on Wednesday instead.

Big hugs to you all :wavey:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crazy busy day here but I wanted to share my pendant. ♥
How much does this look like my pooch?!?! I have it on my mom’s chain! ♥♥ It is not as large as it looks in this pic.
156CA156-5DB7-4BF0-846B-F8C60F4304A3.jpeg
BD654A35-B8C5-49CB-8DC2-D10C6A3A0EA9.jpeg FC2AFC5B-5E4B-4877-A909-FD7FA44B4370.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@canuk-gal Marty was excited to have live golf to watch. That was awesome people in their backyards were cheering the players on sometimes. Nice for cycling to the market. I hate to hear you had such a bad thunderstorm there yesterday. They are so destructive.

@bling_dream19 happy anniversary of meeting your DH. I can remember the month and year I met Marty but that’s it. 1990 was a long time ago. That’s great your nieces are enjoying new bikes.

@missy hoping Greg’s appointment went well today. Good for you smacking that car that cut you off; some driver’s are so oblivious - most are probably on their phone. Funny you mention things are almost normal here - my BIL sent me a text after they got home last night and said that spending the day here felt like things were normal again. Darn our eyes. I was meeting Marty and a friend for lunch one days and I actually walked up to the wrong table because I truly thought it was them. It would have been funny if I’d pulled out a chair and sat down. I am always there for you and hope each and every day things get better and better for you. Pictures from your ride looks great. Mmm ice cream. That is so awesome about your niece; congratulations to her.

@Austina I am sorry you are fed up with things today; this is such a mess and we don’t know what to believe. Any positive news or studies gets downplayed or suppressed. It’s discouraging for sure. Big hugs to you. That’s too bad to miss out on Rob’s birthday celebration. I hope he had a good one. That’s great you’ve been blessed with nice neighbors too; we’ve never really had bad ones at either of our houses either. I bet your plants are doing well since they’ve been growing for several weeks. Is that travel restriction a policy there or here? Can you travel to Canada, then stay there for a while and then come in to the states? I am glad you are feeling a bit better today.

@Bayek oh no that John scratched his eye. One positive thing is eyes tend to heal quickly. I hope he is doing better today. I still can’t find anything in my cube but I don’t mind moving because I give everything a good cleaning. I am not a total clean freak with my stuff at work. I put out all my note pads and sticky notes with a “free” sign because I have so many Snoopy note pads sticky notes I couldn’t use them in 10 years. I may as well use them. Your framing is coming along. Sweet. The weather is great right now. We are already too dry so we are getting warnings about being careful about fires. We are in the 70’s and 80’s though with a breeze. I hope it’s not too hot for you. Glad your Zoom reunion went well, people definitely change after so many years.

@Slick1 your flowers are gorgeous, you definitely live somewhere warmer and more humid than I do. I need to get back to the local Botanic Gardens and enjoy their flowers too. Big Hugs to you for missing Chase. Good luck with your implants. Your pendant looks great. How do you like it?

@Niffler75 that’s great the other teacher for your son visited and got along well with your son.

My sister and BIL were here most of the day yesterday. They live in a small town near Denver so they were thrilled to be out on parole and eat in a restaurant. I hadn’t done laundry on Saturday so I managed to get that done yesterday but crap that reminds me I still have one batch in the dryer.

We managed to watch all 10 episodes of Yellowstone season 2 this weekend. I am totally a fan of that show. Season 3 starts this weekend.

I snipped off dead flowers in our pots tonight.

It sounds like everyone in our department could be back in the office as soon as Friday. Some will be working every other day because they are too close to their neighbor. My senior manager said management can choose to work from home 2 days a week so I will definitely take advantage of that.

I finally have a hair appointment - at noon on the 28th. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies.

@Austina thank you for your kind words. I know we all have so much going on and it helps me to get out of my head and be there for others too. I am always here for my friends. They mean the world to me and you are a friend. We will always be connected. Not just because of Bella either. There are some people you just click with and so many of the NIRDIs are those people. I know it is a bitter pill to swallow not being able to be near your son for so long a time and there are no words that can make that better. But just to say we are here for you in any way we can be and your son has such a good head on his shoulders (thanks to you and Colin) and we are all going to get through this. One day at a time. And we will be looking back on this difficult time period one day in a better place. Of that I am sure. Sending you many good vibes and gentle hugs across the many miles. Hope Zoom Pilates was fun and productive yesterday. And I know you are very much looking forward to your walk with Sue and Rob tomorrow. That will be so lovely.

