shape
carat
color
clarity

Not-of-this-Earth specialty-cut grudge match! (I.e. show me your LGD specialty cuts.)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
It reminds me of this cut:

8.7 carats with that dome?
Sheesh...that could light up central park!

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
It reminds me of this cut:

Oh my gosh that is so cool!! It does remind me a lot of that. Super puffy crown! I have an OEC blue zircon but this is substantially more puffy

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Reagarding Specialty Cuts - this is regarding Old Cuts

I haven't gone through this thread so apologize if this is a repeat question. Who sells the most authentic looking old cuts in LGD? Or is it better to buy an LGD and have Southwest cutters recut it?

I want large and high color, don’t care as much about clarity. I also am looking for lower end price.

Can someone point me to any threads and discussions where this has been done? I recall a PSer did this with Southwest cutters with a nature grown diamond a couple years ago.

Does anyone know how Parks Fine search or custom cut for old cut LGD works?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What shape do you want? I loooooove window shopping for unusual stuff

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Reagarding Specialty Cuts - this is regarding Old Cuts

I haven't gone through this thread so apologize if this is a repeat question. Who sells the most authentic looking old cuts in LGD? Or is it better to buy an LGD and have Southwest cutters recut it?

I want large and high color, don’t care as much about clarity. I also am looking for lower end price.

Can someone point me to any threads and discussions where this has been done? I recall a PSer did this with Southwest cutters with a nature grown diamond a couple years ago.

Does anyone know how Parks Fine search or custom cut for old cut LGD works?

Thanks for your question. I don’t know about authentic because most old cuts are “wonderfully wonky.” Ironically, you may want to search for and/or inquire about LGD old cuts with less than excellent symmetry. If you also want low-color, you may have to search a little harder. Ouros has low color options, which means the rough must be available.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This would be fun to get as a solitaire.

IMG_0386.jpeg

I love the E-W idea. I’m trying to find a photo of David Chang’s wife’s engagement ring, which I recall was E-W in a simple white metal setting (I saw it briefly on her hand on one of his Travel/Food shows). This is another cool setting I’ve found, the jeweler does nice designs, imo.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And this one reminds me of the diamond lovedogs posted recently. I think it is beautiful!
1704898345433.png

Definitely does! Is it super tall from the side, or more like a Portuguese cut?

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I
Wtf is happening there!? Ugh I literally want to order every weird stone so I can video their IRL performance and return the duds.

Likewise - I have a feeling a lot of them will be really neat, but not necessarily mathematically or objectively great performers. I've seen zircon cut with that starburst effect - showing a lot of dispersion in the crown but otherwise kinda blah looking. The cut would probably look better in a diamond due to the single refraction. The Portuguese cut in a diamond honestly might not be very exciting. It's designed to retain color in a stone from what I understand - they don't tend to bring out much brightness or dispersion in my experience.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I

Likewise - I have a feeling a lot of them will be really neat, but not necessarily mathematically or objectively great performers. I've seen zircon cut with that starburst effect - showing a lot of dispersion in the crown but otherwise kinda blah looking. The cut would probably look better in a diamond due to the single refraction. The Portuguese cut in a diamond honestly might not be very exciting. It's designed to retain color in a stone from what I understand - they don't tend to bring out much brightness or dispersion in my experience.

Yeah I think Portuguese won't look nice in a diamond, but the super tall crowns likely would be neat.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Yes for the top one with cut corners. I needed it for a particular design but would not have gotten it otherwise.

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
Yes for the top one with cut corners. I needed it for a particular design but would not have gotten it otherwise.

Your ring is beautiful! Thank you for the extra info as I'm not sure what kind of design I would want, but good to know it's more for color than fire.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
If anyone's looking for a portrait cut, Frank Darling has a few hidden under the rose cuts:

as well as this curiosity:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results