shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, CJ, I just spent some time on Consumer Labs website. I cannot cut and paste from there because they encourage membership rather than members giving 'freebies' to friends that way. I love CL, I recommend it to everyone. CL is an independent lab which reviews medications, drugs, supplements that they contain what they say they do, and DON"T contain contaminants and/or toxins. They also give information for correct dosage, etc etc.

Anyhoo, CJ, for constipation-predominant IBS, here are the probiotic supplements from the Approved List:

Align.
Activia (but you'd have to eat 2 cups {Cups, not containers} per day to realize benefit).
Dr Mercola Complete Probiotics
Essential Formulas Dr. Ohira's Probiotics
*Garden of Life Primal Defense Ultra* {I asterisked this one because I take it AND any probiotic formula or any supplement, for that matter, by Garden of Life is excellent}
GNC Ultra 25 Probiotic Complex
GNC Ultra 50 Probiotic Complex
Nature's Bounty Ultra Strength Probiotic 10
The Vitamin Shoppe Ultimate 10 Probiotic.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay, the probiotic I take is on the list!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

CJ, I’m a home body too but I do enjoy myself when I do actually go somewhere. Thanks for keeping my secrets. The rabbits and bears have their own Facebook page so they don’t mind having their pictures posted online. I agree with way more knowledgeable Kristie – if the peppermint pills are helping I would keep taking them. Speaking of peppermint, I just had a Russell Stover’s dark chocolate peppermint patty. Mmm..

Scandi, that is the nice thing about being busy the days go by really fast but sometimes we just want to slow down, huh? Thanks. I am enjoying my pendant.

Missy, I hope work goes well for you; I can understand why you dread going to work. I might have to use my teddy bear as my avatar. The one I had posted is my first bear and my favorite. Ssh don’t tell the other teddies they will be jealous.

Jimmianne, thanks for the recommendations for stomach issues. My in-laws drink vinegar. I can’t say I’d try that. I am with you on not going under the needles; I did chuckle at using poorly lit mirrors but you certainly don’t need to do that! Thank you for the kind words about my pendant. I am happy with it. I’d love to hear about your day; any time and I can imagine you on your mower and having a big old smile on your face. The Big Bling club sounds like a good idea. I just heard “Go big or go home” on the TV.

Kristie, thank you. I am glad I went with the setting I did; I think the solitaire wouldn’t have “fit” me as well.

Hi Rainwood.

I guess my boss told one of my problem employees to shut up yesterday after she kept interrupting him and he told the other one to quit complaining. They didn't talk to him the rest of the day. Of course, 2 of them are barely talking to me. Our new company sent out one of those work surveys and my boss got the results today. 6 of the 12 of us filled it out and they complained about lack of empathy, empowerment and something else. I told my boss I was really worn out of dealing with my children.

My rings showed up today and at first I thought my rose gold pink sapphire band looked funny - it seemed like the sapphires and diamonds were a bit more smashed in that before. One of the store managers called me and asked if I got my rings okay and if they looked okay. I told him my band looked different and told him I'd send a picture tonight of before and after. After I looked at it when I got home from the side I realized they had to reshape the band to size it down so that is why the ones on the end look a bit more smashed in now. I called that manager and told him what I was seeing and it was fine. I now get why it took them so long to size it. If they'd only called me on Saturday and explained it to me they wouldn't have felt it necessary to refund about $400 to me. Oh well. The ring I had made with the sapphire my sister gave me looks nice. The stone is definitely dark and looks better is low lighting; you see the flashes of teal out of it then.

Snow is coming back tomorrow night. Phooey.

Take care.
Marcy
A picture of my new ring and my original teddy bear eating "rabbit stew"

IMG_3365.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rabbit Stew

bearsoup.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy that stew looks mighty good.:lol:
I am sorry about the resizing of your ring going wrong but I hope you can still enjoy wearing it.
And Boo to your poorly behaved employees. You cannot make this stuff up and sometimes I feel like I am watching an episode of The Office when I read about your experiences at work.

