shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with Tiffany ring

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you everybody. I’m going contact them and try to cancel it. I know it will bother me for the rest of my life if it’s not real.

Last question how trustworthy this one

https://loupetroop.com/listings/rin...mond-engagement-solitaire-ring-10-dollars-990

It’s quiet low price for the piece and it also missing original paperwork. But I found this one in links on here

It's hard to see the ring, but Tiffany certificates have a blue border with the Tiffany blue unless this has changed. The seller's report is on generic white paper. Even if they now use generic white paper (seriously doubt it), the seller's ring is older so I am pretty sure it should have the blue border (you can call and ask). The seller says it is a copy of the original report, but the Tiffany blue border should still be in the photocopy but just show up as gray. I am not the expert here, so its best to call Tiffany and check on their current certificates. If you want to see an example of the blue border certificate, go to @SimoneDi 's earlier post of the Tiffany ring from the PSer.. see the certificate with the blue border? This is the link from the loupetroupe posting to the seller's etsy listing... go to the photo with the certifcate with the blue border: https://www.etsy.com/listing/585946...g-vs1-platinum-diamond?ref=shop_home_active_1

Oh, and one more thing... the seller says you can re-dip the ring with rhodium to make it look new. That would imply her ring is white gold. A big no... Tiffany's white metal choice is platinum which by the way, you do not need to re-dip, ever.

By the way, do you have to have a Tiffany? If yes, have you thought about getting a new Tiffany? $10K is a nice budget, and you may need to make some comprises, but you will get a Tiffany if that is your priority. If not, then there have been some great suggestions on other non-Tiffany diamonds. And if you want a Tiffany style setting, I think Vatche makes a good one... There are definitely experts here on PS that can help you with the setting and even help you find a great stone.

I wish you find your dream ring soon! Best wishes to you!

Last edited:

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh... I forgot one more thing... if your heart is set on a Tiffany...
Since you're going on vacation and will drop by Tiffany, you can call ahead and have them bring in some rings in your price point/specs. Some boutiques carry a lot of rings while others don't, so it's best to call ahead to make your visit productive and look at the rings you are interested in.

Just an idea... hope this helps.

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi again! Sorry... last last thought and I will stop posting here.. I have had too much coffee today as I am on U.S. Eastern time and wide awake!

Your boyfriend was a sweetheart to purchase you a Tiffany. He knew it was your dream ring and he wanted to make you happy. What a thoughtful person. I am sure this will all work out, and I wish you and him much happiness together.

Last edited:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I did some digging; I found an old thread of the original owner and she purchased the ring preloved and was asking questions about authenticity. Since the documentation included is a “replacement” I guess there is chance for it to be legit especially considering that it was from 2008, but you will need to ask her more questions if you are really interested in the ring. Old thread here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ize-and-authentication-costs-policies.213982/

OP I think that you need to decide what is important to you.
Do you want the “Tiffany Experience”?
Do you want the Tiffany setting?
Is your heart set on finding a pre-loved piece so you can get a larger stone?
Or would you be satisfied with a ring that looks close to the T&Co. solitaire?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I would buy a Tiffany replica Ering from a PS recommended vendor, personally IDJ for best bang for your buck, while saving a good chunk of money for a Tiffany wedding band!!! I have found that as time goes on (especially after kids) I'm FAR more likely to just wear a band than to wear my whole set. Tiffany has some of the BEST band settings and some stunning original designs if you want something more unique.

Der3ka

Rough_Rock
I can’t figure how loupetroop works. I sent message (I think ) to seller but no response so far. Could you please navigate on how this eBay listing looks (yes ebay again can’t figure that other web site works. even tho I loved ring)
Does this one looks trust worthy ? Certificate said there’s laser engraving on the diamond. Could it still be fake ? Omg I’m so lost

I’m sorry again for all the questings but I never owe jewelry. Don’t even wear earrings and this is the only piece I hope I will owe one day.
  1. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/302768145062

Der3ka

Rough_Rock
I want Tiffany experience. As I said that would be the only Tiffany piece I owe so it might as well be real and what I was dreaming of since 17 years old. I might sound silly. :(

