carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@junebug17 may I ask how you found this gorgeous ring? It really is a treasure!

Hope your brother is on the mend!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, thank you for the birthday wishes! You guys have an early day but maybe it's for the best, will be good to just get it over with instead of waiting the whole day.

@canuk-gal, thank you! I bought it in the pre-loved section of PS. My brother is fine, thank goodness, he must have had some kind of stomach virus.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy alright BEST OF LUCK tomorrow Greg and Missy, this will be a piece of cake. I have not read if he's stay a day or it's same day surgery. Relax and don't worry Missy you and Greg got this covered... TAKE care of yourself please. Miss you Missy.. we are all here rooting for Greg and of course you. :) I'll be up early and I'm an hour behind you so text if you can. xoxoxox

@Austina it's interesting to see the drone pix of the house Long way to go but we are pleased.

Oh the boomer remover thread, I don't get mad as frustrated, but I was a pita when I was young too, but their arrogance is sometimes astounding on here imo - I hope my son's aren't like that to somebody's mom :)

Lemon drizzle cake? pix please... sounds delicious.. hope your get together with friends is fun! xoxox

@Niffler75 Sorry the little guy had a meltdown but kids are kids and they melt down periodically.. weather sounds a bit annoying... sending hugs and hope tomorrow is a better day! xoxox

@junebug17 Happy BIRTHDAY tomorrow.. you are special for sure.. xoxo

@MamaBee Hola! hope things are good with you! xoxo

@marcy Hi Marcy are you working p/t? do they have you wear masks at work? my DIL doesn't have the 6ft rule or masks are her job, I always worry about her :( hope all is wonderful with you! xoxox

@bling_dream19 Aw thank you so much.. She brings me such joy and peace.. hope you are well!

Hope everyone is having a great rest of Tuesday, onward to Wednesday..

@missy

1592353586656.png

Attachments

• 1592353684288.png
    1592353684288.png
    325.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 1592354082478.png
    1592354082478.png
    325.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! Stopping in quickly.

@missy Many warm vibes for Greg and for you tomorrow. I’ll be thinking of you both! I am glad they are getting him in nice and early. It is better that way. The Dr is rested and not rushed and DH will have plenty of recovery time. Are they sending him home afterward? He is strong and I have a very good feeling that this will work well for him.

@junebug17 Gah, your new ring is absolutely gorgeous! I’m in love. It looks so beautiful on you. I hope you are enjoying the beach!

@Niffler75 I hope DS settled down and had a better evening. Sending good thoughts that it will be smooth sailing going forward. It takes time to adjust...be patient, as I am sure you already are.

@MamaBee thank you so much for talking me down today. ((Hugs)) :)

@Bayek Auti is so adorable and your home is really coming along nicely. It’s so exciting. Wish me luck Thursday. Eek! I am glad you are stable in that regard.

@Austina and @marcy thank you for your compliments on my flowers. It’s been a good year for them weather wise. Though we are dry, we could use some of your rain Austina! Hope all is well!

Shout out to @marcy and @AV_ @bling_dream19 Hope your weeks are going well.

Look what my DD made for me, she is an artist by trade. ♥️
1D0FB0F3-6888-42F3-B7DC-6EB0E8477CFC.jpeg

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Hello NIRDIs, I’ve missed you tons and have been thinking about you!
@junebug17 your new ring is gorgeous! Congrats!! @missy healing and good thoughts for Greg! @Bayek the house looks amazing!

Things here have been a bit crazy. I still can’t keep track of time well so the days have slipped by. I had neuropsychological testing that confirmed my brain is dribbling out of my ears (kidding...but that’s what it feels like). Deficits with verbal memory and processing...no fun. Still smart but not as smart as I used to be lol.

Had a scare last week and had a major convulsive seizure at work. I don’t remember it but apparently I fell over face first and kissed the pavement right outside the entrance to the hospital I work at after lunch and then seized for several minutes. I put my lower teeth through my lip, gave myself a solid concussion, and thought I broke my jaw but thankfully did not. My doctor upped my seizure meds which I then had a reaction to and I developed POTS over the weekend and thought I was going to have a stroke. NO FUN.

