carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

CJ, I never heard of a prom gift with the exception of the boy giving the girl a corsage or something like that. For graduation we always give cash. It is something that never goes out of style and suits the pickiest graduate. ;-)
No worries about missing the "sunburn" and now I am not sure it was that. I think it was just one my weird sun reactions (PMLE, sun allergies, rashes of all sorts yada yada yada) manifesting in a different way because it was gone by the next day. So weird. But I am never going outside without sunblock on my face if I am outside for more than a minute.

Tacori how about a squarish toe and a blocky low heel like this. Seems this might be comfortable compared to the classic heel.
In nude but this was the only photo I could find with them on the feet. I think this type of shoe in beige/nude would look nice with your dress and looks more comfortable than the typical heels.

marymid_bissue_alt07.jpg

marymid_bissue_03.jpg

marymid_bissue_alt05.jpg

Or I love the look of something like these with your dress.

ada5747396976b7313d23cf9d78838ce.jpg

Though if you are looking for a sandal these won't work.
2 different sandal options that still look comfortable. Hope I am not being a pain here just trying to help. I know what it is like to be shopping and not liking much of anything in the stores! For comfort when I wore sandals I always went with Easy Spirit and Naturalizer. 2 old lady brands haha so I am not really on the pulse of style with shoes unless they are boots or ballet flats my 2 mainstays. Hope you find something suitable soon.

Matisse-Stella-Natural-3_compact.jpg

e3854263df547e609d8870e3edc4aefb.jpg

Marcy me too. I don't want to spend lots of money on a dress I might not wear or only wear once. You wouldn't believe how many things I have in my wardrobe that I never wore. No thanks. We just finished the season finale of Big Little Lies last night. You are a naughty girl and that is all I will say about that LOL.
I hope Marty gets lots of clients soon and makes his business a huge success.
Thanks for asking about my "sunburn" and now I think it wasn't that but a weird sun reaction that didn't manifest till a few hours after we were outside and didn't last more than the night. Weird but I am very very thankful and have learned my lesson. Sorry about your work craziness and I feel ya. I am so not looking forward to my workweek starting today. Fingers crossed for all of us that work goes OK this week.

Junie thanks for your updates and your good wishes re my silly problems and glad you are having a good week. And I know it is stressful dealing with all the estate business but you are right and one day it will be over. So one day at a time honey. I know it is hard though. As for your kids my fingers and toes and everything is crossed for them and they are super lucky to have you and E as their parents. (((Hugs))).

Scandi hope you are feeling better and thinking of you. Lovely photo.

Have a good day girls!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok found my dream dress except it's a few hundred too much but sharing it here. Isn't it gorgeous? Even in black. Love this dress. I haven't seen it in the stores so haven't tried it on but I think it would look good on me based on my figure and the shape of the dress. Anyway out of the budget but it's fun to dream.

IMG_1624.JPG IMG_1625.JPG IMG_1626.JPG

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh so glad I stopped by! Dresses :) :) :)

Tacori, I have these from Alexander Wang in nude/blush and they are very comfortable:
wang.jpg

Missy, I think you are right! That dress would look gorgeous on you! Not sure what you are looking for / the occasion, but have you ever looked at any dresses from Australian Zimmermann? They had a few nice ones the last time I checked ;-) And I think for example this one would look fantastic on you:

Zimmermann indigo.jpg

Zimmermann navy.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I love the one you bought in 2016!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And again... Missy, I know you said "dream" and not "fairytale", but I immediately started to think of Alice&Olivia:
alice_and_olivia_.jpg

Last edited:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty dresses and pretty shoes---now I want to shop! :lol-2:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the tips on the graduation gifts guys :)

marcy I was thinking cash would be good...and maybe some safety items for when she's in the dorm.

Sorry to hear about work being not so great yesterday. Hope you get home early or at least on time today.

missy I notice that my skin has become extremely sensitive to the sun. I feel that on the rare occasions I'm without sunscreen if I expose my skin more than a few minutes - like say taking out the garbage and spending a few minutes under the sun - I develop like a reddish tint that looks like a rash a little bit.

I hope you find a dress you're happy with.

Does $200 seem like an appropriate gift for a very dear and close niece. It feels right to me but I tend to be not over the top with gifts. I just want to make sure it's appropriate and will feel special I guess coming from her main aunt & Godmother.