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t figure how loupetroop works. I sent message (I think ) to seller but no response so far. Could you please navigate on how this eBay listing looks (yes ebay again can’t figure that other web site works. even tho I loved ring)
Does this one looks trust worthy ? Certificate said there’s laser engraving on the diamond. Could it still be fake ? Omg I’m so lost

I’m sorry again for all the questings but I never owe jewelry. Don’t even wear earrings and this is the only piece I hope I will owe one day.
  1. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/302768145062
That eBay seller does not accept returns. That's a deal breaker in my book for anything that costs more $$ than I'm willing to kiss good-bye.

Der3ka

Rough_Rock
What about eBay buyer protection ? Since they don’t accept return. ? I don’t know how that works

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Tiffany "experience" cannot happen via eBay or loupetroop. You might get a Tiffany, but the sales associes wont fawn over you and whatever else the experience entails. I'm with the others. Get a great rock and tiffanyesque setting online (with help from PSers) then go to Tiffany for a band and the "experience ".

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*** I don’t have it yet and seller offer 14 days no questions ask return my question is if I take it somewhere to get authenticity will jeweler be able to tell if it’s real Tiffany or not ? I don’t know anything about diamonds so it’s really hard to me.
Thank you so much in advance. Love & hugs
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/283006027474

:cry2:
I’m concerned my friends :( Very concerned othervise I wouldn’t be here. Yes it was off eBay thru PayPal. So still gets about same protection since it was a detailed invoice. More likely I will be returning this ring and once I get it I will post very detailed pictures which I’m more likely won’t even be needed because I’m convinced it’s fake. Oh well lesson learned. My plan is to stop by Tiffany since we going on vacation anyway and asked to be cleaned. More likely will get denied. Oh well learned lesson now. Thank you everybody for you help it was just last piece for me because I already had doubt. Sad sad panda :( :cry2:
I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but your BF lost a big advantage by making this an "off eBay" purchase. Had it been an eBay purchase, the vendor would have been obliged to honor the 14-day, no questions asked, return & refund policy stated in the listing.

Unless the off-eBay purchase paperwork includes that same refund policy, you're now relegated to pursuing a "significantly not as described" charge-back request. Which means you'll have to spend time and money rounding up an appraisal that declares it is not a genuine Tiffany ring or, e.g., it's not made of platinum.
What about eBay buyer protection ? Since they don’t accept return. ? I don’t know how that works
Same hurdle as with a charge-back request via PayPal, although I've seen comments on the Internet that pursuing an eBay Buyer Protection claim is faster, and perhaps tends to favor the consumer more than going through the charge-back routine with PayPal.

Der3ka

Rough_Rock
It was PayPal purchase. Money is back already. There was everything described and everything. So there was no problems getting money back.
I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but your BF lost a big advantage by making this an "off eBay" purchase. Had it been an eBay purchase, the vendor would have been obliged to honor the 14-day, no questions asked, return & refund policy stated in the listing.

Unless the off-eBay purchase paperwork includes that same refund policy, you're now relegated to pursuing a "significantly not as described" charge-back request. Which means you'll have to spend time and money rounding up an appraisal that declares it is not a genuine Tiffany ring or, e.g., it's not made of platinum.

Same hurdle as with a charge-back request via PayPal, although I've seen comments on the Internet that pursuing an eBay Buyer Protection claim is faster, and perhaps tends to favor the consumer more than going through the charge-back routine with PayPal.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Absolutely laser engraving can be fake! Nefarious people go through a lot of trouble to create fake pieces intended to fool buyers. You must be really savvy to buy an authentic Tiffany (or any branded) piece used/preloved.

I think you need to slow down and hold off on looking for your ring and focus on getting all your money back from the original purchase. That would be my focus at this point. Take some time and consider and look and all your options before you jump into purchasing.

May I suggest that when you go on vacation that you go into the Tiffany (and make an appointment like Miki Moto suggested!) store and try on some rings and bands? It's fun to try things on, especially with your BF!

