carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, IMO you may as well get good sofas or you’ll want to replace them way sooner than you think. Love the fireplace in your picture.

Jimmianne, phooey for losing your long post. LOL tho to a ghost writer.

Missy, I am sorry about Jesse. I hope you sleep better tonight. I like open spaces too. Love your living room and fireplace at the beach house. It’s fabulous! I agree a real fire is always nice but the gas fireplaces are so much easier to use. No problem on the mini-series; I will see what happens but that is my guess. I hope your coffee helped you make it through the day.

Jaaron, it is a pain to reply to everyone on an iPad. How did your pedicure turn out?

Kristie, love the picture of Maggie.

CJ, those pictures made my eyes water; I had sympathy pains. I am glad you kept your appointment and got some meds to help. Feel better soon. No offense taken about my managerial style; I am fussy and want things done right but I don’t think I’m hard to work for; but that’s my opinion. Being a manager is like being a teacher – sometimes you find the right combination and everyone is happy; sometimes you don’t.

Marty is in Denver but must have stopped for supper since my stalking app shows him at some Pho restaurant.

Is it bad I want one of the new red iPhones?

Snow is in our forecast for tomorrow. Ppppffffftttttzzzzzzz.

I left a note in Killer’s mouth that says “Marcy was a perfect angel”. Ha Ha.

Have a great Friday.

Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh CJ, Those pictures you posted look so painful. I'm so sorry. I hope your eye is getting and feeling better. I'm glad you are keeping your doctors appointment. Hopefully the doctor will tell you that it's healing nicely and it will be better soon. I feel like an idiot. Here I thought you were dealing with a normal stye. I would have been checking in on you more often if I knew it more painful. Kristie had a bug bite last summer that looked similar and she said it hurt bad.

Missy, Did you watch Greys Anatomy tonight? Have your Kleenex ready when you watch. This one had me crying the ugly cry. I loved your comment about the mean girls. Ignoring really is the best way to deal. it's exhausting to argue and let's be honest, it's pointless. Now matter what Trump does they think he is wonderful.

Marcy, Please try not to worry too much about the company Marty works for wanting to sell the division he works for. The new owners rarely let the workers go. Upper management are usually the ones to lose their jobs and even that takes time.

Junie, How is the new baby doing? Any word in when he will be able to come home?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Callie, I know what you mean about poor CJ's eye. My eyes are still having sympathy pains for her.
I am trying to remain calm about Marty's job. He kept asking me last night where i wanted to move?

I woke up with a bit of a stomach ache but I did go to work - my boss was out today and we are so busy. I got a little better by noon so I ate my lunch which turned out to be a bad idea. I came home about 3:30. I had some Sprite and might do crackers or bread for supper if I get hungry.

Marty made it to Omaha and will compete in a strength training competition tomorrow. He is all excited.

I wasn't planning on doing much this weekend so I might make some homemade soup tomorrow. I need some leftovers for lunch and it should set well with my stomach and chilly weather.

It rained most of the night and today turning to snow about 2 this afternoon. It was super foggy this morning.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, it sounds like you are coming down with something. I hope you get some rest and feel better tomorrow. Homemade soup sounds delicious. Will Marty be home tomorrow night?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I don't know how any self-respecting PSr would pick the new red iPhone rather than the rose gold. Hmmph. :lol:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, I don't know how any self-respecting PSr would pick the new red iPhone rather than the rose gold. Hmmph. :lol:

I chose yellow gold :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Callie. I plan to sleep in tomorrow and take it easy. I ate some supper and did okay with it.

Monnie, I do have a rose gold iPhone. :D

Tacori, my iPad is gold. A girl has to have assorted colors, right? :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy April Jewels! See what I did there?:cheeky:
diamond.jpg

Marcy How are you feeling today? I hope your tummy ache is all gone. Hope you have a lovely reunion with Marty and sending you healing vibes. Enjoy the weekend! And I love the rose gold iPhone though when that color first came out I wished it was a richer pink but now I think it is pretty.

Callie I have come up empty with my search. I feel ready to give up but will hang in there. Fingers crossed for today. Have fun this evening!

CJ how is your eye and how did your eye dr appointment go? I hope you are well on your way to being completely recovered and thinking of you sending you lots of healing vibes too. Thanks for the bang compliment. I want them back but Greg adamantly says I am too old for them. I don't usually listen to anyone but me but in this case I know in my heart he is (sadly) right. But I miss those bangs I really do.