Speaking of work it's not working for me so I am leaning towards saying goodbye. I called the Medical Director yesterday but he never called me back and while I am seeing him in person today it would have been courteous for him to return my call yanno? Of course my message included me sounding a bit frustrated LOL so I guess he didn't want to deal with it. But shame on them. Their promises have not panned out and since they obviously don't value my expertise or loyalty I see more clearly what I have to do. I am disappointed.

Other than that yesterday was a good day because I adore my patients and I am pretty sure most of them adore me. And it was sweet waking up later to go into work later. I like that very much. So there is a bright side to the changes.

Today I will see how it goes because I am hoping to talk to him in person but I am much less hopeful. If they keep making promises that turn out to be lies then at some point it will be shame on me (instead of them) for staying. You know that adage right? "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" :/

Not going into more details here for obvious reasons. But I will miss feeling useful and all that jazz for sure.

OK enough about me. Marcy thank goodness you are still here sharing your day with us because if not then it would just be blabbering on and on about the boring details of my day which are soon to get even more boring!:shifty:::):|

Junie thinking of you and hoping your trip went smoothly and you are relaxing on the beach somewhere or at least enjoying being away!

Hi there Rainwood. How is the nation's capitol? I love it there and it has been a long time since I visited. Greg has a one day conference to go to in May in DC and I was contemplating joining him and making it a weekend but we have nobody to watch the kitties for the weekend. Pathetic I know because we have the only kitties who cannot be left alone for more than 12 hours and even that is stretching it. LOL. Hope you are enjoying despite who is President.

Hey to everyone else. Hope all is well.:wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_9369.jpg IMG_9363.jpg I thought you all would enjoy seeing my "new" ring - I found it while cleaning the attic - it was in a box of my grandmother's jewelry, it's a sterling and paste ring from the past.

Missy, if you leave your job, you can not only sleep in and maybe even sleep better, but the kitties would love having you home. I had to laugh when you said that you have the only cats that cannot be left alone for more than 12 hours. Spoken as a true cat lover.

Am I the only one having a bit of a problem with the new format? I am thinking the only way now to respond to posts relevantly is to take notes while reading the NIRDIs turnings. I could never keep track of everything anyway! and now...hmmm.....am I wrong? is there a way to access posts while writing a reply? help!

love to all
Happy Spring!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne. Love the paste ring and photos. :love: Glamorous.
Lol glad you enjoyed my kitty thoughts.
Love your IG page!

Jimmianne as you post if you want to see previous posts just go above the post you are writing and there they will be. Hope that makes sense. And if that fails (because I cannot figure out how to see posts on another page) I just open another pricescope tab and read what I forgot and then reply in the other open ps tab. Lol.

Well I spoke too soon and the medical director did get back to me yesterday after I turned my phone off. It was after 930 pm last night and he apologized for not getting back sooner as his day wa hectic. I just texted him back with some strong thoughts so I might not be in control of my own fate at work right now lol. I have so much adrenaline going though me right this minute. I read it to greg before I hit send and he said to send it so I'm at peace with whatever transpires. I was just honest with my thoughts in the text. I am so disappointed. 16 plus years there. And my heart is a little broken. :blackeye:

Ok I am so sorry for going on and on about this. My heart is so heavy and sharing helps lighten it a bit. I love and appreciate all of you here and not just because you are here for me but because I genuinely care about and adore all of you. Thank you. (((Hugs))).

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
And good morning Missy :) I'm really sorry about your workplace - or lack there of.. I think you deserve so much better, and that some things are just more important than money... ! We adore you too honey! Promise!

Jimmianne, I do what Missy suggested; two open tabs at once and just switch between them. Or as I do now - make the best of my terrible memory... LOL

Marcy, glad you have a favourite bear to keep you safe from those rabbits!! They do not look safe.. How is Marty doing and how is the gym coming along?

My days are not much to write about. Work work work - real work + house + children LOL. Oh - went to see Beauty and the beast yesterday. Fantastic movie! And I love Emma, had no idea she could sing like that! Recommend the movie if you are a bit romantic and childish like me :) :)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, it does sounds as though you are coming to a resolution. It's understandable that you feel grief.
[[[hugs]]] to you!

edit: Scandi & Missy, thanks for the tip!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, I'm sorry I am just now answering your question. I have never heard of putting Botox around marionette lines. I remember hearing Botox was not generally used in that area as it could affect how your smile looks. I wish I could remember where I heard this as I have no idea if it's true. I would think fillers would be used for that area instead (again not sure if this is also true). I don't want to give you misinformation. If you would like, I can ask my doctor the next time I am there. I am also going see what I can find out on google for you. Well this was a pretty worthless post on my part. Sorry CJ!!

