shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, that dog is the cutest, OMG please tell your sister! She must miss her (or him?) so much! Looks like a total sweetie!! Any changes re work?

Missy, Talking about sweeties - you with that hair! You actually look really good with bangs! Probably only one I know how does, LOL. But so true!!

Marcy, that Easter egg is totally acceptable! Please send me instead of cookies :) And no chewing on bears! That is just not nice... LOL. Perhaps Marty can advertise and do some seminars to get people started? Weekend "free-sample" classes or something? That is what people do here.

Callie, you really made me laugh! That whole "put on weight - nothing fits - my world is ending" is so me! Oh - maybe just my world that ends - you only worry, LOL. My bad... But not to worry! Nothing a bit of shopping can't fix. Except when I feel like that I'm not able to find anything I like to buy either... LOL-OLOLOLOLOL (echo..) So back to stretch jeans in black, they can fix almost any day together with a nice cashmere. Cash-mere - get it? Here, "mere" means more, so "more cash"... :)

Jimmianne, so excited for your upcoming French holiday :)

June, how was the wedding???

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Rushing, so I'll be back later, but just wanted to say hi, and that, Missy, now I want bangs (or, as they call them here, 'fringe')!

I'm having a software nightmare, with a program having completely decimated something I finished just a little later than I wanted to, and am now having to try to get back on track. Sigh.

And I think I need to stay off the political threads for a while, as I'm getting close to the edge... Could be time for ignore.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jaaron, oh now - good luck!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your sis's dog has the sweetest expression on his face. What a lovely boy. And his Auntie Missy looks great too, good hand with the blow dryer and product, hahahaha!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, love the pics of your house in progress. Those are some high celings. They are church-like!! :saint: Are you going to use an interior designer? From what I've seen, you are good on your own making choices and color schemes. Designers are handy because they can get the very best items in every category that are "exclusively for the trade." In theory, the designer pays for themself through the discounts they get you on those items. I'd love to use a designer for my next house (probably in about 6-7 years when DH can retire and we can get out of Arizona). I understand all the concepts to decorating, I'm just not good at it. I'm not a patient shopper either. :doh:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, speaking of interior design, SLEDGEHAMMER R US! Heehee, is there an obscure French law that you would be violating if you went at that common wall with the church??? Your place in the US is beautiful, I know you will make the most of your maison in France.

Who takes care of the critters when you're in France, did that young couple work out for this? That sounded like the best possible scenario.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I'm really behind to I'll just jump in…

Missy, thanks for the link to the veggies. I love your leopard pants and boots! The brooch is so pretty, but of course I love your live leopard the best lol. So sweet. Great pic of you and your sister's dog…my gosh, except for your hair you look exactly the same, you haven't aged a bit!

My nephew and his wife had a baby boy, he is so cute! He is about 6 weeks early so he'll have to stay in the hospital for a few weeks. He's doing well, but did have to be put on a feeding tube because he wasn't eating. A slight setback, but temporary. In fact, my nephew just told me they changed the nipple he uses and he's drinking on his own now, so things are looking up. I haven't had a chance to see him yet in person but my nephew has been sending me pictures. I plan on visiting them sometime next week.

CJ, I feel grouchy too sometimes and I have to force myself to be a little more upbeat around people because I don't want to be unpleasant to be around; I notice that after a while my spirits lift and I snap out of my funk. Formal social situations where I don't know anyone are very difficult for me. I don't crave social interaction either but I do think it's healthy so I need to work on not isolating myself so much. I love your leopard print accessories! Here's an example of a sweater I found, though this is called a cheetah print but I guess it's close ha. And I'll bet your denim jacket looks great on you.
View attachment 491833
So sorry about the eye infection, I hope it clears up for you soon.

Jaaron, thanks for the Kefir recommendation, I'll give it a try. LOVE the two rings you are getting! :love: I adore cluster rings. I really want a ring with a green stone someday so I am really attracted to the emerald cluster. Please keep us posted and let us know what you think of them! I agree with you on social interaction becoming easier the more you do it. I've noticed this with my husband; after many years of business dinners, meetings, interactions etc his social skills have greatly improved and he is so much more confident and at ease in these situations now.

