shape
carat
color
clarity

MY PENDANT CADS ARE HERE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
gaaaaahhhh!!! I have been waiting for this!! It is so beautiful! I can''t imagine how excited you must be! I totally want this pendant!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so here is the unfinished casting. It''s more substantial than the finished piece because of all of the polishing that will go into it and obviously all the lines and the seams and what not will be gone.

I just thought this was so cool to watch the progress from CAD, to WAX print, to Actual Casting.... and to finished product at the end of the week
31.gif
! I had to share!

GYPPendant-cast.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its so exciting seeing the cads then the waxes then the final piece! I am really looking forward to neck shots!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Hi gypsy! Even the wax mold looks fantastic
36.gif
. If you''re planning to live frugally for a while, I could definitely see the wax as a ''conversation starter''.
9.gif

I haven''t done anything about my princess reset. I kept all the pictures you sourced so that when the time is right, I''ll have something ''concrete'' to show the jeweller who''ll do the job.
35.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s another of the finished casting.

And Brian promised me a couple of pics of the melee by tomorrow because I am so excited I finally get some (formerly known as ACA by Brian Gavin) Brian Gavin Signature Diamonds that I wanted som pics of them un-set (so I could admittedly drool over them!).

GYPPendant-cast (2).jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for including us in the process.

So how fun is this???

36.gif
18.gif
36.gif
18.gif

Even the wax looks gorgeous!
36.gif

Can't wait to see the finished product, it's going to be amazing!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 1:47:43 PM
Author: Gypsy

And Brian promised me a couple of pics of the melee by tomorrow because I am so excited I finally get some (formerly known as ACA by Brian Gavin) Brian Gavin Signature Diamonds that I wanted som pics of them un-set (so I could admittedly drool over them!).
Oooh I posted before you showed that last picture! I showed my husband, (well you never know - he might want to buy me a pendant one day lol!) and he said its going to be really blingy.

I know a lot of people were worried when Brian left WF because they thought they might not get his gorgeous diamonds anymore, its a relief to know they are still available! Its right they are called Brian Gavin diamonds because he should get the credit for them! He was always the name behind the diamonds anyway!
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

W00T!!!! I can''t wait to see pics of your ''lil blingers!! That pendant is going to be out of this world gorgeous!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you Paula (I hope you do get one! I''d love to have a bunch of PSers all enjoying one of these!!), I''m TOTALLY excited. I had a BAD case of the Mondays, and then BAM I opened up my email and those delicious wax pics were there. And now I''m all better!

Thank you Maisie... I can''t wait either. Gonna have to start asking John to hunt down the camera so I don''t get crucified for camera phone pics!

3.gif
I hope you get one too! It is gonna be blingy! Just what I asked ofr!
27.gif

Hi Isaku, I know, wouldn''t it be so cool to have the wax? I would totally get it framed in a shadow box! It matches my home decor. All the yummy orangey goodness! I can''t wait to see what you decide to do with your re-set!

SuzyQ-- oh it''s been the most fun! Working on this project with Brian and Lesley has just been a blast. They are so professional, but warm and sincere, you know? And I love the fact that they just have no issue getting on the phone themselves and chatting with you to answer your questions!

Gecko! I know! I can''t wait to see the melee pictures either. I''m so freaking thrilled!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s another of the UNfinished pendant right after the casting.

Sorry had typos I had to fix.
2.gif

OH BTW... we did make some changes to the pendant. Nothing major, but we opted for 14K white gold instead of palladium and the pendant is now going to have a pin at the back so that I can wear it as a broach too if I want.
35.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 2:17:55 PM

Here''s another of the UNfinished pendant right after the casting.

Sorry had typos I had to fix.
2.gif

OH BTW... we did make some changes to the pendant. Nothing major, but we opted for 14K white gold instead of palladium and the pendant is now going to have a pin at the back so that I can wear it as a broach too if I want.
35.gif
What a great idea!
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What made you decide on WG over Plad?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was fine with either or, intially. I just said, "white metal" lol. But once we started taking about it the pendant is going to be high polish metal and I can be rough on my jewelry, even though this is going to be a pendant and I didn't want to have it nicking up and scratching and getting dull too quickly then have to worry about re-polishing at a strange jeweler. My first engagement ring setting was 14K WG and it really held up very well and was so low maintenance, and since the pendant shouldn't have the plating issues that a ring would (not going to wear it everyday, etc), I just thought it would be less maintanence when all was said and done. I can send it in to BGD if it ever needs maintanence that way, and know that I won't have to do it often (if ever) and deal with shipping, etc. My platinum setting is high polish and I'm averaging every six month between polishing, and so John's Palladium band. While I don't mind the patina on my rings, it would bug me on a pendant of this design.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 2:33:35 PM
I was fine with either or, intially. I just said, ''white metal'' lol. But once we started taking about it the pendant is going to be high polish metal and I can be rough on my jewelry, even though this is going to be a pendant and I didn''t want to have it nicking up and scratching and getting dull too quickly then have to worry about re-polishing at a strange jeweler. My first engagement ring setting was 14K WG and it really held up very well and was so low maintenance, and since the pendant shouldn''t have the plating issues that a ring would (not going to wear it everyday, etc), I just thought it would be less maintanence when all was said and done. I can send it in to BGD if it ever needs maintanence that way, and know that I won''t have to do it often (if ever) and deal with shipping, etc. My platinum setting is high polish and I''m averaging every six month between polishing, and so John''s Palladium band. While I don''t mind the patina on my rings, it would bug me on a pendant of this design.
I wear my knicked palladium as a badge of honor.
2.gif

