shape
carat
color
clarity

My PS Gift: FINALLY! My Amelia ring. Pad by Richard Wise, Setting by Leon Mege.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, it''s delicate. Love how you recount your experience with this project, an interesting read.

legra

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful and looks lovely on you - love the delicious color of the pad, love the gorgeous Leon setting! What a special piece for you and your daughter - hope you both enjoy it.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
SW
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
N!

Miss Amelia is quite the lucky girl!!!

Congratulations...she''s a beaut!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
very elegant!! the color of the pad is droolworthy!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you violet3, Alj, packrat, novel, aprilbaby, sh07, littlelovely, canadaham, monkeypie, cushioncutnut, kismet, april20, cind11, rhbgirl24, cdt1101, chrono, NEL, risingsun, LindaW, jcrow, diamondseeker, geckodani, D&T, catmom, luv2sparkle, bliss, freke, divadiamond, megeve, burk, poshpepper, Curlygirl, flygirl, ckrickett, coda, bobo, ebree, tourmalinelover, Tacori, Maisie, princesss, MTG, VRbeauty, fierypyropixy, ericad, snlee, hlmr, LtlFirecracker, Goodsoul, Deelight, Arcadian, Holly, Deco, Lynn, katebar, Lovinggems, legra, vc10um, and Amethyste for dropping in and saying nice words!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 2:48:02 PM
Author: Allison D.

Date: 10/9/2009 2:45:11 PM
Author: TravelingGal
OK, had to take ONE pic on a toy of some description.
Tgal, I have to say you''re having GREAT success in getting the camera to capture BOTH the pink and orange colors of the stone. I find that to be one of the most challenging things about photographing pads.

The color in this stone is just perfection.
Thanks Alj! And honestly, none of these pics are the color I see IRL. Freaky.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 3:06:04 PM
Author: Linda W
T-gal I am so glad you figured it out. Your ring is perfection in my eyes.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Ha, thanks Linda. NOW WHERE ARE YOUR HAND SHOTS????
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 3:19:21 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
I am so glad that you came to this happy conclusion. I say if you have to look real hard to see it, then it is not worth freaking out about! Based on the cut of the stone, it makes total sense to me how it was set. It is sheer perfection from what I can see!

.....and after reading what you said, I was stuggling with a few details concerning my custom made sapphire ring from Dimend Scaasi. My stone is also a native cut, the prongs are not even............and YOU can see this right away, and my stone does have a tilt window too. Not sure if any setting could change the tilt window?? I took it to a jeweler and she louped my ring and felt that it was a ''masterpiece''. She also expressed that claws are extremely hard to do and match up consistantly with the others especially on a native cut stone...........and even more so if they are double claws! So that made me feel good to have her approval on it. I have learned totally not to sweat it at this point. Your ring really is a MASTERPIECE and I think Amelia will be over the moon to wear that someday!!!
I''m glad my post helped cushioncutnut. Yes, it was interesting to see how it all played out. I would have never really thought much about the native cut affecting the final setting. Is your ring posted on PS?

My last thoughts of the day on this is that Leon is still Leon. I love the product and had no issues with him, but he certainly didn''t alert me in advance of the prong issue. What if I hadn''t figured it out? Then I would have called him and depending on my delivery, may have gotten a nice, educating answer or an impatient one.

Which really leads me to believe that custom (especially handmade) stuff isn''t meant to be scrutized at a loupey, macro level. I wore the ring all this afternoon, and it was perfection.

That''s why I''ll use it him again. I said nothing in the process, and everything is at the right height, the right proportion, etc etc without any specification from me. Everything looks balanced. Having seen so many rings on PS over the years, I understand that is no easy feat. I expected nothing less from Leon from seeing so much of his work and I was not disappointed. I would have been shocked if I was.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 3:34:38 PM
Author: luv2sparkle
absofreakinglutely you should post more pictures of the box. You said your gorgeous ring was just a Leon average five stone ( Oh so beg to differ), but for
crying out loud how many PS''ers actually got a cool box? Only one that I can think of! You rate girl!!!!!

Your ring is ''make me want to cry'' gorgeous.
Ha, I don''t think of myself that highly and it looks to some degree that my "A" choice was right in the sense that everyone is getting these boxes going forward. At least the box is no longer a reason not to work with the guy!

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
TravelingGal:

Your ring is gorgeous. It turned out really well. The prong issue is not noticeable at all. You were smart to let Leon do his thing. The classic 5-stone setting is perfect for your lovely pad and will never go out of style. The half moon diamonds go really well with the oval center stone. I love the color of your pad. It has just the right mix of pink and orange. Amelia is a lucky little girl to have this ring one day.

I understand what you mean about sending a check to Leon without even seeing a picture of the ring. I had to do the same thing with my spinel ring. I felt a bit foolish and crazy, and I would not have done it if I hadn''t seen so many lovely Leon rings on Pricescope. Leon must have upgraded his boxes as another Pricescoper posted a ring received today with the same box that you got.

