shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy re: pool, it will be sort of like my avatar :) rectangle 15K gallons (so, it's small) with 2 sheers and 3 small arc sheers. I'm torn between

Pebble Sheen Prism Blue

1592671379864.png

And Pebble Sheen Blue Surf

1592672501719.png

They are both very pretty. That is a hard choice.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 Oooh we can compare mint garnets! What are you planning with yours? I am thinking of using teal or blue/green sapphire with mine, possibly asking Daniel M to help out. We shall see! :mrgreen2:

That sounds really pretty! I might add some pink melee or do 3, 5 pointer diamonds on each side in a triangle shape. We will have fun with our green garnets together friend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy glad to hear Greg is doing okay. I hope both of you have a relaxing weekend. I hate to hear about Tommy and Bobby are not doing so well. Ha Ha that rocks. Marty’s gym has been open since May 1st. He has recently got quite a few new clients; last night he was so crowded people had to wait for a station. I guess if that happens again he will have to assign times? I hope they can determine what gives Greg those kidney stones and can prevent future stones forming. Gorgeous sunrise/sunset picture (not sure which). I am glad PT is working out well for you. Sweet you got out for a lovely ride yesterday and had ice cream even though you were “late”. Ha Ha.

@Scandinavian I hope you and your family are doing well.

@AV_ good luck with your novelty piece of work.

@Niffler75 steak dinner for father’s day sounds perfect. As for our husbands being stubborn - no say it ain’t so. Ha Ha. Of course in my case Marty could counter with like you’re not stubborn? Hugs to Hershey and Oreo.

@Austina sounds like you have a delicious menu planned for Colin’s birthday. Sweet. I’m with you; I won’t wait that long for drive through food. Two hours at McD’s is a bit much. I did see the fatalities are dropping there and some things are opening. Definitely a positive diirection.

@junebug17 our husbands sound pretty similar; as long as we amuse ourselves that is what matters. I am glad you found such a beautiful OEC diamond. It looks amazing. It sounds like you had a really nice birthday.

@bling_dream19 you have had a very busy week and good for you continuing on organizing the basement. That is awesome your parents are coming to visit and the menu sounds delicious. Have a wonderful day! LOL to channeling your inner Marcy today - I am working on things but got distracted by Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2 on TV. Those Minions crack me up. You did have a blingtastic day yesterday. Very pretty and elegant pearl necklace and great trick to get the hair out of your chain. I love that the chain is from your dad. Hopefully you’ll post pictures of your OMC diamond, pink tourmaline and green garnet. Lots of new treasures there.

@Bayek I am enjoying the updates, pictures of your house and it helps me visualize what’s what with your explanation. Sweet. The game room accessible from the outside is a great idea. I love the idea of a big from door. You will have lots of sunlight in your house and I hope the 16 foot high ceilings don’t echo. Our last house had 15 foot peaks in our den and living room and I didn’t notice echos in them. This house has 10 foot ceilings with higher peaks; I really noticed our den was echoey when we had the hardwood floor put in there but once we put the area carpet down in there I don’t notice it anymore. Nice to be able to view the pool from your master bedroom. I had not heard that one before; good chuckle. I am glad we can easily amuse ourselves, right? Marty hates to ride with me too; if he has a few drinks I’ll tell him I’m driving home so then he says well now I need a lot more drinks. Everyone’s a comedian but not everyone is funny. Have fun at Mike’s and getting to see Auti.

I picked up groceries, am almost done with laundry, I have stuff out to make chocolate chip cookies but don’t know if I’ll bake them today. Marty just got back from a 7 mile hike. Poor guy says his feet hurt. I was going to read but got distracted by some Minions movies. They crack me up.

Take care.
Marcy

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi Marcy and the Nirdies,
Here are my latest treasures.. 760921 760922
20200620_163804.jpg
.65 omc
Light pink tourmaline
Mint garnet only
All preloved, why shop new when you can preloved?!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

@missy sorry to hear about your cats not eating. Hope Greg is on the mend.
@marcy it great that Marty is busy!
@bling_dream19 great new gems!!!!
@Bayek your house is coming right along!!!

Walking and cycling in between thunderstorms. LOL

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw Bling Dream you know what I think? I THINK I deserve NIRDIs I really do.. I deserve friends like you all, I deserve the kindness bestowed on me by people like YOU! Missy, Marcy, Austina, AV, Scandi, the great MamaBee, the wonderful and kind June, the kind Niffler, the sweet SpringerSpaniel, the best of of best Callie... aw the Scandi, the coolest lady everah!, oh and my Jimmieanne, who is kinder than and caring and coold and who made me feel very fortunate to have her in my life.. seriously all the NIRDIs.. a huge heart to everyone.