LOL Monnie, what about Platinum? That is the color I have. Always timeless and classic and goes with everything diamonds.:lol:

Tacori
I think all colors of the iPhone are pretty and I bet yellow gold looks smashing with the rest of your accessories.:love:

Enjoy your Saturday girls! We are off dress shopping for a gala affair we have in a few weeks. I waited too long and now I may be out of luck grrrr. Nothing to wear for this thing and I hope I get lucky and find something pretty that looks good on me. Not an easy feat these days. :boohoo: Looking for an A line ball gown that is NOT black. Good luck to me because almost everything for a formal affair seems to be black...:doh:Hope everyone has a fun weekend!:appl:

Sharing a photo of Harley and Tara before I go. We miss them very much. There are no more dogs in the family but I still hold hope for rescuing and adopting a few in the future...:whistle:

harleyandtara.jpg

and sharing a photo of my parents first cat Rocky. He was quite the personality LOL and I was the one who rescued him...but he only had eyes for my mom. She was his very favorite.

rockyandmissy.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG why are they so large! I did not hit the full image choice. Oy still don't really get all of the new format. Sorry girls! At least with my posts you don't need your reading glasses.:lol:
tumblr_lrj7b08jfB1qg2ljg.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the yellow gold. I got a back and gold Kate Spade cover that matches my purse :)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, I just wanted to say hi to everyone.

CJ, I'm glad your eye is getting better!

Scandi, I love those floor couches - have always wanted them. It will be fun to see what you decide.

I made my plane reservations and will be in France May 1 - June 28th. A few days ago I wrote to five people I know whom I thought I could travel with, and invited them to go with me. One said yes and is coming for a week in June, and another wants to discuss the details. The one who said yes is very active and independent, so I know that will work. [She is an actress I met on set during a filming - she played a little old lady who died and was eaten by her cats. They smeared cat food on her hands, let the cats loose and started filming. lol So I am not surprised that she is up for adventure].

It is cool, breezy and beautiful here.
Happy Saturday!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the yellow gold. I got a back and gold Kate Spade cover that matches my purse :)

The (caselogic?) one with the gold flakes is on sale at Nordstrom for $16! I almost got that one but I couldn't resist the clear one with glitter floating inside.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Off to Nordstrom to get a new IPhone case!!! Thanks Monnie and Tacori

Missy you look beautiful in the picture!

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My husband got a new IPhone--or should I say it was thrust upon him. For work, he held out with his 400 year old Blackberry until IT took it and handed him the Iphone. He was so mad! lol My question is, is their a grumpy cat case to match how he feels about the phone??

cheers--Sharon

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy
I'm envious of marty - I love pho! Almost had some the other day but then remembered the place around here makes it super salty so I never went.

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts about my eye :) it is much better now even though you can still see the styes. It's not painful any more, either.

Is the note in Killer's mouth for marty - and does marty trust him.

I'm not an iPhone girl so I cannot empathize. But I hope you get whatever you want. :)

callie it was thanks to you that I didn't cancel my doctor's appointment in that moment. And then missy confirmed it. So you checked in on me more than enough. Thank you ((hugs))

And it definitely was painful.

The Doctor drained it and he told me what a good patient I was, that most people jump out of their chair in pain. I laughed to myself when you get things like laser done these things are a walk in the park pain-wise.

Hope you found the case you wanted. :)

missy keeping my fingers crossed that you find the perfect dress today. No matter what you wear I know you will look lovely.

And yes my eye is a lot better. I have to continue taking antibiotics for another week which is a pain but out of all the things to have happened this is mild.

So cute the pictures of the doggies and kitty - and so sweet that he loved your mom so much.

And you look so cute too. You know, normally I'd agree with Greg about bangs but I'm not so sure with you. You still have a very full youthful face and with your personality I think you could them off.

Thanks jimmyanne and glad to hear your trip is booked and you already have someone who might agree to go too. That movie sounds...interesting. :shifty:

hi scandi!
hi kristie!

Hi everyone - hope you're all enjoying your Saturday.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
The (caselogic?) one with the gold flakes is on sale at Nordstrom for $16! I almost got that one but I couldn't resist the clear one with glitter floating inside.
ohhh...going to check it out!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, LOL to April Jewels day. Pretty blue diamond too.
Thank you; I feel better than yesterday but still kind of have the flu. The homemade soup hit the spot.
I agree the rose gold phone could be a little bit more pink; but I like it. Right now you can’t tell what color mine is because it has a blue leather case on it. I can say my MacBook Pro is platinum color. Good idea.
I hope you had fun dress shopping. I am sure you will look fabulous in whatever you pick out. I would think this time of year would be a good time to look for a formal dress; with upcoming weddings and graduations. But since I don’t go looking for dresses I may be wrong.
Love the photos of Harley, Tara and Rocky. And I still say you look great in bangs.

