shape
carat
color
clarity

Not-of-this-Earth specialty-cut grudge match! (I.e. show me your LGD specialty cuts.)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Yes, that will glow in no lighting. Wow!
I have a natural intense yellow EC that is very deep and barely intense, but I truly love it. I predict you will be buying "little outfits" for that diamond. So many things will augment the color and appeal.

HA, I have been looking around for bands...and do I go yellow, or do I throw in something else bright (red, blue.....)? You're right, I am obsessed.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Yellow gold, the white gold band in your avatar, $6 blue steel band off ebay, citrine (ooh) or topaz. A yellow sapphire band.. And check out the Tetris ring on Abikha Jewels on Etsy, three colors of tiny diamonds.
You're going to have fun.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I simply cannot buy this...but I adore it. I had to post it here in case someone needs this. Cute "old cut" lab.
Screenshot 2022-05-28 145220.gif

Last edited:

Lauralei101

Rough_Rock
I simply cannot buy this...but I adore it. I had to post it here in case someone needs this. Cute "old cut" lab.
Screenshot 2022-05-28 145220.gif

How’s do you find these??? If I WANTED to search for these types of ‘abnormal’ lab diamonds, how would I?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
How’s do you find these??? If I WANTED to search for these types of ‘abnormal’ lab diamonds, how would I?

Hehehe, I spent too much time on Ritani. I was looking for options for side diamonds for a reset of my old cut. I searched for a large culet and a table under 54%. My old cut has a 53% table. I found this cute stone. Too big for my needs, but two at 1ct or smaller would have worked well.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@Ibrakeforpossums , @diamondhoarder , @oncrutchesrightnow I just found more scissorcuts! These cuts are a little different from mine...chunkier. They moved them from Asscher to Cushions ;-)

Sort lab cushions at Ritani for Large culet

here is my scissorcut thread for comparison.

Last edited:

Lauralei101

Rough_Rock
Hehehe, I spent too much time on Ritani. I was looking for options for side diamonds for a reset of my old cut. I searched for a large culet and a table under 54%. My old cut has a 53% table. I found this cute stone. Too big for my needs, but two at 1ct or smaller would have worked well.

Omgggg it works. I found old mine cut labs on Frank darling- some look like they have that Maltese cross .. you just revived my lab diamond searching. Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing lol

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Omgggg it works. I found old mine cut labs on Frank darling- some look like they have that Maltese cross .. you just revived my lab diamond searching. Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing lol

Yay...sorry, not sorry! Have fun!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Ouros is offering portrait cuts now.

3C46AD5A-4773-46F8-B994-9EF83C1D0AA8.jpeg

It was literally less than a year and a half ago when I was thrilled to find an earth grown portrait cut.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
That's a cool cut. He's a smart man to get into the fancy cuts.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
What would you do with that? Looked at those cuts, really curious to learn how they might be set.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
That's a cool cut. He's a smart man to get into the fancy cuts.

Yes. With Ouros’ s selection of old cuts they can replicate all the popular vintage styles and accommodate the creative people who have fun ideas for diamond jewelry that could never otherwise be done in a economical way.

What would you do with that? Looked at those cuts, really curious to learn how they might be set.

A ring is one possibility -- I really like mine for the subtlety but that is a smaller size. Other options that I have seen are see-through lockets and chandelier earrings.

When I first learned about them I wanted an elongated hexagon bezel set pendant. Still do, but now it is farther down the wish list.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Didn't Yoram set one with an Asscher underneath? I seem to recall a pinky ring.

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Didn't Yoram set one with an Asscher underneath? I seem to recall a pinky ring.
Indeed he did! Pulled these from his Instagram page. I adore this ring. So unique and beautiful ❤️
These were natural diamonds if I recall correct.

Screenshot_20220605-133957_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20220605-134003_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220605-134149_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20220605-134215_Instagram.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220605-134223_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220605-134223_Instagram.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20220605-134138_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220605-134138_Instagram.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20220605-134117_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220605-134117_Instagram.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20220605-134045_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220605-134045_Instagram.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 13

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
If anyone knows where to find a Jubilee or Crown of Light type lab grown diamond, do share please! My mother kinda fell in love with the Crown of Light diamond we saw at Diamonds International, but their "best price" for an EGL certified, I-J, Si2, 0.86ct in a very common setting was $13k. Nope, sorry mom, not going to let you spend that kind of money on that.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
If anyone knows where to find a Jubilee or Crown of Light type lab grown diamond, do share please! My mother kinda fell in love with the Crown of Light diamond we saw at Diamonds International, but their "best price" for an EGL certified, I-J, Si2, 0.86ct in a very common setting was $13k. Nope, sorry mom, not going to let you spend that kind of money on that.