Your leopard shoes are great!

I am so upset about the London attack and continue to keep everyone involved in my thoughts. Such a terrible tragedy and my heart goes out to all of those affected.

Marcy, I'm sorry your employees continue to be so hard to manage. It must be so frustrating and it sounds like you're doing all you can. Wow, that's an impressive amount of money you had saved in the jar. Lol to the pink rabbit and Marty's reaction to it! Love the pic of everyone lined up. I'm glad Marty arrived with no issues and I hope the week goes by quickly for you.

So sorry to hear that Marty's company might be sold, hopefully it won't happen. And once word spreads about Marty's classes he'll get more clients. Maybe he can advertise a little. Try your best not to worry too much, I'm sure things will work out ok. I hope you were able to put your worries on the back burner and had a nice time with your friend.

Pintobean, hi and I agree with you about Callie - She is stunning and a beautiful person inside and out! So glad you guys had a chance to meet. :appl:

Jimmianne, unfortunately I have trouble getting out of bed these days no matter what the weather lol. I'm so glad you have a trip to France to look forward to. And how great that your friends will be able to go with you in September to help. Removing the concrete looks like quite a job but I would think an electric chisel would get the job done. Please be careful though if you do end up trying it. Thanks for posting the videos, very inspiring indeed! Those women put me to shame haha.:cheeky:

Sharon, love your leopard contribution, perfect!

Callie, I'm so glad you were able to attend the GTG and had such a good time, sounds like a lot of fun. And I have met you girlfriend, so I know your description of yourself is extremely inaccurate! You are gorgeous and I mean that!

Scandi, I'm glad you furbaby did well on the training terrain, that's great!

The wedding was really lovely - it was an outdoor wedding and luckily the weather cooperated - it was mild and even though it was supposed to be cloudy the sun came out. The food was excellent and the table settings and decor were very pretty; everything was very tastefully done but had a fun and casual feel, if that makes sense. There was a deejay and dancing and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Here's a pic of the table -
IMG_6590.jpg

Guess I'll say bye for now, have a great day everyone!

eta - Jaaron, just read about your issues, good luck and I hope you can resolve things!
eta again - I seem to be having trouble posting pics, sorry!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, re Marty's division. Whoever buys it is going to need people to work it, right? Try not to worry too much.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie, what pretty tables for the wedding. Charming.

Re grouchy, we're not getting grouchy, we just don't blame ourselves for so much stuff anymore, right???

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sharon, things warming up there in the Great North??? 8-) I am grateful for your posts in some of the idiotic threads in Hangout these days.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi jaaron! Good luck with the fringe!!! :D I've come here for many hair emergencies :lol: I now cut my own hair just out of sheer desperation. Apparently I cannot get a decent haircut in Arizona. I got great haircuts in Juneau, Alaska; San Francisco, CA; and also in London when I was there on vacation and just decided I could not lose in a city where I saw so many great haircuts!!! :pray:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, Interesting question! Interior designer, I mean. I have thought about it, but have not found one that I like. And also, whilst I kind of hate the stress, I love the hunt :) So I'll probably do most of it myself. The ones available here are a bit too Scandinavian - and as a good NIRDI, I need a bit of bling :mrgreen:. What I do is look for pictures of rooms / colour schemes that I like. And try to find inspiration in those, because they are available from a more "international" point of view :lol: Re items that are not really available - I'm currently going head-to-head with one of the larger marble importers right now, because I want access to the very best white marble from the quarry in Carrara. LOL. We shall see. I think it will be OK, this is a small country so he will probably give in and send me what I want :cheeky: (I want black and white marble for the hallway for a chess pattern floor, in a honed/sanded finish that we have tested and found OK-not-slippery-when-wet). (Oh and I know. Most of you prefer wood flooring. The main portion of the house will be oak flooring.)

