shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AZ, thank you for the invitation! Your dinner sounds delicious. How is Bob?

Rainwood, I would love to know more about the winemaker you mentioned. Good job on scoring that case! Hope it does go for the big bucks.
Congrats on having heat! That's a relief, I'm sure.
I'm happy you like eBay too.
Thanks to our "PS education" I think we have an advantage knowing when something is a really good deal - it's fun.
I also made [a fair] offer on a Tiffany emerald cut solitaire . The seller turned me down and it was easy to walk away because it doesn't make sense to pay near retail for pre-loved. I think he should have said yes LOL

The farm was used [for the third time] for a film shoot last night. Just a small crew - there have been as many as 65 people here working. However, it was sort of annoying because they used floodlights in the woods & made a lot of noise, and didn't finish until near midnight. I couldn't sleep because I was afraid they would scare the horses and I certainly did not want my big guy to sustain an injury again just as I am getting ready to leave. So I am grouchy this morning, but so grateful for PS as a diversion.

Marcy, I'm curious. Do the bunnies see Easter as a reason to behave for a day? I hope they brought the bears a basket!

Missy, you are a beautiful lady. I don't have many friends that I would call ladies and mean it : )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Easter weekend!

Rainwood, YAY for heat at your island house and yay for everything working out smoothly for once!!! And woohoo for getting the earlier ferry. Though I don't eat chicken your lunch that day sounded delicious and I am glad you were able to enjoy it on the earlier ferry. I hope the weekend continues to be enjoyable for you and have fun with your friends tonight. I am with you on not jinxing things including the weather so I will just agree and keep my fingers crossed we all have decent weather.

Speaking of weather, unfortunately we aren't going to have good cycling weather (too windy) so we decided to stay in NYC this weekend. Did I share with you that we are probably going to keep both homes until our old age when we will most likely sell our beach house and keep our home here. Thank goodness Greg sees the advantage of keeping our urban home and selling our beach home when we are old. I like having the conveniences of living in the city and having a doorman to collect our packages and just love that we have liveliness and something interesting to do no matter the weather. I am a city girl at heart and now Greg is on the same page. Happy happy happy!

Thank you for your input and I was thinking the same thing about the shrug. The one I am most likely going to wear is at the beach house and when we go there I will have to remember to bring it back here. I am not sure that one will work because it is not a dressy material (whereas the one I modeled for the photo is velvet) but it might look better with the dress but I will see.

Hahaha yes work thinks they are United Airlines right down to treating us brutally- I have to agree with your analogy!:knockout:
The way (I think) this will play out is nothing will change and we will lose whole residences and lots of patients while gaining new patients since we now accept ALL insurances and the FQHC may or may not make it but it might take time for it all to unfold. I will not be sticking around that long however and am giving it a few more months if that much. I feel very appreciated by my patents and staff so that is what is still keeping me there. Every week I get affirmation about how much they do appreciate me and that is why I am hesitant to leave despite the unpleasant conditions as they stand now. But as always I reserve my right to just quit at any time.

Kristie, how are Maggie and Bob feeling? Thank you for your good wishes for Simon.

Jimmianne, that is such a lovely thing to say and I hope you know I feel exactly the same way about you! You are a true lady. Kind, generous, compassionate and just so beautiful on the inside and out. I so enjoyed our time together when you visited me here and I hope you can make the October trip here work.

I am super excited for your French country home vacation coming up and I know you are too. What a romantic beautiful getaway. Truly a place where you can escape the madness of life here and just unwind and let go and relax and be at peace. You have no idea how much I wish I could just get over this irrational (though in my heart/head it is not irrational) fear of flying. I will just have to wait till Greg and I are retired and then we will take a boat over to your house in France.:appl:

That's exciting that your farm was used again as a film shoot. Can you divulge any more details? Sorry it kept you awake though but I understand why and it would have done the same to me. And sorry the ebay purchase didn't work out but glad you feel good about it. It wasn't meant to be and I agree with you. Paying close to retail is no bargain and it wasn't like it was a one of a kind jewel. Good for you for walking away.

We are most likely heading to Lambertville today and hoping traffic won't be bad. If it is we will turn around and do something else but fingers crossed we can make it there. I doubt I am buying any bling buuuuut you never know...:twisted:

Enjoy your Saturday!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
aw, thanks, Missy

A boat sounds like an excellent way to travel. [insert "up to something" emoji...where IS that thing?!]

