shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy One day I will ask how do you keep all things going at once ,( There were a few years as 'good' as yours some time ago in my life, & IDK to remember - in fact, I do not remember much of anything out of them [no complaint.]

@marcy I might get to say as you are saying - 'I am bored at work': I have weeks ahead of just writing what I have already worked out [proposal, course notes, draft paper - all the same subject, of course.] The local bars will have a loyal customer on their hands, since the university looks & smells like the morgue - masks & chlorine, and [joy!] asked everyone to stay away from that horror too.

@Austina Good guess, I was making my way through the local thyme last evening, the result will be stuffed into artichokes 'a la romana' today & whatnot; I crave real hiking, which means starting before 5 am & sitting out the afternoon in the shade, not that there is much around, high mountain is rocky desert everywhere around; tba. If now now, when.

@AV_ thanks for your compliments on my little omc - what should I do with it?

Can you think of an object you are using often enough, and could carry a diamond set into it, but it is very unlikely to? [eg. I'd have it set into a pen - good excuse to get one, since I've killed a beloved pen not long ago & gave up using any since in horror; however, I am wishing for a shell pin even more & a snail shell with a diamond tip is obvious; of course, these are my imaginary uses of diamonds & no more]

Up to some size [certainly less than a carat - the approx limit goes down in time], old diamonds are cut the way I like best - larger, they get too precise to be surprising, so I have a special love for stones like yours.

_

coffee#2

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, Been out this morning while it was cooler but staying out of the heat now. My son had a very successful visit with his teacher today!
@missy I hope your appointment goes smoothly today. Keeping your MIL in my thoughts along with the rest of family.
@canuk-gal Sending the hot weather in your direction. I swear I was a vampire in a previous life!
@Austina Flannels are in the freezer! Thanks for reminding me.
@Bayek I am sorry about your friend. Love the house pics and seeing Auti!
@marcy Loving your flower pics. My poppies are taking a while to flower but when they do it will be a riot of colour!
We spotted a bullfinch for the first time today in our garden.

20200624_124815.jpg
I will check in later. Take care! x

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I hope everything went well with your appt today @missy. I hope everything goes well with MIL and they can get the problem sorted out so she can get on with recovering. That’s good news that Greg’s brothers can get to Philly to be there, will they let them visit? I’m sure it’ll be a big comfort knowing they’re there. What a fabulous sunrise, you were up really early today, you must be feeling really tired by now.

I hope your recovery is going well @Slick1 and you’re feeling better.

Oh dear, I hope everything get’s sorted out at your Dr appt @canuk-gal.

Your flowers are so lovely @marcy. Sounds like your friend‘s father got to the hospital just in time. How was working from home today?

I hope you’ve managed to stay cool today @Niffler75, it’s been scorching here.

If I have to wait til Sunday @bling_dream19, so do you :lol: Have you had a good day?

@Bayek, Adam said he read that US visitors won’t be able to come to Europe any time soon either, so it looks like it’ll be next year when we see them again. He said they’re the lepers of the world now. The numbers are increasing alarmingly in Tx. Any more progress at the house today?

We had a really busy day today, Colin went to the household tip to take the rest of the rubbish from the bottom of the garden, he had to wait for an hour to get in. They put you in an overflow car park, then call you when it’s your turn, so they can maintain social distancing. While he was there, I got busy baking, brownies, lemon drizzle cupcakes and banana cup cakes. We had to wait in for our meat delivery, so got lots of steaks delivered then we went out to the shops for a few things. We’ve got our friends Tracey & John coming for afternoon tea tomorrow. Then Colin moved all the garden furniture and I power washed the patio, and now I’m going to collapse in to bed!

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@canuk-gal I hate to you aren’t feeling quite yourself; hope the GP gets that worked out and gets you feeling better tomorrow. Hugs to you.

@missy sending mega dust to your MIL. That’s good Greg’s brothers are going to Philadelphia; will they let her in to see her there? Great pictures from your ride and love that sunrise. I hope your appointment went well today.