ETA. I did a quick search and from what I could find It appears fillers are used in this area. And after looking in the mirror I think I also may need this!!!

Callie, thank you!

Yes, normally it's fillers, but I have read that Botox can sometimes help too. And of course, only and always in experienced hands. Even though all these things are a little risky no matter what.

I actually have an appointment with my dermatologist today - who also does my 11s - and ask her what she thinks about Botox there. I'll report back. :)

But yes I am starting to get these weird indentations by the sides of my chin - so not so much at the sides of my lips where you would normally think of - but a little bit further down.

Argggh. haha

Ok, CJ, I just spent some time on Consumer Labs website. I cannot cut and paste from there because they encourage membership rather than members giving 'freebies' to friends that way. I love CL, I recommend it to everyone. CL is an independent lab which reviews medications, drugs, supplements that they contain what they say they do, and DON"T contain contaminants and/or toxins. They also give information for correct dosage, etc etc.

Anyhoo, CJ, for constipation-predominant IBS, here are the probiotic supplements from the Approved List:

Align.
Activia (but you'd have to eat 2 cups {Cups, not containers} per day to realize benefit).
Dr Mercola Complete Probiotics
Essential Formulas Dr. Ohira's Probiotics
*Garden of Life Primal Defense Ultra* {I asterisked this one because I take it AND any probiotic formula or any supplement, for that matter, by Garden of Life is excellent}
GNC Ultra 25 Probiotic Complex
GNC Ultra 50 Probiotic Complex
Nature's Bounty Ultra Strength Probiotic 10
The Vitamin Shoppe Ultimate 10 Probiotic.

You're awesome Kristie thank you so much.

I think I'll continue on the peppermint pills twice a day (although sometimes I only remember to take them once) but will look to add one of these to my arsenal.

I'll be back soon to catch up more just wanted to make sure I didn't forget to reply to these two things.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I only have a few minutes but wanted to send you good thoughts today. I hope today goes smoothly for you. If that doesn't happen at least it makes your choices more clear. Sometimes that is worth a great deal. If you know exactly what you are going to be dealing with decisions are not nearly as difficult to make. Good luck today.

CJ, I can't wait to hear what you find out today. I wish I had more helpful information for you.

Sorry I have to run. I hope everyone is doing well today!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll be back later but I hope things go ok for you today at work Missy, I am sorry to read things don't seem to be going that great right now. I know it is a distressing time for you, and I'm sending thoughts of peace and comfort. Change is always hard but I'm sure that if you do decide to leave work you'll find ways to stay busy and feel fulfilled. And don't forget you have me to hang out with lol!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I know it is a tough decision to leave your patients but I hate for you to be unhappy working there. Big hugs to you as you decide whether to wrap up this chapter of your life. Yes, you could sleep in and the kitties will love having you home.
I was highly amused when I made rabbit stew for my teddy bear. The pink dye made the broth look perfect too.
I have never watched the TV series The Office; sounds like I need to catch some episodes. That girl is so passive-aggressive. About 10 pm last night I found her shift report; she’d sent it to my boss and his boss and attached a photo of the task board in our office to “show” what work had been done yesterday. She didn’t come in until after lunch today; it was so nice.
Your days are never boring; I like hearing about them. Now my daily life; that is boring.
My ring is fine but it looks a little bit different. It sure fits me better.

Jimmianne, love your grandmother’s ring. The basket is gorgeous. I am indifferent to the new format. I notice you can’t click on a person’s name and see all their topics. I do that to find their rings sometimes. I usually open Word and go back and forth to respond to threads.