@Bayek how is John's eye? How did the appointment go? I wanted to check in with you yesterday but we are dealing with issues here as Tommy has stopped eating and nothing I do is enticing him to eat. That is no excuse though but you are on my mind and so is John. I hope the appt went very well yesterday and that his cornea is healed fully. The cornea has an amazing capacity to heal quickly. Hugs and love to you both.

@marcy glad you have a hair appt. Greg made his for next Friday morning so he is happy about that. Greg likes to get his hair cut every 3 weeks and it has been over 3 months now and he won't let me try cutting his hair. Haha smart man. Thanks for getting why I smacked that car. I have a violent streak in me I guess lol. I would fight for any of my girls here and I always fight for justice everywhere. And don't cut me off while we are cycling or driving or I get pissed. I am glad your BIL feels things are almost normal and wishing that for everyone soon. Hugs to you and hope you have a good work day. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 hope your week is going smoothly and all is well. Big hugs to you sweet friend.

@Slick1 that is beautiful. LOVE it and it looks great on you. Big hugs and much love.

@Niffler75 haha love that meme. I had a disjointed night's sleep. Up every hour and didn't go back after 3 AM. I am a bit sleepy. Glad the meeting went so well yesterday with your son's new teacher and sounds like he has a good team on his side. Relieved for you guys. Hugs.\

@springerspaniel hope Ellie's recovery continues to go well and that you are having a good week. Hugs.

@canuk-gal sending warm vibes and hugs your way and hope your week is off to a good start. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. I have a derm telemedicine appt this AM and then off cycling. Last day for a long while probably. No time yet for Greg's surgery tomorrow and we don't know the results of his tests yesterday. Just hoping everything goes smoothly.

I have to compartmentalize to get through this time period with so much happening that is very stressful. I have been getting hives (what I think are hives) every single day and they are lasting at least 3-4 days which is new for me. As usually my hives only last a few hours. So chronic vs acute. Not sure if it is just stress induced or some other reason. Anyway just to say that I must keep on keeping on and to do that I do compartmentalize. To get through each day. Here is our ice cream of the day yesterday.

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 6.34.03 AM.png

Very yummy.

And the weather was cooler but still wonderful. It was sort of gray out yesterday but a lovely ride the whole ride through.

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 5.40.04 AM.png

Have a good day lovelies. Sending you all warm hugs across the miles. XOXO.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Tuesday friends!
@Austina I'm glad you're feeling better and I'm sorry you had a tough day. Totally understandable. You and Colin have followed the rules and you want to be able to see your son and live your life. I give you so much credit for your upbeat and fun personality and outlook. This is the place to laugh and cry. Hugs to you!
@missy I loved that you smacked that car too you go girl! I can see you have that streak lol! And you've said you give the look if peeps get too close to you. I can do the look too, not sure if I'm brave enough for the car smack but I love it. People need to get off the phones and drive with respect! Anyhoo, I'm really worried you have hives. Is it shingles? I got shingles when I went through my divorce. I got some funny stories out of it though lol. I will have to share them sometime. I hope you can relax and drink some chamomile tea. Yay for Greg's surgery tomorrow and his haircut FriYAY! Now why won't he let you cut his hair??? I've been having fun cutting my hubby's hair though now he has a calic and we don't know how it got there.
@marcy I'm so glad you'll be able to wfh 2 days and hopefully that will increase! My sister said to use the words, I'm just not comfortable. That should do the trick! Are your eyes ok friend? I'm sure that other table would have loved your company.
@Slick1 your pendant is perfect and soo cute of your pooch!
Thanks for all the birthday love for my sweethearts! They LOVE their bikes and they love their new doggie! Those girls are very happy which makes me very happy. And you're right @Austina everything is double, double the work and double the fun! This is by far the longest I've gone without seeing them. I know I'm not alone on this.
This is a good week. The mornings are a little cool which I love. Today I get the house to myself which I love. Still working today but a lighter day, only 930 til 4 instead of the usual 9 til 630ish.
Hi @Niffler @springerspaniel @Bayek and @MamaBee and love and hugs to all for a beautiful day!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina hmm I am sorry to read this Austina (USA visit :( ) you had planned a christmas visit too right? we are not going to France obviously for our nephews wedding. I am sure you miss Adam and Kim, Chris is in the USA and I could drive there but that is way different than not being to get over the ocean.... Covid I hate it.