Can I show you girls some inspiration pictures? Please let me know if there is anything you like :)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little bit of inspiration for the living room - or - more correctly - for chairs in front of the fireplace :) slettvoll easy.jpg Slettvoll.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking this will be a good colour for the kitchen :) As you might remember, my grandmother had a light blue kitchen in this house when I was a child, so I would love to honour that tradition :halo:

light-blue-french-country-kitchen-design.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the TV, I really want a sofa that "flows" with the room and space (:cheeky::lol::doh:)
Sofa mezzo2.jpg Sofa Mezzo3.jpg Sofa.jpg Sofa2.jpg Sofa3.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry... Will probably get worse... LOL

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pictures Scandi. I'm in love with the kitchen picture! Please please keep posting the pictures of rooms you love. I so look forward to them and I'm pretty sure I am not the only one who feel this way. You have excellent taste.

I LOL at the clothes comment. I sick about having 6 closets filled with nothing that fits. I need to get off my fat butt and exercise. I tend to purchase clothes more often when I weigh less.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie, So happy to hear all is going well with the new baby. Hopefully he will be able to come home soon. The wedding picture is lovely. I'm sure it felt great to get away for a few days. Are things getting better with the estate or is there still more family drama then you care to deal with? I so hope this is getting easier for you. Family drama stress is so exhausting. I can't wait for the weather to get better and I can get outside and work in the garden. I'm looking forward to spending time with my grandniece this summer. I have her at least once a week and she is so much fun. Her little facial expressions are priceless. I wish I could keep her 2 1/2 forever.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, love the pics. I get House Beautiful and I buy interior design books in an effort to identify what I like and how to get that 'look' or effect. Those sofas, several of those look like Roche Bobois, are they? I like everything you posted, I particularly like the kitchen. For the living area/fireplace area, how will you spring/summer that up? Accent pieces/colors? I love the idea of the white and black marble in the entryway, beautiful. If your fab furbaby uses the entryway you can always put down a rug or runner for her when its just you guys at home.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
scandi - I love EVERY SINGLE room you posted. All very much my style in both color and feel. I tend to like the rooms that feel a little cozier more than the ones that feel colder even though I like the way they look.

And I think you would look fabulous with tight black jeans and leopard accessories. Somehow I get the feeling you could pull anything off.

june - I'm so glad to hear you had a nice time at the wedding. And yes I'm with you I force myself too. And I am actively working on not looking or feeling grouchy. I notice that it has a positive effect on DH. I can see there are times where he expects me to not smile or to be smiling and when I do I see him almost like a little surprised and he seems to relax and he smiles back. This was surprising to me because I don't think I realized that it may have been affecting him. Sometimes I do it out of habit and almost to be funny but having him smile back was so nice that's motivating me even more. Especially with him. If I find the sermon from that preacher guy do you want me to post it - I think you'll find it interesting (you and I sound very much alike!)

And so glad the baby seems to be making progress! :pray: so glad to hear.

Pinto! :wavey: so nice to see you. Thank you for your stye tales and advice. Isn't the grain of sand feeling maddening? I'm glad to hear you got them under control with missy's help.

And we are ALL glad missy in our lives. We all adore her.

As far as fillers, yes, they're tricky - how much fat you naturally have in your face, etc., all plays a role.

Speaking about that it really bugged me when my dermatologist said that I "need" to get the nasolabial folds done. I love this dermatologist - she's so kind - but it really bothers me when any doctor tells me I need something of a cosmetic nature. I understand she said it partly because I had already done them with her before so she doesn't think she's in any way insulting me. But still...it stings. And I REALLY hate when plastic surgeons do the same thing - I remember when we went for a consult for DH about something - and the plastic surgeon at some point during the appointment threw in there about how women's faces start to fall. I could tell he saw $$$$$ in me. I hated it. And for a person like me it's much more effective if you compliment me rather than try to insult me and try to make me feel bad about myself.

And please interrupt and come by any time.

marcy I think you meant to say leopard and not leather. ::)Were you doing voice dictation.

