carat
color
clarity

New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

Hi Ella,

I chose the option to remain logged in, as I did before when I signed in yesterday. Something like remember me. But when I revisited later on in the day and again this morning, I noticed that the reply and quote options did not show on the individual replies to the topic, so I chose the reply option at the bottom left of the page which jumped me back to my edit profile page. It said welcome Steel so I was/am logged in but when I went back to hangout to post the same thing happened. This went on for a while until it said log in to PS at the top of the page instead of welcome steel so I clicked that, assuming I had been bumped out. But it brought me straight back to my profile page all logged in, again saying welcome steel.

After a number of tries I went to edit preferences (or something like that) and it asked for my username and password again then it brought me to a forum page and I could post away.

Is this a glitch or should I go there every time to double log in, if you get me? Does the remember me not work for all privileges?

I am on a very slow connection and am pretty sure im using Internet Explorer 8.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock

Maybe I'm just missing something, but I don't see a "log off" option. Can someone let me know where it is?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have no issues viewing the full posts and pictures on my other PC at home which has a newer version of IE. Does that mean that I’m “doomed” to put up with this cut off posts and pictures with my older IE version that I use on my other PC during the day or will this eventually be resolved?

steph72276

Ideal_Rock

Hi! I can't seem to log on from my phone...it just says " 400 Bad Request". Is there something I need to do?

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

Lynn B said:
somethingshiny said:
My screen size is too big horizontally and forces me to scroll left/right to see an entire post. (even ones without oversize pics) I can't seem to find a setting to fix it. Please help. (Using Firefox and having no other problems)

Does CONTROL - (minus key) fix the problem? It did for me.

Thanks Lynn B.
That fixed it for me
:appl:

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

Why am I listed as a TRADE person? and how do I switch this off?

While I would love to be working in the jewellery trade, at the moment thats not the case (although if I ever win the lottery........ :twirl: :bigsmile: )

Steel

Ideal_Rock

To turn off TRADE:

I think this might work. Go to your profile; I click on Welcome XXX (whatever your name is) on the uppermost righthand side of the page. This brings you to your profile page.

Go to EDIT ( you may be asked for your password again; but I don't know as I am already logged in there today)
Go to TRADE PERSON and un-tick yourself.
Then hit SUBMIT.

Does that work?

Steel

Ideal_Rock

duplicate

ETA:

Hahaha. I love that it now says v.e.r.y. c.l.e.a.r.l.y how many times you edit. I am going to be sooooo shamed by that. I often sneak into a post to cover up my terrible spelling. You will catch me red handed now :oops: . <- a blushing egg head

BTW: It says (before I clicked this) I had edited two times where I had tried to delete once, then edited to say duplicate. SO this is technically edit #2, but perhaps the attempted delete counts as edit #1. Not that it matters...

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

Steel said:
To turn off TRADE:

I think this might work. Go to your profile; I click on Welcome XXX (whatever your name is) on the uppermost righthand side of the page. This brings you to your profile page.

Go to EDIT ( you may be asked for your password again; but I don't know as I am already logged in there today)
Go to TRADE PERSON and un-tick yourself.
Then hit SUBMIT.

Does that work?

Thanks Steal. I've done that now. Hopefully it worked.

ETA: Yay - It worked!

Steel

Ideal_Rock

You are very welcome.

Note: Deleting posts

I tried to delete my second post but by the time I got there and clicked confirm you had replied to my post quoting me. So I got an error message saying I could not delete a post which had been replied to. So there you go. You can't delete your own post IF somebody has already quoted you. I like that. But apologise for my duplicate.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

chrono said:
I have no issues viewing the full posts and pictures on my other PC at home which has a newer version of IE. Does that mean that I’m “doomed” to put up with this cut off posts and pictures with my older IE version that I use on my other PC during the day or will this eventually be resolved?

I had the same issue as you Chrono. Last night I swapped to Google Chrome and seeing the pictures was fine. This morning I have tried IE again and the pictures are there

Ella, I have a question. The hyperlink symbol seems to have disappeared. Do you have plans to re-instate this feature?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

MAC-W said:
Lynn B said:
somethingshiny said:
My screen size is too big horizontally and forces me to scroll left/right to see an entire post. (even ones without oversize pics) I can't seem to find a setting to fix it. Please help. (Using Firefox and having no other problems)

Does CONTROL - (minus key) fix the problem? It did for me.