And @bling_dream19 thank you ! look forward to my house, it's gonna be nice, but pales compared to what I have learned from you and everyone.. I always say and I DO MEAN: Lucky LUCKY Kate :)

here's a huge hug to you sweetie, lucky me to know you !

You just made me cry. Hugs to you friend and lots of love. You deserve the house of your dreams and lots of sparkles.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 wowza the stones are wonderful, and I say always buy preloved, I bought a beautiful tourmaline from a PSer and I lost it, no lie! haha.. oh well.. :) preloved, perfection!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@Bayek you will never regret 16 foot ceilings! Once furniture is in the house, it generally does not echo, and it is wonderful to have some space. Even in New England, where we heat and cool that extra space several months of the year...The house is looking terrific! Thanks so much for the compliment--I appreciate it!

@missy please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. It is so hard to see the little guys suffering like that, not eating. I am glad that Greg is doing better, but how are you holding up?

Oatmeal raisin cookies are done, so I gotta go take them out of the oven...more later

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Sunday.

@marcy woohoo for new clients for Marty and for the gym being open since May 1st. Amazing. Glad you got your groceries and laundry done and how did those chocolate chip cookies turn out? Sounds delish. Hope you enjoy a happy Sunday. XOXO.

@springerspaniel thank you. The humans are OK. Doing all we can for the kitties. It's a struggle but we are not giving up. I wish I could share everything here but I cannot though some of you know what is going on as I shared it offline. It's one of the most challenging times we have gone through. And just yesterday afternoon my MIL was admitted to the hospital for GI upset for 3 days straight and dangerously low calcium and sodium. The doctors are trying to figure it out...they think it is due to her treatment for multiple myeloma. They think it is an allergic reaction but not sure. Waiting to hear from her hematologist. I called the hospital as soon as we found out but they refuse visitors at this time. Ugh. Anyway sorry to go on...we are hanging in there. Lots on our minds. Thank you for thinking of us and I hope you and Ellie are doing well and that all your loved ones are doing well. (((HUGS))). And yummm to oatmeal raisin cookies. YUMMMMM.

@Bayek I am so sorry Salley isn't doing well. :( Sending her bucketloads of healing dust and lots of love. As for your house- oooh it looks just beautiful. I LOVE everything about the house. LOVE high ceilings and it is going to be gorgeous. I am so lucky you and the other NIRDIs are in our life and sending you big hugs and much love girlie. Kate the very great and wise and wonderful.

@canuk-gal yay for walking and cycling between thunderstorms. Sweet. Hugs to you and hope your Sunday is a funday indeed. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 aww you are so sweet. I am loving your new bling. BEAUTIFUL. Just like you. Big hugs and much love and lots of good thoughts being sent your way. XOXO.

@Slick1 how was your night last night? How are you feeling this AM? I hope you are feeling better and I am keeping good thoughts for you. Will contact you as soon as we give the cats their meds. Big hugs and much love. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. I gotta run but sending you all hugs and sorry I didn't mention everyone but I am thinking good thoughts for all of you.
Leaving you with our ice cream of the day yesterday. (((Hugs))).

Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 6.48.56 AM.png

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy Really sorry to hear the news about you MIL. Hope the docs can figure out what is going on. Sending her a message!
images.jpeg-1.jpg

Hope Greg is continuing to heal ok. I am so sorry for struggles with the kitties. I wish I could do more to help!

@Bayek I am sorry about Salley. I am really enjoying your house pics. I love high ceilings too. I live in a Victorian house built in 1905 and we have lovely high ceilings in the main lounge and master bedroom.

Well today was my first relatively normal trip to a book shop, clothes shop and garden centre today. I picked out a few new plants, a lavender and a 'chocolate' cosmos.

The weather is set to get quite hot here by wednesday so I am planning a few outside jobs before it gets too warm for me!
Take care everyone, will check in again later. x

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’ll catch up tomorrow, we‘ve just got home and feeling tired, and Adam has just FaceTimed, just wanted to say hi to all you lovely ladies :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovelies. Thank you @Niffler75 and @Austina and @Slick1 and @bling_dream19 we appreciate your good wishes for my MIL and for the kitties. It's a crazy time. She isn't doing well. And now Oliver has an eye issue so drops around the clock again. The fun keeps coming. Mostly just trying to get through each day and praying everyone (kitties, MIL and us) come through this in one piece.

