shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy, I love the color of Francesca's eyes. She looks like she could bewitch someone (and maybe has?) And 4 cats is a lot to transport. Plus with both of you having allergies, one more could put you over your threshold for cat dander, etc. Is Best Friends Soho part of the Best Friends organization based in Utah?

Jimmieanne, you are inspiring and brave! Please remember that!! Being on our own, we don't have that backstop of someone else stepping in to handle things or reassure us or give us a different perspective when we need it. It makes life harder sometimes. Being part of a team is one of the things I miss about my DH.

Callie
, I didn't mean to leave you out!! One of the things that struck me about D.C. is how much of the city seems to be populated by slick-looking white guys wearing suits and lapel pins riding in, getting out of, or stepping into large American-made black SUV's. They did not look like people I want to entrust my future to. I had to restrain myself from running up to them and asking 'What part of American society are you scheming to ruin today?"

Pinto, I can't believe I didn't tell you how much I like your new ring. Absolutely gorgeous!!

I'll do D.C. on a later post, but since Missy and Kristie posted their blue handbags earlier, I thought I'd show you mine. It's a Vince Camuto I found on the clearance table at Nordstrom. It's a travel bag for me and I get loads of compliments whenever I wear it. Plus, it's impossible to forget because it's such a bright color. I like that the flap has a zipper so you can keep important stuff at the very bottom of the flap - impossible for a pickpocket to get to without basically grabbing the whole bag:

Image 4-9-17 at 6.20 PM (1).jpg

I didn't take it to D.C. because I needed something a bit bigger, but it will probably go on my next trip.

And I was at Bed Bath & Beyond last week and saw some of the Ellen DeGeneres designs. They are really, really well done. I couldn't resist these large mugs for the beach house. They are made by Royal Doulton and are excellent quality:

98454447390843p.jpeg

I'm thinking of getting these for the city house, perfect for when you want a big latte:
105024560329950p.jpeg
Hmm, maybe I should go make myself a decaf hazelnut latte right now . . . .

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty blue bag, Rainwood. simple, pleasing design and wonderful color...and of course, the JOY mug is really good too : )
I'm sorry you have to travel solo now! and happy that you ARE travelling.

Missy, it's good to hear that many kitties found forever homes. I hope Greg's handsome new friend got adopted or gets adopted soon.

PB, WOW! that is quite an eyeful of fabulously gorgeous eye-candy. Will you start a thread for it, I hope??

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Rainwood, love your blue pocketbook. I wear my blue pocketbook almost all the time. I have one smaller one for casual wear and one larger one for work. They are very different and even different blues but I think they are bluetiful. And so is yours. LOVE the blue.

Best Friends of Soho is indeed part of the Best Friends organization in Utah. And in fact the K9Kastle organization (in Park Slope) we are always visiting has joined them too so very happy about that and a bunch of the kitties at Best Friends Soho are from the K9Kastle organization. A wonderful animal rescue group both of them.

Love the Ellen mugs and perfect for your beach house. You're right we wouldn't be wise to adopt a fifth no matter how much I want to. My brain has to rule over my heart under these circumstances. But I so want to rescue them all.:(

Glad you had a good visit and looking forward to your DC post.

Jimmianne thank you. I hope they all find amazing loving FUREVER homes. The problem is there are always more animals needing good homes than good homes available but as always I fervently hope as many animals as possible get the happy life filled with love and security that they all deserve.

I won an ebay auction on Friday afternoon for a new Eliza J formal dress and it came yesterday- can you believe how quickly? I think I will be wearing it to the gala affair at the Museum of Natural History we have coming up in a few weeks. I now have 3 decent options for dresses so I am pleased. It is a very comfortable dress and needs no alterations other than hemming if I don't wear heels so yay. I did take photos yesterday evening when I tried it on but they came out fuzzy so I will try to take better photos to share with you girls later.

Have a good day girls!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK so Greg is getting ready to workout and then he will be leaving for work so I quickly put the dress on for him to take pics for you girls. CJ2008, I remember you wanted further away pics so that is why I had Greg take photos before he left for work today. I didn't forget. So these further photos are for you.::)

What do you girls think? It is so comfortable and no control garments needed haha so I hope you think it looks nice too. I know I would rather have a blue dress and not a black one but that is mainly what they have for formal attire and honestly I am tired of looking. I also still have the other 2 dresses I can wear (though both are in the black color family albeit one a beaded black so a bit different) but I am leaning towards this one since it is so comfortable and soft.

