shape
carat
color
clarity

No loving the matching band....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I just don''t know how I feel about this...other than disapointed. Do you think I am being over critical or does this kind of look old fashioned and clunky???

*sigh*

DSC054061111.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What drew you to that bad to begin with? Just trying to see where the doubts stem from.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 1:33:59 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
What drew you to that bad to begin with? Just trying to see where the doubts stem from.
Yeah, I need more background info before sharing an opinion
2.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
It''s the one ring that matches my ring from A. Jaffe. My jeweler overnighted it to me so I could see what I thought before deciding. It''s a euroshank too. FI picked the e-ring.

Wellllll.......... *hands Iwaana a glass of wine*

*lights ciggie*

Yeah, it does.... look kinda "dated" to me.... personally I think it takes away from the beautfiul engraving on your engagement ring.. And it does seem a bit bulky...

I''m sorry for being honest, but I have to agree with you.

And I''m so sorry you are feelnig this way, so close to your wedding day.

8.gif

What about it do you like ???

What about it do you hate ??

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 1:38:04 PM
Author: BrownEyedCountryGirl75

*lights ciggie*

Yeah, it does.... look kinda ''dated'' to me.... personally I think it takes away from the beautfiul engraving on your engagement ring.. And it does seem a bit bulky...

8.gif

Unfortunately not much I like. The hand engraving again is beautiful and it is a euroshank.

Hate- Channel set, how deep it is in the front, it does not accent my e-ring at all!

I ABSOLUTELY love YOUR ERING, always have and I think the wedding band overpowers it a little bit.. I did notice the engraving on the side of the wedding band... is there maybe just a band like that ???

Just curious...
9.gif

Date: 8/28/2008 1:39:59 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone

*lights ciggie*

Yeah, it does.... look kinda ''dated'' to me.... personally I think it takes away from the beautfiul engraving on your engagement ring.. And it does seem a bit bulky...

8.gif

Unfortunately not much I like. The hand engraving again is beautiful and it is a euroshank.

Hate- Channel set, how deep it is in the front, it does not accent my e-ring at all!
The engraving is beautiful, agreed, it is a euroshank, which is great, but all ofthe things you HATE about the band are the things you will see every single day for the rest of your life and even now you are not happy...

Girl, my advice would be keep looking !!!!!!!!!!

And I have to agree with the reasons you listed about why you hated it.... Gosh, I feel bad even saying it... but your right... it just doesn''t seem to flow with your ering...

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tend to gravitate toward more delicate sets, and I''m not *personally* a fan of channeled rounds, especially with such thick edges... BUT a lot of people really like that look, it''s certainly a personal preference thing. It sounds like it''s *not* your personal preference, though.

Do you have any idea what you would prefer? Or when you look at it, do you think "If only that part were ______, or this part weren''t so ______"?

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Let me add, I hate the sway in it too. I want a straight band!!!

Maybe you can lend me your beverly k for the wedding
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have to get the matching band? What do *you* want? Ignore what was made to match or what anyone else says...

I don''t like "sways" in bands either so I feel you there.... Musey, who is always the voice of reason, hence one of the main reasons I adore her, had a really good suggestion...
4.gif

I would be more than happy to Fed Ex you my Bev K band for the wedding... JUST the wedding...... okay, *maybe* the honeymoon... IF, after your married, you shave your head and send me YOUR BEAUTIFUL HAIR !!!!

Deal ??!!!!!!
31.gif

Hee.. Hee....

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen any engraved bands that would compliment it?

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that this ring is too bulky for your ering and your hand. Banish it!

Date: 8/28/2008 1:50:19 PM
http://www.primejeweler.com/8wr140sm-ddd.html#

I love this, I actually tried in on...the milgrain is lovely (I have milgrain on e-ring). The only thing is it is the shape.

What is the problem with the shape? Is it that it doesn''t sit flush with your ering?

THAT is MY Bev K !!!!!

Oh, I think that would look FABULOUS with your ering.... absolutely BEAUTFUL !!!!

We need some one to photshop the two together STAT !

I think the mix of shapes would really accentuate your ering !

I have a square stone (Asscher) and the mix really made the centre stone POP !!!!

So, yes, that band, in my opinion, could definately work.. :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
And BK''s milgrain is SOOOOOO amazing! Talk to Julian at Pearlman''s. If anyone can make it happen, he can. Time''s a ticking though!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 1:53:46 PM
Author: pjean
Date: 8/28/2008 1:50:19 PM
http://www.primejeweler.com/8wr140sm-ddd.html#

I love this, I actually tried in on...the milgrain is lovely (I have milgrain on e-ring). The only thing is it is the shape.
What is the problem with the shape? Is it that it doesn't sit flush with your ering?
Maybe 'cuz it's not euro?