Lambertville!! oh boy!
October sounds great too.
I don't know much about the film, but I'll keep you in the loop. Apparently, from my catbird seat up at the house, it involves tribal drums. LOL

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I almost cancelled the meeting with HR because I figured I was wasting my time. The person's salary who I compared mine with is a female who was only hired a month after. It's annoying it took this long. But better late than never. It was a good reminded that *I* have to advocate for myself (even though I tried for the last two years). Rumor is there may be another adjustment coming (for everyone). The hospital I work for is known for their lower pay.

Missy Simon looks great. My all time favorite cat was named Simon. I miss him.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Easter girls!

Jimmianne, I wish you could have joined us yesterday. It was a beautiful day and lots of bling which I will share for you girls who haven't yet seen my pics on IG or text LOL. And btw thank you to everyone who "came along" with us yesterday. Greg was so sweet not to mind me sharing pics as we enjoyed the bling!
What do you have on tap for this Easter Sunday Jimmianne?

Tacori It takes guts to go ahead and ask for what you deserve and good for you having the strength and courage to do so. Advocating for oneself isn't always easy and it is much harder than it sounds -I know from experience. And YAY for another increase coming soon.:appl: Thanks for the Simon love. He is pretty old but no one knows his exact age. Another rescue by my parents and they have had him for ages and ages.

Sharing some pics from yesterday. We went to Lambertville and some of our favorite places and then out for a romantic dinner on the river at the Black Bass Inn. A really lovely place full of ambience and delicious food. Hope you enjoy the photos and I hope everyone enjoys a lovely Easter Sunday!:wavey:

First up the people pics and then the rest will be bling and some food.:))

Greg in front of Park Place Estate and Antique jewelry.
parkplacegregelkpiceasterweekend2017.jpg

In front of our favorite art studio.

missyandgregeasterweekendlambertville2017.JPG

On our way out of Lambertville heading to the Black Bass.
missyandgregeaster2017parkplace.jpg

Black Bass Hotel.

blackbassscenery.jpg

blackbasshotelsetting.jpg

blackbassinndining.jpeg

And the dinner. Deliciously yummy. Monarch I don't know if you are reading this but I took food photos just for you haha. Greg doesn't normally like me to do this but I said just let me take a quick pic as each dish came out and he was like OK but I know he wasn't thrilled. However it was only a sec to take each photo and so he really didn't mind and it was fun. So I hope you are seeing this and know I was thinking of you!

Cocktails first of course. Greg had a Basshattan and it was good and I know this for sure because I tried it mmmmm!And OMG I don't normally drink but my Reisling was oh so good. The perfect sweet without being too sweet.

blackbassromanticdinnerwithcocktails.jpg

Then salads (mine had this amazing out of this world basil dressing) and the main courses. I had Barramundi and Greg had the Filet Mignon.

blackbassstrawberryspinachbasilsalad.jpg

Greg's filet mignon.

blackbassfiletmignon.jpg

and lastly my fish.

blackbassbarramundi.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK onto what you really have been waiting for....the BLING pics!:love:
I am running out of time so may not be able to post all of them right now but I will try. My parents are coming over today and I have not yet started my day except to check in here so without further ado here is the BLING!

lambertvillesapphirediamondring.jpg

lambertvillesapphirediamondring.jpeg

diamondbraceletparkplace.JPG

artdecoparkplacering.jpg

artdecoparkplacering.jpg

peridotdiamondparkplaceeearrings.jpg

aquamarineparkplace.jpg

aquamarinebeautyparkplace.jpg

antiquediamondringparkplace.jpg

antiquediamondandemeraldringparkplace.jpg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BLING pics continued! (Unless you are too tired of bling pics that is...:cheeky:)

OK that's it for now girls. Kristie I hope you saw I included your beautiful blingy 3 stone OEC ring!:love:

HAPPY EASTER!!!!