First on hanger and hopefully a closeup that shows some details. It is hard to see on a black dress in photos.

elizajonhanger.jpeg

elizajcloseuponhanger.jpg

elizajwithoutshrug.jpg

elizajwithoutshrug.jpeg

elizajwithshrug.jpg

elizajwithshruginlivingroom.jpg

easyspirit.jpg

elizajwithshrug.jpeg

Thank you for looking. Oh and I am wearing sandals that have a 2 inch blocky heel. Easy Spirit haha I told you I wear old lady shoes. LOL. I don't plan on wearing these shoes as I will fall out of them being the super klutz that I am but just wearing it for the photos so the dress is not dragging on the floor. I am either going to wear ballet flats or a closed shoe with a blocky heel of which I have a few options but I didn't have time this morning to look for them before the photo op haha.

Oh and I cannot believe I forgot to say I got this dress for a real screaming DEAL! New for $24.99!!!!! Ebay rocks. :appl:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi missy thank you for taking those pictures it's so helpful to be able to see the whole dress from far away. :))

I like that this dress accentuates your waist and the neckline is flattering. And if it's soft and comfortable that's points for it too.

So I think you can wear this one and feel good about it. It looks nice.

But if you're still undecided have Greg take pictures of the other two so we can compare, if you think you'd find that helpful.

(love the news about all the fur babies that got adopted! hope they all get adopted. SO hard to walk away from them.)

I'll be back later to see if you posted any more pictures and hopefully catch up better with everyone.

hi guys :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Rainwood, your star magnolia is gorgeous. Loved all your pictures of D.C. I did LOL that I need a break from those “slackers who make my life crazy”. That is so right. Glad to hear Elle helped brighten your day. Great purse and I love the Ellen mugs.

Jimmianne, you will have fun on your trip once you get there. You always do! Sorry the foxes are coming right up to your house. A place we used to go star gazing you could always hear coyotes and one of the guys in the club always got really nervous from that.

Missy, are you still enjoying your sapphire earrings? Surprisingly our power is all up on poles; but I guess they build them sturdy for her. We can have sustained winds around 50-60 and gusts near 100 so things have to be tough. I think it is a very good idea to have a generator at the beach house. I definitely clean and pick up before our cleaning lady comes too. We must! Kit Kat is a cutie; sorry it didn’t work out to bring him home though. I hate to hear your allergies really fired up this weekend. I know my springtime allergies are griping. That’s great some of those kitties and doggies got adopted this weekend. Your new dress looks great and what a deal! Now you have 3 great choices.

CJ, how are you doing?

The crap and people at work got to me yesterday. I was so angry I was ready to cry which of course makes me more angry. My team had an error and of course the 3 people who touched it all said “it was fine when I did it”. Um, no it wasn’t and I have proof but I didn’t get in to that with them yet. Way to be a responsible adult. I was better after lunch today.
Marty’s trip to the Ukraine is cancelled but he may be going to Australia. He has lost his status with United since he didn’t go many places last year; so he’ll be in the back if he goes anywhere. He’d better check in early and try not to get forcibly removed from the plane. Wow! I saw a lot of funny meme and slogans on FB about United. They didn’t do themselves any favors with that spectacle.

Have a great day.
Marcy

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rainwood, love that blue bag!!!

Missy that dress looks beautiful on you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

CJ, thanks very much. I am choosing comfort #1 so going to wear the Eliza J. It's the most comfortable formal dress I ever tried on I think.
How is everything going by you? How is your dh doing? How are your sweet fur babies? It was hard to walk away from the kitties this weekend but knowing they are in a safe place allows me to have as much peace of mind as I can under the circumstances. I won't share the statistics about how many cats and dogs are "euthanized" aka murdered every day across the country and in NY alone but it is an unforgivable number.:cry::blackeye:

Marcy those are some pretty high winds and glad you didn't lose power. Grrrrr to your employees who mess up and then won't take accountability. So frustrating for you. I am sorry you are dealing with this and I hope everything can be straightened out to your satisfaction. Also hope Marty's business trip wherever it may be goes smoothly. If he goes to Australia do you think you would/could join him? That is one country/continent I really want to visit that I have not yet visited.

