carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adorably precious animal photos continued.:love:
First kitty pictured is Sweetie. And OMG she lives up to her name. Precious sweet and oh so lovely. She is a skinny thing too and needs someone to adopt her and fatten her up!

bestfriendswhiteandblackkitty.jpg bestfriendskittens.jpg

bestfriendschihuahua.jpg

bestfriendshappydog.jpg
This is Happy. He is really happy but just exhausted in this pic. He is quite a cheerful sweet doggie!

bestfriendsmorekitties.jpg

bestfriendskittiesagain.jpg

bestfriendsmorekittiesagain.jpg

And that's it for now folks! I am toying with the idea of going again today but I feel I should allow others to enjoy their deliciousness and not monopolize their time and attention but OMG they are so freakin precious!:love:
:love::love::love:
I could/would totally be a crazy cat and dog person if Greg wasn't holding me back!:lol::halo:

FYI link for those interested.
https://www.instagram.com/bfas_ny/

Have a good Sunday!:wavey:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok ok HRH Francesca is peeved at me this morning and is demanding equal time so here she is posing for the NIRDIs this morning. Oh what a little diva but we love her so. 8-) :love:

IMG_2379.JPG

IMG_2381.JPG

IMG_2385.JPG

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh boy Missy! Those pictures are giving me furbaby fever! I'm about to head over to Petco in an hour and I better not come home with kitty #5!

The volunteers have finally synced up and gotten kitty #4's medical records in the hands of the volunteer who will process the adoption paperwork. I am excited to make the adoption official! I am also apprehensive about seeing her medical records. Poor baby has been through a lot and she's not even 1 yet.

You would laugh if you could see me right now. I'm desperately trying to wake up and have my tv on, wake up light therapy lamp on, and am on the phone drafting this post so I can get to petco by 1130 lololol!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Easter holiday - holiday in Norway - best mountains :) 20170409_163204.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
P into - pictures PLEEEEEEEEEEASE ?? :love:
Marcy, oh no ! Loosing holiday really hurts! And so not fair.
Missy, omg so cute they all are! I'm a dog person, as you know, and even I would probably have gone home with a few of them... I'm sure they loved having you there to give them tons of cuddles :mrgreen:
Jimmianne, I know! I always find something new in "our" forrest, and I am always surprised lol.

Forgive typos. Writing on my phone. With spell check in another language lol.....

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG look at all those adorable fur babies. I wish I could take them all. I especially love the skinny white and black little girl. My goodness is she cute.

And Francesca...what a cutie. I love her expression in the last picture.

And I love seeing you and Greg always.

Just a quick check-in today to say hi and let you all know my eye has finally almost healed completely. It's still a little red and swollen in the area where the styes were and I lost all my eyelashes there :blackeye: but it's so much better. And I finished my antibiotics Friday yay. Thank you all for thinking and asking about me. ((hugs))

Re: graduation - I will be doing $200. I feel good about it. I think I will ask her whether she would like the cash or maybe split half and half - I'll take her shopping for $100 and the rest she can have in cash. I think I'm also going to get her this charger that the can carry around in her purse so she'll never find herself without a cell phone.

marcy I saw a few people mention you losing some vacation time I'm so sorry to hear that :( When I catch up I'll read more. That really stinks though.

Anyway hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww...love all the kitty pics. BF just adopted a new kitty. He has spent the last 48 hours under his sofa. Poor guy. He was rescued when living in a feral community. The foster dad said he is very sweet once he warms up.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_2272.JPG
This baby girl is officially all mine!!! With her extra toesies, bug eyes, two face, and head tilt lolol! Missy came up with her name - Bellerina, and we call her Bellie for short! The two youngest love mama's hello kitty robe (that's what they're laying on)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_2282.JPG
The two babies love each other! That's Tin-Tin aka the photobombing cat whenever I try to take bling pics lololol!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So sweet Pinto. Congrats!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_2198.JPG
Oh yes, she's apparently part fox! Have you ever seen a tail puff like this?!?!?!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love your bathroom tile too!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_2288.jpg IMG_2289.jpg IMG_2290.jpg
A couple preview pics of my new ring! Can't wait to see it in person!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto!!!! New antique jewel AND a new kitty???:love::clap::appl::love:

The ring is beeeyotiful! It looks familiar, can you say where it is from??

Lots of love to Bellerina and Tin Tin!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Pinto, good idea to search YouTube for some sleep music. Ooh tell us more about the ring you ordered and your DBTY necklace. I love that type of necklace but I doubt I’d wear one very often. I told my sister she should get one made with a bunch of her small sapphires. Glad to hear you have some spring flowers coming up. Wow to 255 bulbs! Cute kitties. I am so glad Bellie is yours now. Too funny Tin-Tin likes to photobomb your pictures. I see you posted pictures of your ring – very pretty.