beawithparkplaceartdecoring.jpg

beawithartdecoringparkplace,jpg.JPG

dinnerringparkplace.jpg

3oecbandprofileparkplace.jpg

3oecbandfromparkplace.jpg

3oecbandparkplace.jpg

antiquesapphireparkplaceband.jpg

antiquesapphireparkplacering.jpg

antiqueparkplacediamondclusterring.jpg

beaagainstgregseaster2017shirtinlambertville.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, as soon as you said you were going to Lambertville I got on their website, so we sort of DID go there together! I especially like that first ring on you [sapphire & diamond]. What do you think?
It would certainly go with your sapphire earrings : )
btw way, you and Greg look so nice together. I'll bet people who see you walking along enjoying life think the same thing.
[and probably thinking - what a good husband to let his wife take photos of the food :lol:]

Only 15 days until France. I can hardly believe it. Aside from that lovely trip to NYC I've just been hanging out waiting to go back.
I am so excited to return the house of hard labor, having the usual fantasies about scrubbing and dusting and breaking up cement. lol

Happy Easter to all the NIRDIbunnies.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, as soon as you said you were going to Lambertville I got on their website, so we sort of DID go there together! I especially like that first ring on you [sapphire & diamond]. What do you think?
It would certainly go with your sapphire earrings : )
btw way, you and Greg look so nice together. I'll bet people who see you walking along enjoying life think the same thing.
[and probably thinking - what a good husband to let his wife take photos of the food :lol:]

Only 15 days until France. I can hardly believe it. Aside from that lovely trip to NYC I've just been hanging out waiting to go back.
I am so excited to return the house of hard labor, having the usual fantasies about scrubbing and dusting and breaking up cement. lol

Happy Easter to all the NIRDIbunnies.

Thank you sweet Jimmianne! I felt your presence there like a warm hug. :halo:
I took the food pics as surreptitiously as possible. I also don't care for taking pics in a restaurant nor taking my phone out even. But I did it because I thought you girls (and Monnie especially) would enjoy it. Also they put us at our very favorite table in the restaurant. In the most romantic spot cozy in the corner with the best view. We didn't get to sit there when we went with Callie because it is a table for only 2 but it is very private and romantic so I don't think I disturbed anyone taking a few pics of the food. I could be a decent spy I think. :lol:

Ok confession time. That first ring is not from Park Place nor it it an antique. I should have taken a profile pic. I loved everything about that ring *but* the profile and prongs. Too high a profile and too bulbous the prongs. I told the saleswoman there who I think is the jeweler's wife (but he wasn't there or I would have shared it with him) just that but very nicely. The ring was so beautiful in every other way right down to the sapphire quality. But that profile and those prongs. No no. I don't think she appreciated my gentle and constructive criticism so oh well. I was so complimentary while giving it but I think I should have kept quiet. Sad because if the bench person/jeweler had been there I might have asked if they could redo the setting making it more aesthetically pleasing to my (and IMO most people's eyes) eye. But it wasn't to be. It was priced way too high with "30 % off. lol that's why I like dealing with Barbara and Toni and Joni at Park place. They don't play games and their pieces are genuinely awesome. FYI the "price" of the sapphire diamond ring at that store was $9,995 but they were having a 30% off sale for the holiday. Lol.

I am so excited for you and your upcoming France trip. It will be here so fast! Hope your internet connection is good. I need my Jimmianne fix!:kiss:

Happy Easter to you and your furry crew!:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Working out and realized I forgot a few pics I think you'd enjoy. So here they are.

First up HRH from early this AM. She was like mommy where's the Easter Bunny? Hop to it. :lol:

IMG_2405.JPG

And I forgot a pretty hand pic of the lovely park place sapphire estate band.

IMG_0768.JPG

And lastly another of my favorite rings from Park Place yesterday. A lovely lovely old cut diamond. I thought I shared it above but now I think it didn't load properly. Hope I'm not repeating but it's worth it if I am.

IMG_0738.JPG

The lighting in the store made everything appear more tinted yellow than it actually is. IRL this ring is amazing.

Pintobean my dear beanie! Did you get your new antique sapphire ring yet???

Last edited:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick Happy Easter to all the NIRDIs and families far and wide. And all of their beautiful fur babies.

xoxoxoxo

Hope you are all enjoying this Sunday.

muah!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

I’m behind a few pages here. Phooey!

