shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy Woke up thinking of you. I will be checking in here regularly and am sending hugs and calming thoughts.
I think the ability to compartmentalise comes with life experiences. I too am a little better than I used to be at handling stressful situations.
Keeping you all in my thoughts, Greg, Tommy and your whole family! xxx

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Woke up thinking of you. I will be checking in here regularly and am sending hugs and calming thoughts.
I think the ability to compartmentalise comes with life experiences. I too am a little better than I used to be at handling stressful situations.
Keeping you all in my thoughts, Greg, Tommy and your whole family! xxx

Thank you @Niffler75 ❤❤❤

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so sorry @missy, sounds like MIL has made peace with her decision, I just hope she’ll be pain free and comfortable while she‘s in the hospice. I’m sure knowing everyone is on board with her decision has made it easier to accept, and visits from her family will be such a comfort to her. I hope Debbie has some good news for you regarding Tommy, poor, sweet little boy. There’s nothing worse than feeling so helpless when you don‘t know what’s wrong. Yes, the only way to cope is to compartmentalise and deal with things as and when they happen, you can’t change what will happen.

People have been going mad here too, pictures on the beaches on Thursday, wall to wall bodies, you couldn’t even see any sand. Second wave, here we come, and another 12 weeks of lockdown, honestly, I just can’t understand the stupidity.

Your weather is crazy @marcy, we’ve been having a heat wave here, so to see huge hail stones in your neck of the woods in the height of the summer, wow!

I hope your recovery is going well @Slick1.

Things are really moving quickly with the house @Bayek, great choice of doors and the pool is going to be gorgeous. Adam was telling us yesterday that last weekend in Lakeway, there was a party of 2-300 youngster, some of whom were waiting for their Covid test results. :roll: :doh: What the hell is wrong with them? I think at this rate the next time we come to Tx is going to be on moving day.

Hi @junebug17, hope you’re keeping safe and well.

What a relief it’s cooler today @Niffler75 it was unbearable on Thursday, wasn’t it? Glad things are going well with the little guy and his teachers.

Are you having a relaxing weekend @bling_dream19 ?

We had a lovely afternoon on Thursday with our friends, just a quiet weekend in store here.

Please keep safe and well lovely NIRDIs there are too many idiots out there who just aren’t taking this seriously :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Bayek I see that Cara is getting much of the early education that I had re. turquoise.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Your latest year is incredible ,( - even just what you tell, it is overwhelming.

@AV_ never have truer words been written. I have shared not even half of what we are going through. Heading now to see my MIL who is apparently on her last days. She couldn’t be woken up this morning. She is now in palliative care and the ETA on our GPS says we will arrive there at 12:29.

Thanks @Austina. I’m glad you are well and staying safe despite the madness all around.

My sister did xrays and blood on Tommy and gave him a steroid injection and B12 injection and a Cerenia injection. Plus an immediate IV appetite stimulant. Unfortunately the appetite stimulant did nothing. Debbie said it either works immediately or it doesn’t work at all. He lost 1.5 lbs. For an 9 lb cat that’s significant. She last saw him just 4 months ago.

She didn’t think it was time to put him to sleep so he’s back with us but day 4 no food. She gave him IV fluids only. Waiting for bloodwork but it isn’t looking good. :(

That’s the update. Thanks for being here girls.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no @missy, there are just no words, please know, we’re thinking of you all :cry:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

@missy --Tommy looks like a sweet thin furry bug, hug him for me and I will pray he can eat something. It is comforting that your MIL will be well looked after at Hospice; it is truly the "best" of care; family-cenric, kind, gentle, and gracious. Glad the family is all together to comfort each other and your MIL during this sad time. I pray your MIL is comfortable. HUGS to you and yours.

I had a thorough check up with my GP and well see the results of blood work next week. The vasovagal response I experienced last Saturday was a "one of", but lightheadedness is something else. Anyway, I was able to ride yesterday for a bit--it was hot and humid which didn't help.

@marcy--June is typically our stormy month--as we've had TS almost daily and hail in parts of the city and outskirts of town. It is predicted to rain most of next week with cooler temps.

@Austina I look at those photos of entire populations at the beach and I shutter. The news is so horrific these days will all kinds of issues that I don't read it; but I did happen upon an interview of a British family who were upset others were at the beach along with them.......:?::?: I hope your family in Texas stay safe and well. Can't be easy.