Jimmianne, I think the headphones would be uncomfortable to sleep in but it’s not a bad idea. Marty has some of the Bose noise cancelling earbuds that he uses for travel. I bet those foxes can be noisy. How nice you found a lovely tree grove in bloom on the walk with your friends. It sounds very pretty. I am sure Issy enjoyed the outing as well. Boo for waking up so early.

Missy, great pictures and of course cute kitties and puppies. I love that HRH demanded your attention this morning. I have a worse time falling asleep with light around me than noise. I would have to find a way to adjust to that in the city. Your ocean waves story reminded me when we were at the beach house last summer on vacation; the first few days I swear I thought it was wind. That is what is sounds like here at night when it’s windy.

Scandi, that is cool you find new things in the forest. We used to go for long jeep rides around my parents cabin and I swear I never saw the same thing or same place twice.

CJ, I am delighted to hear your eye is almost completely healed. Sweet. Good idea to check with your niece on whether she’d rather have cash or go shopping with you. Yes, I wasn’t happy to lose vacation time but I am happy to have a job so I won’t gripe about it at work.

Sharon, those are quite the pair of earrings. Kitties – perfect for Missy.

Kristie, how is Maggie doing today?

Not much exciting going on here. I was productive so far today. I got my Easter cards done and mailed, sent my MIL her birthday card and made little fake work badges for a little Broncos bear and Snoopy I have on my desk at work. The other 2 teddy bears I have there have fake badges so I had to make some for my new work buddies.
I made it to the post office and back without incident. No curbs were injured (and more importantly my car made it home safe) on my outing.
Marty stayed home from golf today. We had sustained 50 mph winds going on; my hair looked lovely after come home from the post office.
Have a fabulous Sunday.
Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, glad you are firmly on the mend. When I take biotin 10 mg I get a lot of growth in eyelashes. Maybe worth a try?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Marcy! I bet Marty will add clients after spring/summer, when the weather is bad and an indoors workout is necessary. It'll pick up. :mrgreen:

Maggie is in less pain today. Hopefully the Adequan will have an impact, and soon. I'm weighing her food, she gets 325 calories/day to lose 2 pounds.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HRH Francesca, so gleamy and sleek. What is not to love???

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, love those snowy mountains :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, I am delighted to hear Maggie is in less pain today. I feel so bad for her. Poor thing having to diet too. I agree Marty will be more apt to find clients going in to the winter. I hope he finds a client soon so he doesn't get discouraged.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no Jimmianne. How awful. How old is the bracelet? Is there any kind of warrranty left on it? I broke a prong on a ring one time by hitting it on a wall at work but I knew I smacked it pretty hard.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's about 18 months old. I'm calming down now [removed my post and will talk to the vendor]. whew!
We do like things to be perfect, huh.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We do want everything to be perfect Jimmianne. I am sure they will take care of you. It seems like it's a year warranty but I'm not sure.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks, Marcy.
:dance:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Today was the first hint that spring might ever arrive here. Coldest winter in many years, and also the rainiest ever which is saying something. My star magnolia usually blooms at the end of January or beginning of February. It's just coming into full flower now:

Image 4-9-17 at 6.20 PM.jpg

Missy, it's so discouraging to hear that the people who run things are so inconsiderate about your patients. It would be challenging for anyone to wait that long for an appointment, much less someone with disabilities. I can see why you're so frustrated. They're doing everything possible to keep you from providing the excellent patient care you want to give and your patients are entitled to receive. I'm so angry on your behalf!!!!

But I'm also falling in love with those cute kitties. Kitties!!! I can't go to any rescue place until I'm fully prepared to bring home a dog because that is what I'd do for sure. I'm still not ready, but have been thinking about it a little more. And I haven't started on the earrings project yet. It's been really busy around here, and I need to sit down and really think about what I'd wear the most and get the most enjoyment out of. Speaking of enjoyment, I had two days back to back of continuing education because I'm waaaaay short of the credits I need and this is a reporting year for me. The first day was a webcast but the second day was live and I had to sit in a windowless room for hours on end. The lights in there made Elle into a total glitter bomb and I must have looked at her a thousand times. Again, thank you so much for helping to make it happen. It probably makes me sound shallow, but I get an immense amount of pleasure from looking at her. I missed her in D.C. because she stayed behind.

Jaaron, I forgot to vote on your cluster rings!!! I liked the emerald one best (even though I'm not a colored stones kind of girl) because I liked the shape of the center stone. It really sets off the other stones so nicely. And love your 'go to' dress. And I hear you on the political posts. I've been enjoying PS much more now that I have a number of people on ignore (five I think?) and not even seeing the posts they start. So much more pleasant.