I think you can be hard to work for and still be very kind. What sometimes happens I think is that when we are kind in "real life" we have to be even harder at work because we fear if we're not people might take advantage of us. I know that was the case for me when at one time I was managing people.

Sorry to hear marty doesn't have any clients yet - I think Kristie mentioned advertising - but yeah, there are so many free things he can do. A Facebook page, Instagram, things like that.

I ordered a couple of chambray shirts those might be more my style than a denim jacket. We'll see.

kristie I love your perspective on the grouchy thing. :mrgreen:

callie I am sure you look lovely. I've never been called glamorous so that sounds like such an awesome compliment.

hi missy how are you doing. I have the compresses you had recommended many months ago. But I like the new ones you pointed to because you can do just one eye at a time. I like the idea of being able to still watch TV while doing the compresses. :razz: I am much more apt to do them that way.

Guys my eye got so bad - black and blue - plus the swelling started to migrate into my face - that I had to go to the Dr. I went to the urgent care. He put me on antibiotics and gave me an ointment. Today my eye still looks terrible - red, swollen, the area around my face puffy, pus, tearing, itchy. But it FEELS better. It's starting to feel like my eye again. So I think I'm headed in the right direction. Just in case I still made an appointment with an eye doctor for Friday - if it doesn't get significantly better I will go and see him. He said it's probably blepharitis (explains the itchy eyelids for sure.)

Or do you guys think maybe I should go anyway? Even if just to confirm the diagnosis. I don't want to waste time or money, but maybe would be smart to just go.

Anyway I think that's it for now.

hi jimmyanne!
hi rainwood!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, I'm sorry about your eye. That sounds scary and painful. I would definitely keep the doctors appointment, I would much rather error in the side of caution. You can't be too careful with your eyes. I'm interested in hearing what MIssy says.

I understand what you mean about the comments the dermatologist makes. I doctor had been seeing about 8 years ago really pushed the fillers and Botox. I had Botox with this doctor one time and was certain I would never have it again. They put way too much in my face. People at work would stop me in the hall and ask what I was upset about. I looked that bad. Never went back to him and it was a few years before I even tried it again. I am coming to the realization that there is only so much you can do. Fillers make me nervous. I've done the creases between my nose and mouth (the same area you have done). I would love to add some under my eyes but was told I may not get the results I was hoping for because I have very little fat in my face. They also explained the outcome could look bad and after I saw how my doctors nurse looked I really made me rethink it and decided against it. I can't even imagine how much work a plastic surgeon would say I need. YIkes! They would have a field day with me.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Sharon, mm red wine.

Missy, sorry you had a tiring day. I am curious enough to finish the series but I doubt I’d read the book. Sounds like I guessed right about Jerry (is that his name)? He is such a jerk.
You look fabulous with bangs and your sister’s cute dog. Very cool.

Scandi, I think I’d take fresh baked cookies over that Easter egg but if I could sell it that would be another thing.
Good ideas for Marty. I think he is planning on posting some flyers around town and will have some more free sessions.
All of those rooms look fabulous. I am sure no matter what you decide; your home will be gorgeous.

Jaaron, oh no to software problems. Did you lose everything on your project?

Kristie, I think having a designer design your house is a fabulous idea. Marty has the creative eye; I have to see things to know what I like.
I am trying not to stress and worry about Marty’s job but it’s sure in the back of my mind. I’m a worrier. I work on it though.

June, I hate to hear the baby will have to stay in the hospital and be put on a feeding tube. Sending him get bigger and stronger soon so he can go home with mom and dad. I am right there with you on social interactions and forcing myself to go out and enjoy myself. The last few years I’ve been less likely to want to go anywhere.
I have already started filling up the Coke bottle again.
Marty works for a huge company; it sounds like they want to sell his division and focus on other things. I am trying not to worry but it’s tough.
I hope Marty gets some clients soon. So far his sister and his golf buddy are doing great and are going to post some testimonials with before / after pictures on his page.
I am glad to hear the wedding was nice and the weather cooperated. Marty was in a wedding for one of his good friends. The wedding was in the bride’s parent’s back yard and their flowers were all destroyed by hail the weekend before the wedding. A bunch of us went down and helped them plant flowers the day before the wedding. Luckily the weather cooperated on their wedding day.