@Slick1 hope you got a good night's sleep and that your stitches start behaving and the swelling goes down. Big hugs and lots of healing dust to you sweet friend. XOXO.

@Austina glad you enjoyed FaceTime with Adam and hope Colin and Adam and you and Kim had a nice Father's Day. Hugs.

@Niffler75 what a treat. Books, gardens and clothing, sweet. It is getting very warm here as well. Supposed to hit 90F tomorrow I think. I am sweating just thinking about it lol. Stay cool and enjoy. XOXO.

Hello to everyone else. Happy Father's Day to all your dads past and present. Hope yesterday held some happy memories for those whose dads/grandads are gone and joy and love for those whose dads are well.

We did what we had to do yesterday and then went cycling and it was a nice cycling day. 60 plus miles both yesterday and Saturday so we cycled our little hearts out lol. Today I have PT this AM and then hopefully will get to cycle a bit as well in between eye drops for Oliver.

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 5.07.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 5.08.00 AM.png

Leaving you with our sunrise this morning. It does make it worthwhile being awake when most are asleep. Gorgeous and peaceful and allows one to reflect upon life.

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 5.09.03 AM.png

Enjoy a wonderful Monday lovely ladies. XOXO.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy ¡ You two went cycling! Is this two days after surgery? Tough folk! Uh, nevermind going into hospitals for another year; of course it is preposterous to stay away ,( - what makes sense anymore. I hope all will be done right; for me, it is impossible to think through illness, even mine, let alone someone else's; in fact, if I cannot be there, I would hardly know what to say to anybody, obviously ,(

I am out of circulation [work, of course, & summer niceties too.

-

@bling_dream19 I am admiring the diamond you have picked - it seems close the the right-most from www, but yours has highly bright mains among the glitter, like the left-most [delighted!]

@junebug17 I have been smiling at your latest mention since I have seen it [two days ago] - I am guessing your diamond is close to the middle stone from among those three & yes, I love warm glitter at least as much as flash - I'd need a couple dozen diamonds to see everything I think they can do.

-

the hot wind is quite something - just what I wished for in winter, ha!

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

What a difference a week makes!

@Bayek, it’s great to see how quickly the house is progressing and thank you for the detailed floor plan, I think it’s going to be perfect, exactly the sort of floor plan that would suit us to a T! I like the Pebble Sheen Blue Surf, that turquoise hue reminds me of the Caribbean waters. So glad you got to see the fam this weekend and cuddle Auti. Oy to the rising numbers there, Adam says that he hears of a lot of younger folks who think they’re invincible and are totally unconcerned about the effect the virus has on vulnerable and older people. Unbelievable that there are still people who thinks this is just some giant hoax. Poor Salley, I doubt the heat is helping much. Stay safe and well from one tough old bird to another :D

Your new stones are really pretty @bling_dream19, you’ve really got the bug now :mrgreen: Thanks for your sweet words, there are plenty of people who’ve had it tough, I’m still here, and I was very lucky that I met my rock when I was so young, and we’ve stayed together for 42 years! I love your pearl necklace, it’s simple and classically elegant and looks great on you.

That’s great news that Marty’s gym is doing so well @marcy, I’m so pleased that this mess hasn’t had a negative impact of his business. Fortunately, Adam has found the same, so at least there’s one positive. Is it this week you’re starting your 2 days working from home? Are most people back at work from this week?

How did your weekend go @AV_?

@missy, I’m so sorry to hear that your MIL isn’t doing well, I sincerely hope this is just a blip in her treatment and she’ll soon be back at her home and feeling better. Oy, poor Ollie, when is this nightmare going to end? I know what a difficult time this is for you both, so many worrying situations to deal with all at once. Greg sounds like he’s doing great with his recovery, I can’t believe he’s out cycling and you’re covering the miles so soon after his surgery. Please take good care of yourself too whilst you’re dealing with this situation. Xxx

I’m glad you had a nice birthday @junebug17, it sounds like you managed to make the best of the situation.

How’s Ellie doing @springerspaniel, I hope she’s recovering well?

I’m glad you’re enjoying a little normality @Niffler75, it makes all the difference doesn’t it?

We had such a lovely day yesterday, I can’t tell you how much it lifted my mood. We went to Sue and Robs for afternoon tea, sat in their lovely garden, had a glass of champagne, and chatted all afternoon. We didn’t realise how the time had flown, and before we realised, it was nearly 8pm. As soon as we got home, Adam and Kim FaceTimed and it was 10.30pm by the time they said goodbye.