@AV_ I am sorry you’ll be joining me on being bored with work. I’d rather be busy so the day zips by. That’s good you can be a loyal customer at the local bars. Have fun. I love the idea of a pin with a diamond tip. Very cool.

@Niffler75 that’s great you son had a very nice visit with one of his teachers. Thank you; hopefully my flowers start opening up more soon. Poppies are gorgeous color and flowers; I’ll be looking forward to your pictures. How fun to spot a bullfinch today. Stay cool.

@Austina thank you. It looks like some of my pots perked up today but I haven’t ventured out to look real close. It was a little strange being at home again today. I did sleep in an extra 30 minutes. You and Colin had a very busy day. Everything you baked sounds delicious; I wouldn’t know which one I’d want to eat first. You’ll have plenty of treats for your tea tomorrow. Stay cool.

I got lots of reading done today. I need to work on my July article for the paper but don’t seem motivated on that. Some friends came over for lunch and cards today. They brought us take out from Olive Garden. I had 2 glasses of wine; not necessarily a good idea considering how little I ate this morning but oh well. I’m not driving anywhere. The wine was a gift from those girls for my birthday last year so I thought I should share it with them. Marty grilled himself a steak but forgot about it while we played cards. He had a piece of jerky when he went and got it. Oops. I think I’ll lift tomorrow.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls, bad news. My MIL isn't doing well and refused transport to the Philadelphia hospital. Dan flew in yesterday and was waiting in Philadelphia all day until he got word she wasn't coming. He then drove to the hospital she is in and they allowed him special dispensation to visit her since she is requesting hospice now. We are all going to be on a conference call this afternoon with her physicians and discuss her prognosis and if we should try convincing her to do the treatment for the lung clots and then the multiple myeloma. If it was just MM then it would be worth it but because the blood clot treatment could destroy what is left of her kidneys she would be on dialysis for the rest of her life. She refuses to do that. So here we are. Of course I was i denial all day yesterday when we found out she wouldn't pursue treatment. Because her original prognosis was good (3-5 years of quality of life). We spoke to our good friend who is a pulmonologist and he said that the clot busting treatment only works within 24 hours of the clot and here we are 6 days later. Unbelievable. He also said that the prognosis is just guesswork and has no basis in reality. It isn't looking good.

And on top of this Tommy is again refusing all food. 24 hours now no food. Nothing I do works. We are bringing him to Debbie Saturday but my gut says it is something very very bad and he isn't going to make it. I try not thinking about losing 3 of our beloved cats in just over 12 months and pray he will be OK but I just don't think he will be.

I am sorry I am not going to post any more here right now about this. Just wanted to share with you lovely ladies what is going on in our lives and to apologize I am not responding individually to each of you right now. But I am thinking of all of you and sending lots of love and well wishes and many thinks for being here and for your support and caring. (((Hugs))).

This photo was taken less than 10 months ago. How fast life changes.

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 4.28.59 AM.png

And Tommy, just last night.
He is so skinny.

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 4.31.10 AM.png

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I am so sorry lovely! I am here for you. We all are. I wish I could do more but all I can do is keep you and your family and furbabies in my thoughts. Please take care, big virtual (((hugs))) x

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Niffler75
Just took this photo. Reminds me amidst the sadness and grief is beauty all around.

7E85185B-3171-40C9-908A-1F3C0F27A0AA.jpeg These colors are breathtaking.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending love and hugs to you @missy for your MIL and for your Tommy. My heart breaks for you. ♥️

Shout out to all of the NIRDIs. :wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My heart is breaking for you @missy :cry2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, oh no, I'm so very sorry about Greg's mother and I'm sending lots of support and comfort to you, Greg, and his family. It's such a painful and sad situation. And sending love and healing vibes to sweet Tommy, I'm holding out hope that Debbie can help in some way. Keeping everyone in my thoughts. XXX

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I am so sorry to hear about your MIL; such a difficult and heartbreaking decision for her to make. I hate to hear Tommy won’t eat and isn’t doing well. Keeping all of you in my thoughts. Beautiful sunrise. What vibrant colors it has!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's! Sending you all hugs just because.

