carat
color
clarity

New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

Ella said:
Those who cannot see photos. Please go to MY PAGES---MY ACCOUNT---and BOARD PREFERENCES make sure the button is clicked that says to show photos on the forum.

Checked the preferences and it still didn't work in IE 8 (I'm running Vista Home Premium 64bit with the latest update to IE8)

This is a test of html pictures

get_convo_image2.jpg

And a test of attached pictures using IE 8

family portrait235.jpg

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

The photo I attached to the post above is visible in my IE8 along with the HTML inserted picture.

But I still can't see old attached photos using the same browser

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

davi_el_mejor said:
The photo I attached to the post above is visible in my IE8 along with the HTML inserted picture.

But I still can't see old attached photos using the same browser

We are working on it but it will not be instant. Please try another browser for now if you can.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Do pictures still have to be under 100kb like before?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

davi_el_mejor said:
Ella said:
Those who cannot see photos. Please go to MY PAGES---MY ACCOUNT---and BOARD PREFERENCES make sure the button is clicked that says to show photos on the forum.

Checked the preferences and it still didn't work in IE 8 (I'm running Vista Home Premium 64bit with the latest update to IE8)

This is a test of html pictures

And a test of attached pictures using IE 8

I am also using IE 8. I can see images in html like those that davi-el-mejor just posted, but I cannot see the images uploaded onto the old syste, -- they are red X with a jpg name.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

I noticed that my most recent posts from the topic "Dear Waterlily" in the Hangout are missing. I spent a lot of time and research on those posts. Can you tell me why they didn't migrate over to PS 2.0 or is information still being downloaded?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

When I click on links it takes me away from pricescope, it used to open in a new tab as per my firefox preferences.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock

My screen size is too big horizontally and forces me to scroll left/right to see an entire post. (even ones without oversize pics) I can't seem to find a setting to fix it. Please help. (Using Firefox and having no other problems)

btw-LOVE the "attachments" in our personal pages. It's awesome that we can go right to a pic that we've uploaded!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock

Everything seems to be working fine on Safari! I can see all the pictures perfectly, including the ones in this thread.

I think the posts I posted in the last couple of days have been lost but they weren't so important anyway ;))

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

somethingshiny said:
My screen size is too big horizontally and forces me to scroll left/right to see an entire post. (even ones without oversize pics) I can't seem to find a setting to fix it. Please help. (Using Firefox and having no other problems)

btw-LOVE the "attachments" in our personal pages. It's awesome that we can go right to a pic that we've uploaded!

The page loads to big horizontal for me as well, thus left/right scrolling firefox

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

Testing to see if I can post a pic... DSC00304%20Woody%201.jpg

I can only post a pic that is in the small square that opens up when I click on Img. I can't enlarge the page or scroll through my images. What am I doing wrong?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

VapidLapid said:
somethingshiny said:

The page loads to big horizontal for me as well, thus left/right scrolling firefox

Ditto, using Chrome on Windows XP.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Thank you for letting us know about the screen issue.

To keep the thread manageable PLEASE do not post ditto, me too, etc. If a problem has been posted we will work on it. Thank you!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock

In the previous version when I looked at any user's post history, there was an option to "view topics made by user" or "view all posts made by user". I personally would like to see that option back.
ETA, thanks!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

davi_el_mejor said:
Ella said:
Allison D. said:
I'm not seeing posted photos.

Can you please tell us what browser and type of computer you are on? We can all see them so there must be something different.

Hi, I'm having the same problem, I'm using IE 8.0.6001.18928, on vista home premium.

Here is what I am seeing on ie 8.0.7600.

pricescope pictures not.jpg

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Please remember that this thread is for PROBLEMS ONLY. Suggestions should be made in the suggestion box as always.

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock

I'm having problems resetting my password using the automated form on PS2. I was able to create a new account (antelope1), but I haven't been able to reset the password to my old account (antelope). I checked the junk filter -- is it possible that PS 2.0 isn't sending out the PW reset emails? I've been waiting like 4 hours for this thing to come in...

Thanks!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

antelope1 said:
I'm having problems resetting my password using the automated form on PS2. I was able to create a new account (antelope1), but I haven't been able to reset the password to my old account (antelope). I checked the junk filter -- is it possible that PS 2.0 isn't sending out the PW reset emails? I've been waiting like 4 hours for this thing to come in...

Thanks!

It is possible. I apologize and we will look into it.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock

I can see these new attachments of the colored stones, but cannot see the pictures in the SMTR forum

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

somethingshiny said:

Does CONTROL - (minus key) fix the problem? It did for me.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can see photos in Google Chrome but not in Firefox or IE.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

In case anyone is wondering which posts are lost. . .

I did a little searching and it appears that anything posted July 3 or July 4 is gone.

The screen capture below is from Hangout's very active "I just wanted to say - Random Comments Tread".
See how the date jumps from July 2 to July 5?

0ps2picture.png

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

Under My Pages > My Forum Activity, there is a section entitled "Basic Violations" with two threads listed. Did I do something wrong in those threads, or did the threads themselves do something wrong? Clicking on them gives a message about not being authorized. Not sure if I should be worried or not!

Thanks!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

sillyberry said:
Under My Pages > My Forum Activity, there is a section entitled "Basic Violations" with two threads listed. Did I do something wrong in those threads, or did the threads themselves do something wrong? Clicking on them gives a message about not being authorized. Not sure if I should be worried or not!

Thanks!

It is probably a fluke and we will look into it.

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock

Ella,

What does it mean when it says trade by your name??

Thanks a million!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

Not loving the military time. Can we go back to how it was??

My most active topic is Calling all the Pregnant PS'ers...

What is listed as most active was almost 6 years ago...

Many thanks, and am happy to see the new 2.0. I just have to get used to it, LOL!! :cheeky:

appletini

Ideal_Rock

In the old version when I subscribed to a thread I would receive emails with the content of the posts. Today when I subscribed to a thread I received an email with a link to the post but it did not contain the content? Is there a setting I can change? Its nice to able to easily keep up through email, espcially if I can only check with my blackberry.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

It appears that all new post notifications are sent from [email protected] - shouldn't we use a generic pricescope email?

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock

I can't see any pictures. Period. I'm using I.E. 8

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results