Enjoy wearing your ring.

AN

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 7:51:23 PM
Author: decodelighted
WOWZA!!! (to repeat Bliss''s sentiments) Hummina hummina hummina. Ah-
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
-ga.
23.gif
27.gif
36.gif

So -- are you going to wear it as a stand-in Ering? I mean, it looks so perfect there! Have you tried it on w/you wedding band???

And...box? It should have come with a t-shirt that says ''I Survived My Leon Mege Ring Experience!''
9.gif

Congrats!!!!!!!!!
It will stand in for now, until I lose the baby weight. It looks terrible with my wband because it looks very industrial (almost pipe cut, but with a beveled edge). I''ll wear my beaudry on one hand and this on the other for now.

Ooooh Deco, let''s start that T-shirt company...because people still are using Leon and we''ll be rich! (Well, not rich, but perhaps it can fund a blingtastic project or two!)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 9:21:16 PM
Author: Lynn B
OHDEARLORD, TGal, don''t DO THIS TO ME!!! I have never been much of a colored stone kind of a girl... I have always been able to smugly cruise right on by the COLORED STONE forum... I have been so CONTENT just loving diamonds!!!

AND NOW YOU GO AND DO THIS???!
23.gif

Ohmyword. That stone, and that setting are positively STUNNING!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I LOVE IT!

BUUUUT... if you have started a colored stone obsession with me, I will have to HATE YOU!!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Lynn, ha! I saw your thread over on CS and will comment over there. But I''m not a CS gal yet. I still prefer diamonds, although I admit, this ring is prettier than I thought it would be.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 11:51:30 PM
Author: Art Nouveau
TravelingGal:

Your ring is gorgeous. It turned out really well. The prong issue is not noticeable at all. You were smart to let Leon do his thing. The classic 5-stone setting is perfect for your lovely pad and will never go out of style. The half moon diamonds go really well with the oval center stone. I love the color of your pad. It has just the right mix of pink and orange. Amelia is a lucky little girl to have this ring one day.

I understand what you mean about sending a check to Leon without even seeing a picture of the ring. I had to do the same thing with my spinel ring. I felt a bit foolish and crazy, and I would not have done it if I hadn''t seen so many lovely Leon rings on Pricescope. Leon must have upgraded his boxes as another Pricescoper posted a ring received today with the same box that you got.

Enjoy wearing your ring.

AN
Yup, maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks and get him to finally send out decent boxes. Who knew?

Well, if you''re crazy, I''m happy to be in good company. You have impeccable taste and I am flattered you like the ring!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Its amazing and I love it!

kimchi

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! Delicate and sturdy at the same time! Enjoy!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Omg, the color is gorgeous! Your ring is stunning!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, TGal!!
30.gif
30.gif
Congrats to you and yr daughter.

Another Leon masterpiece!
36.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2009 1:07:22 AM
Author: kimchi
Gorgeous! Delicate and sturdy at the same time! Enjoy!
This is EXACTLY how I feel about Leon''s pieces.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring
30.gif
30.gif
, another Leon Masterpice

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was waiting to see this, TGal! Gorgeous piece, and the setting is exceedingly stunning.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It''s really lovely T-GAR. Your padparadscha is such a warm/soft ballet slipper pink--a beautiful piece for your daughter. :)
Appreciate your comments too. It''s fun to throw caution to the wind sometimes. I''ve sent stones to be set with *very minimal direction, and in those cases, I''ve been the most pleased.

Enjoy!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Truly beautiful. I love the color of the stone and the style of the setting!

fire_works

Rough_Rock
What a deliciously elegant ring!!!
30.gif

That centre stone''s color is absolutely stunning...the setting, TDF--combined together...perfection.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
...nicely done!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh T-gal! Your ring is absolutly amazing! Leon did an amazing job and I''m so happy you love it! I''m really digging Leon 5-stones, they are so clean and timeless, that''s going to be the perfect heirloom piece for Amelia
9.gif
Congrats lady! Wear it in good health
1.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Like a strawberry in champagne - gorgeous!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 11:43:13 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 10/9/2009 3:06:04 PM

Author: Linda W

T-gal I am so glad you figured it out. Your ring is perfection in my eyes.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Ha, thanks Linda. NOW WHERE ARE YOUR HAND SHOTS????
2.gif

I KNEW you were going to say that, ha ha ha ha ha
9.gif
12.gif
26.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its so beautiful, it came out superbly well and I don''t think you could have a more beautiful setting for that stone! Just lovely!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my!! I love his 5 stone rings!!! Congrats to you and your daughter!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow...I''ve never seen anything like this before. It reflects orange and pink color at the same time, sooooo gorgeous. Whats a Pad by the way? Whatever it is it is so gorgeous and looks sooooo good againts your skin color.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results