Callie, you will be working in your garden soon. I know you will enjoy watching your niece every week. I enjoy my nieces as adults but I sure miss the delight they brought to me as little ones. Some of my favorite memories of them.

CJ, I hate to hear your eye continues to be so bad. It sounds like it is making progress though. Get better soon. PS dust coming your way.
I am sorry your dermatologist and a plastic surgeon said something so insensitive to you. I think they get so wrapped up their day to day practice they don’t always think of their bedside manners.
LOL – leather. Stupid typos.
I have told my employees if you do your job you’ll have no problems with me. I try to be reasonable, polite, fair and supportive but I always seem to have that strong negative thread running through the team. Today they actually kicked butt! We had to get the first 3 days of April done and we all got through it. I don’t know how pretty it will be but it got done.

I slept in this morning since my cleaning lady was coming. I pulled and printed all my reports from home while I was waiting for her to show up.

I worked about 30 minutes late today and stopped at a fast food to eat supper. A friend of mine was in line with her baby and toddler so I sat with them. She was glad I showed up because the toddler kept running back and forth between our table and the kids room so she was able to leave me with the baby. It was nice to catch up with her. Her little girl finally decided to talk to me before we all left.

Take care.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, love the pics. I get House Beautiful and I buy interior design books in an effort to identify what I like and how to get that 'look' or effect. Those sofas, several of those look like Roche Bobois, are they? I like everything you posted, I particularly like the kitchen. For the living area/fireplace area, how will you spring/summer that up? Accent pieces/colors? I love the idea of the white and black marble in the entryway, beautiful. If your fab furbaby uses the entryway you can always put down a rug or runner for her when its just you guys at home.

Alas, no. The sofas are from Scandinavian brands. The "mezzo" versions are from Danish "Boconcept" and the chairs by the fireplace are from Norwegian "Slettvoll". Both really good quality producers, but a bit expensive, almost so bad we might as well do it propperly, LOL:

5-roche-bobois-gray-wood-floors.jpg

9-mahjong-silk-screen-pillow.jpg

Roche_Bobois-Gaultier_Mah_Jong_mod_sofa.preview.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, so I finally concentrated and wrote a long post - then promptly lost it.
:-o:-o:-o

So discouraging. I will just say :wavey:and get some more coffee!
and then find & hire a ghost writer.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Forgive me for not doing a super long inclusive post this morning as I only slept about 3 hours last night (active brain that wouldn't shut off) but I will attempt a coherent and responsive post as best I can.
And thank all of you for the puppy and bang love. That was Jesse and he was the sweetest dog ever. Truly an amazing animal. My sister says he was her soul mate. Breaks my heart he is gone. He had too short a time on this earth. White boxers don't live too long and he died when he was about 8 or 9.

Scandi, I like all of your home photos. I love the stone fireplace and the color schemes in the photos. I love that look. It sort of reminds me of our stone fireplace at the beach house but ours is gas and I miss our real wood fireplace in Sea Girt. The heat and the smell cannot be reproduced with a gas fireplace though the ease of gas sort of beats everything.

stonefireplace.jpg

I love a minimalist look and so I always vote for more open spaces and less furniture. With vintage pieces, wide open wood floor, minimal area rugs and not much furniture. That is what I prefer.

5-roche-bobois-gray-wood-floors.jpg

Marcy, I forgot to mention how sorry I am about a potential shake up at Marty's job and I am hoping things work out and keeping good thoughts for you both. I don't know what happens with the mini series as that has not yet been revealed. I thought you knew so maybe we still will be surprised. I am glad you had a nice evening with your girlfriend and her toddler.