Yes I am so enjoying my antique sapphire diamond earrings. They get worn often as I have a lot of blue in my wardrobe and well sapphires and diamonds go with almost everything anyway right?:halo:

Tacori, thank you. Do you have everything figured out for that Spring wedding coming up? Have you decided on shoes/pocketbook/bling accessories?

Have a good Wednesday girls!:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Tacori, I keep meaning to ask you the stats about your EC. I am a sucker for those. :D

Missy, good idea to go for comfort and you'll look beautiful all at the same time. I have to admit Australia would be a nice trip; I'd have to be sedated to be on a plane that long. :lol: Hopefully he'll get to go there - the Killer Rabbit needs a picture from there. Glad to hear you are enjoying your gorgeous sapphire earrings. I think I'll dig out my sapphires to wear tomorrow. I should clarify my blue sapphires. I have one or two sapphire rings. I tend to favor blue in everything as well. I hope work goes well for you this week.

Our workload will be slowing down a bit the rest of the month; we'll have periods of OMG too much to do but it will get better. I think tomorrow I am going to tell them to give me all of their updates to verify. That is their major downfall.

Marty was heading to his gym at 5 so I stopped and had chicken nuggets for supper. I thought it was a win-win for me. Chicken and worst case scenario I can call in sick tomorrow. Ha Ha. Planning ahead.

We had lovely weather here today. I am starting to believe we won't have a spring blizzard. Famous last words, right? I probably just doomed us to the blizzard of the century.

Off to get ready for bed then watch Designated Survivor. I am watching Criminal Minds Beyond Borders. Marty said "I thought you weren't going to watch this anymore?" It gives me bad ideas when Marty travels.

Take care.
Marcy

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Missy, I think I decided to wear some nude wedges I already own. Pintobean convinced me to use the $$$ for bling. Haha. I got a coral clutch and shawl from Charming Charlie's (do you have that store)? It's great for trendy stuff you don't want to invest a ton of money in. Like a coral clutch I will probably never use again.

Marcy, sadly I do not have that ring anymore but I think it was a VS2/I. It was 1.72 ct in a Tacori setting (hence the name). There is a thread around here somewhere.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So most of you know I work in Human Services and let's face it, no one goes into it for the money. I have been at one of my current jobs for almost two years (May). I tried to negotiate my pay when they hired me because let's face it, every dollar matters. They told me no and that the wage was based on experience. For two years I have mentioned this (off and on) to my manager. I knew in my gut I was being underpaid. He finally got tired of me and sent me to HR. I pled my case and got a raise. He said he has "never seen that happen." Of course I did not point out it happened because I had a valid complaint (I found out what a co-worker made who has much less experience). Of course HR threw my manager under the bus, he threw HR under the bus. I don't care because I WON ;-)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Tacori!!! That is awesome!

Similar situation happened to me once with a male colleague who was hired on making more than I was although I had been there longer, had a relevant degree, much more experience, etc. It was SUPER OBVIOUS and I pitched a fit about it right away. Won, of course. No surprise I had to deal with a lot of nonsense at that job. I loved it, but it had its fair share of challenges related to equal pay and equality, period.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You Go, Tacori!!!! Always request what you're worth; if you're refused, then now you know and can plan/act accordingly.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori, woo hoo on getting a well deserved raise. Phooey on them they didn't take care of you before. I think people in your profession can never be paid enough money. Big hugs to you! I will have to go hunt down your thread on the EC. What do you wear now? I sometimes toy with using my EC RHR as my ering but my RB is my forever ering but I wear my EC frequently.
Good deal you got a clutch and shawl to go with your dress and have some flats to wear. You are set to go now!

Monarch, glad to hear you pitched a fit about the new hire making more money than you. That's good they listened. My company is horrible about that. They will hire people off the street for more than you make and usually don't promote from within. Best raise I ever got was a similar situation. They hired in a guy to work for me that basically earned exactly what i was making. I complained to my director and my boss wasn't happy I went around him but I guarantee that was the only way I got that raise.