Scandi, my bears are never safe from those mean rabbits. I should buy all of my bears some chocolate Easter bunnies and bite all of their ears off. Ha! Marty is doing well. He is excited; he is doing a session Saturday afternoon on squats. I think 5 people have signed up to come. He is headed to California on Sunday. Thank you for asking. Thank you for the recommendation for Beauty and Beast. I’ll be sure and catch it on PPV. Your days are always busy; I like to hear about them.

CJ, I hope your appointment went well.

Hi Callie and June!

One more day till the weekend. Hopefully I won’t spend most of my weekend working.

My vacation hours are back to normal; I only have 133 hours plus 24 hours from unused sick leave. I can’t be on vacation from now until June. Rats.

I met a friend for lunch then picked up some cookies to take back to work. They didn’t have my favorite flavor though; I love their oatmeal scotchies. She said they haven’t been able to get butterscotch chips for over a month. I suggested she change suppliers. Some things are just more important than other things.

It’s windy as crud here (I know SHOCKING!) We are expecting snow again tonight. Boo.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone -

Missy, thanks for the recommendation of the fermented veggies - I have to ask though, how do they taste? :)) Sounds like a good idea though and I'm up for giving them a try.

Kristie, sorry about all the frustration with getting the house painted, it's very annoying to have to waste time and energy on a mistake like that. I hear you on the sapphire band. Saving for a large purchase can be daunting and it's hard to give up all sparklies in the meantime. I guess it makes sense to save for your dream ring but I know it's tough.

Marcy, your pendant looks beautiful on you! :love: Love it. Your sister's coworkers rings are really pretty too. Sounds like your sister's birthday was fun. I'm really sorry your employees are so challenging. I can't believe some of them won't talk to you! Really childish. Oh well, let them be that way, you are only doing your job and if they are that unhappy they always have the option of leaving. I love the setting you chose for your sapphire! Wow it looks great. I'm glad the band looks fine to you. Lol to rabbit stew! It's great Marty is doing well, I'm sending him luck for a great class. Oh no to snow, that really stinks and I hope you don't get too much. I agree with you, I don't see a way to read peoples' topics, which came in handy sometimes.

CJ, I'm glad the peppermint pills are helping you; I'm with Kristie, as long as they're working I don't see any reason to stop. I will start looking around for a leopard sweater! We will both look fabulous in our leopard print accessories lol. Ugh, I guess I'm sounding like such a grouch not wanting to go to this wedding. It's just going to be such a long day lol. And it's a co-worker of dh's and no other coworkers were invited so I'm not going to know anyone. Hello chit-chat with complete strangers haha.

Jimmianne, thanks for the ginger and tea suggestions, they sound yummy lol. I do the same thing as Missy, I open 2 tabs. I love your new found treasure! Wow, that is a gorgeous setting and the ring looks so pretty on you. Such a beautiful vintage piece.

Scandi, you sound as busy as ever and I hope you make sure you give yourself a break once in a while! A friend of mine wants to see Beauty and the Beast. My kids were young when the Disney cartoon came out and we watched it over, and over, and over lol. It's a wonderful story and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

My nephew's wife went into labor today and should have the baby sometime tonight - everything seems to be going ok but the baby is coming a bit early so hopefully there will be no complications. If you guys could spare some good thoughts/dust/prayers, I would sure appreciate it!

Love to all!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending lots of dust your nephew, his wife's and the new baby's way!
How exciting having a new baby in the family.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
June sending lots of PS dust to your nephews wife.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning again :)
The house is coming along - fine and finally :) This is the "attic livingroom" as we say here, lol.

Missy, how was your yesterday?? I have been thinking of you and tried to send you good thoughts, but... that does not always help.

Jimmianne, I LOVE your "new" ring :) Very beautiful!! Is there a story behind it?

Marcy, hope today is "free cookies" day at your work place - you deserve that! Truly! Those children of yours are a lot more childish than mine and my youngest is 5... LOL

June, tons of good luck and dust - how are mother and child?

Callie, hello! Hope you are well!

Jaaron, thinking of you and all others in London. How are you? And did you get those chandeliers?

We are going towards yet another mountain area today to check out a new training terrain for furbaby :) Fingers crossed as we have payed for a 5 year lease...

Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs!!!
Nothing new to report on my end. You know who avoided me all day despite my asking to see him sometime yesterday so now that is that. I had to stay late because I am not compromising my examinations and we will see what happens i.e. the repercussions. Nothing more I can do. Out of my hands. :/

I hope everyone is faring well.

Jimmianne, thank you for your love and support! How is everything by you?

Callie, thank you sweetie too. So exciting your upcoming weekend! Wish we could all be there with you!

Junie, I hear you and feel you and get it. I don't know if you remember we didn't go to the wedding of one of Greg's colleagues in December despite having bought a new black tie dress for it. I just didn't have the desire or energy. Now I wonder if I should have forced myself to go. We have another black tie event coming up in May that we simply cannot skip so I will be sucking it up then. But I am with you and feel your pain but I think you will ultimately enjoy yourself! At least I hope so and sending you good vibes for enjoying the wedding! And I hope you are having a nice time at your beach house too.

Fermented veggies-I have grown to rather like the taste actually believe it or not. I enjoy it! Do you like pickles? It is not unlike that taste but not exactly. Greg has never tasted the fermented veggies however because I cannot get him to try them because he hates the smell. I don't mind the smell so all I can say it is worth trying and honestly I am super sensitive to things and the smell doesn't bother me and I like the taste. Maybe it was an acquired taste (can't remember since i have been taking it for a few years now) but it was worth the effort. Really good for your health and as I said before my gastroenterologist is not a fan of probiotics but is a fan of fermented veggies.

And big bucket loads of good luck dust on your niece's labor and delivery and wishing for a happy healthy robust baby!!!!

Marcy, you need to watch "The Office" please! You will love it I promise. I think our sense of humor is similar and it is hysterical. And will absolutely comfort you with your situation at work I think. Thank you for all your good wishes. I feel I am doing/did all I could do and now whatever happens happens.

Scandi, just gorgeous! Love the new digs as they take form. Really beautiful and yay for finally realizing the accomplishments! And thank you for all your good wishes and support and yes your good thoughts always make me feel better!

I hope everyone has a great day and (((Hugs))).:wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Missy, I'm glad you understand my feelings about attending social events! Thank you for the support! I will be ok once I'm there and things are underway. It's not helping that I have a slight cold - I'm fine, I just don't have much energy and feel a little run-down.

I actually do like pickles a lot! Thanks for the info, I'll give the veggies a try.

Sorry to hear things at work don't seem to be going too well - I guess all you can do is wait it out for a bit and see how things go. Hang in there, things will be ok no matter what happens. (((Hugs)))

Scandi, your living room is amazing! SO beautiful, how exciting to see it progressing. Good luck checking out the new training terrain, I hope it works out well for your furbaby.

Thank you all for the good wishes for my nephew and his wife! She had the baby early this morning and both mother and baby are doing well. I'm excited about having a little one in the family, now I can buy toys again lol.

We're having a nice couple of days at the beach, weather is pretty good and dh is getting a chance to relax a little. Work has been crazy for him lately.

Have a great day everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
june - congratulations! :appl:

And are you seriously going to look for a leopard cardigan? I really hope you do that would be so much fun. :appl:If you think seeing my shoes and belt would inspire you let me know and I'll post them. :rodent:

You know the other day I had the TV on in the background and there was a sermon going on and normally I would change the channel. But this guy was such a great speaker and he was talking about being grouchy. And him making a decision to not turn into a grouchy old man. How he wants people to want to around him as much when he gets old. And of course one of my ears was glued to this sermon because I *know* I'm grouchy. And I'm only in my late 40s and I know it's only going to get worse unless I do something about it. That sermon has been on my mind ever since that day - so much so that I attempted to find it again so I could watch the whole thing but I can't find it. I don't know the guy's name and can't remember what channel it was. Maybe one of you would know who he is (if you're even reading this far into the paragraph :lol:) - he was fairly young I think maybe 30s or 40s.

My point being - my grouchy meter is not that great because to me it is perfectly normal to NOT want to go anywhere where social interaction with more than one or two people - MAYBE three - is required. :lol: That's the default setting. :lol:

But I do see that there IS a benefit to having some social interaction and definitely once in a while you will totally have a wonderful time.

