New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

davi_el_mejor said:
Ella said:
Allison D. said:
I'm not seeing posted photos.

Can you please tell us what browser and type of computer you are on? We can all see them so there must be something different.

Hi, I'm having the same problem, I'm using IE 8.0.6001.18928, on vista home premium.

Me too.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

Too much scrolling. I don't have the time for it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

I just heard from mrssalvo. She can't log onto PS2. She has emailed, etc.. When she tries to log on, it says invalid name and password??

She really wants to be here, so am hoping this can be figured out soon.

Many thanks,
Lisa

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

One reason we have to scroll so much is all that wasted space on the left and the right.
Below is a screen capture from my 17" MacBookPro.
(The 17" is a diagonal measurement - The screen is 14.5" wide.)

Out of 14.5" only 9" is the PS2.0 image; the other 5" is wasted white space, 2.5" on the left, and 2.5" on the right.
Over one third of the screen is wasted space; which means we have to scroll more.

If they could make PS take up the whole screen, left to right, we wouldn't have to scroll so much.
Plus, if they moved the name, date and those 4 reply buttons (not to mention the redundant threat title) to the right or left into that wasted space we'd be scrolling even less.

ps2wastedSpace.png

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

Just looked to see who's online... 5 members. Monday night at 8:20 PM. I know it's after a Holiday but am thinking many must be having a hard time logging on??

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE TO SCROLL LEFT TO RIGHT TO SEE THE WHOLE POST(S)... or who have a lot of *wasted* screen space, like Kenny mentioned...

Have you tried CONTROL - (minus sign)? I had the same problem when I first logged on, but doing CONTROL - (minus sign) two or three times *shrank* the whole forum down so that it now just nicely fills my monitor screen.

FWIW, I am using Firefox.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kaleigh said:
Just looked to see who's online... 5 members. Monday night at 8:20 PM. I know it's after a Holiday but am thinking many must be having a hard time logging on??

Kal, now that you mention it, I was gong to tell you via PMs but since we don't have them . . . uhm . . . would you care for a breath mint? :oops:

:bigsmile:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

kenny said:
Kaleigh said:

Kal, now that you mention it, I was gong to tell you via PMs but since we don't have them . . . uhm . . . would you care for a breath mint? :oops:

:bigsmile:

HA!!! Good one! :tongue:

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock

CNTRL (-) and (+) does alter the screen size horizontally, but to fit the entire screen on one "page" left/right, the font get too small to see. (and too much wasted space) I'm hoping there's a better fix?

btw-Thanks mods and others for taking the time to troubleshoot while still putting on the finishing touches.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

somethingshiny said:
CNTRL (-) and (+) does alter the screen size horizontally, but to fit the entire screen on one "page" left/right, the font get too small to see. (and too much wasted space) I'm hoping there's a better fix?

Hmmm, interesting. It is working perfectly for me. ????
*shrugs!* ;))

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The only thing I can't see is attached photos. I'm on my PC, IE8.0, XP Professional. I just realized that I'm the only one on line :???: .

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

When we're logged in to PS, does the site time out after a certain amount of time, as it did before? It didn't time out for me today, as it usually does. I had trouble finding the log out button earlier today, and when I came back after being gone all day, I expected to have to log back in. Instead, I discovered that I was still logged in. I did eventually find the log out button (it's under "My Pages"), but I was surprised that I was still logged in after so much time.

slg47

Ideal_Rock

a few things...

1) the kerning on the top (topic title) is sort of awkward IMO (the letters are too spread out)

2) are stickies still stickied?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

When I do a SEARCH, it will bring up thread(s)... but when I click on ANY of the threads listed, I get an error message saying, "PAGE NOT FOUND".

Can anyone successfully search AND bring up the old (desired) thread?

Thanks,
Lynn

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

Lynn B said:
When I do a SEARCH, it will bring up thread(s)... but when I click on ANY of the threads listed, I get an error message saying, "PAGE NOT FOUND".

Thanks,
Lynn

Search doesn't work because the code is duplicating the base URL and a relative URL.

For example, all the search results have the following format:
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.pricescope.com/forum/post#.html">https://www.pricescope.com/forum/post#.html</a>#p#

If you delete the first set of https://www.pricescope.com/forum/, it will work.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

My signatures don't save. Any ideas? I see it working for others.