@Bayek everything about your house looks lovely--courtesy of your neighbour! :lol-2: Doesn't he bug you just a little bit??? Drones are illegal here; and there is nothing stopping him from flying by after your house is built. (twilight zone music here....)

@junebug17 hope you continue to enjoy your beautiful new ring--and all your other lovely jewellery.

Sending healing vibes across the miles to those who want and need them....

cheer--Sharon

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I continue to keep you all on my thoughts! Even though your MIL is asleep she will be well aware I am sure of family around her.
I am glad Tommy was seen today. I'm so sorry you have all this going on.
I was not able to be there for my father in law before he died as i had to look after my son. My husband did the travelling to Ireland. I felt pretty wretched as I wanted to see him and support my MIL and there was really nothing i could do. ::) I am so so glad you can be there with your family at this time. x

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy my heart is breaking with you for your MIL and Tommy. I wish I had the words that could comfort you; just know I am keeping all of you in my thoughts. I am glad you MIL will be at peace and I hope having her family around brings her comfort. I hope the meds Debbie gave Tommy help. Hugs to all of you. I am glad you are able to do some things that bring you joy right now like riding and ice cream. It seems the older we get the more pain and heartache we collect. As you said taking things as they come and still doing some things you enjoy help us with the tough times.

@Niffler75 maybe the more stress we deal with the better we get at it. It is a hard lesson for sure. Sorry you couldn’t go visit your FIL but glad your DH was able to be with him.

@Austina sadly we get a lot of hail here. Sorry you are continuing to have a heat wave. I don’t tolerate heat well; of course the joke is I can’t tolerate a 1 degree difference. I’m usually cold. Enjoy your quiet weekend.

@AV_ yes sweet @missy has had an overwhelming year.

@canuk-gal I hope they find a reason for your lightheadedness, that is scary. Good luck with your test results. Good luck with all of your TS. We didn’t get our usual rains in May. July and August seem to have more severe thunderstorms because of the heat. Let’s hope we both remain hail free this summer. I’m with your the thoughts of drones flying over are creepy. When. Marty isn’t home I always close the shade over the window in our door because I think about that.

I finished book 5 of my 11 book series last night. I am working on laundry, made chocolate chip cookies and diid dishes twice already today. We went out for lunch when Marty got home from hiking. He got my car washed on the way home. Looks like another thunderstorm is moving in today.

Keeping all of you fine ladies in my thoughts.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

@missy, I'm sorry about your mil, I know it's very sad and painful for those who love her. Sometimes people just get very tired. The hardships of life outweigh the joys for them. It's hard for us to understand but she is at peace. I know this is all so difficult on her loved ones though. Makes one feel very helpless too. I hope she is comfortable and free from pain. I'm sorry Tommy still isn't eating and I hope the tests give some answers and he starts eating soon. XXX

@canuk-gal, I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope the test results shed some light on what's going on. Please take it easy and take care of yourself. <3

@bling_dream19, your new gemstones and OEC are gorgeous. You have such a great eye for colored stones. Can't wait to see what you do with them. Really sweet of PreRaphaelite to give you the pearl, it looks lovely on you. Aw, thanks for your nice words. I love reading your posts about your home, your yummy meals, your life with your dh...very comforting and reassuring.

@Bayek, wow, the house is really taking shape. I love that you'll have a view of the pool from the bedroom. The outdoor kitchen, the doors and the plans for the pool look great. Love the pics of Auti wearing your mother's necklace, so sweet and adorable. You perk me up with your energy, I guess we balance each other out! Glad your brother is ok and I think mine is being more careful too. Must be tough to see your friend Kath have so many health issues. She sounds like a great person and I'm glad you were able to spend time with her. Colonoscopies are no fun and I'm glad yours is over and done with. My family is doing good, everyone is healthy and doing ok dealing with this surreal life we're all living.

@marcy, it's great Marty's gym is doing well. I think it's very good that we crack ourselves up, that way we are always entertained lol. I'm sorry to hear about your best friend's father and I hope his recovery is going well. Your flowers are really beautiful and that dessert looks amazing. Nice that you got together with friends for cards and lunch, sounds like fun. That hailstorm you had is crazy! Sounds like you had a busy day and I'm glad you had a chance to catch up on your reading.

@Austina, I'm really glad you are having a wonderful time getting together with your friends. It really does help to be with friends and do things that make life feel more normal. It's good to hear that restrictions are being lifted and things seem to be calming down a bit. Oooh, can't wait to see your birthday bracelet!