I got to use a line from Mash on Marty a while ago. He's been downstairs on calls since before I got up. He came upstairs in his robe and barefoot. I said "come on Klinger, put on a dress. It's almost noon." :D He forgot I was working from home today and didn't get out any clothes from his dresser last night thus wearing his robe.

I need to go dig the shipping box out of the trash to find the receipt to my Pampered Chef order; we didn't get the large tongs I ordered. Marty unpacked the box yesterday and i wasn't paying attention to what he took out of the box.

I'm making mini meatloaves and baked potatoes for lunch. I am pretty hungry today; I honestly didn't eat much yesterday. And since I don't plan on drinking my lunch today I should be able to lift today.

I also MUST get my July article done for the newspaper.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh @missy I’m sooooo sorry...My heart just breaks for you and Greg. You've had so much pain this year. It must be so hard to see your MIL go through this. It must have been a comfort for her to have a visit with Greg’s brother. XOXO
I know you are so worried about Tommy not eating. :cry2: Big hugs and love Missy..❤️

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy healing vibes across the miles. Hands out to all those who are in need....

kind regards--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much everyone. @MamaBee and @canuk-gal, thank you. I have no words left and for me that is saying a lot. I do have so much to say but I have already shared my grief and pain and I think we all need a respite from the sadness but I have nothing to offer right now for cheer. I have to be true to how I am feeling and at the moment I am overwhelmed by grief.

WARNING: Sad Post ahead...please skip if you do not want to hear my sad grief filled thoughts.

My MIL has every right to die and it is 100% her decision. We had that conference call with the pulmonologist and oncologist yesterday afternoon and her brothers and the end of care nurse. Basically her MM can easily (according to the oncologist and pulmonologist) be controlled but it is her pulmonary embolisms that will take time on the blood thinners to go away and in the meantime her kidneys might totally fail as she is already at reduced capacity re the kidneys. That would mean the rest of her life on dialysis and she doesn't (and I don't blame her one bit) want that. We have another call today with a different oncologist (her original oncologist who was on vacation this past week when she was admitted to the hospital) and we will see what his thoughts are. But right now it is looking like her wish is to stop all treatment and go to hospice. We don't know the prognosis re how long she might have when all treatment is stopped but hopefully they can keep her comfortable at hospice if that is the route she takes. No matter what she decides Greg and I (and hopefully her other 2 sons) support her completely.

Tommy hasn't eaten now for 2 plus days. Today is day 3. He has vomited bright yellow bile the day before and yesterday. That is all he has in his system. Zero food. We gave him Cerenia last night and this AM. He has been hiding. Never a good sign. We have stopped all thyroid treatment for the past 2 days since Debbie said not to give him the med if he isn't eating. It was unpleasant forcing the Cerenia down his throat but praying it helps and maybe just maybe he will eat something. Nothing I give him is working. I have tried all the options. Heating the food up, baby food, fresh chicken, turkey, sardines, his hard treats that used to make him go crazy...he wants to eat but he just cannot. I am so upset and frustrated that he wants to but can't. We think he could be nauseous and that is why we gave him Pepcid the past few days and Cerenia last night and this AM. Please think good thoughts for our Tommy. He isn't old. I cannot believe he might be gone soon. And he is so weak from not eating.

We are bringing him to Debbie tomorrow AM. She isn't at work til tomorrow and I have zero trust in any of the vets here after what we went though last year. We saw at least 4 (I think) vets in the area last year and they were just not sharp. We need Debbie's eyes on this and just praying Tommy can hold on and that Debbie can help him. My deepest darkest fear is that what he has is fatal and no matter what we do he is going to die soon. But we have to figure out what is wrong and then decide what to do. I already know I don't want to take heroic measures to prolong his life if he has cancer or something equally bad. We have been through that with most of our cats before him and I will not torture him further for a remote chance at quality of life. But we will wait to see what Debbie says tomorrow. Of course we might not get answers tomorrow but it is all we can do. One day at a time. In the meantime I am praying Tommy isn't suffering right now. He isn't in good shape though but just hope he isn't in pain. :(

Well I guess I did have a lot to say. Sorry for such a hard post to read and I am going to add a warning at the top of this post.