We went to the driving range this morning and bashed some balls around, we think we’ll book a tee time next week. We’ve been sitting in the garden all afternoon, it’s quite blowy, but it’s bright and sunny.

There were 15 deaths here yesterday from CV, it’s always lower at the weekend, but let’s hope the numbers continue to stay very low, and we can continue to move forward and get through this.

We’re going for a walk tomorrow morning and will probably make a trip to Costco later in the day.

Happy Monday lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Austina The weekend lasted one blink, as far as I can tell - the hot wind kept me away from thyme picking so my reserve is running low [mornings are bright & fun, but I am so not a morning person - tomorrow, maybe, not least because the fish market closes at 10am, by which time, it has been long since empty]. I had littlle reason to really take a break & the week is quite relaxed for once; there is a good chance my bitter oranges will get on toast, even [tbd.]

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Hey, I am missing something, text me, you said 'we did what we had to do' I don't get that or actually I understand the saying but context to you I am missing. Love you.. did you spend time at all with your Dad? how's Greg's mom? how are you? I'm okay no complaints except hot. We bought today some ice cream! I like desire ice cream! your pictures are gorgeous Missy as they are on IG.. my my heart sing.... love to you all, how's Tommy? if nothing MIssy, the views from your home and beach etc are exquisite, like you. :) xoxoxox

@Austina Ha! I'm leaning to Blue Surf too! it's Caribbean like... it's hot.. what Adam says is true Austina, not too much care here for the oldsters :( (our sons and future and DIL withstanding).. Glad you are feeling better, you are probably close to bedtime.. please tell Colin hi from John and I and we look forward to seeing you guys asap. xoxoxo

@AV_ I'm out of the loop a lot lately due to the house taking up so much time and Salley and Zooming with fam and kids! sending hugs.

@Niffler75 Hello sweetie! how are you? how's your weather? how's the boy? sending love.!

@Daisys and Diamonds Hello sweet lady! how's NZ, did I ever tell you that NZ was my most favorite spot in the universe as I've been to it.. now Maui is gorgeous too as is Bora Bora, but NZ! magical.. xoxoxo

@marcy hey girlie thanks for your kid words on Auti :) in IG.. she is a sweetie! xoxox

@junebug17 hey Junie.. are you still in the NE? how's ALL your fam? I know your brother is doing better which is always great news, I talked to my crazy but still my brother and he's good staying in his apt, he's 62.. my mom's baby.. and he acts like it :) love you!

@MamaBee how's EVERYONE is your life the new baby boy??? are you in PA or Maryland?? I'm confused as usual.

@canuk-gal Hello Sharon! hope you aren't as hot as we are in hotternhell Texas, our heat feels like 38C (101 F).. ugh. xoxoxoxo

@springerspaniel Hi springer! hope you and your family and pup are wonderful! xoxox

@Keeliamira sending hugs, dust and love to you.. xoxoxo

@Slick1 Hola Ms Slick! how's the NE weather? your pix are always beautiful and I always say that, just put me on repeat girl! xoxoxo

okay spend time at the house today and I almost melted but survived, the heat knocks me out so I have like chillax out when I get back ... ugh.. anyway here's a pix of the outdoor kitchen and one pix of the big metal metal rail keeping the house up in the back. things move and then they don't.. my bestie in all my life Kath had her debfib/pacemaker device shock her 2x as she was passing out and down her husband caught her and she popped back.. so that started a hoopla with all her heart docs (and she has no lie, a cardiologist, a cardiologist who ONLY reads her images (MRI, CT) some interventional cardiologist guy) so she was naturally upset and she has to start all the tests etc again, her ejection fraction is lower again just above low normal.. I have been talking her off the edge of the cliff, she's only 55, she is unique and I could writ a book about her, but shes always there when I need her.. so that is taking enormous time for me.. I went down and sat by her pool and we distanced and spent hours with her. They don't know what caused her heart disease. :( so that is much of my time these days.. and the fam. :) so here's a few pix and one of Auti and Cara, if you see me on Insta than I posted these there too I think! :)

xo

John at the house toay.

john063330.jpg IMG_20200622_160715_198.jpg IMG_20200622_160856_704.jpg

Okay the above is the outdoor kitchen, butterfly roof to come duh. cooking area in the right side of the pix and eating, sitting area to the right, right across a walkway will be the pool (eventually someday!)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIS.

@canuk-gal thank you. Marty is pretty happy to be picking up new clients. Have fun between thunderstorms.

@Bayek your house is going to be awesome and Auti gets cuter every time I see her. I am sorry to hear Salley isn’t doing well.