Missy, Designated Survivor isn’t bad. The original Criminal Minds deals with some really sick situations; it weighs on my mind if I watch it. Holy crap how awful a patient had to wait over 5 hours before seeing someone at work. I’d probably get up and leave. Those Killer Bunnies think this day is all about them. I was going to get little chocolate bunnies and bite their ears off and put them out by the bears but I didn’t want chocolate setting all over the house. The Gala affair at the museum doesn’t sounds like a very nice evening. Yay for Simon and awesome job by your sister. Simon is a cutie. Your outing yesterday looks like a wonderful time and I loved all the bling pictures.

Kristie, I hope Bob is better now. Marty and I were both home sick on the same day and I took a shower and went to work. I didn’t feel good enough to stay home and put up with Marty. He is not a good sickie either. Your Easter dinner sounds delicious!

Jimmianne, sweet deal on the Tiffany band. I can’t wait to see it. Phooey you didn’t get a deal on the EC though. What film will your farm be in? Dee Jay’s place has been used for a commercial and a TV show. COOL!!! It’s like I know famous people The Rabbits didn’t get the bears a darned thing. Woo hoo! 15 days till France.

CJ, my chicken nuggets were delicious. I love the ones from Chick Fil A; I have no idea why because there are so many other places to get better chicken but those are the ones I always want. I was fine Friday; only got a few itchy spots from them. Did you stay home on Easter? Sometimes it’s just nice to stay home for a change. Yes Keiffer Sutherland is in Designated Survivor and I liked 24 so that is probably why I tuned in to watch it. Thank you for the sunscreen recommendation. I just hate one that feels greasy so I am always trying new ones.

Junebug, I am glad your DH is getting in some time on the golf course. Marty has made it out every weekend this month which is amazing for April here. Glad to hear you got to go visit the baby and your sister.

Rainwood, good deal you have heat for the first time in months at the island. I don’t do well with a cold house. Counter Attack must have worked well for you; I am sorry your sister was sick on your trip though. Luckily the Killer Rabbits are behaving themselves today; I put some bunny ears on one of the bears to which Marty just rolled his eyes when he saw that. Thank you for the recommendation about Australia. It is one place I’d love to visit; I’d definitely want to go first class though. My bad knees could not take that long of flight in the back of the plane. That is awesome about the case of wine you are going to donate from a local winery. I hope it gets lots of money for your local Humane Society. I hope you have as good of luck with the ferry coming back today as you had going to the island. Your chicken teriyaki sounds tasty.

Tacori, I don’t remember if I told you this already but I did go hunt down your thread on your EC. It was very pretty. I hope you get another raise soon. I know you deserve it.

I only worked about 1 hour yesterday then ignored my work email. In a month we won’t have enough to do.

It seems like we had a busy weekend but I didn’t really do much. We rented a few movies to watch; Altitude 2017 was awful, Rogue One we saw when it was at the movies but enoyed it again and then watched an old movie – Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Marty played golf both days this weekend. Today we had lunch with some friends and their family. I made a mixed fruit salad to take and she made ham, scalloped potatoes, tossed salad and deviled eggs. It was a nice time.

Have a great week!

Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I especially like that last ring. Quite striking.
I'm sorry to hear the not-Lambert ring had a poor profile!
Here are some photos from the weekend.
First, the Babushka Sisters [Issy and her playdate, Wendy]
IMG_9466.jpg
Then, trying out new hairdos. I keep wanting to cut my hair, but I think I would miss it even though it looks better from the back than the front.
IMG_9456.jpg
and last, the little rings that are waiting for the tiffany band to arrive and complete the stack
IMG_9471.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Easter Monday girls!

Jimmianne, love the back of that fancy hairdo twist! And I hear you on the back looking better than the front. My hair is a wreck honest and truly and I am too at a loss as to what to do. I would miss putting it in a ponytail for sure and it is super easy to take care of-wash and air dry and put back but it never looks pretty. It's dry (no matter what I do) and frizzy and bleh. Maybe we can cut our hair short together?

I love that photo of the Babushka sisters and commented on your IG page. Beautiful girls!
And I love your sweet stack and cannot wait for your Tiffany band to arrive! When are you expecting it?