A big thank you to all of you who reached out to me offline. And online. From the bottom of my heart Thank You. It does make a hard time less horrible knowing you are rooting for my MIL and Tommy and care about us. It makes a difference it does and I want you to know how much I appreciate it.

Hope you are all well and enjoy a lovely day.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I'm here for you and I understand.
We lost my father in law last september to cancer. He refused further treatment.
Having a sick pet is very very hard. I lost one of my cats Oreo in very stressful circumstances that I won't go in to here but again I understand.
I am sending the biggest hugs I can and am having a quiet day today trying to send you all comforting thoughts.
It's all I can do and I wish I could do more. ::)

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I know I would do very much the same as is written in your post. If anything, I have always fealt that animals know better than us when to stop living & how; the parents who raised me, their siblings - nearly all of the people among whom I grew up, did as much & I got to see them at it before turning eighteen & have kept the lesson, they took the fear of death out of me; can you tell I have never tried to tell such things to anyone else until today; in real life I'd shut up & hug & happen to be there with sweets and flowers at the oddest times & not leave them alone. I am very often speachless & now too

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so very sorry @missy, like you, I believe that everyone has the right to choose how they wish to end their days, and it sounds like MIL has had enough and would prefer not to have to endure endless treatment that will leave her with no quality of life. If this is the case, then the best any of us can hope for, is to be pain free, and able to enjoy whatever time is left. I am desperately hoping that Debbie will have some insight in to what is wrong with Tommy and can offer you hope. If she can’t, I know that you will do as you’ve always done for your furries, and that is to do what is in their best interest, and not let them suffer needlessly. I hate to think that you’re dealing with all this, it’s overwhelming to be dealing with one issue, let alone two. I’m glad that you and Greg have each other to lean on, you’re a strong team and whatever is in the future, you will get through it together. xxxx

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so very sorry @missy, like you, I believe that everyone has the right to choose how they wish to end their days, and it sounds like MIL has had enough and would prefer not to have to endure endless treatment that will leave her with no quality of life. If this is the case, then the best any of us can hope for, is to be pain free, and able to enjoy whatever time is left. I am desperately hoping that Debbie will have some insight in to what is wrong with Tommy and can offer you hope. If she can’t, I know that you will do as you’ve always done for your furries, and that is to do what is in their best interest, and not let them suffer needlessly. I hate to think that you’re dealing with all this, it’s overwhelming to be dealing with one issue, let alone two. I’m glad that you and Greg have each other to lean on, you’re a strong team and whatever is in the future, you will get through it together. xxxx

@Austina said everything I wanted to so eloquently.
Wishing for peace for you, Greg and your loved ones (furry and otherwise) Here for you whenever you need ♥️

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@missy Oh Missy I'm soo sorry to hear this. And I'm so sorry to have been away last couple of days. It's a really difficult decision and my heart breaks for you and Greg. It sounds like your MIL is of sound mind and she will make the decision. You are the eternal optimist and you know the medical treatments and probably the hardest part will be wondering if the medical treatments would have worked without compromising her kidneys further. I agree @Austina has said the sentiments we all feel most eloquently. Side note: My grandma always told me don't keep me alive. She would tell this to me as a child. There's a peace in knowing you are doing what she wants. Hugs and love to you and Greg in this tough time.
And I'm soo sad to hear about Tommy. You are the best cat mommy ever. I hope Debbie can help him. Hang in there and when you feel sad just look at the ocean and think about all the people who love you and will help you get through whatever happens. Sending you much love and hugs.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone.. I've not read anything since Tuesday :) been a busy little beaver so I'm going to just give a heads up with what's new with me and then get to read.