Tacori, your black and gold cover sounds great.

Monnie, I saw the gold glitter case and the other one you linked in person before – they are both nice. There are 2 cases on Nordstroms that caught my eye – the stars with rabbits or the constellations. I may have to buy one of them.

Jimmianne, good deal you may have company on your trip and stay to France. That will be a fun and memorable 8 weeks for you.

Callie, did you get a new phone case? I am considering one.

Sharon, what the 400 Blackberry a smart phone? I had a phone I called my Pinkberry. It was a pink Blackberry.

Scandi, gorgeous photo and I love the low clouds and bright blue sky. Pretty!

CJ, darn that the nearby Pho place is too salty. Marty likes that place in Denver. That’s good news your eye doesn’t hurt anymore; progress. Yes, the note in Killer’s mouth was for Marty. He threw it away and said he didn’t believe it. He said I forced him to write the note since it said something nice about me.

Not much going on here today but I was productive. I slept in until 8 am, have been working on laundry, got the April newsletter done and posted, went to the bank (and safely navigated through the narrow drive-up lane without causing any wheel damage) and made homemade soup.

Marty’s competition went well. All 3 areas (deadlifts, squats and press) had a personal high so I am sure he is excited.

Off to decide which phone case to buy. We are such NIRDI’s – a bunch of us buying iPhone cases from Nordstroms.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG those glitter cat cases are awesome.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iPhone 3, 5c, and 6S - more silicone than in the playboy mansion!

IMG_2885.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori, that is an awesome looking case. I was just looking at constellation cases on Amazon.

Pinto Bean, those cases are adorable.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

Missy, love the pics of the family dogs and cat. It's amazing how animals stay so close to our hearts, even after many years. I still miss my childhood pets after all these years - Taffy the dog and Puma the cat lol. Puma was so sweet, very affectionate and good natured. Sorry you haven't had any luck finding a dress so far, I find dress shopping very challenging, especially when it's a formal affair. I had to buy a dress for the wedding and actually found several at Macy's that I liked. I couldn't decide so I ended up buying 3 lol - I ended up wearing the dressiest one to the wedding but the other 2 are fairly casual so I'll get some use out of them.

Scandi, I love all of your insipration pics - I especially like the second pic in your first post (chairs and fireplace). The kitchen is gorgeous. I really like the 4th pic for the tv area. You have excellent taste and anything you choose is going to look great. Gorgeous pic of the snow and trees!

Callie, there is still some family drama surrounding the estate unfortunately but I'm plugging through it and it will be resolved eventually. I'm so glad you get to see your grand niece often, she is at a really cute and fun age. Hopefully the baby will be going home by the end of this week, but I guess the doctor wants to make sure he's ready so it depends on how he's doing. He seems to be doing well though.

CJ, omigosh, I am so sorry about your eye! Eye issues are just terrible and can take a while to clear up, and I'm glad to read you seem to be at least turning a corner and it's feeling better. I actually have listened to Joel Onstiein's (sp) sermons and even though I'm not particularly religious I have found him to be insightful and comforting. We do sound pretty similar, Don't we? Yes, I try not to be too mopey around my family, although there are times when I have to be honest and let people know I'm feeling a little down but that it will pass. I notice my son worries about me if I seem unhappy. I have read where smiling/laughing can actually change your brain chemistry and help with mild depression. Who knows, but I do find that watching funny videos lifts my spirits sometimes ha.

Marcy, sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather, I hope you feel better soon. My husband's division was sold a few years ago, after 30+ years with the same company, so I get how you're feeling. But as other nirdis have pointed out, the new owners usually need people to run the business and that was the case with my dh as well. So hang in there, I know it's worrisome but things will work out ok. I think you should go with a red phone, it will match the interior of your car haha!

Jimmianne, it's great you're going to have some company in France! Thank goodness for adventurous people lol. I hope your other friend joins in the fun. Forgot to tell you - I love your avatar! Gorgeous ring :love:

Sharon, lol to your husband not being too happy about the phone change! I can relate, I am resistant to change too, it's hard to venture out of our comfort zone sometimes. Even worse when you're forced into it, like your dh :knockout: But after a while I usually have to begrudgingly admit that the change was a good idea. I hope he adapts fairly quickly to his new phone.

Monarch, your case is so pretty! My daughter has loved all things sparkly since she was 2 years old (she's 28 now lol) and she will love this, I'm going to get it for her for her birthday.

Tacori, that is a pretty case!

Pintobean, love the hello kitty cases, so cute!