So if you go I do hope you have a really nice time whatever that means to you. :))

OK I ended up writing way more than I intended so I'll have to come back later to say anything else!

Thinking of you all especially anyone going through any stressful times.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick update for Callie -

My dermatologist suggested fillers AND Botox for whatever is going on at the bottom half of my face.

But then she started talking about doing a little bit of filler in my cheeks, some in the folds, some by lips (on the lip perimeter) etc. which would QUICKLY add up to more than one syringe. That's a lot of $ for me right now and in general I don't know it bothers me to spend the $ on fillers. Where when I need to do the laser or Botox it doesn't bother me in the same way. It hurts my pocketbook of course and I go back and forth as to whether I should wait etc. but it doesn't bother me in the same way. So I don't know I think I'll just have to ignore it. We'll see.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, Thank you for the update. If you decide to do fillers please ask your doctor if he can show you before and after pictures of work he/she has done. Fillers make me nervous. I've seen far too many Real Housewives shows.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK for Junie and CJ here is my leopard contribution for the day. LOL. Keep in mind I normally dress much more business like for work but hey sometimes I mix it up and work *is* casual so I am always dressed above and beyond but I like to so that's why I do. But this was one of my dress down days last year. :)
I hope this pic isn't going to be huge. OMG it's huge. I still cannot navigate the new system properly.:oops: leopardleggings.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, is it Joel Osteen you are talking about re motivational speaker? And I am right with you re the smaller the group the better and sometimes I think I was born wanting to say hey you kids get off my lawn. :oops::lol:
FWIW I don't think there is anything wrong with feeling the way we feel. Social interaction of one on one or a couple to a couple is healthy and good for us too. Meaning we can reap the rewards of social connections even in small groups IMO. You don't have to love parties or gatherings to be healthy and sound. My thoughts anyway.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Hi NIRDIs

It feels like it's been ages since I've had a chance to really catch up on this thread. I just had some nasty dental work done this afternoon, so am home having an exciting Friday night. Being an idiot (or an optimistic pessimist, I suppose), I scheduled a meeting right after the dentist, so had to pretend everything was fine and the completely numb swollen face didn't bother me at all. By the time I got home, I was desperate for an advil and a rest. We were supposed to go to a formal dinner for someone we know who just received a very well-deserved honour, and I just wasn't up to it. I felt bad dropping out, so have sent my husband off without me and am planning to eschew the pain meds in favour of tea spiked with honey and a little whiskey while I cuddle with the dogs and catch up on TV. Aside from Big Little Lies, does anyone have any recs? I'm going to go back and find the one Scandi suggested-- Miss someone investigates? I keep hearing about all this great tv and then can never remember any of the suggestions when I actually have time.

Ok, heading back two pages to catch up.

Scandi- I'm sorry about your friend. I hope she's improving. How nice that everyone's pitching in. The house picture is amazing - it looks like it's really getting there. I haven't dealt with the rest of the lighting yet- every time I see the architect's name pop up in my inbox or my phone, my stomach sinks because I know I'm being delinquent. I have to get on top of it by mid-week this week. Did you get yours ordered?

Marcy- Your necklace is gorgeous! Worth the (vicarious) wait! I hope you enjoy wearing it on your three months of vacation. :lol: It looks great on you. And I love that bezelled sapphire. I don't think I've ever had a co-worker as nice as your sister, but sorry your work is getting you down. I think your new ring is fantastic. Love the setting- it's classic but different at the same time. And, oh my god - now I'm craving peeps. We can't get them here (I sometimes make people bring them when they come over-- those and Mallomars). And your daily life is not boring. It's filled with awful co-workers, bling, killer rabbits, bears that drive, and weather phenomena to make your hair stand on end. How could that be boring? And The Office is great, although really went downhill the last few seasons.

Azstonie - Nice bling shots and nice avatar, she's gorgeous-- I've known about four Wastes named Maggie. Do you think they get named that more than other breeds? It always seems to suit them perfectly... Sorry about the painters. At least you were around and didn't come home from a week away to find it finished. The film over the windows sounds slightly too much like the press pool at Mar-a-lago...