@springerspaniel your cookies sound delicious. I didn’t get mine baked

@missy I did not get my cookies baked. we still have some mini cheesecakes and a few peanut butter cookies to tide us over. I hope your MIL is doing better now and they get her issues resolved soon. i Am keeping you and Greg and the kitties in my thoughts. Your ice cream looks delicious. absolutely gorgeous sunrise. You are maybe over 1000 miles now?

@Niffler75 how exciting to go out shopping. I will have to look up chocolate cosmos. I love the purple ones.

@Austina I hope you are rested up today. I am glad Adams business hasn’t been impacted too much. Today was rather strange at work, my floor was teaming with people. Yes, I start staying home 2 days a week this week. Nice that you enjoyed the driving range today and are going to book some tee times soon. Glad to see fatalities are going down, seems like they are going down everywhere. I am so sorry to hear about your best friend. That is scary, sounds like she has a great cardiologist so hope they get her on the mend soon.

@AV_ aren’t some of the NIRDIS getting some gorgoeus new diamonds? Glad we can enjoy them. I hope you had a relaxing day.

I almost finished 2 books this weekend. I managed to get through the last few chapters at work today during lunch. I am working from home on Wednesday and Thursday this week. My best friend‘s father had a heart attack today but they fixed him up right away and will keep him in ICU for a few days.

take Care.
marcy.
sorry about typos I’m on my iPad.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies.

@missy ¡ You two went cycling! Is this two days after surgery? Tough folk! Uh, nevermind going into hospitals for another year; of course it is preposterous to stay away ,( - what makes sense anymore. I hope all will be done right; for me, it is impossible to think through illness, even mine, let alone someone else's; in fact, if I cannot be there, I would hardly know what to say to anybody, obviously ,(

I am out of circulation [work, of course, & summer niceties too.

Yes your math is correct. Surgery was Thursday last week and we were cycling Saturday. We could have cycled Friday (Greg was feeling OK) but there was threat of thunderstorms and we don't enjoy cycling in thunder and lightning though we have done it many (accidentally) times. LOL. Greg is feeling well thanks for asking. The kitties not so much and so it goes. We are doing all we can for them and yesterday Greg remarked he doesn't know anyone else who would do the same for their cats. But I said yes we do. My parents and sister at the very least. And I know some PSers too who would move heaven and earth for their furry babies. I am suffering as much as they are right now because I feel their stress so acutely. Every day, multiple times a day I pray for my furry babies. I know you all wish them well too. Thank you so much for that.

I am glad you are enjoying some R and R and please continue to enjoy some lazy summer/winter days. Hugs.

@missy, I’m so sorry to hear that your MIL isn’t doing well, I sincerely hope this is just a blip in her treatment and she’ll soon be back at her home and feeling better. Oy, poor Ollie, when is this nightmare going to end? I know what a difficult time this is for you both, so many worrying situations to deal with all at once. Greg sounds like he’s doing great with his recovery, I can’t believe he’s out cycling and you’re covering the miles so soon after his surgery. Please take good care of yourself too whilst you’re dealing with this situation. Xxx

Thank you dear @Austina, I don't know, when indeed. My MIL is now depressed and we just found out she needs surgical intervention (probably) due to blood clots in her lungs. Either meds or surgery and we are waiting to talk with the doctors. They might need to transfer her to a hospital in Philadelphia. And still no visitors. We are living in brutal times. Greg and I have our attention divided many different places at the moment and we don't know what to do first. And yes my toenail has started becoming a big issue again. Don't ask. Right now our main concern is getting Oliver's eye better (spoke with Vet ophthalmologist assistant and if necessary we have to go through the vet hospital ER as she is fully booked) and making sure Greg's mom gets the appropriate care. Thank goodness he has 2 other brothers and they are all sharing in the responsibility.

So glad you had a wonderful afternoon with Sue and Rob and that it lifted your spirits. We got to social distance visit with our good friend K in SG the other day as we cycled by and she came running out. We had a lovely chat and it was a boost for all of us. Enjoy Costco today and a nice walk as well. XOXO.

@missy Hey, I am missing something, text me, you said 'we did what we had to do' I don't get that or actually I understand the saying but context to you I am missing. Love you.. did you spend time at all with your Dad? how's Greg's mom? how are you? I'm okay no complaints except hot. We bought today some ice cream! I like desire ice cream! your pictures are gorgeous Missy as they are on IG.. my my heart sing.... love to you all, how's Tommy? if nothing MIssy, the views from your home and beach etc are exquisite, like you. :) xoxoxox

I messaged you. Same old same old. Just doing the best we can under the most challenging of circumstances. Your house is looking so beautiful. I am very excited for you. Truly jumping up and down inside for you because finally good things are happening for you and the house. Yeah the heat is awful and I am with you. You need more ice cream haha and glad you enjoyed it. I love you too girlie. You are the best of da best and my heart to your heart. Forever friends. (((Hugs))).