@springerspaniel, yum to raisin oatmeal cookies.

@Niffler75, it's nice you were able to go out to a few shops, makes things feel a little more normal. So good to hear that your ds had a good session with his teacher, I'm really glad things are working out and you must be feeling so relieved and happy. Love that bullfinch, I really enjoy bird watching and it's exciting to spot a new one. Try not to feel guilt over your father in law - you were taking care of your son and things at home so that your husband was able to travel and spend time with his father without worrying about anything else, and I'm sure that was a huge help to him.

@AV_, the diamond you posted does resemble mine! I'm glad things are going well for you and you're fitting in some relaxing in between your work. And I hope you can get some hiking in so you can enjoy that beautiful scenery. I am so sorry for all the loss you have experienced in your life. <3

Everything is good here in SC, although cases have gone up so we're pretty much staying home. Dh is busy during the week with work but on weekends we sit on the beach and hang out by the pool. I'm doing the usual - some painting, exercising, reading. DD is finished with school so she's enjoying some down-time. Ds is doing fine, he's spending some time at our house in NJ.

Keeping everyone in my thoughts, take care all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies. Hope everyone is enjoying a good weekend.

@missy I am hoping for the best for Tommy. I am so sorry about Greg's mother. Thinking about you and Greg and how much you love and support each other.

I am glad you MIL will be at peace and I hope having her family around brings her comfort.

Oh no @missy, there are just no words, please know, we’re thinking of you all :cry:

@missy I continue to keep you all on my thoughts! Even though your MIL is asleep she will be well aware I am sure of family around her.

. Glad the family is all together to comfort each other and your MIL during this sad time. I pray your MIL is comfortable. HUGS to you and yours.

I'm sorry about your mil, I know it's very sad and painful for those who love her.
I hope she is comfortable and free from pain

Thank you so much @springerspaniel @canuk-gal @Niffler75 @Austina @marcy @junebug17 @Slick1 @bling_dream19 @AV_ @Slick1 and everyone else who has reached out . We all appreciate your kind thoughts and well wishes. It was very hard seeing Greg's mom like that yesterday. She is unconscious and never woke up yesterday morning. All her boys were there by her bedside yesterday and it was bittersweet seeing them too as it had been almost a year since we saw B and more than a year since we saw D. All in agreement that she should go peacefully with no measures to resuscitate. She is on a morphine drip and has a scopolamine patch and she will be passing on soon. We don't know exactly when but we think she is near the end of her time on earth. She has very strong faith and feels she will be reunited with her sister who just died last year and her other sister who died years ago. And her husband who died over 20 years ago.

Tommy also got an antibiotic injection yesterday. Forgot to share that. His urine looked a bit cloudy but won't get the culture results for a few days. Anyway the Cerenia injection must have worked as he ate 2 teaspoons of wet food this AM!!! But I am not getting my hopes up as it is only a temporary fix. Why is he so nauseous? I also gave him Mirtizapine on the ear last night when we got home and maybe that helped a bit? IDK.

It was a long day. We went to see my MIL in palliative care and we got there earlier than expected because D had called us saying it was now any moment he thought she would go. So we rushed there and got there before even B came who was flying in from Chicago that morning. We were all together the entire afternoon and the hospital head nurse refused to let all 3 brothers be in the room at the same time as there is a rule in place (thank you Covid 19) only 1 visitor at a time and only with the critical patients. Anyway long story short this Brooklyn girl fought tooth and nail and was able to get them the right to be in the room at the same time albeit only for 10 minutes but let's just say I got that stretched to almost an hour and we spent the afternoon rotating when they started threatening they would get security. Oy to the vey. But at the end of the day all 3 boys spent time together with their mama in the room while I stood guard against that head nurse. And we had the other nurses on our side albeit they were worried they would get written up as that is how they get threatened there. Unbelievable. I get the covid thing you know I do but there was absolutely no risk to have the 3 boys in with my MIL. It should be decided on an individual basis not a blanket rule. But anyway glad I was there because the boys are too nice and needed someone to intervene.

We got home last night and tried to make Tommy comfortable (he still wasn't eating) and he kneaded me for most of the evening and was purring so no matter what happens he had that time with us and I don't regret listening to my sister and not euthanizing him yesterday. In my heart I know it is inevitable and it will be soon. The injectable Cerenia's effects are only temporary. But let's see if the blood work or culture show any issues and take it from there. One day, one hour at a time.