On a positive note, I got a Mother’s Day puppy. Meet Moriarty (Mori for short) our new labradoodle. He’s a sweet smart 11week old baby who has already mastered house training and the dog door.
3E165430-BD40-4DC1-9012-AAA9C81D8898.jpeg

Also, the painting(s) we commissioned are done and now the hard part...picking one (or two, lol). What do you think? The artist painted three for us to choose from. Our bedroom is white and here is our furniture. The painting is almost as wide as the bed. I have my favorite and dh has his. I’m curious which one the fabulous NIRDIS like.
4D192B98-3C37-43F1-A772-961D5C4BAABF.jpeg 76EA2C0C-6163-40A8-8030-9CF2A15B03BF.png
EA3DE4F3-2065-4938-9BC4-12A48AE153AD.jpeg 35FFE156-FAB2-47A6-8506-D8C8EEA97C35.jpeg 76AC16F7-E31D-4014-B08F-BF9D192834BD.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Niiffler75 I hope your hair isn’t that long - I kind of feel like mine is bushy. Gorgeous flower. I am sorry your son was not having a good day; bless his heart we all have those days and and they can be so tough.

@missy what’s up with Greg and Marty that they won’t let us cut their hair? I always offer to use the weed whacker; go figure. Greg will be glad to get his 3 month haircut soon. That’s not a bad thing to sticking up for the people you love. I am sorry you are getting hives; nerves could certainly be a contributing factor there. I hope things calm down for you soon. Keeping Greg in my thoughts tomorrow for his surgery and I’m so glad you can be there with him.

@bling_dream19 I have a scar on my left macula that causes the center vision in that eye to be blurry - it is like looking through a greasy smudge right there on my glasses. I would have been amused setting down with strangers but I would have been friendly and apologetic. Too funny. Glad you are having a good week and enjoyed the house to yourself today.

@Bayek the house framing is coming along. Sweet. That’s great John’s eyes are doing better and he is in a good mood. Hopefully I won’t have more snow pictures for a month of two but in Wyoming you never know. Wow that Auti is 14 months old; she is cuter than ever! I’ll still be working my full hours but 3 days in the office and 2 days at home. The company has us wear masks in common areas but not at our desks. They are asking us to social distance as well. They are kind of zig zagging desks in the cube farm; every other one is empty both by you and across from you. Most of my employees will be working in the office every other day. My spot is surrounded by open spots but they are asking management to work from home 2 days a week to keep the numbers down in the office. Only one person can ride in the elevator at a time.

@junebug17 Happy Birthday tomorrow. I love your new OEC diamond ring; it’s gorgeous. I think a lot of people are like your DS; working from home can be great!

@AV_ oh no to having a dust storm. Stay safe.

@Austina sorry you had a hail storm; did you do some damage to your flowers? I just checked the CDC website on travel; at least the UK isn’t alone in restricted travel to the U.S. I hope that lifts soon. I hate to hear you felt bad after doing pilates. I hope you are feeling better now. Nice to Face Time with Adam and Kim; that makes it so nice we can see our loved ones. Lemon drizzle cake sounds delicious. I hope you catch up with your friends this week.

@MamaBee I hope you are doing well. Good luck with the telemedicine appointment for your mom tomorrow.

@springerspaniel I hope you had a lovely day.

@canuk-gal hopefully your weather was better there today.

I was pretty bored at work today. I didn't have a lot to do other than meetings here and there. I caught up with a former co-worker through text and with a provider through email. The former co-worker had been working from home then they let her go. She is in Denver and hasn't had any luck finding another job. The provider is in LA. She is working from home at least through August. She can't go anywhere so she's really bored.

I guess I'll work from home on Wednesday and Thursday until we don't have to social distance at work. That works for my lifting day and meeting a friend for lunch day. Sweet.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@springerspaniel that is an awesome portrait of Chase. I love it. Your daughter is very talented.

@Keeliamira I am so sorry about your seizure; how scary. i hate to hear how bad you were hurt but I guess it's a relief you didn't break your jaw. I hope they find the right dosage of medicine for you. Mori is adorable. I like your furniture and great paintings. I like the first one the best. Don't ask me why, just do.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@springerspaniel that is an awesome portrait of Chase. I love it. Your daughter is very talented.

@Keeliamira I am so sorry about your seizure; how scary. i hate to hear how bad you were hurt but I guess it's a relief you didn't break your jaw. I hope they find the right dosage of medicine for you. Mori is adorable. I like your furniture and great paintings. I like the first one the best. Don't ask me why, just do.

Oops I meant @Slick1 that is an awesome portrait of Chase. Your DD is very talented. Sorry about my short term memory there.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will be back later but just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you for your good wishes for Greg's procedure today! I am mostly concerned about the general anesthesia and thank you all for your continued good wishes/well wishes and prayers. Love you girls and thank you!

@Keeliamira I am so sorry about your seizure and sending you so many well wishes and good vibes. Your sweet puppy is precious! Mazel Tov on your newest addition to the family. :love:

@Slick1 your DD is so talented! I am thinking of you and sending lots of good wishes for tomorrow. I will be back of course before then but just want you to know I am thinking of you.