Hope everyone's having a great day.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the tips on the graduation gifts guys :)

marcy I was thinking cash would be good...and maybe some safety items for when she's in the dorm.

Sorry to hear about work being not so great yesterday. Hope you get home early or at least on time today.

missy I notice that my skin has become extremely sensitive to the sun. I feel that on the rare occasions I'm without sunscreen if I expose my skin more than a few minutes - like say taking out the garbage and spending a few minutes under the sun - I develop like a reddish tint that looks like a rash a little bit.

I hope you find a dress you're happy with.

Does $200 seem like an appropriate gift for a very dear and close niece. It feels right to me but I tend to be not over the top with gifts. I just want to make sure it's appropriate and will feel special I guess coming from her main aunt & Godmother.

Hope everyone's having a great day.
That is a generous gift! If she is close in proximity, maybe your gift can be the cash and to go on a shopping spree together where you go to bed bath and beyond (or any store she wants) and pick out stuff for her dorm room together.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, I'm sorry, I have no idea. We don't do graduation gifts here. Hope your eye is better!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you begin feeling better Scandi!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you begin feeling better Scandi!
Thank you, you are too sweet! I was starting to, and now we were just told that our current contractor for the house may be going bankrupt. .. will this never end? ?? Please think positive thoughts....

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Missy, I like the ones with the gold straps. Where did you find those. Any thoughts are these?

3788174-p-LARGE_SEARCH.jpg

3805839-p-LARGE_SEARCH.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, pictures are worth a 1000 words so naturally you get a ton of info out of all of the great pictures posted here. Great dress photos. Feel better and oh my gosh no about your contractors.

Missy, I hate those reactions that you don’t know where they came from; I am glad you are better. I don’t like the feel of sun screen and burn easily so it’s a problem for me. I found a non-greasy spray that I’ll use if I have to be outside. Great looking shoes you posted. Yes, I figured some of the ending out for Big Little Lies. I hope Marty gets clients soon too; he is very restless tonight and quiet. He printed out a few of his flyers to go hang up but they are all setting on the printer. I hope work goes well for you this week. Pretty dream dress.

Kristie, does your ring arrive tomorrow?

CJ, cash is always one size fits all so I am sure your niece will appreciate it. I gave my nieces each $100 for HS graduation but I don’t know what’s normal. I think whatever you feel you want to give. I love Pinto Bean’s idea of taking her to BB&B to get some things for her dorm room.

HI Pinto Bean!

Tarcori, great looking shoes.

Work was busy but I left at 5 pm. Actually more like 4:59 pm. Ha!

We had homemade tacos for supper and I have 3 lunches leftover now. I have cheese sandwiches for 2 days so will be glad to have something better for lunch. Funny thing I think either cheese or whole wheat bread it bothering me. My lip and tongue keep swelling up for a while after lunch. Oh oh.

Have a fabulous evening.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, you are too sweet! I was starting to, and now we were just told that our current contractor for the house may be going bankrupt. .. will this never end? ?? Please think positive thoughts....

Oh no Scandi. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. How far along are they on the house?

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello to everyone!! I'm too far behind to truly catch up so will just leap in on whatever I can remember (which is always asking for trouble and bound to disappoint).

Missy, I love the dress you bought last year. You look fabulous in it. Add a pair of your fabulous diamond earrings and you're set to go. I mean it. We often see flaws in ourselves that others don't and I think that's what is going on with the dress. It really does look wonderful on you and I know Sir Fred agrees. I'll be interested in hearing how work goes this week, and hope you find some resolution in whatever way turns out best for you.

Junie, I'm sorry there is family drama over your mom's estate. It happens a lot, but it doesn't make it any easier when you're the one having to deal with it. I'm glad you had a chance to go to the beach house, and go to the shower and wedding. Circle of life and all that.

Kristie, can't wait to see the new stacker. I hope you love it. Much better than scorpions, right?

Jimmmiane, I hope you have a great time making the house in France the way you want. You have such a creative eye that it's guaranteed to be tres belle, I'm sure.

Scandi, sorry to hear about your cold and the contractor maybe going bankrupt. You've had enough problems with them already!

Callie, sounds like the GTG was a blast. Sorry I couldn't oust 45 from the White House, but I'm guessing there will be others to help with that once they get to the bottom of the Russia stuff.

Marcy, I hope Marty's business is successful and the change in ownership of his employer goes okay. Is spring coming your way?