Edited to say, YAY that you got your money back!!!! Make sure it's actually in your account, lol!!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was PayPal purchase. Money is back already. There was everything described and everything. So there was no problems getting money back.
I'm confused. PayPal gave you a refund even though the ring is on its way to you, had not been returned to the seller?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm confused. PayPal gave you a refund even though the ring is on its way to you, had not been returned to the seller?
I think OP requested a refund.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want Tiffany experience. As I said that would be the only Tiffany piece I owe so it might as well be real and what I was dreaming of since 17 years old. I might sound silly. :(

OP, why don’t you go to a Tiffany store and see what your money will buy there. You don’t seem to be particularly concerned with the size of the stone, I think you just want the Tiffany ring, might as well get the real thing. Tiffany also has an upgrade policy, so years in the future you can always upgrade to something larger.

A couple of ways to save at Tiffany:
1. Buy from a state with no sales tax. I need to look again at the list, by one of them is Oregon and they have a store. I am not sure where you are located, but you can always make a trip out of it vs spending the money on tax.
2. Tiffany offers a 10% discount for veterans and people on active duty. Maybe you have a family member?
3. You can purchase discounted gift cards online. @WillyDiamond was selling some recently. Listing here: https://loupetroop.com/listings/other/250-dollars-tiffany-gift-cards

I think that you should really think this through and not rush your decision. This is an important and expensive purchase. If you have always dreamt aboit T&Co. ring and don’t want to pursue other options, don’t compromise on your dream now.

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It is not silly at all! And if you want Tiffany, nothjng else will work!

If you want the full Tiffany experience, I hear it’s quite fun (I did not do it personally), but you get champagne and all that good stuff.

Ok... if that’s what you want, you should get it! As this will be your only Tiffany, may I suggest to go to the boutique and get a new one? I think being new to jewelry shopping, there is a big risk you may get a fake online. I read over 90% of Tiffany rings on eBay are fake so this is something to seriously think about.

Buying from the boutique gives you so much more in the future... free ring cleaning and inspections without you having to worry everytime you take it in, resizing, certificates, and best of all... if and I know it’s a big if since you are not even married yet... longer down the road, if you decide to upgrade, you can just trade in your ring for a bigger one. They will have you on record.

I would definitely call the store and tell them your specs so they can bring a ring.

Ok... and while we are talking Tiffany... the rings now come with the brand new Tiffany blue boxes. You will not see them with older rings as this box only came out a few years ago. Another nice little “experience” for you! =)2

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6C0EE8F7-B144-4640-A200-A318964074F3.jpeg 13DAE378-BBC9-4DE9-B6B5-DE48A11F7D49.jpeg

=)2 Here is the new box to entice you to considering a new Tiffany.
I love these boxes! seriously considering buying something just to get the box :D Speaking of, what did you purchase?

P.S. Sorry for the side conversation here!

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
=)2
I love these boxes! seriously considering buying something just to get the box :D Speaking of, what did you purchase?

P.S. Sorry for the side conversation here!

I have not bought anything recenrly. For this new box, I was looking to upgrade my e-ring and the SA offered to clean my current ring while I was looking at the new rings. He then said... do you have the new box? I said no... my ring is old and I have the older box. He then whips out a new box and says “here, this is for you”. It was so nice of him. I did not even ask for one.

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you got the money back already, whew! So the seller didn't ship it out yet?

Your newest ebay listing looks decent, but I would prefer this seller, who at least offers 30 day returns:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/TIFFANY-CO...EMENT-RING-1-04-CT-I-VS1-14k-NEW/163076124325

They seem to deal exclusively with used high ticket items, and although I question how in the world they got so much stock (150 Tiffany solitaires!!) it does seem genuine (maybe @Miki Moto can check as well).

Please do more research first though! If you've never tried on any in store, how do you know your preferred carat size? Or color, for that matter? Definitely try on stuff to your heart's content before the purchase (will also give you a better feel of what's 'off')!

I just bought a Tiffany solitaire off ebay as well (literally JUST, still waiting for package to arrive!), and while I took all precautions and grilled the seller with any questions I had, there's still a chance it won't be real when it arrives. That's always a risk when you don't buy in-store. I would hate to have to deal with that headache on vacation, so I'd wait to make the purchase when you're back home with no rush.