That sapphire ring is from Lambertville but just not Park Place. It's a modern jewelry store not far from Park Place (I forget the name) and the bench person is very helpful and he added beads to one of the bands I got from Park Place a couple of years ago. Everyone in that town is super nice and if he had been in the store that day I might have inquired if he could remake the setting/prongs or what he could have done to improve the profile. It was a striking ring except for that. Though it isn't an antique and I prefer antiques anyway so it is not meant to be. I am still waiting to find the perfect piece of bling. I don't know what I want...cluster ring, antique emerald cut, antique pear, or something else. I feel I will know it when I see it but well sometimes I can be dense so who knows LOL. Anyway with the NIRDIs there is usually some bling to enjoy and I am so looking forward to seeing your beautiful Tiffany band!

Marcy hahaha it doesn't surprise me about the killer bunnies. Narcissistic creatures that they are. You have to admit you and Marty (mainly Marty I know) spoil them haha. How are the beautiful bears doing? Glad you enjoyed a lovely lunch with your friends and their family. The weekend always goes fast even when we don't do very much doesn't it? And thank you for "accompanying" me for part of the day on Saturday. It was fun! Hope your week goes smoothly and as you know I think Australia would be worth the trip if you don't loathe flying. That is a country/continent I want to see at some point in the future for sure. If Marty has a business trip there something for you to consider perhaps?

CJ Hello there and thank you for the happy Easter wishes! I hope you had a terrific Easter weekend too! It almost hit 90 degrees here and it was too hot for me by mid afternoon. We had spring and summer all in one weekend. A high of 60 on Saturday and 89 on Sunday. LOL. Give me some real Spring weather now pretty please Mother Nature.:halo: Though this week she is bringing those Spring showers...oh well.
Hope all is well by you and hope to hear from you soon.

Pinto sorry the ring is delayed in delivery and fingers crossed it gets to you soon!

My parents came over yesterday and they are losing mobility fast. It is very sobering and hard to accept and I cannot stop worrying about them. My dad can barely walk and is stooped over (originally 6'4 plus) and he is a tall guy so it is that much harder. We took a short walk in our neighborhood but it was so challenging for them and I felt I was holding my dad up so much of the time. He should use a cane but of course he is so stubborn so he doesn't but he promised he would start since I badgered him about it after our walk yesterday. And he is still driving. I am terrified of him driving. His reflexes are shot.

We spent the rest of the day at our apartment and played cards which was very nice. I am becoming acutely aware that our time left with them is limited and I know I shouldn't dwell on it but I feel an overwhelming sadness when I think of this. And they have no long term health care plans. Greg tried talking to them about it (because my sister and I have tried a few times but they always pooh pooh us and won't engage) yesterday but they really made light of it and my dad gave us one liners. If one of them goes first (which most surely will be the way it goes down) I don't know how the other one will survive. Anyway enough of this morbid talk but I feel a heavy weight on my heart. I didn't share it 2 weeks ago when it happened but my best friend Tom's dad died and well while we were all expecting it as he had been sick for 2 years it is still so hard. And of course it brings everything even more to the forefront with my feelings about my parents getting older. They are declining so fast.:cry::cry::cry:

Sorry for
the morose post but I appreciate you letting me share my thoughts and feelings here. And knowing that many of you have already been through something similar helps me feel comfortable sharing what I am feeling about this. Because I know you get it. I cannot bear the thought of losing my dad or my mom and I have such a sense of impending doom regarding their welfare. :(

Hello to all the other girls out there whose names I won't mention because I might forget someone inadvertently but you know who you are! Hope you all had a fun weekend! And have a good Monday!:wavey:

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, well wouldn't THAT be something - both of us cutting our hair short at the same time. haha If I didn't like mine I would probably need a therapist. But you would look really cute.
I feel for you with your parents-mine were stubborn as well and it caused a lot of anxiety. It must have something to do with fear of losing control, because basically they were willing to have their lives out of control in order to do it "their way". Gotta love 'em - it's like having 3 year olds sometimes.
and just think - we will probably be just like them some day! : )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Jimmianne. They are just like 3 year olds sometimes (most of the time!). My mom just called me now after coming up with what she feels are "reasonable" excuses for not having long term health care plans. They cannot afford it. OK fine but why did they refuse to discuss it at any time prior to a time where there funds truly are low. Anyway Greg is now on the phone with them and as they say in the South (though I know it is not complimentary when they do so but I am using it in the most flattering of lights) bless his heart. My mom is now making him late for work but he is taking the time to try to intelligently discuss their options with them.