So this week on Tuesday I had my 3D mammo, which in this Covid-19 time in Austin was a feat, so got my results yesterday and all looked fine. Lucky me. :)

Yesterday I had my colonoscopy a year late due to moving etc.. Man that is a total drag, every time I have one they change the protocol. This time I had to drink the horrid stuff at 7:00 pm Wed evening and the second 32 oz batch at 1:30 a.m., so you know what that means.. no sleep between 7:00 pm and 5:30 a.m. the procedure was at 10:00 a.m. yesterday, John picked me up around 12:00ish and we went to In an Out drive in for a BURGER! then I came home and fell asleep, woke up at dinner time and had some pasta, fell asleep at 7:30 and woke up this morning at 6:40, then walked the dog and had a long call with my bestie about her latest tests - she now has to go to an endocrinologist.. she has more docs than me. ha! sorta.

We have been active on the house, we ar picking out doors right now, pretty easy in one way but John and I have to agree :) so far he okay likes my favorite:

1593186439882.png

We finally got the pool design pix this shows the pool kind f a crappy pix but it's you can see the tanning ledge, 2 umbrella thingys, and one bubbler I sent an email to the pool builder about changing the config to have 2 bubbler, altho I am getting the bubblers mostly for Auti and should I ever have another grandchild (not pushing this btw, one is GREAT with me). Also we ned a swim out shelf in the deep end for safetly and right now the shelf just drops off on the far side, we are thinking of adding steps there too so Auti doesn't fall into the 3 foot area OR a rock wall thing, not sure.. :)

1593186571306.png

Nosy Next Door Neighbor took my drone shots of the house:

Back with the butterfly outdoor kitchen roof.

1593187521675.png

Front of house, 2 car garage is sticking out on our right, didn't LOVE that but it was the best way to handle it without having a detached garage which we didn't want.

1593187596999.png

and last up, a pix of Auti, Cara took it yesterday (Cara works mon-wed-fri) and sent to me, Autumn has on a necklace that was my mother's, my mother left a lot of costume jewelry, and my mom loved turquoise of any color or kind, I gave all the costume jewelry to Cara for Autumn to play with as she aged. Cara said she would not let anyone take the necklace off her all day yesterday :) my mother would have loved this. :)

1593187828725.png

now on to reading NIRDI's. xoxox

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Hi Missy, so sorry your mother in law has clots, gosh it's just one thing after another, I am SORRY she's depressed, I can understand it for sure. Sorry I have been popping in for light reads because I've been at docs appts, I've been helping Kath, Salley seems to be doing better, today I have nothing so was able to sit down and really read, so I am reading Wed posts so I am hoping I continue to read your MIL is doing okay. The fur kids, Missy I truly think you and Greg are the BEST parents ever, truthfully one cannot do enough for their fur/kids/kids in life in one way, sometimes it's easy to throw in the towel, are are special and one of 2 people in my life that gives me hope there's a 'being' that cares somewhere. Hope Greg is feeling well, ice cream! we have a new flavor but can't remember its name right now, got brain fog from the anesthesia yesterday, they just called me to see if I was okay (maybe I got too much? dunno).. THANK YOU for asking about Kathleen, I dunno Missy, she has sooo many doctors, and now they are referring her to an endocrinologist because her T3 and T4 #s are high and her TSH is low? , she takes much medicines for the heart failure and one furosemide can affect thyroid hormones, but her resting heart rate is very high which of course freaks her out.. her electrophysiologist cardiologist rscheduled her to the week after July 4 as did her heart failure cardiologist, she had to see her regular GP for blood tests (yes you read that correctly, so she was the one who referred her to the endocrinologist) it's hard to keep up with her physicians and Austin is a MESSSS with Covid right now Missy, so she get's r/s and move arounds, telemedicine appts etc.. I feel bereft for her, her 33yr old daughter (yes she's 55 with a 33 yr old daughter! had her kids very early 22 and 24 but hubster is 64) I just so wish I could be of more assistance to her but then I got my own health issues but hopefully not heart failure. eek. Anyway I'm on a rant here sorry.

