shape
carat
color
clarity

Not-of-this-Earth specialty-cut grudge match! (I.e. show me your LGD specialty cuts.)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
It's a carre!

Good call, I didn't even catch that! I am looking for a weird step cut. I wonder how that would look as a solitaire.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good call, I didn't even catch that! I am looking for a weird step cut. I wonder how that would look as a solitaire.

I have a 5 stone carre band. They are really cool--like looking into a weird mirror. But they dont throw fire like other cuts. More contrast and mesmerizing, but less fire. Just fyi!

tomato

Shiny_Rock
I joined PS again after many years because I'm looking for a unique cut LGD for a new ring over the next few months. Still have my original ring (1.5 ct earth diamond) but I have always wanted a fancy cut and these days am leaning towards a hexagon.

Like this, but maybe not elongated - though some of the longer lozenge shaped diamonds would make a gorgeous pendant!
:kiss2:

Last edited:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I found this antique style elongated cushion lab diamond on Ritani following the advice on this thread (searched for cushions with large culet). I love it!

3.93 GVS2

8D0FB8FE-A129-4CED-948F-8133B8E6471B.jpeg 4553B0F3-9812-47E3-BED5-A0D9519BF481.png

Ohhhh, it is awesome! I love it too! How is it in low lighting?

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Would love to see photos in different environments.

springsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Ohhhh, it is awesome! I love it too! How is it in low lighting?

What’s the best way to view it in low lighting - should I light a candle in a dark room? I think it looks great in all the lighting conditions I’ve tried, but haven’t taken it outside yet.

Would love to see photos in different environments.

I posted some in the thread I made about it! Called ”Ritani antique elongated cushion“

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see what this looks like in real life! If only they'd make them yellowy for me!:lol:

Thank you! I am so excited. I haven't bought any jewelry in 2 years and my opinion about lab diamonds has totally changed in those 2 years. I hope it is as beautiful as the video.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Mom2424722

Rough_Rock

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Just a simple solitaire for now I picked it over a larger carat size one they had listed because it is a bit spreadier, but I'm used to halos so hope I don't judge it as being too small.

I can't wait to see yours. I am so excited for you. :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lisa Loves Shiny and @Mom2424722, Please post pictures after you have them set. So excited for you both.

Thank you @MMtwo for the tips on how to search for these beautiful stones.

@MMtwo - she is an Angel! I sent an email to Ritani asking them to change the setting of the cushion diamond to a halo. Hope that works. I'm just so visually spoiled by how big a halo makes a diamond look. Fingers crossed!

I'm excited for @Mom2424722!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results