CJ, it's good to hear you're looking after yourself. It's easy to let that slide which I know from personal experience! And glad your eye is getting better. Anything with eyes is always troubling, plus it's on your face for the world to see!! I had a stye a few months ago for the first time ever and finally realized that warm was the right way to go rather than cold. Isn't it great that Missy looks after our eye health?

Monnie, Tacori, Pinto, and Tacori, lovely to see you here. I hope I didn't miss anyone and apologize if I did.

So my last photo was of the lovely, but apparently cursed, Hope Diamond. I was going to add that after the photo but couldn't figure out how to do it. Is anyone else having that same problem?

So I'll talk about the coming photos in advance. The next one is also of the Hope Diamond but shows more of the blue color. I don't know what the others are because we got to the gem room just a few minutes before closing, and when they announced closing time, I was running around thinking, "NO!! I have to get some shots for the NIRDI's!!!" So I got the photos but no info whatsoever. So here come the big rocks:

DSC03838.jpg

So now it's letting me in. Maybe because I chose thumbnail?? Here's one for you sapphire fans:

DSC03848.jpg
Isn't that heart stoppingly gorgeous? Get the defibrillator, please. More for the sapphire lovers:

DSC03847.jpg

And for those of you in need of a tiara with opals or a gorgeous necklace:
DSC03849.jpg

And my personal favorite because it's dripping with icy white pears:
DSC03844.jpg

This necklace would go with everything, right?

I'll talk more about the trip when I get a chance, but knew you'd be the ones who'd appreciate these photos the most.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's a rainy dreary morning here and well getting out of bed even to get coffee today was a struggle. I was right in the middle of a dream (weird as my dreams always are) when Greg woke me and oh what I would have given for it to be a weekend for both of us today.

Scandi Oh no! I am sending bucket loads of dust your way hoping it all gets resolved. One problem after another with this project but I am thinking good thoughts for you and hoping that your dream house will be completed and this will all be a distant memory the sooner the better. In the meantime I know it is stressful and sending you hugs and lots of positive vibes!
Love that Alice&Olivia dress-so lovely. Thanks for sharing your opinion on which dress you like. Greg likes that one too.

CJ, I think $200 cash is a generous gift for your niece's graduation. And I also love Pinto's idea of spending the day with her and shopping. Time is more valuable than money and combining the 2 is genius and I am sure she will appreciate it.

Kristie love the band. Glad we were able to tempt you over to the dark (plat full eternity) side bawahahaha. :twisted:I know the rest of the NIRDIs are waiting for you to post pics and of course I want to see hand pics please. I agree it is a beauty so don't keep everyone in suspense much longer.

Tacori here are the links. I found another pair that are inexpensive that might work too. I like the shoes you posted but not for a more formal affair though I do like them for casual wear. I am a fan of clunky shoes but then again I came of age in the early 70s/80s and we all (well some of us not you youngsters) remember those shoe styles. Funky and clunky so I do like that style. Just looked at the shoe styles you posted again and I think the second pair you posted would work well with your dress for the wedding actually.

Here is the link for the shoe you liked.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/2016-...l-chunky/385708004.html#s1-9-1;disc|322740555

And here is one that is similar and inexpensive. Caveat-I don't know how comfie any of these shoes are.

http://us.asos.com/asos/asos-honeycomb-heeled-sandals/prd/7205406?iid=7205406&affid=14174&channelref=product%20search&mk=abc¤cyid=2&ppcadref=753857711%7C38363054326%7Cpla-282635835043&gclid=CjwKEAjwq5LHBRCN0YLf9-GyywYSJAAhOw6mNl7hYLxmEIhtjza6qHuTcxcyuFdkiiuRvK7FtwA2BBoCAuzw_wcB

Marcy, glad you got to leave on time (haha ok one minute early) yesterday and that work was busy but manageable. I am keeping you both in my thoughts and I hope the change of power at Marty's job goes OK for him and that his new business does well too. I know it is a stressful time for you guys right now and I want you to know we are keeping good thoughts for you. I hope all you got was rain yesterday and that the snow is gone at least for the next 2 seasons. I liked Big Little Lies but I also liked the actors so it was entertaining all around thought the story felt a bit implausible.

