shape
carat
color
clarity

No loving the matching band....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
?!? Faycullen

Maybe!!!!.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Not Euro, unfortunately.

Anothermaybe.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I think a simple straight band with matching engraving would look a whole lot better. I have to agree, particularly when looking at the side view, that the designer dropped the ball here.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
They are both beautiful pieces but it doesn't seem like engraving (antique-looking) and channel setting (modern) go together. For me there is a conflict over eras. I saw the stock photo you posted and can see the engraving is on the sides so it is a matched set. Sorry you aren't thrilled about it but it does look pretty close to the photo. It's a blending of antique and modern.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will say I have a channel set PR WB that does look antique IMHO. It has milgraining and very thin PLT walls. I love it and it was custom made by a B&M (not a Tacori). I am worried for you since anything custom WILL be cutting it close. Could you use a plain band to get married (for the wedding) and add a diamond band when you have had time to really think it out? With time you really could have something perfect.

Diver, I would be flattered if you copied me
2.gif
3.gif
and don''t mind you "talking" for me at all! Thanks for the sweet compliments.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
lol, I would love that ring. Do you think that the euroshank matters?

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 2:06:00 PM
Author: decodelighted
Agreeing with BECGirl. It does look too *tall* for your e-ring ... and too wide ... and channel set is so modern that it kinda fights with the engraving that I love so much.

HUM. Does the band have to be euro? Euro is mostly meant to help stop the top-heavy ering from spinning. Something like a thin Leon band or a Beverly K or even a bead-set Ritani ... or or or ... what about one of the pretty pave Tiffany bands? Which are the super thin ones?? Tiffany you get pretty quickly. Though Pearlmans could probably get you many different designer brands *pretty* quickly.

SORRY!!! ... I kinda suspected you might not like that one in person but it sounded like a done deal when you reported it on another thread so I kept mum. But ... now that you ASKED ... heh.

ETA: I think I can better articulate WHY it doesn''t work after looking at the pix again. Your e-ring band has engraving that draws your eye inward toward the center of the band - making it look more narrow & flattering your stone. The w-band, however, makes your eye focus on the flashy shiny wide outer edge of the channel ...drawing your eye OUTward-- making the channel band look wide & bulky. The fact that they''re working at opposite directions is irritating & doesn''t ''flow''. IMHO of course.
Deco, I always respect your opinion! Tiffany huh? any photies for me???

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it would be nice to have matching euro shanks. Not sure how many come "standard." Greenlake does do great work. My sister just got her e-ring there with a euro shank but I am worried since you have less than a month.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 2:27:25 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I will say I have a channel set PR WB that does look antique IMHO. It has milgraining and very thin PLT walls. I love it and it was custom made by a B&M (not a Tacori). I am worried for you since anything custom WILL be cutting it close. Could you use a plain band to get married (for the wedding) and add a diamond band when you have had time to really think it out? With time you really could have something perfect.

Diver, I would be flattered if you copied me
2.gif
3.gif
and don''t mind you ''talking'' for me at all! Thanks for the sweet compliments.
I think that i may have too!

I love your Tessa BK ring , so sweet.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks!
16.gif

I know it sucks not to have your dream wedding band for your wedding but in the end you will forget! haha! The point is to have something you love not something you settle with. Unless you know what you want today I would look for a nice (engraved) plain band as a stand in.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 2:39:44 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 8/28/2008 2:32:19 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
Tiffany huh? any photies for me???
The Novo in platinum could work. Or maybe this kinda loopy ''Swing'' (bit wide & $$ though) ... or Musey''s Jazz . Did I mention the Novo comes in rose gold too? That could be a quirky combo! I know, I know ... not supposed to mix gold & platinum.....

Ooh I like! My ring is white gold though! lol I can''t remember Deco, what does your band look like again?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 2:43:17 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
Ooh I like! My ring is white gold though! lol I can't remember Deco, what does your band look like again?
White gold, huh? BONUS. Tiffany has another ring that I *think* is even thinner than the Novo ... called the Metro which only comes in White or Rose or Yellow GOLD.

My band is this "link" band from estatediamondjewelry.com. And I noticed the price nearly DOUBLED recently. It was $850 when I found it! I do think the shape would look cool with your ring. That site has lots of other choices too -- if you don't care about the Euro thing.

ETA: I am LOVING the idea of the ROSE GOLD metro band with your ring though! With your skin tone??? OMG!!! Is there a Tiffany near you you could try them on??

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a blurry hand pix of my band with my e-ring. Been meaning to take fresh ones ...

blurrydecoband.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the engraved shank, but I am not feeling the polished channel set look. I love Deco''s, I think something like that would be beautiful with your lovely e-ring!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 2:20:17 PM
Author: Fly Girl
I think a simple straight band with matching engraving would look a whole lot better. I have to agree, particularly when looking at the side view, that the designer dropped the ball here.

Big ditto to this, it''s the first thing I thought of when I saw the picture.

I think your current band doesn''t fit with the e-ring at all- I was surprised to hear it was supposed to be a matched set- and the diamonds in the band overwhelm your e-ring, including the engraving on the e-ring, which is what makes it so lovely, IMO.

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
What about something like this until you decide what you really want?? I saw it the other day in a post and instantly thought of you because of the engraving. I am sure WF could reproduce it in WG for you.

gi_WF-PrWB106-Pt_m23.jpg

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 1:59:40 PM
Author: musey
Date: 8/28/2008 1:53:46 PM

Author: pjean

What is the problem with the shape? Is it that it doesn''t sit flush with your ering?

Maybe ''cuz it''s not euro?

Oh, right. Duh...
3.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Soloman Bro. has one that''s pave and looks like the same engraving, but it''s still curved.

solbro.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 3:35:01 PM
Author: geckodani
Soloman Bro. has one that''s pave and looks like the same engraving, but it''s still curved.
That looks to be a much prettier choice. Well done, Dani!
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, the A Jaffe looks like a great option!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I think they are both A Jaffe. Maybe they just wanted a channel-set version for brides who like channel-set, which IWPO clearly does not.
2.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It''s still a curved band though - IWPO - Did you want a curved one or straight?

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Straight, I want to be able to stack in the future.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 2:00:06 PM
Author: Ellen
I am really surprised that is supposed to be the ''matching'' band. No, it doesn''t compliment your lovely setting at all. If it were me, I''d try to find a simple band with engraving similar to your Eband.

I''m sorry.

Yeah I think the same. It actually takes away from your e-ring. Definitely keep looking and I love the idea of a thinner simple band with the engraving on it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results