Junie, I'm glad the new baby is doing well. Always a relief when they get to go home. My niece is expecting a girl in the next few weeks. She's ready now, but baby apparently isn't! And I hope you're enjoying a nice spring. When we were in D.C., the weather was different every day and quite challenging to try and schedule the outdoor events on the good days and the indoor stuff on the rainy and cold ones. And it's hard now to worry about your kids, even when they're grown.

Jimmianne, you are always an inspiration to me. From now on when I'm facing a challenge, I'm going to ask "What would Jimmieanne do?" which will get me off my butt and tacking it head on. If I wasn't going somewhere else at the end of the month, I'd be tempted to head your way in France. Demo is always my favorite part of construction!!!!!

Marcy, I loved the spring flowers collection. Made me happy to look at it and is my inspiration for this post for the photos below. Boo on losing a week of vacation. Those are hard to come by, and you need a break from those slackers who make your life crazy.

Scandi, hope you're having fun in Norway!! Such a beautiful place. I ran into and talked to 3 different Norwegians in D.C. - 2 at our hotel and 1 on a tour. Interesting coincidence. Talked about #45 because I always want people from other countries to realize that many of us don't support what he's doing or what he stands for (whatever that is).

Kristie, I'm glad Finnie is doing better. Having one of your fur babies under the weather is always a worrisome thing. And I hope you're enjoying the red, white and blue. And you'll get your OEC. We will make sure of it (especially Missy)!! And I realized that the photo I sent is the only Dawg item I have. And northing in cardinal and gold either. Just those expensive pieces of paper!!!

CJ, glad to hear about your eye getting better. Oh and the latest member of your family looks so, so cute!! I grew up with 4 cats and a dog (although at one time there were two litters so 11 cats and 1 dog).

Pinto, it sounds like you made the right choice for you this weekend in skipping the dinner. Guilt is a hard thing to overcome, but sometimes you just have to follow your intuition and do what makes sense for you.

Tacori, I love the dress you got for the wedding. It looks perfect for that. I haven't commented on shoes because heels are now something I remember fondly but never wear anymore. But then I hardly ever wear a dress either!! The other NIRDI's have great suggestions though. And I can imagine you need every day of vacation you can get. You do important and valuable work, but it must take quite an emotional toll. I admire anyone who goes into counseling. Much needed and under-valuework.

Monnie, it's good to see you here. Love the avatar. You're quite the gardener as I remember. I admire that in others because I've always told myself I'm a gardener and finally realized and admitted it's all yard work to me. I love the looking at it part, but not the doing part. I planted some geraniums today which is my one contribution to summer color anymore. In fact, I gave away the last of my clay pots that are now empty after having a dozen or more. Just not feeling it these days (or maybe I am feeling it, like in my back and legs!!)

So, thought I'd share a few photos from D.C. inspired by Marcy's lovely flower shots. I'll do some more conventional ones later but thought I'd give you some D.C. springtime (there wasn't much of it outside except the cherry blossoms).

The cherry trees surrounding the Tidal Basin. The cold weather in March caused a lot of the buds to freeze and fall off, but still very pretty:

DSC04296.jpg

The trees at the modern wing of the National Gallery of Art:
DSC03993.jpg

The Washington Monument hiding in the background:
DSC04287.jpg

Some of the orchids at an exhibit in the Hirschhorn Gallery:
DSC03805.jpg
And a spidery one or is it more of a centipede?
DSC03807.jpg

An overcast somber day at Arlington Cemetery:
DSC04391.jpg

Not much spring here yet.

DSC04403.jpg

The Washington Monument disappearing into the fog. No wonder they call this part of town Foggy Bottom!
DSC03863.jpg

And some painted flowers by Van Gogh:
DSC03964.jpg

So there's springtime in D.C. I'll share more stuff about my trip later.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Rainwood,
I love hearing that Elle got you through an awful boring course and allowed you to transcend the mundane.
It's you and the other NIRDIs who are my inspiration, although I am very flattered that you think I can be inspiring. Actually, your saying that this morning was just what I needed as my trip grows closer and I feel a little scared.
The darned foxes are now right around the house making a racket, so bold. They woke me from a dream that my husband was a monster AND I had a new kitten. haha - there is a disturbance on the force here! which I am sure is due to the upcoming travel and all the kitties up for adoption [Missy!]
Of course, you should head for France [and Scandinavia!] when you have the chance. We would have fun, especially if you like demo. Shall I save you a wall?? : )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Sharon thank you so much for thinking of me. Love those earrings but they weigh more than HRH LOL. I have a 5 gram total maximum weight for my earlobes. Love the earrings though.:love: Anything new going on by you? Any vacations coming up? How is the family? I hope all is well and sending hugs your way.