Another problem - the post dates and times seem to be off? I see dates showing up as July 6 - I guess it isn't adapting to my timezone?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

CharmyPoo said:
Lynn B said:

Thanks,
Lynn

Search doesn't work because the code is duplicating the base URL and a relative URL.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.pricescope.com/forum/post#.html">https://www.pricescope.com/forum/post#.html</a>#p#

CP, thanks a million! That's good to know! It's a bit of a pain, but at least it's do-able!

Ella, will this eventually be fixed?

Thanks!
Lynn

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

I have an inch of empty space on both left and right, and the screen is the exact width it needs to be so there's no scrolling back and forth..still seems like the space could be used.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CharmyPoo said:

Another problem - the post dates and times seem to be off? I see dates showing up as July 6 - I guess it isn't adapting to my timezone?

Charmy I can't get mine to stick either.. tried to tag it but it doesn't even save.

Ella one other q - when you click "reply" and then click "quote" it doesn't auto-quote the post you're replying to, to do that you must "quote" from the thread - is this the intended function?

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

I am really digging it!!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

Like sillyberry, I have a few threads listed under "Basic Violations" on my forum activity. They all look like threads that were deleted in the past (though I don't think I was ever the reason for that! At least, I've never gotten notifications about anything like that, which I assume I would have if it was an issue...). Maybe they are archived somewhere instead of being truly deleted? I'd say it's a low-priority problem, but I'm sure people have bad memories about some of them and wouldn't like to see them listed.

Thanks for all you're doing, Ella and Andrey!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Thank you everyone for letting us know about these issues. We are looking into all of them. I want to assure you that we are on top of the picture issues and are working towards a solution.

Please keep the thread for new issues so we can view it and solve them more easily.

For those who are having trouble logging in-please email me at [email protected]. Let me know if that email is not working but I have received emails today from other members. I will do my best to get them logged in again as soon as possible.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

yssie said:
CharmyPoo said:

Charmy I can't get mine to stick either.. tried to tag it but it doesn't even save.

Ella one other q - when you click "reply" and then click "quote" it doesn't auto-quote the post you're replying to, to do that you must "quote" from the thread - is this the intended function?

We are looking into the signature issue. As for quoting, yes you must use the quote button. We will see if we can add the other feature to hit reply to quote but it will not be at the top of the queue until we get the actual problems fixed. :))

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Lynn B said:
CharmyPoo said:
Lynn B said:

Thanks,
Lynn

CP, thanks a million! That's good to know! It's a bit of a pain, but at least it's do-able!

Ella, will this eventually be fixed?

Thanks!
Lynn

Hi Lynn-as I said earlier in the thread Andrey is working on indexing the search. Then it should work as usual. If we had indexed it prior to launching the website we would have been totally down for a few days which we knew no one would have wanted.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Spacing and Scrolling We are aware of both issues and will try to fix both issues in the near future. The scrolling issue in part is due to the new information under the avatar. We are hoping to redesign the way that is formatted to make the minimum post length shorter. This would create less scrolling. We are working on it. :))

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ella,
Thanks for addressing these issues. You and team PS are doing a great job!!! I just wanted to say thanks!!! :appl: :wavey:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Do we no longer have the ability to choose avatars that move, like a flash file? My avatar used to move. Thanks! This is probably not an important question, but I was curious.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

Ella said:
Hi Lynn-as I said earlier in the thread Andrey is working on indexing the search. Then it should work as usual. If we had indexed it prior to launching the website we would have been totally down for a few days which we knew no one would have wanted.

Hi Ella - are we sure this is an indexing issue? I would guess that if the forum wasn't indexed - we wouldn't be getting any results. We are getting results but the links are misformed. It looks like the code already has the base url but it is included again when forming the search results link.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

CharmyPoo said:
Ella said:

Hi Ella - are we sure this is an indexing issue? I would guess that if the forum wasn't indexed - we wouldn't be getting any results. We are getting results but the links are misformed. It looks like the code already has the base url but it is included again when forming the search results link.

He said he was reindexing also but I may be using the term incorrectly here. He does know about the search issues and is working on them all.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ella said:
Those who cannot see photos. Please go to MY PAGES---MY ACCOUNT---and BOARD PREFERENCES make sure the button is clicked that says to show photos on the forum.
i can't see any photos and i don't see the option on windows XP. :confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results