Kristie, you are so right to request what you are worth. How is Maggie doing?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy glad your weather is cooperating and I hope there are no blizzards in anyone's future for at least the next 8 months or so! Also happy for you that work is going more smoothly and that it will be slowing down a bit. I hope you enjoyed your chicken nuggets last night and you don't have to call in sick today lol. I don't know how anyone has the energy to go to the gym in the evening after work but good for Marty and I hope he is getting busier in that business. If I don't work out before my day I am just too tired to do my workout. Need to get it over with in the morning. If we lived closer I would definitely hire Marty as my personal trainer because I have gotten lazy re weights and could use motivation in that department!

We never watched Designated Survivor...do you like it? We tried watching Criminal Minds Beyond Borders but after the first episode rejected it because it seemed formulaic. I am a big fan of Criminal Minds (original series) though it did give me scary thoughts and Greg always hated it when I watched it before bed hahaha.

Tacori!!!! Way to Go WOOHOO!!!!!!! Well done!!!!!! :appl::appl::appl:
Really happy for you for taking control and showing them why you deserve that raise and you are a wonderful role model for your daughter!
I am with Marcy. You are in such an important field and deserve to be paid more in general but I know you didn't go into it for the money. I can relate LOL.

You cannot go wrong with nude wedges IMO. Nude for shoes is always a good color and goes with everything and makes our legs look longer. I am a big fan of nude. And not just in shoes...:lol::oops::cheeky:

Monnie good for you too! I'm curious how you found out you were earning less than your male colleague if you don't mind sharing. I know it is taboo to discuss salaries with colleagues in general (cause of course the management doesn't want people to realize they are being paid less than others).

Speaking of work the madness continues. Yesterday people literally (and I am not one to use the word literally so if I use it you know it means liteally lol) waited 5 plus hours. That is crazy nuts. It cannot continue because we are going to lose patients as the residences cannot pay their staff overtime to stay at our clinic for half a day. So this is wreaking havoc and causing distress for the patients and staff and clinicians and ultimately will backfire on the new company for sure and then trickle down to the clinicians because ultimately less patients less work. But I continue forging ahead for now and doing the best I can under the circumstances. The irony is my hours are longer than before right now but that won't last. Crazy.

Hope everyone is having a good week and enjoy this Thursday. Only one more day to Friday woohoo and then to Easter weekend! Would love to hear any plans for the holiday weekend...Marcy how are the killer bunnies preparing for this holiday?8-)
Enjoy the day girls!:wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey All, my DH woke me this morning saying: "I don't feel good, I emailed myself in."

GAHHHHHH. :angryfire::wall::pray: My DH is *terrible* at being sick---he won't push fluids, monitor temp, stay on medication schedule, etc. He has the NERVE to cough! And he touches EVERYTHING in the house, EVERYTHING! :knockout::blackeye::blackeye:

So I'm trying something different this time: I assembled the cold meds, etc. and put them all on the kitchen island, got him a glass of ice water and wished him better health soon! I'm not nagging him any more! I have Clorox wipes that I'm wiping all surfaces down with when he's mobile around the house.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AZ - save yourself!! come East now!

Got the eBay bug from a certain lady who bought a dress there recently...
so I made a low-ball bid on three different rings - one was a Tiffany rose gold band with 4 tiny diamonds
and the seller said yes. My kind of shopping. haha

Happy Thursday/Friday!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls it's Friday! :appl:

I am sitting here enjoying a cup of coffee and just feeling so grateful it's Friday.

missy glad you feel good about that dress, it really does look nice (and it's extra fun that it was so inexpensive!). When is the event? And is it something you're looking forward to?

I don't have any plans yet for this weekend. To be honest with you I'm thinking I might skip Easter this Sunday if I can get away with it. Easter is one of those holidays that I'm not really into but of course every year I go wherever my family is celebrating it - usually a relative's house, sometimes a lunch at a restaurant - since they do like to celebrate it. Mostly it's about getting together. But after decades of not missing one I think I might play hooky.

What are you doing?

I can't believe patients had to wait 5 hours. That is so ridiculous I don't even know what to say. And I can't even imagine how stressful this must be you. :blackeye: But until patients start sending the message that it is not acceptable - by canceling their appointments - nothing will change.

tacori congratulations on your raise. I remember as if it was yesterday each time I've gotten a raise I've asked for. It's an awesome feeling. Enjoy it.

hi marcy how were those chicken nuggets? Did you get them from McDonald's? And did you call in sick today? :twisted: (I hope you did or that you have one of your 4:59 PM or better days :lol:)

Is Designated Survivor the one with Keiffer Sutherland? I saw commercials for it a while back but then it seemed to disappear. DH and I used to love 24.

