color
clarity

New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Welcome to the updated Pricescope!

Because we are all learning together, please do not email us with questions about how to use the forum. We will not be able to answer questions individually at this time.

Instead please post your question directly in this thread and either a user who knows the answer or one of the PS staff will answer the question as soon as possible. This way we can avoid answering the same question over and over again.

To keep the thread manageable PLEASE do not post ditto, me too, etc. If a problem has been posted we will work on it. Thank you!

If you have suggestions for additional features please use the suggestion box as always-keep this thread for reporting problems using the forum.

All policies will stay the same from the previous forum.

Ask away and we hope you enjoy the new look of Pricescope! :appl:

EDITED - 7-30-10
Please check out this section for some answers and helpful tips. We will be updating it .

announces/login-issues-other-useful-info-t146505.html

Click below for tips for the following the following:

Login issues
Forum Icon explanation
How to post Links
All about badges

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
!!

Thanks Ella! It looks great!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

I'm not seeing posted photos.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Allison D. said:

Me neither.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Is the seach funtion working? I used to be able to search with "5 stone with pics" to find my old thread
wtih my 5 stone. Now it comes back and says that there are no post with the word "with" in it.

If I search for just "5 stone" it says it cant search on it because it is not unique enough.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Allison D. said:

Can you please tell us what browser and type of computer you are on? We can all see them so there must be something different.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

tyty333 said:
Is the seach funtion working? I used to be able to search with "5 stone with pics" to find my old thread
wtih my 5 stone. Now it comes back and says that there are no post with the word "with" in it.

If I search for just "5 stone" it says it cant search on it because it is not unique enough.

The search works in rudimentary ways right now but Andrey is working on rebuilding the indexes. This will give us a much better search function and the ability to search for all the usual searches and get good results.

Right now to find your own threads go to your profile and look them up there. The search function will be fixed soon.

If we did the indexing before we went live it might have been a few days of no forum and we know no one wanted that. :wink2:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ella and all the mods,
Thank you for PS2! :appl: It's working for me except one thing...I cannot read the full post or see the full picture. There doesn't seem to be a scroll down function for the individual post or something similar that might allow me to read the entire post if it is long. It just cuts off after a pre-set length. :confused:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

One more thing; in chatting with some other PSers offline, it seems that quite a few PSers are still able to post to the older version of PS and are still doing so. Am I among the odd few who can only access PS version 2? I cannot seem to access the old PS anymore while some cannot access PS2 at all.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

Ella said:
Allison D. said:

Can you please tell us what browser and type of computer you are on? We can all see them so there must be something different.

Hi, I'm having the same problem, I'm using IE 8.0.6001.18928, on vista home premium.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

chrono said:
One more thing; in chatting with some other PSers offline, it seems that quite a few PSers are still able to post to the older version of PS and are still doing so. Am I among the odd few who can only access PS version 2? I cannot seem to access the old PS anymore while some cannot access PS2 at all.

Hi Chrono,

can you please post the link to the thread that you are having trouble viewing and what browser you are using?

Thank you

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It appears to be a very consistent issue for me (all board sections and all threads) but here is a good example since it also has a picture or two included:
colored-stones/color-change-sapphire-from-richard-wise-t145853.html

I am using Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

chrono said:

It works like a virus. It takes a little while to spread to everyone. But they all should see it soon.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Those who are having picture or scrolling issues

We are doing our best to figure it out. Can you all please try using a different browser and see if you still have the same problems? We are trying to determine if it is a browser issue or a different issue. All of our testers see everything fine so we need your help to solve it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Unfortunately, I only have IE on this PC but I'll be able to use a different browser later tonight.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

I can't see the photos if I use Internet Explorer. I tried Mozilla and it works fine. :))

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Maisiebelle said:
I can't see the photos if I use Internet Explorer. I tried Mozilla and it works fine. :))

Thank you Maisie.

Others that are having trouble: What version of IE do you have? Please make sure it is the latest and we can work on it from there.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

Ella said:

We are doing our best to figure it out. Can you all please try using a different browser and see if you still have the same problems? We are trying to determine if it is a browser issue or a different issue. All of our testers see everything fine so we need your help to solve it.

Works like a charm in Chrome.

A different issue I encountered, where is the log in area? The only way I could find to log in, was to post a reply, where it prompted me to log in, then it took me to my profile.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium

How do I upload my Avatar?

I note that you seem to have lost it as I had uploaded it into the original V2.

Perry

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have IE 6.0.2900.2180 followed by a number if alphabets if that makes any sense. I don't know how old this versions is.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

davi_el_mejor said:
Ella said:

Works like a charm in Chrome.

A different issue I encountered, where is the log in area? The only way I could find to log in, was to post a reply, where it prompted me to log in, then it took me to my profile.

It is in the uppermost left corner of the forum. Right above the PRICE in Pricescope.

Glad everyone has gotten it working with other browsers. It works with the version of IE our developers have but apparently the other versions it is having trouble with. We are working on it but for now please use other browsers if possible.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

When PS 2.0 was launched before there was an option to turn PMs off of on. Did you decide ultimately to not allow them or am I not seeing where this option is?

Looks neat so far! I can see pictures when I don't use IE.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Those who cannot see photos. Please go to MY PAGES---MY ACCOUNT---and BOARD PREFERENCES make sure the button is clicked that says to show photos on the forum.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Clairitek said:
When PS 2.0 was launched before there was an option to turn PMs off of on. Did you decide ultimately to not allow them or am I not seeing where this option is?

Looks neat so far! I can see pictures when I don't use IE.

There are no PM's.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am using Safari V 5.0 - and I can see the pictures.

Perry

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

perry said:

Perry

Go to MY PAGES----MY ACCOUNT----PROFILE----EDIT-----user profile

The user profile will be at the very top of the edit box as another screen you can select.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

In the profile section where you specify diamond specs, there is still "garbage" text in it. Would love it if we had diamond shape as part of these specs - the table and depth is pretty useless without it.
In the user profile, the most active topic has incorrect stats underneath it.

What happen to the functionality to find all threads by a user? I loved it and used it reguarly. :((

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

DiaGem
Paul-Antwerp
John Pollard
Rhino

Are missing trade badges.
I figured out how to turn mine on.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ella said:
Allison D. said:

I am using internet explorer on a Toshiba laptop and my PC uses vista.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ella said:
perry said:

Perry

Go to MY PAGES----MY ACCOUNT----PROFILE----EDIT-----user profile

The user profile will be at the very top of the edit box as another screen you can select.

Thanks,

Now people can recognize me...

Perry

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results