I"m back in SC this weekend, dh and DS ran in a race yesterday - but it's a quick trip, got here Friday and heading home today (Sunday). It's weird, I feel like I've been here longer lol - but that's a good thing! DS was able to run the whole way so he was pretty happy about that, and dh and DS enjoyed doing it together. My sister is coming to NJ at the end of next week to see her new grandchild so I'll be getting together with her and the baby. I was going to visit him sooner but I somehow managed to come down with a cold so I have to wait.

That's about it, I know I've missed some things so sorry about that - have a great day everyone!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't get a new phone case as I have an iPhone 5. I know, I know I really need to get a new phone. My current case is bright orange on the sides and leopard print in the back and the reason I bought it is because it's very easy to spot in a black purse with a black make up bag and a black wallet. They had many black iPhone cases at the store and I. wanted the phone to stand out when in my bag.

I want a pretty case when I get a new phone. I love the one Monnie attached the link for,

Tacori, You are a sophisticated woman!!!

Sharon, I can relate to your husband not wanting to give up his blackerry. When I was working I didn't want to give mine up either. I got an iPhone 6 years ago and after a couple days was thrilled I made the change. Hopefully your husband will feel the same way.

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

June, I am glad you have good memories of your pets. I can understand why since they bring us so much comfort and joy.
I hate to hear you have some family drama going on with the estate. Hang in there.
I find funny videos or shows can cheer me up.
Thank you for the reassurance about Marty’s job. He keeps asking me where I want to move.
Good point the red phone would match the interior of my car.
Sounds like you had a nice time in SC. That is awesome about your DH and DS running in a race together.
I hope you get over your cold soon. My stomach is better today. Thank you.

Callie, I liked my iPhone 5. It was the perfect size to hold in my tiny hands to talk on the phone. I wanted the 6 (and then 7) for a larger screen but they are a bit too big to hold in my hand. Your case sounds fabulous. I definitely want a case that is easy to find.

I didn’t get a new phone case either. I did look at constellations, teddy bears and Snoopy cases but I like the case I have and most importantly it won’t shoot out of my hand like a bar of soap so I think I’ll quit while I’m ahead.

Marty got home about 3 today. I’d started a roast in the crock pot but he ended up meeting some friends at the golf club so I ate about 5:30 when everything was done.

The last episode of Big Little Lies is on tonight but I know Marty would give me grief for watching a soap opera so I am recording it. If he goes down to the man cave that sucker is getting turned on though. I want to see who got murdered.

I went to the grocery store this morning with a list containing 8 items; obviously, I was bored since I came home with 8 bags of things.

We had a lovely rain shower this afternoon. Yeah for it being warm enough not to be snow.

I found a great article on Space.com to use for our next astronomy meeting. It has 25 weird things in the solar system – with pictures and descriptions. I copied all the pictures in to Power point, printed out all the descriptions and I’m good to go. I like easy programs.

Have a great week.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Monday!

Callie and CJ, thank you.

CJ glad your eye is getting better. How is it today? Things can look so much worse in the eye than other parts of the body and sometimes it is scary but you were smart to get a doctor to check it out and treat you ASAP. That is the best way to handle eye issues because some conditions can get out of control quickly and you don't want to mess around with a preseptal cellulitis.

What did you end up doing this weekend? Anything fun? Thanks for the bang thoughts. Sadly my face is no longer as full (and to think I hated it when I had that youthful fullness to it lol). The thing about bangs is once you cut them it takes so many years to grow them out. I am not exaggerating when I say it took me well over 5 years to really grow them out completely. But I did the side swept thing for a long while and I liked that so it wasn't all bad.

Junie, glad you enjoyed another weekend at your beach house. You are going more than I am haha. I am waiting for a bit warmer though I have to say I was stupid stupid stupid yesterday. First sunny day in a while and I went out just walking around the neighborhood with Greg and WHAM a few hours later I have a sunburn on my face. I cannot believe how stupid I was because I burn so easily and yet I forgot since we haven't had any really sunny days and I didn't think to put sunblock on my face. Can you believe it???? Arghhh mad at myself. And what is so weird is it didn't show up for a few hours but then again I wasn't looking at my face when we got home until it was time to go to bed so maybe it showed up before that. IDK.

I am sorry you are dealing with some family and estate stress Junie and I hope everything gets resolved to your satisfaction. While I don't have human kids I realize they are always your babies no matter how old and you will always be concerned for their welfare. I am confident you and your dh gave them the foundation they need to be successful and happy in life but we al know life is full of trauma and stress and sometimes things just happen and I am sending good thoughts and lots of hugs your way.

