shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My New 3.57ctw 3-Stone Diamond Ring!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Jill:

That ring looks PERFECT on your hand. Wonderful proportions and symmetry. It's certainly blingy, but definitely not too much. Don't be self conscious of the bling. You'll get used to the added weight of the diamonds and setting in no time!

We all spend our "piece of the pie" in different ways. I like diamonds, others prefer fast cars, electronics, designer items, home remodels, watches, etc.
Jewelry just seems to be judged by some as frivolous for some reason. I don't know why, maybe because they secretly covet it? :naughty:

Bottom line, your diamonds are beautiful to behold, in a gorgeous setting, and your ring looks perfect on you!

ENJOY!!
:appl: :appl: :appl:

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! The ring is flawless, and it gives you over 3 cts of eyecandy.

Congrats on your upgrade, and enjoy your new beauty!! I am also thinking about a three-stone reset as well.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a big, bold beauty Jill - most definitely covers the top of your finger entirely ::)

Enjoy it! :bigsmile:

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Farleysmom said:
jill_s said:
Farleysmom said:
BUMP...........................More pictures please!!!! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Farleysmom - your wish is my command! By the way, I'm curious from your perspective as well, what kinds of responses did you get when you started wearing around your new three stone? I remember a post you made a while back in a thread I started about how much do you let social circles dictate what jewelry you wear. As I recall, we live similar lifestyles and have similar taste in big, bold jewelry! So, how has that gone for you?

BTW, here's a link to that thread.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-much-do-you-let-social-circles-and-lifestyle-dictate-what-kind-of-jewelry-you-wear.141425///////

Jill_s - thanks for posting more pictures. Your ring looks fantastic. Although our stones are different sizes (my center is a 8.3mm and my sides are 6.0mm each) the look on the hand is very similar and I think the ctw is the same. Your right....I have always worn bold pieces and personally like a substanial, weighty ring. For the most part, people who know me were really happy for me and supportive but I've also received a few snide comments. However, I don't really care what they think as I wear my jewelry for my own enjoyment. To say the least....it has been interesting. I can't tell you how many people (both friends and strangers) have grabbed my hand to see my ring. It did take some time to adjust to the ring (and the attention). Now however, it just feels right. I try not to be flashy in public but at home, in my private moments, I still find myself looking at my ring. I am very glad I did the reset as I absolutely love the look. I am interested to know how it has been for you and how you feel about your reset.

Farleysmom - sorry it's been so long to respond. We've been out of town, and I'm just getting back into my routine today. Well, after wearing the new ring for almost 2 weeks, I LOVE IT!!! The more I wear it, the happier I am that I did the reset. I'm actually really loving the chunkier, sturdy setting. It feels almost indestructable, although the center stone is already loose so it's on it's way back to WF to get fixed. Not sure what happened. I'm sure WF will take care of it, though.

It's beginning to feel very comfortable on my hand. I think this has cured DSS for a LONG TIME. And for what it's worth, when I upgraded my solitaire last year, it seemed huge for the first couple of days, but DSS set in pretty early. There's something about a finger covered in diamonds that just makes me happy!

Because we've been out of town, no friends have really seen it so I haven't yet had to deal with people commenting on it. I'm sure that will be interesting, but I'm starting to feel more comfortable wearing it, so I think any snide comments will be quickly brushed aside. Either way, it doesn't matter, because I'm really happy with how it turned out.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
Thanks for the extras photos! I like the ring on its own best of all, by far. All the others somehow distract from its beauty to my eye!

Dreamer, I totally agree. I much prefer wearing the new ring all by itself. I feel like it looks like a clutter of diamonds on my finger with the diamond bands. The three stone gets lost when paired with another band. It's more of a statement piece when it's all by itself. At some point, I may try on some bands with smaller stones - maybe 3 or 4 pointers - to see how it looks, but I'm in no hurry.

Have you pulled the trigger on a side stone yet? Just a warning, once you purchase the first side stone, your finger will be itching to get that three stone completed so you can wear and enjoy that little beauty!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
SuzyQZ said:
Jill:

That ring looks PERFECT on your hand. Wonderful proportions and symmetry. It's certainly blingy, but definitely not too much. Don't be self conscious of the bling. You'll get used to the added weight of the diamonds and setting in no time!

We all spend our "piece of the pie" in different ways. I like diamonds, others prefer fast cars, electronics, designer items, home remodels, watches, etc.
Jewelry just seems to be judged by some as frivolous for some reason. I don't know why, maybe because they secretly covet it? :naughty:

Bottom line, your diamonds are beautiful to behold, in a gorgeous setting, and your ring looks perfect on you!