Greg is right, you guys go above and beyond most furparents, but not the NIRDI's you are right, we are all those kind of parents because I love my animal and she is my kid, simple as that.

@Austina Hi Austina !!! ((Austina)) sorry I have been in and out in my doc visits etc and yesterday was the lost day.... So Austina it's getting weird here, as you may know, Abbott closed the bars down, limited public gatherings (to 100 heck I would say 20 at the most), it's getting out of control here. We cannot see Auti now at all because she goes to daycare and Cara goes to work, Mike is at home working. I feel sad about moving here and not being able to see Auti and my son (and Cara of course). When will this end? I dunno Austina, I'm covid tired. I am thrilled that our son's and families are younger, it's a lighter load on the brain, but then creeps in my brain, well what if Mike is one of the people who get it and get sick (he has A blood).. so we worry worry.. I hope you can make it to Austin by the end of the year.. At this point NY, NJ and CT are banning traveler from Texas, CA, FL. gosh Austina never in my life did I would experience this, NEVER. Our leaders have failed us here in the USA. truly. How's Colin? How are you? miss you. :) Can't wait to see your bracelet girl! xoxoxo

@bling_dream19 hola! hope all is well with you girl.. are you experiencing a lot of heat your way, my son in Brooklyn says it's getting hot in the NE! Again BD thank you so much for your friendshp, I'm lucky and your caring of us NIRDI's shows.. we are the best bunch ever. :) xoxoxoxo

@Jimmianne How's France? how's Covid over there? My nephew cancelled his wedding in France till 10/10/2021! miss ya girl.. xoxoxoxo

@MamaBee how are you? I haven't finished reading yet so you may have posted, crazy times here in Texas, hope you ALL are wonderful Joanne. xoxoxoxo

@junebug17 Hi June! how's DH, DS and DD? my DSs are good, Cara is good and Auti, well she is just perfect.. Hope everything is going well Junie.. sending you love and a huge Irish KATE hug.. xoxoxoxo

@AV_ hey, how's things your way!?? xoxoxo

@Niffler75 Wonderful to read your son had a good teacher visit!!! xoxoxo

@canuk-gal what is up with your health? I must have missed a post.. Take care girl.. sending you dust, lots of it and love and caring.. xxoxoxoxoxo

@missy OH MISSY, I"m getting to the end.. OH NO, your MIL does have every right to choose her own best course, man clots are a PITA, and Tommy, dear Tommy, no food, I do so hope I read later today that he's eaten something Missy, Austina said it, we are all here for you... I am just bereft for you guys Missy, I am wordless really (and you know that is a miracle in one way).. wordless on what I can do to help you.. I love you Missy, the great Greg and the furkids, you are in my circle of love, i am here for you guys.. Missy Missy, you are so wonderful.. I am so hoping Debbie can help you guys figure out what is going on.. and Missy to be quite honest with you, I have little faith in physicians like you with vets, I'm wondering since medicine has become so specialized no one knows anything except their little microscopic practice.. I am here for you I am here for you.. call me, text me, I am here for you. xoxoxoxoxo (beautiful family photo and yes how quickly things change :() xoxoxoxoxoxo PS: did all go well with the endocrinologist and how's the damn toe?) xoxoxox

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AV_ what a beautiful, wise and kind posting.. the people who raised you must have been the finest of fine... thank you.. Kate

@missy I know I would do very much the same as is written in your post. If anything, I have always fealt that animals know better than us when to stop living & how; the parents who raised me, their siblings - nearly all of the people among whom I grew up, did as much & I got to see them at it before turning eighteen & have kept the lesson, they took the fear of death out of me; can you tell I have never tried to tell such things to anyone else until today; in real life I'd shut up & hug & happen to be there with sweets and flowers at the oddest times & not leave them alone. I am very often speachless & now too

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm sorry you're dealing with such sad situations. It can be hard for family members to accept that their loved one doesn't want treatment. At least, it was for me. It sounds like there's a chance she might reconsider but it's understandable why she's feeling the way she is...and so difficult for everyone who cares about her. Sending thoughts of comfort and peace to all. And I'm really sorry about Tommy, I hope whatever is going on with him is treatable and Debbie can help. XXX

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@missy One day I will ask how do you keep all things going at once ,( There were a few years as 'good' as yours some time ago in my life, & IDK to remember - in fact, I do not remember much of anything out of them [no complaint.]