Rainwood, thank you for the jewel photos and yes it is very much appreciated. I agree that last necklace does go with everything and specifically with my dress (I have not yet chosen) for the affair don't you think? :cheeky: Thank you for weighing in with your thoughts re which dress I should choose. I hear what you are saying and know logically you are right. I might not know which dress till the last minute. LOL poor Greg because he has to alter all my potential choices if I don't decide for sure till that day. :oops: I would love to hear about your trip when you feel like sharing. What is going on with your earring project? I have been thinking about that and wanting to ask but didn't want to bother you while you were away. Have you made any decisions? Were you happy to be reunited with your OEC when you got back home or did you take her to DC? For some reason I thought you left her at home but now I am not sure.

As for work well I am still quite undecided as to
what to do. I was busy at work yesterday and literally patients waited 3 plus hours for me. I do not like this new "normal" at work. I got there on time and I had 6 patients waiting for me and some had already been there for 3 hours before I got there. Yes you heard that right. And of course I could only see one patient at a time so some patients ended up waiting pretty much half a day. Not cool and not OK.

Some of my patients were aggravated about the long waits (who could blame them not me!) until I apologized and explained what was going on and then all of them were on my side. And in fact the staff said how much more smoothly my day went than the other clinician's day who has a similar schedule and all her patients were mad while mine all understood. Anyway the way the staff said that to me (and I won't quote it here) made me feel appreciated and loved.

But I
don't feel that love from the administration who I continue to be pissed off by. It isn't fair to my patients at all and it isn't fair to the clinicians either. Very stressful work conditions because I am not the kind of person who is OK with keeping patients waiting for hours and hours whereas believe me many clinicians don't seem to care. I do. It is IMO inhumane and I don't know what to do about it because truly there isn't anything I can do. I have already voiced my discontent with this and now the only power I really have is to leave if I cannot tolerate it.

Another issue is while we are busy now the long view is that we don't have enough patients to support all 3 days of eye care so soon we will start slowing down and that is when our new schedule will truly take hold. What admin is doing is ensuring that when we aren't busy we don't get paid (because we are forced to leave) and that isn't right. We were guaranteed a minimum day when we first started (I started there in 2001) and now they are making it like we are in practice for ourselves. But we aren't in practice for ourselves and we don't reap the benefits we would if we were so we shouldn't be penalized for the negatives as if we were.

That is enough about work. Thank you for listening.

Greg left for the beach house early this morning right after he woke me
because the feral cats will be out of food by tomorrow so he couldn't wait to go and fill it this weekend. And then he will go to work. So he is going to have a loooong day today. I hate it when he drives such a long distance in this wet slippery nasty weather especially because NY drivers are sort of like reckless cowboys where traffic rules are only considered a suggestion. LOL and :knockout:

I hope today goes well for everyone and that when I get back here to check in I see some happy news and a few bling pics too:pray:. Hugs all around and see you later.:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh I don't know what is going on with the print size. Sometimes it all just changes mid post and I try to fix it and it gets messed up. I know I am inadvertently hitting something causing the print size to change but I cannot figure out what I am doing and how to prevent it. Sorry!

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Nirdi's-

All my recent postings have been hit and run on politics, so finally taking a few minutes to catch up- only going back to Missy's dress photos, so I apologise for whatever I'm missing in between that and my last post.

Missy - I think both those dresses are gorgeous. You won't go wrong with either one, and it's hard to imagine they ever looked better on you than they do now. No support undergarments needed. Is the even work, purely social or a combination? I also hate shopping, and will confess that nearly all my clothing comes from Net-a-Porter. Here in London, you order online, they drop it off at your house either later that day or the next day, you get to try in on at home, and then go online to process any returns and they come collect it either later that day or sometime the next. I've gotten hopelessly spoiled with that system. And I completely agree with you on the a-line thing- universally flattering. This is my go-to dress for weddings--embarrassingly, I have the same dress in two different fabrics--because it's ridiculously easy to wear. It even has pockets. Sadly, this is not a picture of me in it.

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 12.51.40.png

I love the pictures of Fred with crossed paws. One of my favourite things is when the dogs sleep on their backs with their feet crossed in the air. I don't know why, but I find it incredibly cute. I'm sorry to hear about the sunburn/reaction. I've finally learned to always put sunblock on my face as the first part of my getting dressed routine. If I don't do that, I forget. I I'm sorry work continues to be such a trial and that you're stuck in the middle of between the way things are being managed and the patients. I'm glad they're on your side and are being understanding, but I can only imagine you have a constant feeling of anxiety about them waiting so long. I hope things resolve soon.