Maybe you could do it with 1/2 eternity, and on the bottom half they could do engraving and a euro shank? That would be pretty. I'm picturing a ring from green lake jewelry works from on here... I'll see if I can find it.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I''d send that back while you still can. It might be what the designer says is the matching band, but it in no way complements your e-ring to me.

Not taking anything away from the w-band, it is a lovely piece, the two just are NOT right together at all.

There are a number of PSers here who have gotten bands that are not the dedicated matching band & it looks fabulous.

Tacori E-ring''s wedding band comes to mind. I remember when she was looking for a w-ring & I remember when she found it thinking "wow, that looks awesome with her e-ring".

I think New England Lady & Musey have bands that aren''t the exact match but are perfect for their rings too. There are so many on here I could go bananas trying to remember them all.

But hang in there and find one that makes you go "ahhh, now THAT I like!". cuz if it bugs you now, honey it will grate on you later.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am really surprised that is supposed to be the "matching" band. No, it doesn''t compliment your lovely setting at all. If it were me, I''d try to find a simple band with engraving similar to your Eband.

I''m sorry.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think a channel set band compliments your beautiful engraved e-ring at all. I''d say keep looking. You''ll find what''s right for you. Something with the same flare and feeling as your e-ring. Does your e-ring have a matching band?

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I love this one & I think the engraving would complement your ering nicely. Worth a try...

http://www.primejeweler.com/8wr601-ddd.html

Hey call Julian...Tacori had a great experience with him & Pearlmans when it came to her Tessa ring.

(sorry T if I''m talking for you...but you have amazing pieces & your tessa ring turned out gorgeous, I might have to copy you....)

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock

*lights ciggie*

8.gif

I agree about the engraving,

BUT it does sit flush (or least looks that way) with your ring, which to me is hard to pull off. As far as looking "dated" well, its hard to say becuase you know in 10 years "dated" will be popular again.

I do think it is a beautiful band though

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Agreeing with BECGirl. It does look too *tall* for your e-ring ... and too wide ... and channel set is so modern that it kinda fights with the engraving that I love so much.

HUM. Does the band have to be euro? Euro is mostly meant to help stop the top-heavy ering from spinning. Something like a thin Leon band or a Beverly K or even a bead-set Ritani ... or or or ... what about one of the pretty pave Tiffany bands? Which are the super thin ones?? Tiffany you get pretty quickly. Though Pearlmans could probably get you many different designer brands *pretty* quickly.

SORRY!!! ... I kinda suspected you might not like that one in person but it sounded like a done deal when you reported it on another thread so I kept mum. But ... now that you ASKED ... heh.

ETA: I think I can better articulate WHY it doesn't work after looking at the pix again. Your e-ring band has engraving that draws your eye inward toward the center of the band - making it look more narrow & flattering your stone. The w-band, however, makes your eye focus on the flashy shiny wide outer edge of the channel ...drawing your eye OUTward-- making the channel band look wide & bulky. The fact that they're working at opposite directions is irritating & doesn't "flow". IMHO of course.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I was rather surprised to read that the band was supposedly the "matching" band to your e-ring. The style and feel is very different and they do not compliment each other.

I would keep looking. This is an important ring - don''t settle!

Date: 8/28/2008 1:55:53 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
And BK''s milgrain is SOOOOOO amazing! Talk to Julian at Pearlman''s. If anyone can make it happen, he can. Time''s a ticking though!
DITTO !!!! DITTO !!!!!

Tacori, too funny !!!!

I was jsut coming to post the same thing...
9.gif

Seriously, I think I''ve recommended Julian and Pearlmans 10 times today !!!!!

Your right, Bev K''s miligrain is GAWGEOUS and SIR JULIAN can make anything happen......
36.gif
36.gif

CALL HIM NOW !!!!!!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh IWPO - I have to agree, it''s just not quite right. What about something like DMBsGirl''s Band that WF made? Betcha they could do it 3/4 with a Euro shank for you....

You''ll find something! Don''t give up!
ring8746.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 1:59:40 PM
Author: musey
Maybe you could do it with 1/2 eternity, and on the bottom half they could do engraving and a euro shank? That would be pretty. I'm picturing a ring from green lake jewelry works from on here... I'll see if I can find it.
This is not the one I was thinking of, but maybe something like it? With the bezeled alternating shapes across the top, instead of prong-set rounds?

I bet you could go full eternity, but are eternities with euro shanks done? That's probably a dumb question, I've just never seen it!

gljweuroshank.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results