Jaaron, I hope your software mess got fixed. It's scary when computers start giving us trouble because (for me) it is the single most important piece of technology I think I enjoy these days. Hope it all got sorted out. And yes please think twice about engaging the "MEAN" girls of PS. We all know who they are and who their ringleader is. She is the queen of mean and I am rarely wrong when I get a sense of who someone is and let's face it. We have seen who she is because time and again she has shown us. I have friends who are Trump supporters who are lovely people OK so this has nothing to do with who she supports and everything to do with her just being nasty. IMO. Putting her on IGNORE was a happy and peaceful move. However I see she is still aggravating my friends and that is upsetting to me.

Glad you liked my fringe. We called bangs fringe here only when they are not as blunt and straight across as mine were. Fringe means a more piecey thinned out bang vs just the regular bangs.

Junie, Yay on the baby boy and I am glad he is holding his own and hopefully can go home soon! He was in a rush to get to this world wasn't he? The wedding looked lovely and thank you for sharing a photo. I am glad you had a lovely time at your beach house!

Kristie, how did your music gig go?

CJ please keep your eye appointment no question OK? It sounds like you may have had a preseptal cellulitis but with just your description I cannot be sure. But it was more than just a garden variety stye. Blepharitis is something even more basic and common and doesn't necessarily lead to styes and/or chalazions and is due to bacterial overload at the lids/lashes and that is why I always recommend gently cleansing your lids/lashes before bed. To prevent any issues with clogging of the lid glands. However you had something more than that from your description. Did he put you on oral antibiotics? Please keep us posted.

Wow that is nervy of your dermatologist and that would piss me off to unless I specifically asked what he/she thought I needed to have done. I am so not a fan of any cosmetic procedures for just a.risk (so many things can go wrong IMO) and b.it often ends up just looking artificial and wrong. BUT I promise I am NOT judging anyone for any cosmetic procedures. It is not easy being a woman getting older (I am one and so I know this firsthand) and I empathize. It is a good thing I am a scaredy cat so it is an easy decision for me. Meooow.

And thank you for the
lovely words honey. I feel the same about you. (((Hugs))).

Sorry if I missed anyone and sorry about the weird print. This new format sometimes changes the print on me as I am typing and I know I am doing something inadvertently that is causing it to happen but I don't know what it is.

Callie, LOL and that is not true. The plastic surgeon would have nothing to do on you. You are perfect as is!!! As are all my NIRDI girls. Love you all and you are all beautiful on the inside and outside and you will always be beautiful where it counts. And that truly is the most important quality in life IMO. To be kind, empathetic, loving and just a nice person. I don't know why some people view being nice as a dirty word but it rocks in my book. And all of you girls have it in spades. XOXO :halo:.

Enjoy the day and will check in later. I think I am sort of light at work today so will be home early.:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne! I am sorry you lost a post. That thought crossed my mind when I hit send cause I am too tired to recreate my post this morning. Ugh sorry! (((HUGS))). Coffee will make it better. Coffee makes everything better. Like Lorelai on Gilmore Girls likes to say (and I like to repeat hahaha) coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee....
coffee.jpg

Scandi I cannot find a better photo than this but maybe you can sort of tell...doesn't our fireplace look similar to the one you posted above?

beachlivingroom.jpg beachhuselivingroomfireplace.jpeg

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning everyone-

Another post on the fly as am on my iPad while having a seriously overdue pedicure and am not anywhere near being capable enough to do a catch up read and reply under those circumstances.

Scandi- just a word of warning, if you get the mah jong sofa and any of you are tall, you have to get the higher version, which adds to the price accordingly. Signed, someone who learned that lesson the hard way.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those Roche Bobois sofas, they also make sofas that aren't right on the floor, but OTH those are Roche Bobois icons :lol-2: If I sat on one of those, to get out/off I'd have to roll onto the floor, then have DH give me a hand-up! :lol: Not the most gracious position but funny.

