shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help: halo hesitation!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
redfalconx|1357307623|3347070 said:
Hey all, thanks for all your quick responses. I am hoping to make the order today, so all your prompt replies are greatly appreciated!

I asked IDJ about the claw prongs and the exposed culet. Here is what they said:

"I can do the claw prongs for you. However.. Please note the picture on the james allen site is just a cad mock up. In order to see the culet I have to set the diamond really low and that would not look good from the top view. I will do my best to make both worlds happy."

I think they'll try to make something as close to perfection as they can with all that I'm asking. Also, they said that smaller stones in the melee would show more metal. So I'm fine with 1 pointers.

Unless there are any other suggestions, I'm going to go ahead and make the order in a couple hours. Thank you all so so much!! I don't even know how I can ever thank you enough.

:appl: :appl: :appl: That's great news! It sounds like you're in good hands. And I'm glad you're going with the 1 pointers, you definitely want more diamonds showing than metal. And the larger melee will add a bit more finger coverage. Be sure to come back with pics once the ring is completed!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh great! Im glad youre pulling the trigger. We could gab all day about minute details but at the end of the day you have to get a finished product. And I think this is absolutly fantastic. Especially when considering the budget constraints.
Please do post pics when its finished I really cant wait to see.

Your gf will love . And if she knows your budget she wont be expecting anything this nice :)

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I wish I had chimed in sooner, but it seems with time you made the right decision despite some nay sayers. IDJ is amazing and they will do whatever they can to make you happy. The stone they recommended with the halo with the 1 pointers will look STUNNING! And personally, that'll give you the biggest look! Congrats on your decisions and you'll have to come back with pictures!!! Good luck with your proposal!! :appl:

redfalconx

Rough_Rock
Thank you to everyone! You have all been more than helpful. I will post pictures once I have them.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good job!! I think the one pointers are the right choice. Can't wait to see the finished ring, she will LOVE it!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a saga! I'm so glad he called IDJ. I just know it's going to turn out great and can't wait to see the pics!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
04diamond<3|1357311664|3347134 said:
I wish I had chimed in sooner, but it seems with time you made the right decision despite some nay sayers. IDJ is amazing and they will do whatever they can to make you happy. The stone they recommended with the halo with the 1 pointers will look STUNNING! And personally, that'll give you the biggest look! Congrats on your decisions and you'll have to come back with pictures!!! Good luck with your proposal!! :appl:

nay sayers???

isekii

Rough_Rock
I met with Yuketiel from IDJ and have nothing but positive things to say about him. His prices are phenomenal and no sales pressure whatsoever which made me feel comfortable.

For me if I didn't find the stone from JA, He would've been the next person I would've gone to.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Christina...|1357555245|3349307 said:

nay sayers???

Just about the 1pts on the halo. And not going with IDJ. I'm always for more bling! And I love bigger stones in the halo.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
04diamond<3|1357575322|3349478 said:

nay sayers???

Just about the 1pts on the halo. And not going with IDJ. I'm always for more bling! And I love bigger stones in the halo.
I dont think anyone was saying it wasnt going to be great especially for the budget. We were just nit picking based in personal preference. Like we tend to do ;-) :lol:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
nielseel|1357576362|3349491 said:
04diamond<3|1357575322|3349478 said:

nay sayers???

I dont think anyone was saying it wasnt going to be great especially for the budget. We were just nit picking based in personal preference. Like we tend to do ;-) :lol:

This is whats great about PS is that there are many people here with varying opinions and experiences with the freedom to express them! :))

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
THIS IS GOING TO BE SO BEAUTIFUL :love: :love: I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICTURES :appl:

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, come back with pics! Its been fun to read about your journey!

Boogins

Rough_Rock
Any updates OP? I can't wait to see this ring!

redfalconx

Rough_Rock
Not yet. But I'll be receiving it today! I'll have pictures up some time next week.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I think you've made a fantastic effort and look forward to seeing your pics!
Isn't great you came to PS! :wink2:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You get it today and we have to wait all week :( ;-)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
nielseel|1358181281|3355257 said:
You get it today and we have to wait all week :( ;-)

I'll be impatiently waiting as well!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it the end of the week yet :confused: :lol:

redfalconx

Rough_Rock
Hey all,

Sorry this is way overdue. Thanks for all of your help and patience, not to mention putting up with me. Seriously, you have been amazing.

Oh, and she said yes! (As if there was ever a doubt.)

img_1064.jpg

img_1062_0.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks just fabulous and huge on her tiny hands!!!!!!!
Its almost like a cluster ring. I really like how it turnef out

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! :appl:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
It looks great!!!!!!!! Congrats :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang, that's gorgeous!!! I bet she was absolutely blown away when she first saw the ring!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
redfalconx|1360601399|3377530 said:
Hey all,

Sorry this is way overdue. Thanks for all of your help and patience, not to mention putting up with me. Seriously, you have been amazing.

Oh, and she said yes! (As if there was ever a doubt.)

img_1064.jpg

img_1062_0.jpg

Absolutely fabulous! And congratulations! Wishing you MUCH happiness!

I went back and reread some of the thread. I am completely blown away you got this done under $2K! Amazing what IDJ can pull off! If you get a chance, please add it to the fabulous e-rings under $5K thread so others who may need inspiration on a budget can see what is possible!

ETA- I saw Nielseel posted it over there for you! Thanks Nielseel!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omygosh, this is absolutely gorgeous and looks perfect on her hand! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results