BTW - for those of you who wear sunscreen. I am always trying new ones. Most of the time, they're a fail for one reason or another - but I am really liking this one: http://www.ulta.com/prep-step-broad...aily-prep-lotion?productId=xlsImpprod14081003. I haven't tried it under makeup yet but I am really liking the consistency. It's mineral, so it will leave a slight white cast, but not bad. I did find it on sale at Nordstrom for $25 so I'm waiting for them to reduce it again so I can buy more.

I'm back on my retin-a regime - up to twice per week. I want to be consistent with it this time, and work up to every day. I want to see what it does to my skin. I feel like it looks a little brighter already.

Other than that - nothing new here. Just some delicious coffee (about to have my second cup).

ETA - omg rainwood just realizing I never said hello to you. Nice to have you back. The little cat in the picture was not a new addition he was a kitten we lost. He was never ours we were supposed to just nurse him back to health and then get him adopted. In the picture he was already way better than when we found him. But he ended up being too sick to save. And even though we had him in our house for only a week we grew incredibly attached to him. Anyway just wanted to give you the whole story.

kristie for some reason I had missed your post about your DH. LOL at the "better health to you soon!" Let us know how your new plan works. :lol:

I hope I didn't miss anyone else's comment or hello.

Everyone have an awesome day.:wavey:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Good Friday!

CJ I wear COTZ sunscreen and I really like it. It doesn't aggravate my rosacea or POD (yet that is) and even soothes my skin somewhat. I will check out your rec too though thank you.

The occasion is a gala for Greg's job and they do it every few years. It is the first weekend in May. I am not really looking forward to it as I only know a few people and I really don't love large affairs. The only fun thing is that it is at the Museum of Natural History and it is cool being there after hours and we have cocktails in the dinosaur room. So that is pretty cool and we can go through the museum when it is empty so I do enjoy that. But it will be a late night and I am such an old lady. I prefer being home with my dh enjoying a quiet boring evening. Haha.

I hear you on skipping Easter. We are doing the same (and also skipping Passover hahaha passing over Passover OMG what a bad joke:oops:) as my mom isn't having the seder at a convenient time for us. So I am putting us (really me) first and said thank you but I am sorry and no thanks. It wasn't as easy as it sounds but I am getting wiser as I get older. We usually do an Easter walk with friends but they are out of the country this year so we are just doing something the 2 of us together. Which works for me.

Jimmianne, please share what you are getting from ebay and haha I know who you are talking about. :lol: Thanks for calling me a lady at least.8-)

Kristie how is Bob feeling today? How is HRH Maggie doing?

Marcy, yay to joining IG. Happy you are there!

Hey to everyone else and hope you are enjoying this Good Friday! Looking forward to hearing everyone's holiday plans for the weekend.:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great update girls! Simon's feeding tube was removed and he is eating on his own woohoo!!!! My sister saved his life despite the other veterinarians telling my parents to put him down when he stopped being able to eat on his own and now he is A OK!!! Woohoo!!! Happy Good Friday indeed. :appl::appl::appl:

Simon with feeding tube.

IMG_6062.JPG

Simon right before tube was removed. Will share photo of him without the tube when my mom sends it.

IMG_1630.JPG
Yay Simon!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone - I've been a little MIA and missed some things but I'll just jump back in -

Missy, I really enjoyed the pics you took of all the sweet kitties at Best Friends. They are all so cute and I hope they all find homes really soon. I can see why you are tempted to get another, I would be too after seeing those precious faces. It's really nice you and Greg go and spend time with them, I'm sure they enjoy the human interaction. It's so great that they are in such a nice environment and so well cared for. Love the pics of Francesca too. She has amazing eyes.

I love the dress you bought; it fits you beautifully and it's an added plus that it's comfortable - I'm all about comfort these days lol.

I am so sorry the situation at work continues to be so distressing; it's terrible that people have to wait so long.

Scandi, love the pic of the mountains in Norway. I hope you are having a great time on your holiday.

CJ, so glad your eye is back to normal. The charger for your niece is a great idea. My son bought one recently and it's a very handy thing…I think I'm going to get one for myself! I hope you have a nice and relaxing Easter. We don't have any plans and are just going to spend the day at home.