@canuk-gal ooh that IS bad weather, glad you guys did not have any real problems! Slick the pendant is perfect, just perfect what a lovely thing to do...made me tear up but I know the love behind it.. xoxoxoxo

@Slick1 oooooohhh hoping the implants go well Slick I am with you here.. I am having a 'device' for my missing implants, every time they stick bone in my jaw uber infection so I give up.. YOU WILL BE FINE.. I'll be watching to see how it all plays out.. the best is that it's pretty safe these days at the surgeons offices :) sending you happy, healthy hugs and dust.. xoxoxo

@Niffler75 very nice to read your son's teachers are good NIffler I know what you have been through! good times ahead I hope! xoxoxo

@missy hello sweet girlie! ice cream, I hate caramel something last night, was delicious. Thank you sweetie also about caring about John, his sight is improving Missy and he's pretty happy with that, the contact lens is gone, he's thrilled with that! and he's n a better mood - I am thrilled with THAT!.. so how are YOU! you.. I worry about you Missy, btw Tommy looks adorable.. xoxoxo to him.. well Missy if one is going to get zapped the view from the hospital looks pretty nice, but yet again he can see the gorgeous blue ocean from home! :) fingers crossed and hope in my heart and belief in good medicine is what I am sending you and the family. xoxoxo how's your parents? your nieces are wonderful Missy, what a wonderful family. lucky me to know you! Very hot here, we walked the dog this morning.. Miss the big Apple, miss Chris, miss you and Greg (I know you are at the beach house but I still miss you in NYC or Jersey).. text me with any news please! have a good, chill day.. sending my love to you always and to of course Greg and your family. xoxxooxoo

@junebug17 Hey Junie how are you? xoxo

@MamaBee hope all is well Joanne! how's that new baby doing? xoxoxo

@marcy more pictures of snow please ;-) hope all is going well out west, I'm always going to want to live where you live. hope work is going smoothly Marcy.. xoxoxo

@Scandinavian Hola and what's new?? xoxoxo

@AV_ hi AV hope you are having a glorious later afternoon! xoxoxo

Here's hoping that mrs-b is doing well today, she has been sincerely hit with a lot of medical issues.. she's a lovely sweetheart of a woman.. and funny..

House update: I'll attach drone pix from yesterday, need to finish the framing and maybe Tyvek next week? who knows. :)

My son's and DIL and little Miss Autumn Marie are all fine..

I try to get on everyday but we have been doing a bunch of stuff etc house, health, etc. Soon we will be doing remote looking at tile and stuff I guess, Covid-19 BEGONE!

some pix and sending you alllllll love.

Drone photos from the guy next door - obviously he's a nice guy but- - - weird a bit but we always thank him..

image000001.jpg image000002.jpg image000003.jpg image000005.jpg

Here's Auti! she's 14 months now.. such a little sweetie.. :) Mike shaved his beard off but kept the stache! I said OMG you look like you are from 1974! and he said, that's the plan.. he looks like his father.

autitowel.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the kind words about my brother...a bit nerve wracking for sure. I think the episode is making him be a bit more careful.

@Niffler75, I'm really glad things are working out with your son's teachers and he's feeling comfortable with them, I know it's been a source of worry for you for a while now. You must be feeling so relieved. That is a really pretty ring, let us know when you find out more about it.

@Slick1, sending loves and hugs, the first few months after losing a furbaby are just especially rough. The pendant is beautiful and looks exactly like your sweet Chase. Your flowers are gorgeous and I'm glad they're bringing you comfort. Sending you lots of good thoughts for your dental visit on Thursday.

@AV_, so glad you're doing well and work is keeping you busy and happy. I love hearing about the meals you make. So fun to get glimpses of life in another country.

@missy, wishing Greg a very smooth procedure tomorrow, I'm sure he'll do ok and it will be a relief to have this behind you. By tomorrow night it will all be over. It's nice you've been able to get out for some cycling, the scenery is beautiful. And such a sweet pic of Oliver and Gracie, they are beautiful kitties. And good to hear Greg's mother seems to be doing well, she sounds like a strong woman. Congratulations to your niece, what a special and talented young lady she has grown to be. I hope Tommy's appetite improves soon, I know it's worrying when a furbaby isn't eating. And sorry to hear about the hives and I hope they clear up soon.

@springerspaniel, I'm glad Ellie seems to be doing well and I hope she makes a full recovery soon.

