shape
carat
color
clarity

NO KITTY CATS ALLOWED!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha Punchie, Portia lays like that after we rub her belly for a few minutes, she just stays there on her back with all her limbs loose. It''s so funny ! I love all the funny positions that they get into!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is Milo''s latest outfit. It''s a personal flotation device for doggies! He''s going with us on our Wisconsin vacation this summer and we will be boating, etc. on the lake and want to take him swimming with us. This thing has a handle on the top (back) so you can easily scoop them out of the water in case they get into trouble...it''s also weighted in such a way so they stay belly-down. He hates it so far, of course!

milo lifejacket.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a closer view, you can tell he''s just loving it
emsad.gif
face5.gif

thermal milo.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops, that was him actually having fun in daddy''s thermal shirt he dug out of the laundry. Here''s the other lifejacket one. Ahh now I can''t get it to upload. Well anyway, he''s much happier fooling around with things he''s not supposed to than when we strap him into something that smells like plastic!
face23.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I love seeing everyones Fur Babies... so cute! This is my new favorite of Ellie taken last week the morning after she got spayed... I feel she is saying "I hate you... my tummy hurts and i have poodle haircut!!!"

345%3B95336%7Ffp337%3Enu%3D326%3B%3E772%3E7%3B2%3EWSNRCG%3D32334%3A376397%3Cnu0mrj

njc

Brilliant_Rock
And one of her being the cute little puppy she is!

345%3B95398%7Ffp338%3Enu%3D326%3B%3E772%3E7%3B2%3EWSNRCG%3D32334%3A3%3B5%3B423nu0mrj

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG NJC she is such a cutie, gotta love that attitude they give you eh!?

RedRaider

Rough_Rock
Okay. I can''t resist. I''m such the dog lover! Even more so than diamonds! Here''s a picture of both my dogs a Sheltie and a Lhasa Apso.

~RedRaider

sweepingdoggies.JPG

RedRaider

Rough_Rock
Here''s a closeup of my Lhasa with my husband, well, sort of...

MaddDawg.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww the dogs are just so cute!!

we were out tonite in the park and i saw the absolute CUTEST dog EVER...typically i think portia is the cutest dog ever but this dog was just so adorable!!! she was a husky and terrier mix with fur the color of soft caramel and she had the cutest floppy puppy look, with half cocked ears that flopped around and that inquisitive terrier face...she looked kind of like a westie face but with the hair the caramel color and she was definitely bigger, she said she''d get to be 65 lbs and was about 16 right now (portia''s size but with lots more fluffy hair!!)..she was just the CUTEST THING EVER!!!! she was shy and scared but she came over to sniff me and then licked my hand and then was hanging out between my legs when the other dogs wanted to chase her, awwwww!!! i said can we trade?
11.gif
of course just kidding, we adore our rat but this dog just stole my heart...if she had told me that there was another one waiting to be adopted i would have thrown my hand up in a minute, ohhh gregg...
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh look at that face, too cute!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
I was recently cruising shelter sites and Petfinders, and look what I found!

Widget has a long-lost redheaded relative!
9.gif

Uiuty.jpg

dhog

Shiny_Rock
this is one of my favorite photo''s of all time
we still have both of these dogs. they are tan and white toy fox terriers that are very rare.this is autumn and her 8 hour old baby.these two share the same bond today as they did 3 years ago.

tumnpup1.jpg

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Awww RedRaider your Lhasa laying down looks like Minko''s twin! Minko also loves to sleep the way your Lhasa does on his back and get his belly scratched. Of course it looks like your Lhasa has better teeth and better eyes compared to mine. Poor guy he has a crooked underbite and a lazy eye but, he''s still the most adorable dog I''ve ever seen! Hehe...how old is your Lhasa and whats his/her name?

