shape
carat
color
clarity

New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

It used to be that you could click on the username of the last person to post in a given thread and that thread would open at the point of the last post.

Now, when I click on the last person to post in thread, I get their user profile. It appears there is no way to now open a thread beginning at the most recent post? That's going to be incredibly inconvenient when posts are multiple pages long as they can sometimes get.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Allison - click the little white box on the right next to the name listed in the "last post" column

takes you to the most recent post in a thread

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock

Ella said:
clgwli said:
I know you aren't looking for suggestions, but when putting in information about the ring in my profile under Ring Specs, the lowest color is N. That leaves out people like me who have much lower colors or fancy colors. Will this be changed so those of us with "non standard" colors can use that section too?

It is not that we aren't looking for suggestions, it is just that we would prefer they were put in the appropriate forum to keep this thread focused on solving problems that users are experiencing. :))

We are working on the photo issues already.
Thanks! I wasn't sure about the photo issues since mine was for the avatar only.

And I admit it took me a while to find the location of the suggestion box, so I am sorry I put it here. I'll gladly add it to the right place. Sorry about that.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

Leon's Ad on banner doesn't work. I tried on a few rotations and it consistently does not redirect.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

CharmyPoo said:
Leon's Ad on banner doesn't work. I tried on a few rotations and it consistently does not redirect.

I had the wrong URL for it. All Fixed now.

thanks for pointing it out.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Yssie said:
Allison - click the little white box on the right next to the name listed in the "last post" column

takes you to the most recent post in a thread

We will make those images bigger.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

Even though I am posting this response (just like another one I did a few minutes ago), it doesn't say that I am on-line in the list that appears at the bottom of the page. Am I in some kind of strange twighlight zone?

Porridge

Ideal_Rock

Aryana said:
I am having a different scrolling issue. When I select a post to read that is toward the bottom of the forum page, once I exit that post my page refreshes back to the top of the forum page. I then have to scroll back down to read the next post (after the one I first read). PS 1 kept you at the same location on the forum page so that you didn't have to scroll down again to read the next post.
Dancing Fire said:
when i click on the "back button" it always bring me back to top of the page instead of where i left off like the middle of the page,now i needed to scrool down the page to find where i was.
FYI mods, I am not having this problem on Safari.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Gailey said:
Even though I am posting this response (just like another one I did a few minutes ago), it doesn't say that I am on-line in the list that appears at the bottom of the page. Am I in some kind of strange twighlight zone?

No, unfortunately the online list is not accurate. We have many many more users actually online than it says right now. :))

We are working on fixing it soon.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
All about badges

Had a few minutes from so I thought I would put this together for everyone.

Rough rock post count: 0 - 100
1_RoughRock-.jpg
ShinyRock post count: 101- 500
2_ShinyRock.jpg
Brilliant rock post count: 501 - 2000
5_BrilliantRock.jpg
Ideal rock post count: 2001 - 10000
3_IdealRock.jpg
Super Ideal Rock post count: 10001 -
4_SuperIdealRock.jpg

Cheers

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

One more post before I pass out. :lol:

ForumHelp.png

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

One more thing - I'm slightly annoyed by the fact that sticky threads aren't separated from the rest of them. It's not a huge issue, but it makes it harder to see which thread I should read first.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

psadmin said:

ForumHelp.png

Will the asterik appear in any thread in which you have posted--not just the stickied posts? It would be very helpful if it did.
When you are reading a thread, is there a function that takes you to the first unread post? It amost seemed, in the above graphic, that this function did exist, but I can't get it to work.

When I'm participating in a thread, no small icon appears before the thread title. I have to scroll through the pages. I know that I can pick a page, but in the longer threads, I don't have any way of knowing what page I was on when I left the discussion unless I go back into my page and scroll through my posts.

I am still having to go through a convoluted log in process. I click on log in and get sent to my page. I have to click on groups and then the log in screen pops up. Is this the way it is supposed to be? Shouldn't the log in screen appear when you click on log in?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

risingsun said:
psadmin said:

ForumHelp.png

Will the asterik appear in any thread in which you have posted--not just the stickied posts? It would be very helpful if it did.
When you are reading a thread, is there a function that takes you to the first unread post? It amost seemed, in the above graphic, that this function did exist, but I can't get it to work.

When I'm participating in a thread, no small icon appears before the thread title. I have to scroll through the pages. I know that I can pick a page, but in the longer threads, I don't have any way of knowing what page I was on when I left the discussion unless I go back into my page and scroll through my posts.

I am still having to go through a convoluted log in process. I click on log in and get sent to my page. I have to click on groups and then the log in screen pops up. Is this the way it is supposed to be? Shouldn't the log in screen appear when you click on log in?