Taco - I think your dress is gorgeous. The colours are gorgeous, and as someone who could never get away without a bra, I have serious envy of anyone who can pull that off. Shoe-wise, I love the ones Missy posted with the ankle strap. I have these, and find them very comfortable Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 13.03.40.png

And these are my cheat to get in a higher heel (I could also be 5" taller without even approaching tall) - the platform makes them super easy to wear. I have them in silver, nude and black patent- does anyone see a lack of creativity pattern here? :oops:

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 13.07.13.png

Junebug - Parenting is such a hard balance between holding tight and letting go, isn't it? That's why I think pets are so much easier :lol:. We're not trying to help them achieve independence. Plus they don't give you the side-eye or explain condescendingly that you're too old to 'understand fourth wave feminism'. Ahem. How's the baby doing? When will he be allowed to go home? Everyone must be very anxious for that. And bunions - ugh. I had hereditary ones on both feet (grandmother and all her sisters had them, skipped my mother) and finally had to cave in and have them done-- they didn't hurt but they were creating a real issue with terrible pain under my second toes because my gait was off. They did keyhole, so I don't have scars, and I'm thrilled that I did it, but the recovery was... tedious. I hope the estate issues are resolving.

Matata - Your thing about getting up off the floor made me laugh. My trainer always says, after he has me do stuff on the floor, 'get up slowly', and I'm thinking - like there's any other way?? :lol:

CJ - I'm glad your eye is getting better. I've also never heard of a prom gift, and agree that $200 is a lovely graduation gift, and like the idea of shopping together. I also usually try to find something fun and frivolous for the dorm room, like some really cool string lights.

Jimianne - I think the ring is gorgeous. If you think sending it to Missy is too far, I'm right here on this side of the ocean... Can I ask roughly what region in France the house is in? What a fun project.

Callie - thank you for your kind comments earlier on my political rants :lol:. I'm trying to get a grip. And I have to say, someone earlier mentioned that you are very glamorous- I could tell that just from your dog! I'm not sure what it says about me that mind are disgusting mud-rolling, trash-eating hooligans.

Azstonie - Has the band arrived? Can we have some pictures?

Marcy - I'm sorry work has been unsettled for both you and Marty. Maybe you need to think about keeping Jimianne's sledge hammer next to your desk. And I think you and Marty should exchange lunch bags. I would totally hire a personal trainer with a Snoopy one. Does Marty have a baseline number of clients that he needs to make a go of things with the new venture? I really admire that you both seem to be doing a good job of keeping your senses of humour through the ups and downs. And please be careful if you think you're having an allergic reaction to something you're eating- the mom in me always worries about things like that.

Rainwood - Don't be modest. It was you that planted the Bannon-must-go seed, was it not?! If not, please don't say so and burst my bubble. Those diamond photos are gorgeous. Not sure which I'd choose for walking the dogs, though...

Scandi- Oh no on the contractor. What a nightmare. Is it a big company or a small operation? Fingers crossed that things get fixed. And I hope you're starting to feel better.

Hi Pinto Bean - :wavey: (please note, that's a hello, not a passive-aggressive wavey!)

Have a great day everyone.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and I'm trying to decide about these cluster rings - I'll keep one, if either. Thoughts?

Please excuse the dry, cold hands and stubby fingers.

IMG_0961.JPG IMG_0962.JPG IMG_0986.JPG IMG_0987.JPG

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jaaron, my favourite is the diamond one, but both are gorgeous :)

Oh, and love your Jimmy's - who could ever say no to more than one colour of those...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Running off to work and just happened to check in and saw these.:love: My favorite is the emerald cluster of the 2 but they are both so pretty and romantic. But if I were to keep just one I choose the emerald ring.:love:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Running off to work and just happened to check in and saw these.:love: My favorite is the emerald cluster of the 2 but they are both so pretty and romantic. But if I were to keep just one I choose the emerald ring.:love:

Missy, GOOD LUCK at work today!! Thinking of you!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, I'm sorry to hear about the builder/possible bankruptcy :-o Its always difficult to assess the financial stability of a company you're considering using for a project, at least here in the US it is. When I put a pool in my backyard I did not go with the low bidder because I wanted to be certain that the company would still be in business during and after my project. I'm sending lots of diamond dust to your situation.