@marcy I might get to say as you are saying - 'I am bored at work': I have weeks ahead of just writing what I have already worked out [proposal, course notes, draft paper - all the same subject, of course.] The local bars will have a loyal customer on their hands, since the university looks & smells like the morgue - masks & chlorine, and [joy!] asked everyone to stay away from that horror too.

@Austina Good guess, I was making my way through the local thyme last evening, the result will be stuffed into artichokes 'a la romana' today & whatnot; I crave real hiking, which means starting before 5 am & sitting out the afternoon in the shade, not that there is much around, high mountain is rocky desert everywhere around; tba. If now now, when.

Can you think of an object you are using often enough, and could carry a diamond set into it, but it is very unlikely to? [eg. I'd have it set into a pen - good excuse to get one, since I've killed a beloved pen not long ago & gave up using any since in horror; however, I am wishing for a shell pin even more & a snail shell with a diamond tip is obvious; of course, these are my imaginary uses of diamonds & no more]

Up to some size [certainly less than a carat - the approx limit goes down in time], old diamonds are cut the way I like best - larger, they get too precise to be surprising, so I have a special love for stones like yours.

_

coffee#2

Thanks soo much @AV_ what a creative idea to have a pen with a diamond on it! And I love the idea of a snail pin too.

Reactions: AV_

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I am sorry to hear about your MIL; it is such a hard decision for your her to make but as you said it is 100% her decision. I am glad all of her family is in on the conference calls and you and Greg’s support will hopefully give her come comfort Big hugs to all of you. I am sorry Tommy isn’t doing well and hope your sister can help him. I am rooting for you, Greg, your MIL, Tommy and all of your families and kitties. And as others have said @Austina expressed my sentiment far better than I could.

@Bayek getting your tests don’t sound fun but sending mega dust the colonoscopy has good results like your mammogram. I like the door you picked out. Your pool will be awesome and sounds like you are getting many safety designs as well. The frame is really shaping up and your house looks huge. Auti looks adorable with your pretty necklace and very cool it was your mom’s. That’s awesome.

We had a hail storm come through this afternoon. This is what I looked like when I got home about 90 minutes later.

Take care.
Marcy
IMG_5641.JPG IMG_1139.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM ladies. We are doing the best I can under the circumstances. I am reading everything you are writing to me and appreciate it.

Tommy is still not eating. Zero food. It is heartbreaking. He wants to eat. He tries to eat but he cannot eat. I have heated up chicken, turkey, baby food, sardines. Given him all of the many hard treats we have for them. We have tried crab meat. I mean any food we can think of that is a possibility. Something is wrong. He wants to eat but he cannot and the Cerenia made no difference. In an hour or so Greg is bringing him to my sister in Long Island which will be about 3 hours away depending on traffic. I am not going as only one person can accompany the animal inside the vet clinic. NO exceptions. Not even for me so there is no use in my going. Unfortunately she won't be able to do an US today as the US doctor isn't in on Saturdays. Only on Thursdays. So we have to figure it out with whatever other tests she deems necessary.

Then Greg is heading back here and we are going to see my MIL. Who should be in hospice later this morning/early afternoon. My other BIL is flying in today and Dan is already here. So all 3 of her sons are visiting her today and I will be there too. She was still in ICU as of last night but her wishes will be honored finally and the hospital agreed to release her to Palliative care. No more treatments are being given and as of yesterday she also refused all food. I am relieved her wishes are now going to be followed and she will be at peace. We have no idea how long she has left.