Pinto Yes!!! So excited and happy Bellerina is officially yours!!!:love::love::love: Woohoo!!!!:appl::appl::appl: Adoption party at your place?:cheeky: At the very least play date with your furry crew and mine. We can do it at my place and I will have Greg whip up something yummy to keep us happy while the kitties are playing.:cheeky: You know I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new ring! Cannot wait to see that baby on your finger! You are cleaning up in the bling department young lady...way to go! Bellerina texted HRH Francesca and well you know it will be trouble when they get together LOL. Better hold on to our wallets because these 2 princesses like their mamas love the shiny bling.:lol:

CJ so happy your eye is all better! Thank you for the lovely compliment. Greg is a good sport. If the situation were reversed I don't think I would be so willing to let him share my photos all over the place. I am sure your niece will appreciate your thoughtful gift(s).

Marcy that makes sense and hopefully Marty's business will pick up once the cooler weather returns. Wow on your sustained winds of over 50mph. I don't love the wind because I always worry we are going to lose power at the Jersey shore house because there the lines are above ground whereas here the power lines are below ground so less likely. Of course the generator at the beach house helps but it still always makes me nervous when we experience high winds. Glad you were so productive and you helped make up for me not doing much of anything haha. Today I have to clean up because our cleaning person is coming Wed and the house needs some straightening up before she gets here. I hate cleaning up before the cleaning person but I must.::)

Scandi, love the snowy mountain photo. Gorgeous. How did F do with her training this weekend? Did you all have fun at the mountains this weekend?

Jimmianne, I don't know what happened re your bracelet bling but whatever it is sounds distressing and I am sorry and I hope it is resolved by now. And you are a brave woman whom I admire greatly. Speaking of great women I admire greatly-

hello Rainwood, your trip sounds fantastic and I love your photos and I am glad you are reunited with Elle and that she helps get you through the mundane. It's probably a good idea not to visit a rescue center till you are ready to have your heart stolen away by the sweet fur babies. When you are ready (if you are ready) to rescue another sweet fur baby you will know.
As you know it was so much my pleasure to help and I am always ready and willing and able to help anybody here find their dream old cut stone.

OMG we went back yesterday and we *almost* adopted another. Kitcat because she stole Greg's heart and sat with him for over 40 minutes! But sadly we had to leave without her. 4 is enough with going back and forth to the beach house. And I also had one of my worst allergy attacks in a long time. Both yesterday and Saturday but I sort of blocked it from my mind on Saturday but when we went back on Sunday BAM. So I guess my allergies never really went away. I was miserable all day with my nose stuffed up and running and it didn't calm down till hours later. Oh well they are worth it for sure.

Tacori, congrats on your BF's new kitty! And I am sure he will warm up when he becomes more comfortable in his new home. It is scary for the poor fella. Hoping he becomes a great new addition to the family! Good luck with the 3" heels. I find aerosole shoes to be comfortable generally so fingers crossed!

Kristie, so happy you have Maggie's condition under control and I am always sending healing vibes and lots of love her way. She is lucky to have the most loving fur baby parents!

OK so yes we went back yesterday to the animal rescue center. Best Friends in Soho. Wonderful wonderful place. Cats and dogs and just lovely people. A few more photos and then I am off. Have a great day girls and (((HUGS))) to everyone.

First up is Kit Kat who sort of fell in love with Greg and vice versa. She sat on him for a really long time until I said it was time to go. I swear I think Greg was on the verge of saying let's adopt a fifth...but the commuting back and forth with all of the cats held him back from saying that. Oh well. My allergies (and his) probably wouldn't do well with another in our furry brood. 3EB21D41-FCBB-4436-9246-1ADFB1C156F8.JPG

D7F67DFF-4726-4CDF-A3F6-433722291C86.JPG

91B199FF-B13C-4148-9E66-BF7722D532FA.JPG

Next up is Avril. She enjoys laying in one of the drawers. She is super sweet. B7583CDE-F288-402D-9639-71E0733B20E6.JPG

4BCBB1BC-F8A4-410D-A306-5998658033B0.JPG

And a few photos of the kittens. Adorable.

kittens.jpg

kittens2.jpg

kittensawww.jpg

And look at these cozy little beds. One of the volunteers made them and all the cats and dogs have one. So soft and the cats LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

693FA0EA-73E1-4C29-AD03-034966885825.JPG

And that's all for now. 10 file maximum and a good place to stop. Have a great day!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And just wanted to add a number of kitties and doggies got adopted Saturday afternoon (and one for sure Sunday morning because we were there when Bonnie was adopted woohoo!). Sweetie got adopted as did Tuna and Bonnie and another one or 2 whose names escape me at the moment. So excited about them finding their hopefully FUREVER happy homes. Fingers crossed for all of the kitties and doggies!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results