How is your bestie Kath doing now? I am keeping good thoughts for her. Very scary and she is young (haha I feel that way because I will be her age in just over a month oy). Stay cool and stay well my sweet great friend. XOXO.

Speaking of forever friends dear @Slick1 how are you feeling today? Continued healing dust and lots of love your way. XOXO.

And another forever friend, heck you all are forever friends. I love all of you.
@bling_dream19 how goes your week? It's Tuesday already. Days is so busy. He got 120 tubs of ice cream yesterday and he was complaining all the young staff couldn't come in early to help unload. I feel his pain. He is a curmudgeon but a lovable one and we speak the same language I think haha. Anyway I digress. Big hugs and love and thank you for all your warm and generous support. Means the world to me. And your bling is divine! LOVE.

@marcy dear Marcy my cherished friend. How are you? Thank you for keeping all of us in your thoughts. Means so much to me. We are around 1400 miles now I think? Not sure because I have not checked since we went over 1000. Greg needs to change the tires between 1500-1600 miles so he is keeping track for that reason. MIL not doing great. I explained above. But hopeful once she is treated she will be OK. It's just her mood is not her normal self. She is depressed. Darn hospital not allowing visitors. I am so sorry about your best friend's father and wishing him a speedy recovery. Glad you finished 2 books this weekend. You go girl. I wish I could concentrate and read a book. Glad you can work from home Wed and Thurs again. Sweet. Tomorrow I have 2 medical appts. One in the city with my endocrinologist and one with my podiatrist. It is going to be a stressful day but trying to remain calm throughout no matter what we encounter. Thinking good thoughts. Sending you hugs.

@Niffler75 how was shopping? I enjoy a chocolate Cosmo now and then but last time was more then as it was 10 years ago I think. Time flies. Hope all continues to go well and easily and more normal than not. XOXO.

@junebug17 hope you are enjoying a lovely week. And the family is doing well. Hugs.

@springerspaniel how is your week going? Hope all is well and that Ellie is doing well and feeling good. Sending you good wishes and hugs and lots of healing dust continuing. XOXO.

@MJ_Mac hugs to you and your furry crew and hope all is well.

@sarahb thinking of you and sending you lots of good wishes and hugs.

Hi to everyone else. We cycled yesterday despite lots of things going on needing our attention. We are busy from morning to night and lots of it not pleasant but cycling is the one bright spot. And ice cream too. More of the same today but Wednesday and Thursday too busy to cycle since we have to head into the city for doctor appts etc. But that is OK. One day at a time. And if it is OK to ask for more healing dust for little Oliver and his poor eye we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you lovelies and sending you all big hugs and lots of love.

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 5.52.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 5.54.05 AM.png

Happy Tuesday all.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends! I hope everyone is having a terrific Tuesday =)2 Tuesdays are usually not that busy of a work day so I'm loving today.
@missy oh dear I'm sorry to hear you MIL is depressed and needs surgical intervention. Will keep her and you and Greg in my prayers. Always thinking about you and the kitties. Your sunrise picture is glorious and beautiful. There is nothing like a quiet sunrise morning. And I miss OG and I'm so glad you're keeping Days in business :appl:Hugs and love to you always friend.
@Austina You are amazing and I'm so glad you found your wonderful husband. You are both so lucky to have found each other but I think actually your husband is the luckiest one. And your day of tea and champagne in the garden sounds soo lovely. And thanks for the bling compliments - I def have the bug lol. I'm glad you and Missy approve of my OMC. The deal happened so quick and I really didn't have time to consult with you experts but she offered a return so I went for it. Now I've just got to figure out the setting. And then I need to settle down and not buy :lol: I'm excited for you to get your dream bracelet someday.
@marcy how are you girl? I channeled my inner Marcy and cleaned and cooked and my parents loved the lunch. I made a cheesecake and it was a hit. You are a great friend.
@Bayek you are the best and your sweet post made me so happy! Did you decide on your pool? Little Auti is such a cutiepie! I hope you're doing well and having lots of fun building your dream home! I hope to be able to do that one day too.
@Niffler75 I hope you and your little guy are doing well! I can just tell you are a great mom and I'm so sorry what you went through. You are in the triumphing team that is for sure.
@AV_ thanks for your compliments on my little omc - what should I do with it lol? I hope you're enjoying delicious food and lovely weather.
@springerspaniel I hope you're doing well!
Hugs, love and sparkles to all!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@junebug17 and I echo @Bayek your posts are very calming. You have extreme empathy. I'm glad to hear your brother is doing better. I hope you're enjoying the beach or a pool somewhere with your gorgeous jewelry :kiss2:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone :wavey: A bit late checking in today but feeling a bit yuck with the warm weather.
@missy I am so sorry you can't visit your MIL. I know the cats are a great source of worry for you. I wish I knew exactly what to say to make you feel better but I an sending great big sincere hugs! Thinking of you with your appointments tomorrow! x
@bling_dream19 Hi, I am a great believer that sometimes things in life happen for a reason. I delayed being a mum, then went down the adoption route and have the most wonderful son. Be it fate, the stars aligning or whatever you believe, I found my sweet boy! :kiss2:
@Bayek I love your outdoor cooking area. Food tastes so much better when eaten outside IMHO!
@marcy I just could not resist a chocolate coloured cosmos. Wonder if it smells of chocolate too? :read:

Trying to relax as much as possible this evening and cool the house down so I sleep ok!
Take care x

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Phew, it’s been hot here today.

I’m sorry this weather causes you problems @Niffler75, it’s going to be a scorcher tomorrow, so stay cool. Maybe put some flannels in the freezer tonight, so you can get a quick cool off tomorrow if it does hit the predicted 90 degs. Colin’s Mum grew a chocolate cosmos, and it was lovely.

That’s really sad about your friend @Bayek, she’s so young to be going through so much. You’re a good friend, and I know she will have appreciated you going to sit with her and chat when she was feeling so worried. I know how much something so simple can mean, and how it would’ve lifted her mood. I love seeing the house progress and hearing what’s happening. Auti looks like a proper little girl now (rather than a baby IYKWIM)

I do remind Colin how lucky he is @bling_dream19 , I’m not sure he believes me :lol: Glad Tuesdays aren’t too busy work wise. I don’t think you need any help from us, you’ve picked out some stunners, and it’s going to be fun planning what you’ll do with them.

Oh my gosh, what a shock for your friend @marcy, I’m glad they got her Dad to the ER quickly so he could get treated. Hopefully he’ll be fine in a few days. I’m reading a lot more now, I used to read a lot, but stopped, but now we’re sitting outside so much, I’m working my way through the books I kept buying. I’m reading a Harlan Coben at the moment, it’s really good as some of the action is taking place here in London. Yay to working from home tomorrow and Thursday.

Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear about MIL @missy, no wonder she’s feeling depressed, she must be so worried at the prospect of surgery and not being able to have visitors. It’s very hard for all of you, it’s the same here regarding no visitors, but if it keeps patients safe, it’s for the best. Poor little Ollie, is this latest eye issue related to the problem he had when you got him? I hope your appointments go well tomorrow, you absolutely don’t need any more on your plate when you’re dealing with so much already. You know you always have our thoughts and good wishes, I just wish we could offer practical help.

I’m glad you haven‘t got such a busy week coming up @AV_, hopefully you’ll be able to get out and forage for your favourite bits and pieces.

We had a lovely walk this morning with Sue and Rob, sat in the garden when we got home, and headed off to Costco about 4pm. I’d heard it was a good time to go, and it was, no queue, in and around, got what we needed, and didn’t have to wait to pay either - perfect.

We’ve had a further easing of our lockdown, the Govt are happy that we’ve satisfied the 5 pillars, so from the 4th July, we can go to friends for a meal and be inside. More things are opening with appropriate measures in place, all we need is for people to remain sensible. Our August flight to Austin was officially cancelled today, so that‘s number 4 trip cancelled, but in all likelihood, we wouldn’t have been going anyway.

It’s going to be a scorcher tomorrow, so I don’t think I’ll do Pilates in the morning, I don’t need to be feeling sick and boiling hot.

p.s. My birthday bracelet has come, all will be revealed, but it’s nothing like I was previously looking at :lol:

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy that’s great Greg is recovering so well. I know you and Greg will do everything you can for your kitties and I am sending mega their way. I am sorry your MIL is depressed and she probably needs to be moved for possible surgery. Sending her big hugs. You and Greg are certainly dealing with so many issues. Sending Ollie mega dust for his eye. Sorry dear friend. And what the heck your toe is acting up. It’s no wonder you can’t concentrate to read a book. I couldn’t read for at least 2 years after my parents died; the quiet led to my mind wandering and I couldn’t concentrate. Glad you and Greg can get away and go for rides to enjoy something you love so much. Wow for closing in on 1500 miles already. Good luck with your appointments tomorrow.