Pintobean, Bellerina is so cute, congratulations! So great to see that the kitties are feeling the love for one another too lol. Your new ring is absolutely stunning :love::love::love: Would love to see pics of it when you get it.

Rainwood, thank you for the lovely pics of Washington, beautiful shots of the cherry blossoms. I'm glad Elle was able to brighten up an otherwise drab and boring couple of days. I totally understand how a diamond's sparkle gave you so much pleasure. I feel the same way and I have a feeling the rest of the nirdis do too. :D The coffee mugs are really cute and perfect for a beach house. Your blue bag is very pretty. I love the shape of it as well as the color.

Marcy, I'm really sorry about your extremely frustrating day(s) at work. It seems like there's never a dull moment these days for you. Loved your pic of the beautiful flowers. Glad to hear you're enjoying some pleasant weather. It's warming up here, and dh is getting some golf in, which he is very happy about.

Tacori, I'm sure the shoes you have will look great. Pintobean is indeed a wise woman, save the money for bling lol. There is a Charming Charley's in our area and I agree it's great for inexpensive accessories. My daughter and I love browsing around in that store and we always end up walking out with somethingl. Congratulations on your raise! Good for you for not giving up and sticking up for yourself, I'm so glad it paid off… literally ha!

Kristie, I hope Maggie is doing better, I was sorry to read she was having some problems. I hope Bob is feeling better soon, for both your sakes :cheeky:.

Not a lot is new with me…my sister is staying with her son for a couple of weeks to help out with the baby. I took a ride yesterday and visited them, and he is such a cutie. I'll probably go back next week while my sister is there.

Hope everyone is having a good Friday!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, just saw your update…I am behind and so I must have missed the problems Simon was having…it is fantastic your sister took a chance and saved his life when others weren't willing…I am so happy it worked, great news! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Junie!!! So glad to hear all is well and thank you!!! My mom just sent me photos of Simon from right now. Glad you are visiting with your family and the sweet newborn baby and have a wonderful holiday. (((Hugs))).
And more hugs to the baby! And of course darling Zoe!!!!

Simon right this moment.

IMG_1631.JPG

And look at how well his wound is healing from where the feeding tube was placed.

IMG_1632.JPG

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, such good news about Simon being brought back to life. wonderful.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simon! What a face. So cute.

So glad your sister saved him. :appl:Send her hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Jimmianne and CJ! And CJ I will. And Simon sends his purrs and love to all the NIRDIs! Meoooow.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY SIMON!!!! I am so happy to read of this and see his sweet face too! Look.how great the tube site is, way to go! :mrgreen::appl::clap::love:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey NIRDI Babes: Bob is home today :|8-)

I'm glad to read we are all basically doing well :praise: I'm making ribs, potato salad (its hot here in AZ now), asparagus, rolls, and peach cobbler for Easter. All NIRDI babes are invited.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy Easter weekend, everyone!! I'm here on the island and I have heat. For the first time since early February. Yay for small victories!!

Missy, I'm glad you found a dress you like and are comfortable in. You look fabulous in it!! I'm not as sure about the jacket though. The ties interfere with the lines of the v neck and the top doesn't come up far enough to met the halter. I keep seeing you in a lovely pashmina or something like that when wearing this dress.

I'm so glad your parents' kitty is doing okay. Congrats to your sister for saving him. And have a nice holiday with Greg. It sounds like you'll be happier skipping the Passover dinner that's too late for you. I know you've struggled with this issue before and sometimes you just have to do what's best for you. Nothing wrong with that.

And work just sounds like it isn't feasible long-term to double book patients and for increments that are too short to do your exams. Who do they think they are - United Airlines??????? It will be interesting to see if the situation starts to sort itself now that the residences are realizing that their employees are having to spend half a day there.

Kristie, I hope Bob is on the mend. When we were in D.C., my sister had a cold and this hacking cough. She was coughing hundreds of times a day. We were sharing a room and I was worried that I'd get it again since I brought back a hacking cough when I visited them before Christmas. With two teachers and small kids in pre-school/daycare in the family, someone is always sick and I usually end up getting it. Not good when you have both asthma and allergies. At the Whole Foods near our hotel, I found this supplement called Counter Attack, started taking close to the maximum dose, and amazingly enough I never caught whatever my sister had. Germs had to have been everywhere even though she was trying to be careful. Im going to get some more of that supplement because it will be handy to have around. Zinc is one of the ingredients.