Anyway in some light hearted news I forgot to share a purchase I did make in Lambertville this weekend. Sadly not jewels but a big ole sun hat. I just put it on for photo op purposes. The hat is navy and white. Please excuse my attire as I am still wearing my nightgown (though being blue it goes quite well with the hat).:mrgreen: This is the kind of photo I can get behind. Quite literally. :lol:

bighatfromlambertville.jpg

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful!

Glad Greg is "on the job", and hope he can figure out a good plan for them that they will like. Good man, he is.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, Issy and Wendy are so cute. I hope they had a fun playdate. The nice thing about cutting your hair – if you don’t like it – it grows back. I like your rings that are anxiously waiting for another ring to stack with them. I have a ring of my mom’s that reminds me of your flower ring. I’ll have to get a picture of it for you.

Missy, I don’t miss having longer hair. My hair was not as long as yours but it was past my shoulder. I am enjoying having it kind of chin length. I agree with you; when you find that special piece of jewelry, you will know it. And how fun to keep looking for it. Marty spoils the bunnies and I spoil the bears. I think they all have it pretty easy. The weekends just simply go too fast no matter what we do, huh? I also think Australia would be worth the trip. I am sorry to hear your parents are becoming less mobile. It is so sad and hard to watch. I don’t envy you the worry about your dad still driving. My dad started hiding the car keys from my mom, she sideswiped a car downtown and didn’t even know it. That is good they are talking to Greg about options for their future. I am sure it weighs heavy on their minds too. I know my mom knew exactly what was going on with her as she deteriorated and became so depressed and detached. None of it is easy. Big hugs to you and your parents. I love your hat; it looks awesome.

Not much new with me. I worked, did dishes and watched a movie. I rented “Hidden Figures” tonight. It was really good.

Take care.

Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I would like to see a photo of your Mom's ring. The little flower rings are charming.
My band arrived yesterday and I couldn't be more delighted.
2 Tiffany bands and a mystery flower. IMG_9502.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy thank you for your big hugs and right back at ya. I am sorry you know all too well what we are going through and that you and your parents had challenges to face as they got older. Living ain't easy that's for sure. I know how much you miss your parents honey and I am sending big big hugs your way. I have had the quote "most men lead lives of quiet desperation" keep popping into my head over the past week or so. Cheery huh?

Thank you for liking my new hat and also for sharing your hair thoughts with me. I find it fascinating how hair can so change one's appearance. I mean when I see the actresses change their hair from brunette to blonde or red or long to short etc it transforms their appearance. Sometimes I dream of being a redhead or a blonde but it would take too much maintenance and be too harsh for my hair so I would never do it. When I used to blow my hair straight I think I looked totally different than I do with it curly. Hair can be a game changer.

I never heard of that movie "Hidden Figures" but will google it Always on the lookout for a good movie to watch. I too would like to see your mom's ring if you care to share it with us.

Jimmianne
love your Tiffany ebay find! What a lovely purchase. And it looks amazing with your other rings. And thanks for the hat encouragement. And yes Greg is a good man. Right now he is on his way to the beach house just to fill the feral feeders. They started running low a few days ahead of schedule so I think we have more kitties to feed...sigh. Please hug all your fur babies from me. And hugs to you too.

LLJsmom, yay today is the end of the crazy season for you (I hope) and sending big cheers your way! And hugs too of course. :kiss:

Hope everyone's week is going well and have a good Tuesday.:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fred is like whaaaat's up.8-) And he also wants to know how Ms Maggie is feeling this morning Kristie...if you could be so kind as to update her. I know she has had a rough couple of days and we are all sending bucket loads of healing dust her way.

fredsayingwhaaatsup.jpg

Last edited:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
O
M
G

I love love love googley eyed Fred. What a cutie I can't take it. :love:

missy - I need to look up your thread about the long term health care facilities. I know you were looking into it for you and Greg and you're inspiring to look into it for my DH and I. I need to educate myself.

And I feel you on your parents...it's tough from so many angles and brings up all kinds of "stuff."

Today, I am waiting anxiously to hear from my accountant.

He was supposed to call us last night and never did. And yes, he's OK. But he obviously left us for the last minute even though I sent him our paperwork early March.