@marcy, very nice that you had an extra birthday celebation. I love when birthdays drag out lol. Sorry about all the moving and hassle at work, and yuck to that woman's filing cabinet, sorry you had to deal with that. I bet your flowers look really pretty and nice you went out to eat. And yay for nice neighbors. I was right there with Marty, so happy about the live tournament. Good news about working from home, that will be awesome. My ds is hoping and praying he can work from home forever lol.

@MamaBee, how great that you got to see Noah...and Scott and Allie too of course! Sorry about the bikers getting too close, some people are acting like this virus is over. Wonderful news about Chris and I'm so glad he's ok but you were right to make it clear he can't speak to you like that.

@Austina, sending hugs, life is crazy right now and even though most days we can make the best of it, there are times it all gets to be too much. It's really hard not to be able to see loved ones, or make concrete plans. I'm glad you're walking with your friends this week, the social interaction will lift your spirits. My birthday is actually coming up, I got my present just a bit early lol. No special plans, will probably do take out and eat some birthday cake.

@canuk-gal, it's terrible a woman was injured while on her bike, and lucky that you were
there. Severe weather is so scary and the damage it causes is just terrible. Hope you get some good weather so you can continue walking and biking.

@bling_dream19, your cookies look SO good. You really know your way around a kitchen, yum. Happy first meeting Anniversary! And Happy Birthday to your nieces, I'm sorry you couldn't celebrate with them but it sounds like they had a wonderful day and I know that makes your heart happy.

@Bayek, I'm glad Chris is doing well, but oh no to no AC and I hope he can figure out something! I'm sorry Mike is sick and I hope he gets better soon. My kids are doing pretty well, hanging in there and they seem to be behaving themselves I think lol. Exciting to see the progress on the house. The weather here is SC isn't great, cloudy and raining on and off for a while now. Sorry about the abrasion on John's eye and I hope it heals soon. Thanks for your kind words...and I feel the same about you, you are a caring person with a good heart and you also have a really good sense of humor! You make me laugh at times when I really need one. Aw, adorable pic of Auti and lol to Mike's 70's stash. What goes around comes around ha.

Thanks for the nice words about my new ring, I posted a few pics in another thread but here are a few more for those who didn't catch it...a birthday/anniversary present, M VS2 1.86 OEC. It's from Victor Barone, bought in pre-loved.
4EA1546E-011D-4C88-8FDF-7782593BA5FD.jpeg E64559C9-2BD8-4E4A-9F5F-28D5B2B9F241.jpeg AF0A4025-29A7-4617-8092-878C4F9F9DEC.jpeg

Somebody came by for a visit today
E098605A-4549-4B84-BDAC-E7C7BA6FF0E3.jpeg

Sending calming thoughts to all the Nirdis going through a stressful time right now. Take care all!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy All the best of the best! [the view qualifies]

@junebug17 I will remember your stone [why are so few of its style of cut here!]

@Bayek Auti knows how to poze already [I don't] .)))

NIRDI, one of these days, will catch up.

[riding the first dust storm of this year]

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Quick check in today. High stress levels here today. ::) My son has these days from time to time. I think he is reacting to the warm weather and is very tired from meeting his new teachers.
Anyhow @missy Thinking of you and Greg for tomorrow.
@Bayek Gosh the builders seem to be making good progress.
@Austina Any thunderstorms where you are? We have had a weather warning but not a drop of rain!

Love to everyone. Here is a pic of a 'surprise' lupin in my garden that has popped up. Must have seeded from someone else's garden!

20200616_111413.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Awwww @Slick1 that‘s so cute and is a fitting reminder of little Chase. Did you get your socks too?

We had really heavy rain here this afternoon @AV_, hail stones, huge plops of rain but thankfully no dust.

Thanks @marcy, that’s great you got to meet up with your sister and BIL and enjoy some normality. I understand how they feel, and I’m sure it does feel like being out on parole :lol: That’s good news that you’ll be able to work from home 2 days a week, I think a lot of companies will do that now, perhaps it’ll be the only positive to come out of his situation. We’re advised not to make any unnecessary travel plans, but we had hoped that might change by August, but Fauci has said there’ll be no UK visitors allowed for several months:cry2:

I really love your ring @junebug17, it looks soooo good on your hand. Did you know of old cuts before PS, or has this been a revelation for you too? It’s amazing that they look so good in this colour range, lucky us. What a sweet little deer, is it a regular visitor, your garden looks very lush.