Thanks Lynn B.
That fixed it for me
:appl:

I have customised my view at 115% and it fills the whole page, no scrolling issues at all.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

Ella,

I notice that some pictures are larger than 100kbs. Is there a new size limit?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

Ella,

The previous version of PS allowed you to click on the last post in a thread. I don't see that here. Am I missing something?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

Gailey said:
Ella,

The previous version of PS allowed you to click on the last post in a thread. I don't see that here. Am I missing something?

Next to the name of the last poster you'll see a white symbol (piece of paper with an arrow). If you click on that, it will bring you to the last post.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

Links continue to navigate away from PS rather than opening in a new tab. Will this be fixed or am I the only one?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

tourmaline_lover said:
Do we no longer have the ability to choose avatars that move, like a flash file? My avatar used to move. Thanks! This is probably not an important question, but I was curious.

I think this might be a bug TL because if you take a look at your profile page your cube is doin' it's thing.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

Kismet said:
Gailey said:
Ella,

Next to the name of the last poster you'll see a white symbol (piece of paper with an arrow). If you click on that, it will bring you to the last post.

Duh! (Insert Gailey slaps head smilie!). Thanks Kismet.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

VapidLapid said:
Links continue to navigate away from PS rather than opening in a new tab. Will this be fixed or am I the only one?

In the meantime, you can do this yourself by right clicking on the link. It should give you the option of opening the link in a new tab or window.

acatalyst

Rough_Rock

is it just me or are the diamond searches not as good as they used to be. I used to get more search results on the old website. Everything seems more expensive now...

is it just me?

princesss

Ideal_Rock

I can't see beyond the first paragraph of anybody's posts. It's like I get a teaser of the post, but never see the actual post. Normally I run PS on a smaller window, but even maximized it only shows me a paragraph or so, and I only see the very top of pictures.

I'm running IE on Windows right now, if that makes a difference.

ETA: Okay, I see I'm not the only one. I really hope this gets fixed quickly - everything works smoothly on my Mac, but my work PC isn't very PS-friendly right now.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

Thank you Gailey!

Elle_chris - log out is under "my pages" at top right under the ad

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

How do I browse through a user's past threads? I used to just click on a link that was something like "See all posts by this user" or something underneath their avatar but now when I click on a user's name I just see their most active thread, their latest thread, and stuff like that. No option to browse their past topics posted.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

I just started a thread in hangout. I typed a whole post and tried to add a photo. Once I posted the photo all my text had disappeared.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

When I have been away from my computer or whatever, I have to LOG OUT of pricescope and then back in or it won't let me post - it says I need to log in but when I go to log in it just shows me the cehrabehra info page. I have to manually log out and log back in.

Just sayin' :)

cluelessguy_2010

Rough_Rock

anyone know why i couldnt log on with my old username and password?? i tried to have password reset and nothing came to my email...i had to sign up with a different email address...i want my old account..how do i log in with my old info?

cara

Ideal_Rock

I have an issue with the tab menu in the header bar when I set PS to the font size I would prefer. The 'Forum' tab ends up all the way on the right (making it impossible to select things in the pricescope cafe submenu, as that goes off the screen to the right) and the other tabs go up into the advert banner. If I reduce my font size then everything looks normal, but I then find the forum text too small for comfortable reading. Is it possible to keep the tabs in the correct place with the larger font size? Or allow the pricescope submenu to open up on the left side of the forum drop-down menu when the forum tab is on the far right of the screen?

CaraProblemHeader.jpg

Beacon

Ideal_Rock

I can see the photos this morning - YAY!!

TBjumper

Shiny_Rock

Add me to the list of PS that can't scroll with in a post. :errrr: I can scroll the entire screen, but am only getting the "teasers" for each post. Oh and the weird side ways scrolly thing is happening on my IE as well.

cluelessguy_2010

Rough_Rock

i would love if pricescope would respond to my support emails or to this thread....i cant log in under my account...had to start a new account with an alternate email address to be able to post to find out why i cant log in under my old account..i would like to still use that account.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results