I like him, he's been doing our taxes for a while, but I'm mad that he left us for the last possible day. I did everything a little early so we wouldn't have to scramble. And I better not have to go to the post office on one of the worst possible days of the year. I did just look it up and it looks like you can do everything electronically including any payments. But still, you know? What if we had plans and weren't going to be home?

And still, no phone call or update. :|

This was a quick vent, can't even call it an update, but I'll update more properly soon.

Anyway - hope you're all having a good day.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lickout:Hey hey NIRDIs:wavey:
Just wanted to say wassup! I discovered that vermin have been chomping and digging at my roof/upper exterior of my house! Saturday I was planting in the backyard and noticed pink insulation on the ground.:-o Saw something kinda pink caught on a shingle flapping too.

Roofer came today to check it out. If it's clapboards, soffits, fascias it's homeowner responsibility, but roof repairs is covered by the HOA maintenance. Besides the insulation issue, guess what happened since Saturday! A part of the roof that looks like this _\ had a bite taken out of it! My carpenter later told me they call that a "pork chop" - how fitting!

As for the insulation...The roofer discovered this hole where the sofit meets the shingles. Now, I'm finding this "stuff" having people on my roof multiple times a yesr doing things like checking the roof shingles, cleaning the gutters, repairing soffits and fascia, etc. I can't imagine what shitholes my neighbors have who address their exteriors once a decade.:errrr:

So thankful there is no nest in the hole!!!! The roofer attached a piece of metal as a temp cover until my carpenter does the repair some time this week, weather permitting.
IMG_2397.JPG

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Guys, I got Bob's Cold From Hell so short post from me:

Maggie had a hard day today, attacked poor Finnie Boy while he snoozed on the couch, dreaming of rabbits and yip-yip-yipping. Maggie jumped on him and had his throat in her jaws. Awful. These are Finn's "golden years," dammit. Plus it means that Maggie's pain is not controlled AND its possible the tramadol is giving her anxiety that causes her to get ugly with all of us.

But I think I found a med that will help her, will post more shorty.

Jimmieanne, I LOVE that stack. LOVE IT. I also love the hairstyle, don't cut your hair!!!

Okay, some United Airlines slogans:
“We're not happy till you’re not happy”

“Drag and Drop”

“We put the hospital in hospitality”

“Board as a doctor, leave as a patient”

“Our prices can’t be beaten, but our passengers can”

“We have First Class, Business Class and No Class”

“Not enough seating, prepare for a beating”

“We beat the customer. Not the competition”

“And you thought leg room was an issue”

“Where voluntary is mandatory”

“Fight or flight. We decide”

“Now offering one free carry off”

“Beating random customers since 2017”

“If our staff needs a seat, we’ll drag you out by your feet”

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, I love your rings together. The new Tiffany band is fabulous! Here is my mom’s ring. It’s got a little diamond in the middle – looks like I need to clean that ring too!

Missy, thanks for the hugs. I like that quote about quiet desperation. I can sadly identify with that. A new hairdo or hair color can really change a person’s looks. I really like how the right side of my hair looks but I hate the left side. The right side shows more layers and flips up with the bottom curling under. The left side all curls under or goes straight and looks blocky. It’s cut the same on both sides. I’m not getting up early to curl it though. Hi Fred!

CJ, oh no to waiting to hear from your tax man. Hopefully you got everything filed electronically today.

Pinto, oh no to vermin chewing on your roof and house. I hope they get everything fixed for you right away. My parents had squirrels get in their attic and they did a lot of damage.

We went out to supper tonight. Marty had to be home for a conference call at 7 so we didn’t linger at the restaurant. I saw a friend of mine driving her husband’s Charger so of course we sat at the stop light and pretended like we were going to race. Marty told me he wasn’t worried though since neither of us drive it like to stole it. That’s the way he drives.

Take care.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops forgot the picture of my mom's ring

charring.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, sorry to hear you got the cold from hell! Feel better soon. Poor Maggie and Poor Finn. I hope the new meds help. Is Finn okay? I enjoyed the United slogans.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, hahaha, you are hilarious with those food pics! Thank you for testing Greg's patience a little while thinking of a PS friend. Everything looked beautiful and I'm glad you enjoyed your time there at that lovely restaurant!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

CJ I am sorry for the aggravation of your accountant not being on top of things as much as you would like him to and I would have felt the same way. Not acceptable making you rush around the last minute and worry especially because you were proactive. How did it go? Did he finish what he needed to and were you able to file electronically? Hoping the rest of your day went smoothly and my kitties are sending you and your furbabies lots of purrs and hugs.