Oh wait, no, I just haven''t found a jeweler I trust to polish out my klutziness.
20.gif
9.gif

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! Gypsy, you would be okay with that!? Seriously, I really, really love it and would buy one in a heartbeat! My DH and I just started a Biggest Loser contest between the 2 of us, and he has his prize all picked out. I think THIS is the motivation I needed to kick his hiney! Haha!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my
30.gif
even the immediate post-casting is ridiculously gorgeous. I can''t wait to see the finished pendant in a neck-shot!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,

You know it's going to be a stunning piece when the wax and unfinished cast make you go *WOW*. I can't wait to see it polished and filled with diamonds.
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Paula, I'm totally and completely fine with it! Why wouldn't I be? Brian and Lesley know it too. So just reach out to them for a qoute if you are interested. I think it's the PERFECT motivator, and I hope you WIN the challenge!

Gecko... LOL!
21.gif

Musey, It so fascinating. Brian knows that I'm just incurably curious about all these details so he's been great keeping me up do date on it all!

Neither can I Ebree! Thank you honey!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Send over the wax when you''re done. I''ll wear it on a string.
9.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Stunning

Gorgeous

WOW!

I''m sorry but I haven''t read all 5 pages - just jumped straight to the end hoping to see more piccies! What did you decide for a bale? I''ve got a similar substantial pendant and I''ve got a hole in the back of one of the prongs of the snowflake that a chain threads through. The beauty of having it there is that the pendant doesn''t twist and sits nicely on the neckline, weighted down by itself.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 3:31:35 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Stunning

Gorgeous

WOW!

I''m sorry but I haven''t read all 5 pages - just jumped straight to the end hoping to see more piccies! What did you decide for a bale? I''ve got a similar substantial pendant and I''ve got a hole in the back of one of the prongs of the snowflake that a chain threads through. The beauty of having it there is that the pendant doesn''t twist and sits nicely on the neckline, weighted down by itself.

face20.gif
We decided on a hidden bale as well! I just wanted it to float on a chain. All the bales I considered made it too formal of a look and I really wanted this to be an ''all occassion'' piece, KWIM? That''s the reason for the pin/broach conversion as well.

Do you have pics of your pendant somewhere on here??? I would LOVE to see, if you do would you mind linking me?

T-gal... I''m still thinking of framing it in a shadow box and putting it in my hallway. LOL.
9.gif
But I suspect BGD would prefer to keep it, so I haven''t asked about it.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Layla! That thing is stunning! My DH is headed out your way at the end of this week...I should ask him to intercept the FedEx man outside your place!
11.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That makes sense about the white gold. It does hold it''s shine well!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah. Right NF. You do that, and I'll send him back to you in pieces!!!
6.gif
BTW, YGM.
2.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 3:43:13 PM

Date: 4/20/2009 3:31:35 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Stunning

Gorgeous

WOW!

face20.gif
We decided on a hidden bale as well! I just wanted it to float on a chain. All the bales I considered made it too formal of a look and I really wanted this to be an ''all occassion'' piece, KWIM? That''s the reason for the pin/broach conversion as well.

Do you have pics of your pendant somewhere on here??? I would LOVE to see, if you do would you mind linking me?

T-gal... I''m still thinking of framing it in a shadow box and putting it in my hallway. LOL.
9.gif
But I suspect BGD would prefer to keep it, so I haven''t asked about it.
I know exactly what you mean! Good call. I don''t think I''ve ever posted my pendants on here so here are the photos. The first one is a flower design and very heavy. The second is lighter and more prone to twisting but the hidden bale stopped that (it''s 18k white gold with purple diamonds btw).

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the snowflake with purple diamonds. I can only dream how this would look in the same design as yours *deep sigh* :)

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy- It''s just
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
. So exquisite. Can''t wait to see the finished product.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
It''s really pretty, can not wait to see the real one, and some pictures of the pendant in your neck
31.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi LD... how lovely! Do you mind if I ask what the size of each of those is (in mm) and the ctw? The purple stones would look amazing in the Marguerite pendant Brian designed. The orange wax had me wondering if what it would look like with some spess. garnets in there
11.gif
. I think it's a design that would lend itself really well to some color! Your flower pendant is lovely and SO blingy! Wow. I love the hidden bail, it really looks like it's floating on a chain!

Hi China Cat and Gabby! Thank you both! I can't wait either!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that's coming along beautifully!!!

I can only imagine how much it's going to sparkle with all those ACAs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results