Jimmieanne, congrats on your eBay score!! Sounds fabulous. And sometimes eBay is just the ticket. I have a Tiffany Lucida band in platinum from eBay that was just my size and well-priced so wear that on my RH much of the time. I also have an 18K white gold band with small pave halfway around that I got from them for $150!! It was during the recession and offered by a pawnshop that took my lowball offer. Couldn't believe it. I'm getting excited for your journey to France and hope you are too. You'll be there long enough to settle in and make some real progress on the house. It will be so worthwhile!!

Junie, I hope you're having a nice holiday weekend with family. It's good you're getting some time with your sister and her new grandson. Are your DS and DD going to be with you for Easter?

Marcy, hope the killer rabbits aren't monopolizing the holiday weekend (unless the bears do the same at Christmas!) If Marty travels to Australia, could you tag along? Sydney is one of the most beautiful cities anywhere in the world and the whole country seems both familiar and totally different at the same time. We loved our time there and I'd go back in a heartbeat but only in first class or business. That is one LONG flight.

CJ, sorry about thinking you had a new family member. I don't mean to bring up sad memories of your recently departed kitty. I remember how tough that was for you. And I'm glad you're going to do what works best for you for Easter. Sometimes, that's being with family, sometimes it's not. It's a not for me this year too.

Tacori, congrats on the raise!! It's maddening that this whole pay inequality is out there, but it is and so widespread. And sometimes it's just paying newer people more without considering that the people who've been there longer should have their salary adjusted too. My company is really great that way. Although it's a primarily male industry, I was given an unsolicited raise this year because they thought I should have one!! And they had a little money left after the 401(k) matches were done so gave them as additional bonuses to the people who make a difference and I got one of those too. I spent many years in private practice where no one was appreciative so it's great to be somewhere that is the total opposite.

Monnie, glad you were able to get a raise too. I like to think that every time a woman fights for what is right, the employer might think twice about trying that again. I don't know if it's true but I'd like to hope it is.

As for me, I'm having a good Good Friday. I needed to head to the island to pick up a case of wine I'm donating to an auction that benefits the local Humane Society. My friend is head of the procurement committee and I came up with an idea that I think will bid up quite high. One of the island wineries is nationally known for outstanding wine (95 points often when rated) and I got the owner/winemaker (considered one of the 50 most influential in the WORLD) to put together a special case with a letter about why he chose what he chose. I'm hoping it goes for big, big bucks. Plus I got to hang out with his dogs for a bit, including his yellow Lab.

I wasn't sure what the ferry line would look like given the holiday weekend but I drove up, bought my ticket, and drove right on the ferry and it was the one scheduled BEFORE the one I was planning to get. Score!!! And that was with stopping to pick up my teriyaki lunch before I got there. Teriyaki is a big thing here. Every time we'd go to some other city, we'd keep an eye out for a good teriyaki place and never find one. I later read in the NYT (of all places) that teriyaki places are strictly a local phenomenon. I guess that's why we never saw them when we traveled. We have hundreds of them and everyone has their favorite. The classic is chicken teriyaki with rice and a salad with some sort of vaguely Japanese tasting dressing. My current favorite is on the way to the boat, and I call ahead to get the chicken teriyaki (white meat only), brown rice, and salad. Their salad is made with cabbage and carrot. I have them leave the dressing off so I can mix it with everything else. It's not the healthiest lunch out there, but it's fresh and way better than stopping at some traditional fast food place for a burger. And I got to eat lunch on the boat which is just the right amount of time. Yum! And l love using chopsticks.

And I came back to a house with heat!! I was able to raise the blinds on the windows without fear of letting all the heat out. It will be a quiet weekend I think though I may go out to dinner with friends on Saturday night. I'll head back on Easter morning to avoid long ferry lines. It might even be a nice day weather-wise. Easter is usually cold, windy and rainy so we'll see. So things are looking okay, and I won't say more to prevent jinxing it.

Stay well, everybody!!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey NIRDI Babes: Bob is home today :|8-)

I'm glad to read we are all basically doing well :praise: I'm making ribs, potato salad (its hot here in AZ now), asparagus, rolls, and peach cobbler for Easter. All NIRDI babes are invited.

Yum!! I wish I could be there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results