shape
carat
color
clarity

Not-of-this-Earth specialty-cut grudge match! (I.e. show me your LGD specialty cuts.)

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
@JV36912 you are so sweet, thank you! And I am surprised that you found round corner mixed cut under Radiance cut. All other round corner mixed cut is very pricy at Ritani. But the size you found is too large to make it a bracelet. I actually found a reasonable price round corner mixed cut at somewhere else. Hopeful this time it will go though. I will post follow up if I ever receive the stone. =)2
But if you ever see the stone we missed, please...please let me know!

So glad you found another diamond- hopeful it'll work out this time and if I ever do come across that stone again, I definitely will let you know!!

oliverave

Rough_Rock
Someone tell me it's a bad idea to impulse buy this chubby oval.

primary.jpg

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
In what way? I'm quite new to diamond proportions and what makes for the best diamond-I did think that it looked quite deep but just thought that was because it was an antique cut.

Exactly …. From looking at it you would think it is deep and has a big poofy crown when in fact it is 62 table over 43.5 depth. I.e. spready and flat. Not necessarily ugly, just not what it may appear to be at first glance,

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Not mine, but thought the faceting was pretty cool for this one!

It's interesting, but as a lay-person, I think the heart effect in the pavilion would be more appropriate in a heart shaped diamond. As an owner of a round, I purchased it because I like the symmetry of the round shape and its facets. The heart shape around the culet kind of ruins that for me.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
In what way? I'm quite new to diamond proportions and what makes for the best diamond-I did think that it looked quite deep but just thought that was because it was an antique cut.

Wondering if you ended up buying this one? I bought one with a similar, spready cut in mined. I was charmed by the culet and old cut. However, in real life the culet was all but invisible and the stone looked like crushed ice. I ended up returning it in the return window.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
oh my goddddddddddddddddddddddd it's so neat!

Search L* G* D* dot com by the report number, minus the two leading letters. ;-)

Rons Wolfe

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone know where to find an OEC?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@Rons Wolfe whoever starts offering old cuts in LGDs in a major online click and buy marketplace would make bank. I wish they would.

Also for mined diamonds below an L

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sometimes Alex Park lists OECs on his LabAntique Instagram. Frank Darling, Lauren B, Ouros are some other sellers.

oliverave

Rough_Rock
Wondering if you ended up buying this one? I bought one with a similar, spready cut in mined. I was charmed by the culet and old cut. However, in real life the culet was all but invisible and the stone looked like crushed ice. I ended up returning it in the return window.

No, I was able to resist the temptation. Sad that yours disappointed.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock

Frank Darling
Ourosjewels (Etsy)
Loose Grown Diamonds (smaller sizes)

If there is a vendor you like who sells EGD OECs but does not list LGD on their website, you might try contacting them and ask if they can make something in LGD. Some vendors work with LGD but don’t advertise it.

@Rons Wolfe whoever starts offering old cuts in LGDs in a major online click and buy marketplace would make bank. I wish they would.

Also for mined diamonds below an L

It seems that old and hard-to-find cuts are not coming down in price as fast as other LGD.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results