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
This is my baby. His name is Emmitt and he is a 6 year old border collie/corgie mix. Just wanted to share. I love seeing everyone else''s babies. And I am so sorry to hear about yours Widget. Sincerely, Mokey

ring pics 044emm.JPG

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
This is Sake, our 11 yr old white male akita. He''s HUGE and lovable and an old fuddy duddy who doesn''t take crap from scary muggers or angry pit bulls trying to eat my brother.

sake.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
...and this is maharette, our hyper 9 yr old sweetheart who LOVES to give you kisses and is still as hyper as she was when she was a puppy. She just had knee surgery and is still the most active puppy...we have to sit on her! She used to torment Sake to no end...he is a very calm dog and she is NOT.

mahrette.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Here is a shot of Ava trying to figure out where the rest of Martini went.

tubtimefortini1.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful creatures! And look at that 8 hour pup? Swoon.
Does anyone know if they found Vivi the Whippet who escaped his crate after the Westmin dog show?

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Here''s Jelly with a Doggy Cigar.

JellyCigar1a.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmm I don''t think they have yet...so sad!!!!

I was telling someone the other day that I think it''s bizarre that we don''t have the option to GPS chip our pets...it would take care of so many lost animals if you could just GPS their location. It''s every owner''s worst nightmare to lose their pet... but with something like this it''d be no more visiting the shelters or pound to see if your pet was brought in, worrying about someone else finding and keeping them, etc.

Why is it that no one has come up with this yet?!?!!?!? I don''t care how much it was, I would so do it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a great idea Mara. I hope they find Vivi soon, poor thing.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2006 12:42:47 AM
Author: Mara

I was telling someone the other day that I think it''s bizarre that we don''t have the option to GPS chip our pets...
Mara, i think it''s available but it''s not a chip alone, device is too big to be implanted, so i guess it comes attached to the collar.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2006 9:54:02 AM
Author: Pricescope
Date: 2/18/2006 12:42:47 AM

Author: Mara

I was telling someone the other day that I think it''s bizarre that we don''t have the option to GPS chip our pets...
Mara, i think it''s available but it''s not a chip alone, device is too big to be implanted, so i guess it comes attached to the collar.
yep
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=dog+gps&btnG=Google+Search

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
it seems like with all this great technology there''d be a small chip, aka she has the microchip for the vet to get all her info off of if someone brings her in, why not a small chip like that for GPS? the collar unfortunately can just be taken off if someone doesn''t want her to be found...maybe in a few more years!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
poor little pup. and it's FREEZING here...and whippets don't do so well in the cold...not to mention that traffic by JFK is a nightmare. I would think things don't look good at all.
7.gif
I hope that in the alternative, someone just took her and kept her. But what would one do with a stolen show-dog? he/she wouldn't be "worth" much without the papers for breeding purposes I would think.....When we move out of the coop and into a home where my babies could escape through the front door, I'm so going to look into the gps

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know it''s the coldest night of the year so far. That poor dog.
15.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
So...on the off chance I end up in substandard NYC housing for the next few years, does anyone know which dog breeds are best to keep away the rats?

I''ve heard terriers and scotties? How would you train them to go after rats? I would prefer a kitty but rats can kill them. One lady I heard of from when we lived in NYC had her cat get into the basement and the rats killed and ate it.

Thoughts? I like bigger dogs normally but am open to a littler one.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yorkshire Terriers were originally bred for ratting. Most terriers might be useful at this, also Jack Russells can be tenacious little chaps and might be a good choice.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would SO not get a dog to be a ratter!!!!!!

Rats can carry horrible diseases and if it bites your dog...?!?!!? A full grown Yorkie is not even bigger than a cat at all... rats can just as easily kill a small dog as they can a cat IMO.

Also terriers many times were bred not to attack and/or kill the rodents but rather they would find them and just keep them at bay until the hunter came and got them. Portia if she sees a squirrel or something just kind of corners it and then barks relentlessly until I go and release her from it, but I don't think she'd ever actually ATTACK a rat or a squirrel or anything...that's not what she was bred to do.

So you could just end up with a barking terrier that doesn't catch anything. My friend has a Jack and he does the same thing, corners it and barks.

I would say I wouldn't get a cat to be a ratter either, I just don't believe in putting housepets at risk that way....but I think a cat is a better option than a dog for actually 'catching' them? Not sure if that is the purpose. Or maybe you just want them to stay away from the scent?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results