@bling_dream19 I am glad you enjoy Tuesdays. Monday is often my lightest work day; sadly they are all slow right now. LOL to channeling your inner Marcy; but I am glad your parents enjoyed their visit and delicious dinner. Thank you friend. That’s why I’m here. What are you thinking to do with your pretty diamond?

@Niffler75 chocolate cosmos are very pretty, that would be cool if they smell like chocolate. Sorry the heat is making you feel yucky. I hope it cools down for you. I am so delighted for you and your son found each other. Yes, your meme made me chuckled too.

@Austina good idea to freeze towels. Our last house didn’t have AC at first so sometimes we’d plug in our RV and crank on the AC in there. Who cares how much electricity that was using; it felt good? I used one of my summer teaching checks to have AC installed; good call there. I remind Marty too how lucky he is to have me; he doesn’t seem convinced either. Go figure. Nice you are reading outside now; Marty sets on our deck and reads a lot; sadly that only works at most 4 months a year. When I was teaching I only had time to read books between semesters. After I stopped teaching I bought a Kindle and read all the time. It was great. Sounds like you had a nice time with your friends and sweet to finding the perfect time to shop at Costco. Ooh birthday bracelet? I am so excited but you are being a bling tease.

Speaking of being a tease I was so bored at work today I was contemplating tricks to play on my friends. I told my sister I must have been bored a lot as a kid since I was always trying something. Strange she readily agreed.

My friend told me today her dad’s heart was 99% plugged; good thing they fixed him up when they did. He gets to come home tomorrow and is on a low sodium, low fat diet.

I picked off dead flowers when I got home then grilled myself a burger for supper. I put it in a piece of toast and followed up with a mini cheesecake, cherries, cool whip and chocolate drizzle. That was delicious.

Take care.
Marcy

Some of my flowers and my dessert.

IMG_0085.JPG IMG_4526.JPG IMG_6918.JPG IMG_1988.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

@missy sorry you have so much on your plate. Overwhelming to say the least. Healing vibes across the miles.

I know folks don't like the heat--so send it my way!! It didn't get up tp the 28C that was predicted today so I was disappointed. Doesn't matter as I am not quite myself and I couldn't go far (walk or cycle) at any rate. Will see my GP Thursday.

Stay safe, well and calm; Carry on!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM ladies off to the endocrinologist. Hope everyone enjoyed a good day yesterday.

@marcy thank you for your good wishes. I am sorry you couldn't concentrate for 2 years after your parents died and I totally understand. Sometimes life feels futile. Glad your friend's dad is on the road to recovery. Good thing they caught it in time. Sorry work is a bit boring and haha I like the way you think. Practical jokes help liven up the day. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 aww thank you and right back at you. Hugs and more hugs. Stay well.

@Niffler75 thank you so much dear. I appreciate your good wishes. Just knowing you are here and care makes a difference. Big hugs.

@Austina wow it is warm by you. Enjoy Pilates today and glad you enjoyed Sue and Rob's company yesterday as well as a Costco run. Good for you getting through those pillars onto better times. Thank you as always for your support and friendship. XOXO.

@canuk-gal thanks very much. I am sorry you did not get the heat you wanted. Sending you hot weather thoughts. I am sorry you don't feel 1--% right now. Hope you have a good GP appointment tomorrow. XOXO.

@Slick1 glad you are doing better and hope that continues. Go away swelling and stay in stitches. Hugs to you.

@MamaBee hope those bugs are gone. Bye bye. And hope David and your mom and Shcatzie and you are all doing well. Hugs.

Hi to everyone else. My MIL is in ICU and being transferred to a hospital in Philadelphia where they can blast those pulmonary emboli. Thank you all for your continued good wishes. They are going to get her better and then hopefully figure out another treatment for her multiple myeloma since they think the treatment caused all these issues. Greg's brothers are flying in to Philadelphia. One today and one this weekend.

We had a good ride (last one for a while) yesterday despite the heat and enjoyed some ice cream.

View attachment 761690

Off to the endocrinologist girls. Have a good day. XOXO.

Leaving you with the beach and a bird in a nest on top of the building as we rode in Sandy Hook yesterday.

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 5.05.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 5.05.29 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty sunrise from the car.
BBE24C4B-DC90-46F5-89E0-51328E70EB64.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results