We have had some enjoyment in each day as we know we must compartmentalize to get through this. If I have learned anything over the decades is that we cannot control all that is happening but we can and need to make time for joy because life is unpredictable and living in misery is useless no matter the circumstances. Yes we both are filled with sadness and grief but we know we must take it one day at a time and find some joy where we can. To that end we have cycled a bit each day and had ice cream too. I don't know that my younger self could have compartmentalized as well as I am now.

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 5.55.16 AM.png

The beaches are mobbed. I do not see a way clear to be free of relapse of Covid 19 here. It is madness. Every place here is mad crowded.
My photos don't do it justice but you can take my word for it. They have never been so crowded.

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 5.56.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 5.56.27 AM.png

@Bayek marvelous photos. LOVE Auti. She is a darling little girl. And so lucky to have the best grandmother. I am so sorry about Kathleen and hope she finds answers and relief soon. Sounds as if she is hyperthyroid. Opposite of my issue. Yes Texas is crazy now and please remain safe and well. Your Brooklyn son is quite right. It is getting hot here. Love your house pics and love you girlie. XOXO.

@Niffler75 thank you sweet lady. From the bottom of my heart I so appreciate your kind thoughts and well wishes. And I am sending you bucketloads of good wishes as well. And big hugs. Hope you and your wonderful family are well and good and life is treating you sweetly. Stay safe and enjoy a lovely weekend. XOXO.

@Austina yes I agree. Thank you for your support and well wishes. Hope Adam and Kim are hanging in there and staying safe amidst the craziness that exists in Texas and other states at the moment. Hope you and Colin have a good weekend planned.

@bling_dream19 aww thank you dear friend. We are hanging in there. My heart hurts with the thought of losing Tommy and Greg's mother. The difference is Greg's mother has lived a long and good life and she is ending it on her terms. None of us could ask for more. Of course one is never ready to say goodbye to a loved one. Even when they are suffering it is hard. But a relief too because giving them peace *is* the ultimate gift. But for those left behind the grief can be immense. And the thought of it being time to say goodbye to Tommy very soon brings us such despair and sadness. He is not old. He is not young but he is not old. We have only had him with us for about 10 and a half years and it just went by too fast. He was fine and then he wasn't. I have written enough. I go on too much. But I already miss him and he is still with us but I see the future and it is looking bleak without my Tommy boy. Francesca, Fred and soon Tommy. If one was writing a sad novel one couldn't come up with a more devastating plot I think. Animals are the best of our family. The innocent. The true unconditional love no matter what torture we bring them re treatments they still love us.

Hope you and your sweet family are all well dear S and sending you hugs and much love.

@AV_ indeed. I appreciate you sharing your wisdom with me and your caring support. More than words can say. And actions always speak louder than words. To that end I am sending you big Hugs across the many miles.

@canuk-gal thank you dear Sharon. Grief and loss is supposed to come in waves but we have had it pretty much nonstop these past 12 plus months. If there is one thing I know it is life is unpredictable so we continue doing the best we can and taking life one day, one hour, at a time. Hope you and your family are well and that the days are more sweet than bitter. Hugs to you dear Sharon.

@marcy wow a hail storm. I still remember the time Greg and I got caught in one. It was painful and scary. Wyoming weather. Stay safe and enjoy a lovely weekend. XOXO.

@junebug17 thank you for your kind words. I hope you and your family continue to be well and safe. Are you in SC or NJ now? Hugs and well wishes being sent your way.

@Slick love you. Hope your mouth is continuing to heal well and you are feeling good and well. Sending you hugs and hope the weekend is a good one.

@MamaBee hope those pesky critters are GONE and you and your mom and son are enjoying a good weekend with your DH. Hugs to you and be well.

I apologize if I left anyone out. Know I am reading all you write (here and off PS too) and it brings me comfort. Thank you.
I hope everyone has a good Caturday Saturday and please hug all your furry babies from me.

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 6.11.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 6.12.47 AM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results