Woohoo to a shorter working day @bling_dream19 and cooler mornings. I’m sure your nieces miss seeing you too, hopefully that won’t be for too much longer.

Good news about John’s eye @Bayek and win, win that it’s improved his mood! Wow, can’t believe how quickly the framing is coming on, and TG for the neighbour with the drone. How great to have the aerial photos to chart the progress. :lol: How cute is Auti and she loves the camera as much as it loves her. Yep, this whole situation is getting too much now, but there’s nothing we can do about it. Wow, the Boomer Remover thread has really turned predictable. I don‘t know where the person who said that young people were paying for us oldies pensions so we can sit around getting paid for doing nothing, is getting her information from. Here in the UK we pay an additional 12% on top of our heavy taxes into National Insurance, so no young person has paid a penny in to our pensions, and we’ll get back peanuts compared to what we’ve paid in over the last 40 years.

Thank you @missy, you are a true friend, always thinking of others. I hope Greg is all set for his surgery tomorrow and of course, that it all goes smoothly. I know it’ll be an anxious wait for you, so hopefully he‘ll be in theatre early so there’s not too much hanging around. We’ll be thinking of you both and wishing a smooth and successful surgery.

Sorry the little guy is struggling today @Niffler75. We had some thunder yesterday evening, but none today. Just a real downpour and some hail. I love lupins, don’t forget to collect the seeds when it’s finished flowering, they’re really easy to grow but have the most enormous roots.

I did my Zoom Pilates this morning, and felt really sick after, it was hot and clammy this morning, Colin loaded up the car and went to the household waste site while I was doing that. Adam and Kim FaceTimed us at lunchtime (here) and were chatting for quite a while. We did sit out for a while, then the heavens opened so we had to grab all the cushions and run in. I’ve made a lemon drizzle cake, in anticipation of seeing our friends for a cup of tea and a chat this week.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are doing well and staying safe.

:wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crazy busy day here but I wanted to share my pendant. ♥
How much does this look like my pooch?!?! I have it on my mom’s chain! ♥♥ It is not as large as it looks in this pic.
156CA156-5DB7-4BF0-846B-F8C60F4304A3.jpeg
BD654A35-B8C5-49CB-8DC2-D10C6A3A0EA9.jpeg
FC2AFC5B-5E4B-4877-A909-FD7FA44B4370.jpeg
@Slick1 I love it! I especially love that it’s on your mom’s chain..❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I am going to be sending dust and prayers to Greg tomorrow..He will come out stone free..and happy that it’s over. I‘m doing a Telemedicine visit for my mom during that time but I will keep checking here to see if you have any updates. ❤️❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! I will be back tomorrow to read and respond to everyone's posts. Just found out we have to be at the hospital tomorrow at 5:30 AM and the procedure is scheduled for 7:30 AM. So will probably not be online first thing but maybe I will be lol. Anyway I wanted to let you know and also to wish @junebug17 a very happy birthday tomorrow!

Dear Junie I hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow and both Greg and I send our best to you. XOXO.

happybirthdayjunie.jpg

happybirthdaydiamondgirl.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi girls! I will be back tomorrow to read and respond to everyone's posts. Just found out we have to be at the hospital tomorrow at 5:30 AM and the procedure is scheduled for 7:30 AM. So will probably not be online first thing but maybe I will be lol. Anyway I wanted to let you know and also to wish @junebug17 a very happy birthday tomorrow!

Dear Junie I hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow and both Greg and I send our best to you. XOXO.

happybirthdayjunie.jpg

happybirthdaydiamondgirl.jpg

I don’t know where I thought it was scheduled for 2:00...My brain is gone..

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@missy -- all of my love and hugs go out to you and Greg for tomorrow! Let us all know how everything works out.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick check in today. High stress levels here today. ::) My son has these days from time to time. I think he is reacting to the warm weather and is very tired from meeting his new teachers.
Anyhow @missy Thinking of you and Greg for tomorrow.
@Bayek Gosh the builders seem to be making good progress.
@Austina Any thunderstorms where you are? We have had a weather warning but not a drop of rain!

Love to everyone. Here is a pic of a 'surprise' lupin in my garden that has popped up. Must have seeded from someone else's garden!

20200616_111413.jpg

Sorry your son is stressed......may he have a good rest tonight. Healing vibes across the kms....

I love Lupins--didn't Monty Python have a sketch or two including them????

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results