shape
carat
color
clarity

Not-of-this-Earth specialty-cut grudge match! (I.e. show me your LGD specialty cuts.)

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
@lovedogs I know you have mixed feelings about Ouros but he has some nice low colors at nice low prices. (They are lower than I-J.) I have one and found it to be a bargain. It is in my avatar and looks lovely in rose gold.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs -How about this one? Not as crisp as your inspiration pics, but still pretty. It's described as a natural .90 carat center diamond. A bit risky since the seller does not accept returns but perhaps the return policy as well as the price can be negotiated. Definitely need better pics from the seller as well.

s-l1600 (2).jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Anybody try the Vrai custom cutting option with the different shapes?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Also, lots of "Pentagon Step Cuts" on Ritani if you search Emerald Cuts with a L/W ratio greater than 1.57.
primary.jpg

How would you set this? Like for a men's ring? Bezeled all the way around? Hmmmmmm...

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Here's mine - 1.32ct I VS1 Elongated AVC from Jonathan at Distinctive Gem

IMG-4189.jpg IMG-4286.jpg Fullscreen capture 11292021 31535 PM.jpg Fullscreen capture 11292021 31547 PM.jpg

Did you get an ASET? He hasn't posted ASETS on these. It sure faces up very white IRL! Would love to see an ASET image.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
ROUND CORNERED RECTANGULAR MODIFIED BRILLIANT ...sorry, I wasn't yelling, that was IGI. Aka, Scissorcut or Crisscut type of cut.

crisscross 1.JPG

IMG-2580 (002).JPG

They have some of these on Adiamor.com. Thx for posting to see it on someone's hand. They look like flowing water. So unique!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
How’s do you find these??? If I WANTED to search for these types of ‘abnormal’ lab diamonds, how would I?
Here is how to ADVANCE search for an old cut diamond IN CUSHIONS. Put in depth 70 [some of Rhino's are cut very deep] and a small table like 57. I only put in the size of the carat I would like. And I don't put in "color"...as any color is fine with me. Then just keep scrolling till you see one.

[I doubt you can find an OEC or and antique pear].

My holy grail, an antique pear with specific chunky faceting. LoveAffairDiamonds used to sell those. And I'm sure Rhino can custom cut you one. www.distinctivegem.com Or ask www.jewelsbygrace.com if she can get you one. Or David at JewelsByLauren. He has an old pear cut by Yoram already in a ring. Price was $17k but has gone up.

I did find an earth mined old cut MOVAL on USAcerteddiamonds.com. I just searched for diamonds with CULETS but I spent hours until I found it...1.18 G VS1, and it faces up like a 1.5c. 10mm x 6mm. I was also looking for a specific 8 mains star cut pattern. The ASET is phenomenal, I was shocked. They used to have OEC and OMB's in their search tool, but I just checked and I could not find the search tool they used to post on their website. Marvin Sheffield was great to work with.

I have also searched by just putting in [small, med, large] CULET. But I have only seen CULETS on LGD's in the "advanced search" options on Ritani. Culets just say antique diamond to me and I love them! My moval only has a tiny culet.

There are several old cuts now on Adiamor.
These all have tables smaller than 57 but a small table is key to an old cut.

I just bought a 3c elongated cushion today on Adiamor. It's an H VVS2 for $2k. The cert. said March 2021 so it's been around for a while. The table is only 50.5%! crown 17.5. But those high crowns are why they call them "cushions" because they look like a pillow with the high crown. Most people don't know what they are...and so they just pass over them.

THIS ONE is square and a really nice OMB!
2c old mine cushion F vs1 [I think it was $3k]
https://www.adiamor.com/Lab-Diamond...lent-Cut-Cushion-Diamond/D53726738?rfr=search

3c elongated old mine cushion F vs1 $3800
https://www.adiamor.com/Lab-Diamond...lent-Cut-Cushion-Diamond/D54356807?rfr=search

2.81 elongated. cushion. D vs1. $5600 [not so good]. Interesting they charge $2 more for a D color over an F!
https://www.adiamor.com/Lab-Diamonds/2.81-ct-D-VS1-Good-Cut-Cushion-Diamond/D54005199?rfr=search

They also have several of those scissor cut elongated cushions.

They also had some 7+c old cuts. if you have $20k

I want to collect them ALL! Hope this helps.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results