shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with Tiffany ring

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Der3ka My only advice is this: Please don’t jump just because it says Tiffany & Co.

Tiffany is incredibly good at one thing and that’s marketing a product to make money. Just because it has the name doesn’t mean it’s the best. Some Tiffany diamonds will be better “performers” than others, so you do want to look at cut, as well as the angles to try to get a sparkly beauty. I would hate for you to buy a diamond just for the T&Co. name stamp and be underwhelmed by the diamond itself.

I have been sitting on my hands this whole thread because I know the OP wants Tiffany....but I wish she could see the Vatch U 113 setting with a Whiteflash ACA or similar.....it looks identical except the diamond sparkles more and has more fire! And she could get so much more size! Then go to Tiffanys for the band!

1.43 ct https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3947711.htm
1 ct https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3986324.htm

Last edited:

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have been sitting on my hands this whole thread because I know the OP wants Tiffany....but I wish she could see the Vatch U 113 setting with a Whiteflash ACA or similar.....it looks identical except the diamond sparkles more and has more fire! And she could get so much more size! Then go to Tiffanys for the band!

1.43 ct https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3947711.htm
1 ct https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3986324.htm
Oh, absolutely! She’d get a much more beautiful diamond of higher quality for the same price. But I think she wants the name, which is fine. Like I said, Tiffany has done an incredible job with marketing themselves.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Oh, absolutely! She’d get a much more beautiful diamond of higher quality for the same price. But I think she wants the name, which is fine. Like I said, Tiffany has done an incredible job with marketing themselves.

Agreed. When I started looking for my upgrade, I went to Tiffany just to have a look see, with no intention of purchasing simply because of their mark up. I had always assumed that their mark up was at least in part due to the superior cut and performance of their diamonds, but boy was I wrong. I am not implying that Tiffany doesn't sell beautiful diamonds, but what I learned is that they also sell diamonds with very sub-par cuts and a consumer looking for a superior cut diamond still needs to vet their stones to ensure quality cut. I was offered a 1.72 ct, I, VS1 stone with less then ideal/triple ex specs for upwards of $33k. I ended up using the the information here to vet diamonds from other vendors and ended up with a 1.85 ct, G, VVS2, GIA triple ex with ideal specs in a Tiffany inspired setting for half the price. And several of my friends mistook it for a Tiffany! I quickly corrected them LOL

What I've learned is that for some people the name and the implied quality that comes with it is more important that the actual quality. Don't get me wrong, I love and own plenty of luxury items and am fully aware of the premium I paid for their brands, but IMO, for the mark up of their diamonds, I would expect Tiffany to vet all their stones and only sell elite, top performers. But the heart wants what the heart wants...and some hearts want that Tiffany name.

To the OP, good luck finding your perfect Tiffany! And please update with pics when you find it.

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DE90C9A4-2D25-4EEC-B2F5-9930492382C5.png
Glad to know you are going to Tiffany. It would be a good to look at an authentic ring.

One comment about the eBay ring you have chosen. There is a D in front of the carat weight as part of the etching inside the band. I assume the D stands for “diamond”. My ring does not have that “D” nor does the one suggested by @Bron357 eBay one. I assume you already noticed this difference, but just in case not, I want to point it out.

Here is what I mean. This one has no “D” but the ring you choose does. Just be sure to verify.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
F03D8F41-5230-47B5-93D9-F68F2E050837.png 854543E4-715B-42E8-A5E0-8BA289A8AE60.png F0786F39-7116-4698-BEA5-139F1F646912.png 7061B97F-9C64-4FD9-BA91-6D19195D742A.png Little update if somebody still here. I finally made a call and went with @Bron357 suggestion. It’s 1.18 for 9995. Comes with paperwork and return policy. This is ebay pictures of it. ❤️
Congratulations.
Don’t forget to post up photos :appl::appl::appl:

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to you! I’m so happy you got your Tiffany!

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
congratulations!!!! Please come back and share pictures and your thoughts when it arrives!

Der3ka

Rough_Rock
8F55D205-B17A-4474-BCC0-F1E54730BA2D.jpeg CEF43BEB-3310-4A56-8E12-9B75BD78988E.jpeg Ok ladies I was busy and finally got time to post pictures. I love love love my ring. Haven’t done separate appraisal yet but to me it looks authentic. Beautiful ring. Very white color. Beautiful

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
=)2

I have not bought anything recenrly. For this new box, I was looking to upgrade my e-ring and the SA offered to clean my current ring while I was looking at the new rings. He then said... do you have the new box? I said no... my ring is old and I have the older box. He then whips out a new box and says “here, this is for you”. It was so nice of him. I did not even ask for one.

Hmmm, I wonder if I took my Tiffany fancy yellow in, if they would offer me a blue box? I have the old black box. We bought my ring while on vacation in Carmel, CA. I forgot to check the laser inscription against the Tiffany paperwork so I took it into their San Francisco store. It matched, but it is weird that they inscribe on one of the crown facets and not on the girdle. I wonder why?

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, I wonder if I took my Tiffany fancy yellow in, if they would offer me a blue box? I have the old black box. We bought my ring while on vacation in Carmel, CA. I forgot to check the laser inscription against the Tiffany paperwork so I took it into their San Francisco store. It matched, but it is weird that they inscribe on one of the crown facets and not on the girdle. I wonder why?

I am sure they would give you a new box. Take your ring in the boutique so they can see your ring, have it cleaned or something, and my guess is they will give you a new one (I think it's best to chat with an SA as my SA just whipped out one from the cabinet and gave it to me... nothing fancy and I just put it in my bag!). I never use any of my boxes, and all mine are the old black ones except for this one. I must admit, this little blue guy is quite cute. =)2

Your fancy yellow sounds beautiful... I looked at fancy yellow as a right hand ring (I only want to wear the classic white diamond on my left hand), but it looked odd to me so I did not purchase it (fancy yellow Soleste). Do you wear yours on your left hand or right? You have so many rings to choose from!

To my knowledge, Tiffany lasers the crown, not the girdle. And it is super tiny, like 30x? I can't find it using my 10x loupe, and when I asked to see it once at the Tiffany store, it took two people to find it.

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh... so happy for you!!! The photo looks like the end to a beautiful romantic movie! You should frame it as a photo!

Congratulations to yo both! I wish you both much happiness!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! So happy that you got exactly what you wanted. Congratulations on your engagement.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous photos - I hope your friend is making a business of photography!! :love:

Congratulations on your engagement and beautiful ring :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results