ENJOY!!
:appl: :appl: :appl:

Suzy, thanks for your comments. You are right, and you have stated it so simply and honestly. DH and I have made different sacrifices, so I can enjoy my sparklies. And I agree with you, I am definitely starting to feel like it's looking "PERFECT" on my hand!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
platinumrock - thanks for your sweet comment. I do love rocking the 3.5+ carats of bling on my finger!

yssie - thanks! I think you were one of the ones on PS who is responsible for starting the three stone craze! I'm sure glad I jumped on the bandwagon. Now I can see why you needed to keep trying to get your three stone *just right*! Oh, and congrats on your marriage! How are you liking the new wedding band paired with your three stone? ::)

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
jill_s said:
Farleysmom said:
jill_s said:
Farleysmom said:
BUMP...........................More pictures please!!!! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Farleysmom - your wish is my command! By the way, I'm curious from your perspective as well, what kinds of responses did you get when you started wearing around your new three stone? I remember a post you made a while back in a thread I started about how much do you let social circles dictate what jewelry you wear. As I recall, we live similar lifestyles and have similar taste in big, bold jewelry! So, how has that gone for you?

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-much-do-you-let-social-circles-and-lifestyle-dictate-what-kind-of-jewelry-you-wear.141425/////////

Jill_s - thanks for posting more pictures. Your ring looks fantastic. Although our stones are different sizes (my center is a 8.3mm and my sides are 6.0mm each) the look on the hand is very similar and I think the ctw is the same. Your right....I have always worn bold pieces and personally like a substanial, weighty ring. For the most part, people who know me were really happy for me and supportive but I've also received a few snide comments. However, I don't really care what they think as I wear my jewelry for my own enjoyment. To say the least....it has been interesting. I can't tell you how many people (both friends and strangers) have grabbed my hand to see my ring. It did take some time to adjust to the ring (and the attention). Now however, it just feels right. I try not to be flashy in public but at home, in my private moments, I still find myself looking at my ring. I am very glad I did the reset as I absolutely love the look. I am interested to know how it has been for you and how you feel about your reset.

Farleysmom - sorry it's been so long to respond. We've been out of town, and I'm just getting back into my routine today. Well, after wearing the new ring for almost 2 weeks, I LOVE IT!!! The more I wear it, the happier I am that I did the reset. I'm actually really loving the chunkier, sturdy setting. It feels almost indestructable, although the center stone is already loose so it's on it's way back to WF to get fixed. Not sure what happened. I'm sure WF will take care of it, though.

It's beginning to feel very comfortable on my hand. I think this has cured DSS for a LONG TIME. And for what it's worth, when I upgraded my solitaire last year, it seemed huge for the first couple of days, but DSS set in pretty early. There's something about a finger covered in diamonds that just makes me happy!

Because we've been out of town, no friends have really seen it so I haven't yet had to deal with people commenting on it. I'm sure that will be interesting, but I'm starting to feel more comfortable wearing it, so I think any snide comments will be quickly brushed aside. Either way, it doesn't matter, because I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Jill_S: I'm so glad that you're enjoying your new ring! After all, what's not to love. :mrgreen: My ring is quite chunky and sturdy too and I like it as it makes me feel safer with my stones -- especially at work. Still, I find myself checking the claws daily as (gasp) I haven't insured it yet (other than our general house policy). You can bet I'll be contacting Jewelers Mutual soon. Also, I know what you mean about the 3-stone curing the DSS. When I upgraded to a solitaire I was always looking and dreaming of something else. It didn't feel quite right to me. I guess the finger coverage is what I was missing as well. Did you wear your ring while you were away? If so, I bet you had a lot of people noticing the bling.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
I should add this to the real life perspective thread. Here's a pic while DH and I were taking a segway tour last week. I was looking at photos and realized how prominent my new three stone is. From the observer's perspective.

Please excuse the poncho I'm wearing - unfortunately it started pouring on us during the tour. And in case anyone is interested, I highly recommend taking a segway tour if you ever have a chance. It was tons of fun!

IMG_1493.JPG

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Farleysmom said:
jill_s said:
Farleysmom said:
jill_s said:
Farleysmom said:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-much-do-you-let-social-circles-and-lifestyle-dictate-what-kind-of-jewelry-you-wear.141425//////////

Jill_S: I'm so glad that you're enjoying your new ring! After all, what's not to love. :mrgreen: My ring is quite chunky and sturdy too and I like it as it makes me feel safer with my stones -- especially at work. Still, I find myself checking the claws daily as (gasp) I haven't insured it yet (other than our general house policy). You can bet I'll be contacting Jewelers Mutual soon. Also, I know what you mean about the 3-stone curing the DSS. When I upgraded to a solitaire I was always looking and dreaming of something else. It didn't feel quite right to me. I guess the finger coverage is what I was missing as well. Did you wear your ring while you were away? If so, I bet you had a lot of people noticing the bling.