@Bayek @Austina @bling_dream19 @springerspaniel @canuk-gal @marcy @MJ_Mac @junebug17 @AV_ @MamaBee @Niffler75 and anyone else I might have missed thank you guys for your good luck dust for Greg!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a very happy birthday to our sweet @junebug17 Junie. Wishing you all you hope for this year!

hbjunie.gif

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy checking in and sending you and Greg love and best wishes! x
Will check back soon!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy checking in and sending you and Greg love and best wishes! x
Will check back soon!

Thank you @Niffler75 ! OMG they really gave me the runaround. They said no I cannot stay and I had to ask for the supervisor. Unfortunately everyone is still home sleeping lol. But OMG finally they got a surgeon (not Greg's surgeon but a surgeon) to say it is OK. Then they sent me to another area (not the ER since it is too risky) but at that other waiting area they said no who sent me. Oy to the vey. They got on the phone and got a security guard to bring me to another area but they said no there. So then they brought me up to surgical suites but they said no it's closed and no one can stay there. So they let me go to the original waiting area I asked to be in initially. Oy to the vey true dat. Let's see how this goes. I fully expect at any moment they tell me I cannot stay here either.

Please think good thoughts for Greg and well let's hope I can stay. SMH.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is how I feel right now.

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 6.12.47 AM.png

And I am also very tired.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
waitingathospital.jpeg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for reading my two lines, while I am not keeping up,

The winds were loud through the night, but everything held.

___

@missy I assume you are just up & off to the hospital! Fingers crossed & all of luck today! [of course we were writing in the same time]

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for reading my two lines, while I am not keeping up,

The winds were loud through the night, but everything held.

___

@missy I assume you are just up & off to the hospital! Fingers crossed & all of luck today! [of course we were writing in the same time]

Waiting and nervous. Spoke to Greg via the anesthesiologist's nurses phone (as I have all his belongings including his phone) and he is waiting for the surgeon and anesthesiologist. I asked to be called when the surgeon and anesthesiologist get there so I can talk with them.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@AV_ I am not keeping up either. I have never been to southern Spain, but you make it sound divine, even with a dust storm! The picture of your path to the town reminded me of time I spent in Sicily at a convent. I appreciate your keen observations of people and things.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a runaround @missy! Hopefully they get their acts together...The surgeon knows what he’s doing ...so don‘t worry about that. ❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday @junebug17! I hope you have a day filled with fun, cake and anything else that makes you smile!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy You just tell them 'don't make me throw my wonder woman tiara around because I will'. Plus you have an army of equally stubborn PSers behind you! ;)2

images.jpeg-4.jpg

Aaaaand breathe! xxx

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thinking about you Missy, hopefully you're able to relax somewhere. And prayers to Greg for a successful surgery. He's going to sail through for sure. Hugs to you.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy birthday Junie! I hope you have the most joyful day! You are such a kind person and I'm so glad you have your beautiful new ring to add to your specialness!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Waiting and nervous. Spoke to Greg via the anesthesiologist's nurses phone (as I have all his belongings including his phone) and he is waiting for the surgeon and anesthesiologist. I asked to be called when the surgeon and anesthesiologist get there so I can talk with them.

I wouldn't know what to tell them at all [OK, there is one thing I tell all doctors: 'I am no good with pain' - a lie]. You must be just done! I am caught between errands, thinking of the two of you.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@springerspaniel Sicily must have very similar landscapes [judging by Google, since I have never set foot there, close as it is]. I intend to stay in Andaluzia, likely in this same area, if not in this huge & annoying house. [@bayek you make new house look easy!]

on with the day

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 I wish you so much luck.. if you want and can text please do.. sending you love Slick, you deserve a break and may this work and you can finally move on.. hope he family is well and happy Slick and YOU too. xoxoxo

@Keeliamira Hi!!!!!! you are missed, I think about you every day looking for new post. :) I am so sorry to read you have POTs :( I'm sorry about the seizure... sending a hug (a Kate one) to you, your new labradoodle is just perfect, I have a labradoodle niece, my SIL's baby, Maggie! I love that dog.. Please take care of yourself. I'm sorry again.

I love your furniture it's bitchin cool, and Keeliamara, I like #2 best for no big apparent reason, just because it calls to me.. then I like #1 and then #3 and all three are simply perfect. Please take another Kate hug and know we miss and care about you here. xoxoxo

@marcy & @missy John let me cut his eyebrows, finally! of course he had to buy a complete hair cutting kit lol. he's funny.

1592406518084.png

to this!