Marian,
I am FAAAAR from any kind of PS2 expert, but I think I know the answers to two of your questions.
The asterisk appears in all threads, NOT just stickied ones.
The little orange square icon before a post title will take you to the first unread post. In the case that you have never opened the thread yet, it will take you to the first post.
At least that's how it's working for me; and I'm using Firefox.
HTH!
Lynn

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Lynn B said:
risingsun said:
psadmin said:

ForumHelp.png

Marian,
I am FAAAAR from any kind of PS2 expert, but I think I know the answers to two of your questions.
The little orange square icon before a post title will take you to the first unread post. In the case that you have never opened the thread yet, it will take you to the first post.
HTH!
Lynn

Lynn you are correct. I should have been more clear about it.

- The asterisk will appear in all thread that you have posted in.

- The orange square takes you to the first unread post in that thread.

Marian there is a synchronization issue with the login ( we are actively working on it and hope to have it fixed soon).

My suggestion is to go to the home page click on My Pages - Log out and relogin.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

jstarfireb said:
One more thing - I'm slightly annoyed by the fact that sticky threads aren't separated from the rest of them. It's not a huge issue, but it makes it harder to see which thread I should read first.

We are looking into it.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Sorry if this was already asked and answered...
When looking at the main page for any forum, (ie rocky talky) why do some names appear in red, others in blue?
Below you can see Regular Guy and PS admin in red- although I also see "regular members" with red names

ForumHelp.png

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Rockdiamond said:
Sorry if this was already asked and answered...
When looking at the main page for any forum, (ie rocky talky) why do some names appear in red, others in blue?
Below you can see Regular Guy and PS admin in red- although I also see "regular members" with red names

ForumHelp.png

Yes this has been addressed already. It is because of a feature we are not currently using but was part of the forum template. It is arbitrary.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

Lynn B said:
risingsun said:
psadmin said:

ForumHelp.png

Marian,
HTH!
Lynn

Thank you Lynn and Andrey! Sometimes I just need to be pointed in the right direction ;))

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock

I made sure my board preferences were set to allow me to see images, but I still cannot see them! I'm only getting the first 1/4 top of every photo. :blackeye:

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock

I've also noticed that if a reply is quoted, I can't see the entire quoted post. I guess I need to change the size of open windows within this board, but I don't know how. :((

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HELP!!!....i can't put any words in the signature box.the words disapear once i click the submit button. :confused:

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Ella,

Did you get my post about the "Local Jeweler" issue. The zip code feature doesn't work, you get an error message.

Richard

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Dancing Fire said:
HELP!!!....i can't put any words in the signature box.the words disapear once i click the submit button. :confused:

It seems to be specific to IE. Please let us know to verify.

If so can you try a different browser like Firefox?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Richard W. Wise said:
Ella,

Did you get my post about the "Local Jeweler" issue. The zip code feature doesn't work, you get an error message.

Richard

Hi Richard,

It should be good now.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock

Hmm... I think my questions are being overlooked....

1.) will the scrolling issue be fixed (i.e the website should auto select the width for each browser and we shouldn't have to scroll sideways to read each and every post.

2.) I miss being able to see "all topics posted by user" now I can see all the replies, but something you want to only see the topics they started... am I missing that, or is it not included any longer?

Thank you!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Hi,
Sorry if this has already been asked / covered - I didn't spot it but there are so many pages here I may have missed it. My signature appears when I look over my profile, but when I actually post in a thread, it doesn't show up (at least I can't see it). My question is therefore does anyone else see it (it just says customer service associate, DBL) and if not, how do I 'activate' it?

Thanks!

Jen

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi,
I wasn't able to post all day with Internet Explorer, but finally was able to with Google Chrome.

Now I notice that no matter how many times I've posted today, my post count remains frozen at 3,288. Not a huge deal, but annoying. Can anyone please help? Thanks.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

rhbgirl24 said:
Hmm... I think my questions are being overlooked....

1.) will the scrolling issue be fixed (i.e the website should auto select the width for each browser and we shouldn't have to scroll sideways to read each and every post.

2.) I miss being able to see "all topics posted by user" now I can see all the replies, but something you want to only see the topics they started... am I missing that, or is it not included any longer?

Thank you!

Hi rhb,

They are not being ignored but have already been answered in this thread.

The scrolling issue may be because you are using Internet Explorer-is that correct? We are working on that issue but it seems to be ok with other browsers. Please let us know if you are having trouble with another browser.

We are working on getting the all topics button back.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Laila619 said:
Hi,
I wasn't able to post all day with Internet Explorer, but finally was able to with Google Chrome.

Now I notice that no matter how many times I've posted today, my post count remains frozen at 3,288. Not a huge deal, but annoying. Can anyone please help? Thanks.

As we've been discussing there are some issues with IE. We are working to fix them as soon as possible.

We will look into the post count and see what is going on there. Thank you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results