I have a Crown Jubilee (natural) and I have yet to see another. It is a sparkler for sure. Hope your mom finds one she loves.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Crown Jubilee (natural) and I have yet to see another. It is a sparkler for sure. Hope your mom finds one she loves.
The sparkle of the Crown Jubilee has always enthralled me, and I have never seen one in person that I am aware of. How exciting to have something so special, it must bring you endless joy every time you wear it. <3

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

There are some on EBay if you search “crown of light diamond”

Or Etsy:

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
There are some on EBay if you search “crown of light diamond”

Or Etsy:

Thank you! The link below is actually the exact ring my mom fell in love with, only the one she tried on had a 0.86 CT center and this one is 0.45, otherwise we would have bought that one already! Mom might not be where my "bigger is better" mentality came from, but since she tried on the bigger, she won't go smaller.

I'm contemplating messaging this place to see if they would sell the center stone separately from the ring:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@vintageinjune, couldn’t hurt to ask! It’s an interesting cut, I’ve never seen one in person but I hope your mom is able to get one!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
@vintageinjune, couldn’t hurt to ask! It’s an interesting cut, I’ve never seen one in person but I hope your mom is able to get one!

I did ask, and they offered just the diamond at $3k, so I'm waiting to hear back from my mom. I'm probably much more invested in her getting this than she is if I'm honest, she buys all her jewelry from pawn shops and knows very little about it, she just buys what her eyes like and is a good deal (in her mind).

If she says no, then I'll ask my Dad if he wants to get it for her for their 35th wedding anniversary next year. :evil2:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
My word those jubilee/crown diamonds are hard to find. Maybe also ask Ouros over on Etsy.
Look at this one just for fun, it's fancy colored. I've never seen it in a fancy color!
s-l1600 (21).jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that’s a great idea about asking your dad to buy it for the upcoming anniversary @vintageinjune! If I was on the hunt, I’d probably go for it for 3k as long as there is a return policy. How exciting!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@vintageinjune Found this one, would need to verify that the center is .85 though because it’s not clear IMO:

AL12

Shiny_Rock
@Ibrakeforpossums , @diamondhoarder , @oncrutchesrightnow I just found more scissorcuts! These cuts are a little different from mine...chunkier. They moved them from Asscher to Cushions ;-)

Sort lab cushions at Ritani for Large culet

here is my scissorcut thread for comparison.

I'm intrigued by this but when I just tried on Ritani (searched 1.8ct-2.4 ct range) I didn't get any results. Have you just seen 1-2 coming through here and there or do I have my filters set wrong?

Also @Lauralei101 , I never looked on Frank Darling prior but where did you find the filter to choose "large culet"?

Lauralei101

Rough_Rock
I'm intrigued by this but when I just tried on Ritani (searched 1.8ct-2.4 ct range) I didn't get any results. Have you just seen 1-2 coming through here and there or do I have my filters set wrong?

Also @Lauralei101 , I never looked on Frank Darling prior but where did you find the filter to choose "large culet"?

On FD I didn’t use cutlet- just table under 53% with my other preferences.. I opened the actual images and found it under a different shape - I can’t remember which shape because I chose them al! I just searched there again and can’t find it! It pulled up few rounds that looked like transitional cuts too

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

I had 2 come back. The cushion picture placeholder is incorrect, you have to click through to see the diamond.

AL12

Shiny_Rock
On FD I didn’t use cutlet- just table under 53% with my other preferences.. I opened the actual images and found it under a different shape - I can’t remember which shape because I chose them al! I just searched there again and can’t find it! It pulled up few rounds that looked like transitional cuts too

Thank you for the reply! Looks like it will have to be something I search frequently and then do additionally digging! I’m not complaining bc I’m itching to find “the one” and it’s taking longer than I would like!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results