Pinto no no no. I cannot let you get away like that. OMG where are photos of your lovely "new" sapphire diamond ring? I sure hope you posted somewhere on PS if not in this thread. You already know I love it and yay that it arrived safe and sound. Sorry about the vermin problem and glad you are on top of it (quite literally lol). Hoping the roofer can come out soon and fix it!

Marcy haha yes the sides of my hair are unequal too! Isn't that weird? Glad you and Marty enjoyed a lovely supper out before his CC. Early dinner is the way to go. Digest before bed. :)) Relieved you didn't have to drag race anyone. :cheeky: Love your mom's ring. So pretty and feminine and delicate. Just lovely.

Kristie hope you wake feeling all better today and hugs and healing dust to Ms Maggie you and Finn just for good measure. So sorry you are all dealing with this. LOL on the slogans.

Monnie thank you and I am glad you got a kick out of the photos. :halo: It is a special restaurant and we have been going there together since the 90s. Holds nice memories and nice new ones too. Maybe one day we can all go there together-all the NIRDIs. That would be quite the day and evening. Bling, food and good company. Cannot beat that.:appl:

Jaaron! I almost forgot again today because I have been wanting to ask you and I keep forgetting...did you purchase either of those lovely cluster rings? Or perhaps both? Would love to hear and see what you decided and hope you are loving and enjoying what you chose!:appl:

Have a good day girls!

Last edited:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs.

rainwood please do not feel bad for causing me to talk about my lost kitty. I *like* talking about him. I wish he was still here and it's nice to be able to express that and get the NIRDI love and support even though it's old news and everyone has heard it 100 times. In that moment just hearing "I'm sorry" is so comforting. So what you gave me was a little gift.

So glad to hear you had a good Good Friday, and warm and cozy with heat. :)

And how is everything else? Any trips planned soon?

marcy I did not stay home for Easter. I met my family for Easter lunch. But it was nice. The food was good and the place was nice so I'm glad we did it. We were there for about 2 hours and then I got to come home. Perfect compromise.

Sunscreen is such a pain in the butt. I am always looking for new ones too. If you try it let me know what you think.

ETA marcy I didn't like to read that you can identify with the quiet desperation. :( but I guess if I think about it I can say it about myself right now in this period of my life.

And I had to add that you cracked me up with the "but I'm not getting up early to curl it." I am so the same way. I can be lazy with my hair and make up even though I so envy those women that always look sharp and put together.

I did NOT hear from the tax guy. We were texting him all day yesterday and all the way up to 11:30 at night. At one point we got a "no worries" type message, so I really thought we would hear from him some time before midnight. He just texted us back this morning saying that everything is OK and that he took care of us.

We have no idea what this means. If he filed, or if he didn't file and got an extension, we don't know.

And how did he not have any questions for us? I know he's been doing our taxes a while, but no questions at all? So I don't know how all this is going to pan out. I stressed out all day yesterday.

(and if you're wondering "why didn't you pick up the phone" it was a combination of thinking that really there's no way he's not going to reach out to us - and also after a while not wanting to actually talk to him at that point. I want to just know what he did and what we need to do and be done with it. Even though I know this is not realistic and I am sure we're going to have questions about what he did.)

hi june we did have a nice Easter, hope you did too. If you end up getting the charger let me know which one it is and if it's good and you like it.

missy you will see from my answer to marcy that I did not hear from the CPA. DH and I are not happy. We've gotten used to him saying he'll call at a certain time and be an hour late or more - we can sort of deal with that - but this is way beyond and it's kind of crazy.

And how are you? Anything new with work?

kristie you cracked me up with the UA one liners. You didn't make those up did you?

And I'm sorry to hear Maggie's in a bad mood because of the meds/anxiety. :( And poor Finn. :( I hope the new potential medication works.

Anyway girls gotta run I hope I didn't miss any conversations I should have responded to!

Hugs to all of you.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results