Thank you all so much for your warm and kind support. It has been a challenging year (more than you realize even as I couldn't share everything here) and you girls being here for me has meant the world to me. Words cannot adequately express how much it has meant and means. And I am always here for you too. Sending you all hugs and well wishes.

Praying for Tommy that the meds work.
Sending the warmest of ((Hugs)) and love to you all.
You are so strong and we are here for you...
Peace to you and yours ♥

9C7980A0-D1B2-4053-B7BD-F49260C43A82.jpeg

Aww thank you @Slick1, I love that quote by Maya Angelou. It is profoundly true. Thank you for being a true and dear friend and for being here for me through all your challenges. If anyone rocks that quote you do. Grace and kindness under pressure always. Thank you my dear friend. Sending you continued bucketloads of healing dust. And (((Hugs))).

@Niffler75 I am sorry you didn't get to be there for your FIL before he died but he knew you loved him and that is what matters. I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for all your caring and warm wishes. (((Hugs))).

@springerspaniel thank you very much. It means a lot to me that you are thinking of us. I hope you and your DH and furry babies are doing well and that life is more sweet than not. And I hope you are enjoying a good weekend. XOXO.

@canuk-gal I am so sorry you are dealing with this medical issue. I hope they figure it out and that it is easily treatable. I have had a few vasovagal responses but generally it is my reaction to blood. Haha now you know why I went into Optometry and not a health field that deals with blood. Nope I do not like seeing blood. Please take good care of yourself dear Sharon. I am sending you bucketloads of healing dust and lots of love across the miles. (((HUGS))).

@AV_ you are a dear and thank you for sharing your wise thoughts with us here. I always enjoy reading what you write and look forward to it. I wish you light and love and sweetness. May the sweet always outweigh the bitter and may love and peace always outweigh the challenges of life. Sending you big hugs and much love.

@junebug17 glad you are in SC and being cautious and still enjoying being there. Making the best of the situation. It's all any of us can do. My BIL D told me no one wears masks in the midwest. He said more people wear masks in the NE. Don't know if that is true or not but he is usually pretty smart about these things and if he says it is true it probably is. Stay safe. Hugs.

@marcy glad Marty washed your car and you got laundry and baking done and enjoyed a walk too. Did someone say CC cookies? Yummmm. Good for you reading the book series. Lovely to be engaged in a good book series. Big hugs.

@Austina thank you so much dear friend. Your words and kind wishes mean so much to me. I am so glad you are doing well and enjoying the company of good friends and that your son and FI are well and safe. Sending you well wishes and hugs.

@bling_dream19 thank you for your warm and supportive friendship. (((HUGS))).

I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday. XOXO.
Leaving you with a photo of the hospital grounds as it was raining yesterday.

Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 5.07.46 AM.png

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Dear @missy I am so glad you and Greg your family were able to be together with your MIL. She sounds like an amazing and strong woman. My thoughts are very much with you at this time.
Also to dear Tommy. What a sweet face, a beautiful boy. I am so sorry but also glad he is home with you and Greg where he is most comfortable. Sending as many comforting thoughts as I can muster.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You all had a really tough day yesterday @missy, and I’m glad you stood your ground and it was possible for all her sons to be there with her. I firmly believe that even in a state of unconsciousness, your MIL knew they were there with her, and felt at peace that her wishes are being carried out. She would’ve known that you had come to say goodbye, and she can now leave this earth when she is ready. When my Dad was dying, I saw him the day before, and although he wasn’t conscious, I told him it was OK, if he’d had enough, if he was ready, then he should let go, and slip away.

I’m glad Tommy has eaten a little, I know you’re a realist in this situation, but it seems it’s not his time yet, and you did the right thing. If he only has a few more days, it sounds like he is still enjoying being your boy, and you will know when he is ready.

I’m sorry that you’re dealing with such difficult issues and this current situation is making it even worse. This awful time will end, eventually, and we can only do our best to get through it. As always, you and Greg, and now his family, are in our thoughts, and we‘re sending love and good wishes for the strength to endure what is going to be an awful time.

Take care of yourselves, be strong. xxxx

Oh @missy, I’ve just seen your other post and read that your MIL has passed. Our deepest condolences to you all, it was very sudden and very quick, so I hope that means she didn‘t suffer and is now at peace.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Austina and @Niffler75

She’s gone. She passed overnight. She is at peace now and perhaps with her DH and 2 of her 3 sisters who went before her. Aunt Carolyn died just last year.