Regarding grouchiness and my esteemed NIRDI sistahs--Maggie says anyone who describes us as grouchy is rude and can Talk to The Paw:

20170329_091637 (1).jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to pick "thumbnail" for the pic, I'm sorry!!!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy thanks for putting the word I was looking for (that you didn't know I was looking for) minimalist. I like that too. And I think you can have both a minimalist but warm/inviting look.

And I don't know how it escaped me to say anything about the doggie and of course your bangs.

I don't know who the mean girl is but I do have one person on ignore and ever since I hit it things feel much better. I am such a sponge for other people's energy and reading certain posts would affect me negatively even though I didn't engage. There is one other person potentially on my ignore list. I feel like some people just want to always present the other side of whatever anyone says. And while that can be helpful at times - and of course everyone is entitled to their opinion - it can get annoying when it's constant. I understand perhaps for that person they feel so out of whack in the group they feel the need to speak up each and every time - but it still does get tiring.

OK I will definitely keep my eye appointment. I was going to keep it just on you just saying I should, but I just looked up preseptal cellulitis and the pictures I found are EXACTLY what my eyelid looked like (although it didn't close as much as the little kid's probably because I intercepted by going to urgent care - but it was headed that way.) PLUS a bunch of styes and more swollen and black and blue by the tear duct. And I've been sneezing and feeling like I have a very mild cold. I'm not sure if it's related or just coincidence. But yeah, I'm definitely keeping it. Thank you missy (and callie.)

028_ro0216_urgent-2.jpg

preseptal_cellulitis_high.jpg

He did put me on antibiotics - Azithromycin 250 mg and erythromycin ointment 4 x/day.

Yeah I think what bugged me most is that she used the word NEED. I don't NEED to do anything. I hated the filler procedure enough to not want to do it again. I think I went in expecting it to be easy like Botox and it wasn't. So maybe I'm kind of done with it too.

Thanks for all the lovely words you said about the NIRDIs.

How are things with your job?

marcy remember that sometimes no matter how kind and fair you are people will find reason to complain. I find that in general people like to commiserate - it becomes a habit. And the symptoms may be beyond YOU, you know? If they're just not happy with the Company, or their pay, or whatever, they will likely take it out on you in some way shape or form because they don't WANT to do their job. Anyway this is all speculation and who knows, maybe you ARE a little difficult to please - but you're in a managerial position, and in some ways you're supposed to be hard to please. ETA marcy reading back on this I hope it doesn't come off wrong! I hope you know what I mean. What I'm trying to say is that what your employees are doing can be caused by a multitude and combination of things. And managing people is HARD. Anyway, sending you hugs.

Yeah it was definitely insensitive of her to say that. We have enough things to worry about as we get older without people trying to rub it in our faces. The nice thing is we NIRDIs accept each other and like each other as we are.

Figures the little girl ignores you until she's about to leave.

callie I remember feeling so self conscious in the room when the plastic surgeon was looking at my DH. I could tell he was sizing me up. He did give me one compliment - something about my posture and how I carry myself - which was nice - but then proceeded in a roundabout way to talk falling faces on women. I think he tried to use my carrying myself a certain way to link how I would want the rest of me to look that way too.

My eye is feeling a little better today (although still looks pretty bad.) But yes I am keeping the appointment. Thank you. :) I'm also going to send a note to the urgent care doctor who saw me to thank him for the regiment he put me on because it did work (he stepped out of the room to do some research and he offered me reasons for the medication he put me on which I really appreciated), and for the foresight to ask me to make the appointment in case it didn't get better. He told me worse comes to worse you go and it's a waste of your time and money because he just confirms what I told you. But don't mess with your eyes. I don't know I felt like he went above and beyond. Maybe it's because they're not used to dealing with eyes or whatever - but it doesn't matter. I felt like he was careful with what he did and recommended.

I hope you get to enjoy your niece a lot. :)

OK i had this post open and have worked on it llttle by little here and there and I am SURE as I hit send there will be other updates I have missed!

But that's it's for now girls. just wanted to say hi.

ETA: Hi Maggie! :wavey: I think you have the right idea! how are you kristie.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results