Farleysmom - girl, you'd better get that beauty insured ASAP! I'm a stickler for insurance (worked for an ins co before being a SAHM), and I've already had to use my ins policy for a replacement diamond, so I'm really sold on insuring your jewelry for piece of mind. Yes, I did wear it while I was away, and I noticed a few people eyeing my bling. It made me feel like I was wearing a special piece!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jill_s said:
platinumrock - thanks for your sweet comment. I do love rocking the 3.5+ carats of bling on my finger!

yssie - thanks! I think you were one of the ones on PS who is responsible for starting the three stone craze! I'm sure glad I jumped on the bandwagon. Now I can see why you needed to keep trying to get your three stone *just right*! Oh, and congrats on your marriage! How are you liking the new wedding band paired with your three stone? ::)

Haha trying to get it just right didn't come without a pricetag, unfortunately! Though at the end of the day I think the result was worth the journey, which I suppose is the important thing. Thank you for the wedding wishes ::) I confess, aesthetically I liked my threestone better alone, but it's important to me to wear a wedding band so I chose the most unassuming one that I could, and it doesn't take away all that much IRL, to my eyes. I like the look of yours with your plain band, too :sun:

I did have a thought - if the chunkiness continues to bother you would getting it shaved down a little be an option?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jill I saw you in another thread and wanted to get an update from you now that you have had your ring for three weeks or so! How are you liking it? I love the real life perspective shot, it looks just spectacular.

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
HI JillS,

Wow! I don't know how I missed this one before! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!!! :love: Congratulations.

I see what you mean about the "chunky" setting. I have a three stone Asscher (not as big as yours) and the setting is similar. I go back and forth about resetting, but it is practically indestructible while still showing the stones, so I'll stay put for now.

bg_profile_2.jpg

asscheralone.jpg

My favorite look is all alone--let it take center stage, KWIM? Maybe you can wear the diamond band on your right hand?

Maybe you could wear your diamond band on your right?

Congratulations again--that's one seriously gorgeous ring.

BoulderGal

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
Jill, I love the ring and the corresponding bling! :)) I too love the bigger look and I think it's yummy. And the setting is so secure too!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, that ring has some serious coverage and sparkle. Congratulations and wear that beauty in the best of health.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow!

Classic elegance with finger coverage for days; it's gorgeous!!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
Jill I saw you in another thread and wanted to get an update from you now that you have had your ring for three weeks or so! How are you liking it? I love the real life perspective shot, it looks just spectacular.

Dreamer - thanks for your post and the check in. I saw your msg this weekend, but I didn't have a chance to post. Ok, here are my thoughts after wearing my ring for a few weeks:

I LOVE the finger coverage that a 3 stone provides! While my dream ring would be a 4ct solitaire (never gonna happen but I love a big ol' solitaire...that is just pure class), this ring has great presence and the edge to edge finger sparkle is incredible. I knew my 2.4 J was going to be my forever stone, and I think this is the perfect setting to highlight it. Since I have size 6.75 fingers, I wanted something that would *wow* with the 2.4. It was beautiful in a solitaire, but I'm really thrilled with all the extra sparkle of the sidestones. My favorite part of wearing this new ring is being out in the sun or under spot lighting, my finger looks like it's on fire. 3x's the facets really does provide big sparkle! It's definitely blingier than anyone else in my social circle, but I don't care because I love it. Actually, I've only had a few people ask me about it. I think everyone knows how much I like my sparklies, so they're just used to it, I guess? I still look at it and think that it's *just right* for my finger. I do think the DSS urge has subsided. And if this had to be my forever and ever ring, I would be ok with that. It feels good to actually feel that way!

As for the setting, I would say that I'm 90% happy with it. It's well made, but it's still chunkier than I was expecting. I'm definitely more used it to now as compared to when I first got it, and it feels comfortable to wear. The center stone came loose a couple weeks after I received it, so I sent it back to WF for repairs. I considered having them shave down the setting a bit, but I was afraid that the lines/edges of the ring would be too sharp (if that's even the right word) and not as contoured after the shaving, so I opted to keep it as is. In the end, I now wish I had paid the extra $300ish to go custom in the first place and get exactly what I wanted. Since I was going to lose some $$ on the return, I didn't feel like it was worth doing after the fact. I'm the only one who will ever notice it, since the diamonds are covering the top half of my hand anyway.

All in all, I LOVE my three stone. It makes me really happy to look at my ring, and I get a lot of enjoyment from wearing it. I still love the idea of a halo (have always loved those too), but I think I'd be hard pressed to give up my three stone.

Hope that helps. Anything else you want to know? Just ask!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Bouldergal - your three stone is beautiful! I think I read that the setting was from Blue Nile? It looks exactly like mine! It's hard to justify the extra money for a reset, because the ring is very secure!

Anne, Steal, and LTP - thanks so much for your sweet comments. I'm really loving the new ring!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a few more WF glamour shots...thought I'd add them because their photography is so amazing!

wfglamour3.jpg

wfglamour2.jpg

wfglamour1.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Beautiful photos!!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! It looks great on your hand.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Laila619, diamondseeker2006, and Burberrygirl - appreciate your compliments! Thanks for posting!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I am revisiting your post. Your ring is gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results