RIP momma. Your boys are well taken care of and you can Rest In Peace. ❤️

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Morning everyone, :wavey: We have had a ton of rain here and it is much cooler and more comfortable.
@Austina I am glad you are getting out a bit more and seeing friends. Can't wait to see your bracelet!
@junebug17 Hi, thanks for your warm wishes. Gosh I wish I were nearer the coast. I lived by the sea for 5years when I was younger and I truly love it
I have found I have been more creative too during this time and reading more, even though I have always been a bookworm!
@canuk-gal I am so sorry you have been feeling unwell Dizziness is the worst. Hope they get to the bottom of what's going on.
@marcy That was one heck of a hailstorm you had! I don't think I would have liked to have been flunked on the head by one of those!
@Bayek Keep posting those pics. I am really enjoying seeing how the house is progressing. Standing by to help with interior design choices as needed!
@MamaBee How's things? My son is doing really well with his teachers. It's a huge deal and I am so very proud!
Take care everyone! x

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy Oh gosh I am so sorry! (((Hugs))). Sending my condolences to you, Greg and family. She had her family there, you were there for her. I am absolutely sure she was aware of that. She was sleeping and peaceful.
:cry2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy you are a very good DIL standing up for the boys with that officus head nurse
Take comfort your MIL had faith and she is now at peace and free of pain, with her loved ones

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @missy I am sending my deepest most sincere condolences to you, Greg and his brothers and their families. I am amazed at your strength and am so relieved you were able to get her boys in with their mom together. What a truly beautiful gift you’ve given his mom and her sons. We never forget our final moments with our loved ones (they are indelibly etched into our souls) and your selfless actions gave them the opportunity to be together by her side. Peace to your MIL who must’ve been an amazing woman to raise such a wonderful man as your dh.

I am so very happy Tommy ate some. I am hoping with all of my heart that he just needed the little nudge and meds to get him to eat. I pray the test results are quickly analyzed and the solution an easy one. I’ll be sending warm hugs all day to you and Greg.

Words to live by...
Praise the bridge that carried you over.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shout out to the NIRDIs ♥️ Sending ((hugs)) and good wishes to all. ♥️

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel rather shallow posting this, but as I promised, here’s a very bad photo of my bracelet.

As I said, completely different to what I’d originally set out to get, but it took my fancy, and well, sometimes the heart wants what the heart wants.

It’s 2.25ct, G/H VSi In 18K w/g and it’s a bolo, so no worry about the fit. One heart, 2 ovals and 2 marquise diamonds in halos. I like it because it goes with my heart pendant and Marilyn. I wish I could capture what a little sparkle bomb it is.

13DD5153-0991-4483-ADE9-A15A2A2C3AD6.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel rather shallow posting this, but as I promised, here’s a very bad photo of my bracelet.

As I said, completely different to what I’d originally set out to get, but it took my fancy, and well, sometimes the heart wants what the heart wants.

It’s 2.25ct, G/H VSi In 18K w/g and it’s a bolo, so no worry about the fit. One heart, 2 ovals and 2 marquise diamonds in halos. I like it because it goes with my heart pendant and Marilyn. I wish I could capture what a little sparkle bomb it is.

13DD5153-0991-4483-ADE9-A15A2A2C3AD6.jpeg

Oh it’s gorgeous ❤️❤️❤️
I love it and am thrilled you love it!
And please never feel shallow for sharing joy. We need as much as that as possible. Hugs.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is super pretty @Austina We need wrist shots!! I love it!!

I’ll post what I shared in Karl’s cranky thread.

Joy and sadness are a part of life. The key is to feel all of it, but to hold onto the joy just a little more tightly

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@missy I'm so sorry dear friend. I'm sure Greg is devastated. She sounds like a wonderful woman who lived a remarkable life and she passed as she desired and she is now with her husband and sister in heaven. Hang in there and hugs to you and Greg.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@Austina I LOVE YOUR BRACELET!!! Its absolutely stunning. I love the different shapes in a halo, so complimentary to your Marilynn and heart necklace. Oh, so what earrings do you wear? I just love your new bracelet and I want one too lol. Would love some wrist shots when you're up for it. Congratulations on your stunning bracelet! You waited until you found the perfect one for you and I'm so happy for you!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so very sorry @missy. A very difficult and sad time for her loved ones. Your mil is at peace and that's something of a comfort but it's still so hard. My deepest sympathies to Greg, losing a parent is painful. I'm sending thoughts of support to Greg, you, and her family. XXX

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results