CJ, hi! Re graduations, I give cash plus a small quality keepsake. I still have the gifts I received for high school and college graduation, they were quality and useful throughout the years. My godmother gave me a beautiful manicure kit and luggage, that kind of thing. Jewelry if you really know the taste of the recipient. One thing, I tailor the monetary amount to the graduation, one amount for high school and another one, typically at least double, for college graduation undergrad.

Jaaron, they are both beautiful, I do NOT know how you are going to choose, can you get BOTH???:lol-2::appl:If I had to pick, I like the emerald/diamond ring on your hand, it looks good with your skin tones and it has great finger coverage too, right?
Marcy, big dust to Marty's new business :appl::mrgreen: How's the Porsche doing? Vroooooom!!!

Rainy, you are the FIRE QUEEN of pricescope, I love fire shots of diamonds!!! I saw the Hope Diamond in Tucson at the Show one year, breathtaking. I am not superstitious, I'd wear that sucker!
:lol:

Hi Junie! Looking forward to summering on the beach?!! Good stuff :dance:

Monnie, Tacori, and Pinto you are now NIRDIs, bwahahahaha!

Missy, you and Greg are so good to the ferals :saint: I like ALL the dresses you've posted, honestly. There isn't one of them you don't/wouldn't look beautiful in. I'm sorry to read about the work situation above. I'm surprised they don't have a meltdown in the waiting room. It must be really hard to try to give them a quality exam/refraction/treatment plan if they are upset, hungry/thirsty by the time they see you.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, here are a few pics of my humble band. I love it, though, because I went with full eternity and platinum (you guys keep bringing me over to the Dark Side :evil::lol-2:) and I LOVE IT :dance:

So, I ordered it from Israel Rose Estate Jewelry. Communicated by email with David, who could not have been more kind and polite. Of course, I asked for some hand pics AND comment on the condition of the square cut sapphires, which David provided instantly. Any email I sent got a super prompt reply. I asked for a discount, which he gave me. Overnight shipping via USPS was free, insurance $19 which was not gouging me like UPS does.

This band is the so comfortable and it looks nice with my ruby and diamond band from Oliver Smith Jeweler.

So let's get some pics: 20170406_113323.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hand shot, I'll get one more this evening in good light outside. 20170405_113822 (2).jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I still have my Holy Grail ring out there in the mist: An OEC soli, ideally 3 ct. The sapphire band would stack nicely with that.

Since I don't yet have that, I need a third band to stack here. Thoughts on that? All diamond full eternity (once you go FULL, you never go back heehee!)? Sapphire/diamond eternity? Engraved antique platinum band?

Please help me, you guys are much better with these burning choices than I!!!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Kristie, look at you, Miss Red White & Blue!!

And the fire shots were simply because of the way the jewels are displayed and lit., no skill of mine was required. I literally had about 4 minutes to look at everything and try to take photos on the run because they were closing up the Harry Winston room at the museum by 5:30 sharp, maybe a little before. There was a ruby set that came out all blurry but everything else was in focus, and all the fire was unintentional but way cool.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi hi hi!:wavey::wavey::wavey:

I'm anxious for this weekend. My BIL (DH's bro) spends every other Easter with his side of the family. Well, this year, his evil wife wants us to come out to bumble bumble for pre Palm Sunday dinner bc Easter is with evil SIL's family. It's also going to be a big to do because this is our first time seeing their nice home - they moved a couple of houses down to a bigger abode in the same community.

It's very hard for me to leave the house since I started putting on weight 10 years ago. Evil SIL is, well, evil... No one "knows" my husband is a drunk outside of my MIL and FIL and oh yeah, MIL "slipped" and told her daughter.:-o:oops2:

I don't know how to feel good or look good for this dinner.

If this were a sitcom, I'd wear the pointiest stilettos and end up scuffing their floors up when I clomped around the house, give myself an oompah loompa fake tan a few hours before going over and leave orange marks on the walls and furnishings - wherever I sat, reclined, touched... ahhh fantasies...:roll:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori, just popping in here to say I bought a pair of block heeled metallic sandals from DSW for the GTG (verrrrry last-minute) and they were super comfortable, plus that heel is really "in" this season, and thank god because skinny heels and me do not get along for more than 2 hours these days. I like those gold sandals Missy posted for your dress but I also like the light blue ones you posted and think you might get more mileage out of those unless you tend toward metallics for a lot of occasions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results