BTW upgrades at Tiffany can only be done within 5 years and must be double the price, and they will clean and service your ring for free even if you buy it second-hand. I (obviously) think second-hand is a viable option but you REALLY need to do your research and be careful. I saw a buttload of obvious and also some very good fakes online.

Also that is a very nice ring box and if you value the experience then it might be worth it to you to get new! Would definitely be a sweet memory. :)

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
=)2

I have not bought anything recenrly. For this new box, I was looking to upgrade my e-ring and the SA offered to clean my current ring while I was looking at the new rings. He then said... do you have the new box? I said no... my ring is old and I have the older box. He then whips out a new box and says “here, this is for you”. It was so nice of him. I did not even ask for one.

Ah that is so wonderful! I am glad you gave one of the pretty new boxes now:) always wondered why the T&Co inner boxes were not blue.

Btw OP, I just remembered of another recent thread where the poster was wondering if she should purchase new/old, brand/non-brand ring and in the end she ended up purchasing T&Co. here is the post: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-user-with-indecision-problem.239922/page-3

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@SimoneDi I want to clarify but I am sure you already know this... you get a blue box with a fine jewelry purchase. I have recently purchased some silver pieces but with silver, you only get the pouch.

Der3ka

Rough_Rock
Absolutely laser engraving can be fake! Nefarious people go through a lot of trouble to create fake pieces intended to fool buyers. You must be really savvy to buy an authentic Tiffany (or any branded) piece used/preloved.

I think you need to slow down and hold off on looking for your ring and focus on getting all your money back from the original purchase. That would be my focus at this point. Take some time and consider and look and all your options before you jump into purchasing.

May I suggest that when you go on vacation that you go into the Tiffany (and make an appointment like Miki Moto suggested!) store and try on some rings and bands? It's fun to try things on, especially with your BF!

Edited to say, YAY that you got your money back!!!! Make sure it's actually in your account, lol!!

As I said earlier I already got my money back. No worries there :)

Der3ka

Rough_Rock

She was supposed to ship ring tomorrow and I just told her not to do it. She said it’s perfectly fine I will refund you right now. 10 mins later money was back. So I didn’t had to involve PayPal customer support or anything. And since ring hasn’t been shipped yet it was really easy

Der3ka

Rough_Rock
OP, why don’t you go to a Tiffany store and see what your money will buy there. You don’t seem to be particularly concerned with the size of the stone, I think you just want the Tiffany ring, might as well get the real thing. Tiffany also has an upgrade policy, so years in the future you can always upgrade to something larger.

A couple of ways to save at Tiffany:
1. Buy from a state with no sales tax. I need to look again at the list, by one of them is Oregon and they have a store. I am not sure where you are located, but you can always make a trip out of it vs spending the money on tax.
2. Tiffany offers a 10% discount for veterans and people on active duty. Maybe you have a family member?
3. You can purchase discounted gift cards online. @WillyDiamond was selling some recently. Listing here: https://loupetroop.com/listings/other/250-dollars-tiffany-gift-cards

I think that you should really think this through and not rush your decision. This is an important and expensive purchase. If you have always dreamt aboit T&Co. ring and don’t want to pursue other options, don’t compromise on your dream now.

I want at least a carat. .99 not an option for me :( Tiffany with 11k budget I wouldn’t find it. Unfortunately

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
. She was supposed to ship ring tomorrow and I just told her not to do it. She said it’s perfectly fine I will refund you right now. 10 mins later money was back. So I didn’t had to involve PayPal customer support or anything. And since ring hasn’t been shipped yet it was really easy
WHEW, happy you lucked out :))

Der3ka

Rough_Rock
Also thank you for 10% vet discount. I didn’t know it. My boyfriend is veteran. Is it only for retired veterans or for all of them ? He got dd214 but doesn’t have military Id

Der3ka

Rough_Rock
Closest Tiffany store is 400 miles away from me at least :(((((

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results