Rainwood - Your avatar is so gorgeous. Hope you flashed the bird at 1600 Penn.

Lovedogs - I love your avatar too, and what it represents. Inquiring minds want to know where your tattoo is?? The Pheonix is a very popular name for pubs here in the UK, and I always wonder what it's supposed to represent in that case.

Junie - Have you tried drinking Kefir at all? I've found that combined with the probiotics, it's made a huge difference for me. And oddly, while I don't love plain yoghurt, I've come to really like the taste of kefir. And I second Missy's rec for fermented vegetables. Glad the shower went well - the morning sickness is hyperemesis gravidarum - I had it two out of three times and it's truly miserable. Sending good thoughts to the new arrival and family--really glad to hear all is well there. Sorry the estate stuff is still complicated and dragging on. I hope you enjoy the wedding and get a break from things.

Hi Jimianne- Glad your daughter had a nice birthday, and I'd be very excited to see an antique asscher pop up on here. Is candied ginger good for stomach issues? I'm using that as my excuse now, as I love it and eat it just because. I love your paste ring. I have a friend who collects Georgian past jewellery, and she says it's gotten very popular and really gone up in price in recent years.

Callie - I think I need fillers there, too--or everything, everywhere, actually--but I'm too much of a chicken.

CJ - Hi! I'm sorry if you lost a kitty recently. Losing pets is so hard. As to leopard - this is mine, and I love them, with the caveat that they work best if the rest of the outfit is completely classic and plain -- jeans or black pants, black sweater or white shirt, diamond studs, watch, wedding and E-rings.
leopard.pdf.png

And as to going out vs. staying in. I like my alone time, but at the same time, I'm a pretty social person and have always been able to make conversation with anyone about anything. I can sit next to the most awkward person alive at a dinner party and end up having a great time. But I do not like going into big, informal groups where I don't know anyone, and I used to have to do it a lot for work. I always marvel at how seamlessly some people seem to manage that situation, just joining conversations or meeting people without seeming awkward at all. But when we moved to the UK and I had to build a social life from the ground up, I told myself that I would make a point of accepting every invitation that came my way, no matter how much I didn't want to go. I did have to force myself for a while (and spent a lot of time feeling gauche and out of place), but it did eventually get much easier.

Missy - I'm sorry the work situation has gotten worse instead of better. Sometimes you really do have to speak your mind regardless of the consequences, though, so it sounds like you did the right thing. I completely understand how hard it must feel if that many years are going to end on such a sour note. Hopefully they won't. And if they do, you have such a big heart and it sounds like very transferrable skills. I would imagine dozens of organisations would be falling over themselves to have you either as an employee or as a volunteer. I love those leggings!

Can I ask everyone to please keep London and everyone who lost someone in their thoughts this week? Some hard times ahead, I think. In the thread about it on here, I posted a piece written by Brendan Cox about the attack - his wife, Jo, was an MP who was murdered by a British nationalist (the UK version of alt-right) last year, and he absolutely exemplifies grace and tolerance--something I think we can all use right now. It's worth a quick read.

And onto happier topics - inspired by PS I've ordered two antique cluster rings, so hopefully will like one.

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 20.54.21.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 20.57.42.png

Apologies if I missed anyone - have a great weekend.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, is it Joel Osteen you are talking about re motivational speaker? And I am right with you re the smaller the group the better and sometimes I think I was born wanting to say hey you kids get off my lawn. :oops::lol:
FWIW I don't think there is anything wrong with feeling the way we feel. Social interaction of one on one or a couple to a couple is healthy and good for us too. Meaning we can reap the rewards of social connections even in small groups IMO. You don't have to love parties or gatherings to be healthy and sound. My thoughts anyway.

ETA missy, yes, that's him! I just looked him up! Thank you so much I'm going to try to find that sermon! I really do want to be less grouchy. And by grouchy I don't mean not wanting to see people. I'm fine with that. It's the way I express it. I get grouchy about it.

missy you're so awesome for indulging me with your leopard photo! Thank you ((hugs))

(jaaron you too I'll have to respond better later)

Well, let me rephrase...