Yay to your DS and DH for running a good race and woohoo to completing it!

And yes I am with you. I miss all my fur babies who are gone and all of them left too soon but I am grateful I got to share what time they had with them. Love them so much.

I have had no luck re finding a dress yet. And after yesterdays sunburn incident I almost don't care. It put things in perspective for me when I remembered what I went through (and still occasionally do) re my skin conditions and yanno somehow the dress shopping went to the bottom of the list. Haha how is that for perspective?

Hope your cold is all gone this morning. Have a marvelous visit with your sister this week and gently hug the new baby for me please!

Marcy how are you feeling? I hope your stomach issues are gone and you had a good night's sleep. Cool you found a great program for your next astronomy meeting. That sounds so interesting. Your homemade soup sounds delicious. Wish I could pop over and enjoy some with you and keep you company if you aren't feeling well. So glad Marty's competition went well. Yay for no snow!
My hands are huge so the larger the phone the better. I love my 6S plus but could go bigger haha.

All this talk of phone cases are making me want to get another. I love my phone case and it was sort of pricey (for what I normally spend on a phone case).
http://www.padandquill.com/bella-fino-for-iphone-6s-6-plus.html

best_iphone_6s_plus_case_1.jpg

The exterior is brown and the interior is blue and my iPhone is platinum but you never see the color of the iPhone with the case. I love this case because it holds my cash and my cards including my driver's license so I never have to take a wallet. And it protects my iPhone too. Worth every penny.

Monnie, Pinto and Tacori, love all the cases you shared here. Fun and sophisticated! Well except for Pinto's choice but I love it still cause it is fun!:lol: Monnie, love that waterfall case...so cool. Tacori, I enjoy Kate Spade accessories too.

Jimmianne yay I am glad you are inviting friends who are excited to come and visit you in France. That is a nice long trip you are planning. I know you are going to have the best time and I am excited for you.:appl:

The weekend went so fast and it is Monday already. Not sure but I might go out dress shopping. Depends on how my face is feeling. I hope my stupidity :oops:at least helps you girls and serves as a good reminder to everyone please wear sunscreen. I know most people aren't as sensitive as I am to the sun but still a good reminder it does damage even when not hot out.

Enjoy the day everyone!:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK so I just tried on 2 gowns I have that I could *potentially* wear to this gala event we have but I don't love either one of them. The black gown is from 2005 and I never wore it LOL. I got it to wear to my sister's wedding where I was the matron of honor but it wasn't flattering because I was skinnier and it just hung on me at that time but now of course it fits lol.:| But at least I have options, It is super dusty with cat hair all over it and Greg has to hem both of them but sharing my 2 options here to see what the consensus of the NIRDIs are.

Second gown I got this past October to wear at Greg's colleagues wedding but we never went and it never got worn. I don't love it because I have gained a few lbs and it doesn't fit smoothly around my tummy area though yes it definitely still fits and isn't tight but it doesn't look as good as when I first got it when I was a few lbs lighter..

I have never wore any kind of control undergarment (though if it is uncomfortable I won't wear the control garment) but I suppose that is an option? As I don't plan on losing weight. No thanks. Not torturing myself just to fit into a dress. I know I am worth more than my weight thank you very much. And I know we all know that but it always bears repeating because let's face it. As women we beat ourselves up about our weight and appearance and it is not healthy to do so. I appreciate you looking and giving me your opinions. Most comfie dress is the 2005 black dress but I know it is not as flattering but that is why it is so comfortable. It is not form fitting and I prefer clothing not touching me but just flowing over me if you kwim.

OK onto the many pics I just took.

First up black dress from 2005.

blacktiedressfrom2005.jpeg

blacktiedresssideview.jpg

blackdresssideview.jpeg

OK next dress is the one I bought in October 2016 but never wore. Less comfie more form fitting but not tight. But not as flattering as when I first got it.

sideviewbeadedblackdress.jpg

frontviewdetailsgown.jpg

frontdetailsofgown.jpeg

FullSizeRender-30.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I just cannot get the hang of posting pics in the new format. Way too large. Is there any way to make them smaller without making it a requirement to hit another link?

Sorry for the huge pics. I will be wearing a shrug with any sleeveless dress option by the way but just had a shrug on with the first dress when I tried them both on this morning but plan on wearing one no matter the dress.

The kind of dress I'd love to find and wear? A dress that is a shade of blue vs black and one that is an A line ball gown. I'd love a full skirt like my wedding dress silhouette. Universally flattering IMO and also ethereal. Dreamy and softens up a formal gala with all the serious tuxedos and black dresses.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results