1592406628275.png

I'm one hella lucky woman ;-)

I feel like Rapunzel! I have not had hair on my shoulders since I was a 22 year old. ugh I hate the feeling, but I like living so I say "Let it grow"!

@marcy are you liking going in to work? do you feel safe? (healthwise), Wyoming is beautiful.. I love it there - a good friend of mine here in Austin bought this gorgeous home there, they go to Montana to fly fish, their views are literally really to die for.. I could live in Wyoming forever.. but here I am in Texas! oh well. been baking at all? xoxoxoxo

@missy total BS at the hospital God what a run around, I am so happy Greg is recovering, Missy, marvelous isn't the word.. I'm here anytime to help you with that boulder, so sorry about all this going on.. REST get a nap.. love you love you.. xoxoxoxoxxo

Hi all NIRDis, and good morning of Liberty Hill - Georgetown Texas, the land of HEAT and HUMIDITY! I should stop putting down the heat, I'm sure I'll be thrilled come December. We are going to house today because that is what old people do when they are building a house! Happy Birthday @junebug17

1592407480860.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@springerspaniel it's hard to keep up! lately I've been popping in and out.. hope all is well with you!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Happy, happy birthday @junebug17, hope you’re having a lovely day and enjoying your gorgeous new ring.

Hope there’s lots of progress up at the house @Bayek and yes, I think when winter comes, the heat will be a dim and distant memory and won’t seem so bad. We’ve actually arrived in Austin to snow :-o, the whole place had come to a standstill because it was such a rare sight. That’s quite some transformation, what did you use, I’ll try it on Colin:lol:

That is such a lovely picture of Chase @Slick1 , your daughter is really talented. Good luck for tomorrow, I’ll be thinking of and sending positive vibes across the miles.

I’m so sorry you’ve been having such a tough time @Keeliamira, I hope the new meds are effective and keeping the seizures under control. Mori is so cute and what a clever pup. I like the bottom picture, I think the turquoise really lifts the other colours.

Thank goodness the surgery is over and Greg is ok and ready to go home. I think you must be exhausted after such a stressful time and I wouldn’t be in the least surprised if the hives are a reaction to all the stress @missy. So glad it all went well and the surgeon decided to leave well alone and concentrated on taking care of what needed doing. I hope Greg isn’t in pain and resting peacefully now.

That’ll be great you can have your 2 days at home on your lifting days @marcy. I’m fine thanks, I think it’s the heat that makes be feel sick when exercising, and it’s been really muggy here the last few days.

We met Rob & Sue and had a good walk with them today, then came home and sat out for a while, but the skies soon turned grey so we came in just as it started to rain.

Big wave to @springerspaniel @MamaBee @bling_dream19 and @Niffler75, hope you’re all having a good day.

Anyone for a piece of lemon drizzle cake? :D

545FCEFA-6B80-4925-8253-C1D00479C9C1.jpeg

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone for a piece of lemon drizzle cake? :D

Yes please and to be fair I will gladly share our ice cream with you @Austina (from yesterday).

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 1.47.54 PM.png

I am sorry I have not responded individually to everyone. I am exhausted as I was awake for the day at 2AM this morning. So I will be back to read all the previous posts I missed and respond to you all when I am less fuzzy and better rested. Thank you all again for your support and love. It really makes a difference. (((Hugs))).

Leaving you with a photo I took of Bubbalah in the waiting room this AM. Oh and the mess up was cleared up by the nursing manager though it took a few hours since she didn't get in until after 8AM and I was in the wrong waiting room (ie general) from 5:30 til 8AM. They apologized profusely and I am just glad we are home and done with today's ordeal.

bubbalahthisaminthehospital.png

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy So glad you are both home. Rest up and take care!
@Keeliamira Been thinking about you! I'm so sorry you had a fall. It happened to me before my surgery. Also I had issues with processing speed and word finding. What next, what's the plan? Your new furbaby Mori is adorable.
@junebug17 Happy birthday! Hope you have had a lovely day
@Austina Yes please to lemon drizzle cake if you could send some o Yorkshire please! ;)2
@Bayek Gosh I do not leave my husbands eyebrows for too long or two start to merge into the 'unibrow'!

Thanks to everyone who has sent best wishes and kindness about my son meeting his new teachers. He had a really good visit with one today and they spent time in the garden building a Lego kit. So proud of my boy! :mrgreen2:

I also had a little treat arrive today, my 1.15ct merelani mint garnet. 20200617_135204.jpg 20200617_135530.jpg

Take care everyone! x

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you and Greg are home @missy. I hope you and Greg get a nice long nap, snuggled up with kitties and Greg is feeling better already.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results