Way more often than not I ALSO don't feel like seeing anybody, even one on one. I have one local friend - and I adore her - I really do - I see her maybe once every couple of months. Now when we see each other it's usually a 3 or 4 hour marathon conversation. It's awesome. Sometimes we see each other a little more, sometimes less, we've gone several months without seeing each other. So even with her, even if one on one, there's only so much visiting or hanging out I want to do. I am a true loner at heart.

But I do get your point - that social interaction is just as valid as a bigger (as in more people) one.

I think seeing people more often might be healthier (that's what studies say anyway) even though I do not crave it at all.

I did not work today and have spent so much time here I hardly got any of the things I needed to get done! :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

June, congratulations on the new baby. I love shopping for baby clothes and then the soon to follow toys.
Thank you for the kind words about my pendant. I am very happy with it. My sister’s co-workers are quite happy with their rings.
I wish my childish employees would leave; I’d rather do their work than put up with their crap. I need to be stricter but it’s just not me. My boss agreed pretty readily I am too lenient.
I didn’t want to spend a lot of the setting for the sapphire my sister gave me because I just bought my pendant and I didn’t know if I’d wear the ring very often. I like its simplicity though and it’s different than anything else I own.
My pink sapphire band is one of my favorite rings and I am glad it fits me better now.
Our snow didn’t amount to much – just covered the roofs and grass with a touch of white but the streets and sidewalks were just wet.
I hope you have a nice time at the wedding. I am not very outgoing in a group of strangers, get me around people I know and give me 2 glasses of wine and I won’t shut up.
I hope you feel better and enjoy the weekend at the beach.

Scandi, your place is looking great. I love your windows.
I am sure your 5-year-old is more mature and responsible than some of my employees. I just don’t get how anyone can approach their job with such indifference.
I hope the new mountain area is fabulous for training your furbaby.

Missy, nice the medical director avoided you. I guess they didn’t want to hear what you had to say. Good way to approach this – what will happen will happen.
You probably couldn’t get me to try fermented veggies. I do like pickles though. One of my employees was bringing in some chips she made out of kale and they absolutely reeked. Someone finally said something and she said “really?” We all chimed in – yes they stink. She hadn’t even noticed it.
I will have to find some episodes of the Office to watch.
Love your leopard pants.

CJ, people often think I’m grouchy since my normal “face” looks like I’m frowning. I don’t enjoying going out in crowds or to parties; I will try and get out of them as much as possible. That guy sounds like he was offering some great words of wisdom.

Callie and CJ, I worry about fillers and Botox because you see some holiday stars who don’t come out the other side as pretty as they looked before. Of course some of them look fabulous.

Jaaron, sorry to hear about your dental work and then having to attend a meeting. I hope you feel better soon. Good idea to stay home tonight and take it easy.
Thank you for the nice words about my pendant. I am very happy with it.
I wish I had a co-worker who save my sapphire jewelry; I am sure my sister is a hit at work.
My co-workers are not boring. When I taught at the community college I only had to deal with someone’s crappy attitude for 16 weeks; I’m not that lucky at my full-time job.
They did correct my vacation time – darn I planned on being lazy for a few months.
No peeps there? What were they thinking? When my husband used to go to his company’s office in Southampton they always wanted him to bring peanut butter M&M’s.
That’s great you have the art of conversation with someone you don’t know. As one who doesn’t easily engage in conversations with people I don’t know, I always appreciate setting by someone like you when we go out.
I will definitely go read that article. My heart goes out to everyone in the UK especially those touched by that horrible attack.
I love the 2 rings you ordered. Great color on the emerald.

I am so glad it’s Friday night. Hopefully I won’t have to dial in and work all weekend.

Marty went down to his gym before I got home today so I got dishes done right away and am watching Miss Congeniality. Chick flick night.

Tomorrow is Marty’s squat class and then he flies to California on Sunday. I’ll have to cook my own supper next week but at least I won’t have to scrub bacon and oil splatter off the stove every day.

Remember I mentioned our Coke bottle piggy bank? No? I thought you hung on my every word. Ha Ha. Anyway, Marty took it in and we had $660.72 in it. I started filling it up again.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our piggy bank - ETA - sorry the picture is so big

IMG_3200.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results