shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My New 3.57ctw 3-Stone Diamond Ring!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hello bling! Wow that's a beautiful beautiful three-stone - the proportions are perfect and it looks great on your hand!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very substantial and Stunning! Beautiful! and Congrats!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Natylad, AutumnNovember, sandyandisaac, Laila, tyty, bright ice - Thanks so much!

reader - yes, it is quite blinding in the car. I only wore it for a few minutes on the way home from picking it up at FedEx, but I love catching the sunlight while driving.

junebug17 - thanks for your comments about being classy and elegant. That honestly was the look I was going for.

vespergirl - thanks! I'm not sure if I'm going to wear a band with it. Right now, I'm thinking no. When I was looking into resets of my solitaire, I wanted something that could stand on it's own in case I just wanted to wear one ring. I have issues with frequent had swelling (just a little too much salt intake and my hands blow up), so it's just more comfortable to wear one ring. Maybe one day, I'll get a beautiful eternity like yours to pair with this. And I'm LOVING your reset! ::)

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Farleysmom said:
WooooooHooooooo!!!!!!!! Welcome to the 3-stone club. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Your ring is "TO DIE FOR". It looks gorgeous and amazing on your hand. :love: :cheeky: :love: I'm sure you'll get used to wearing it very soon! It gives you great bling factor. That baby is going to get a LOT of attention. Please post a lot more pictures!!!!

Farleysmom - I've been drooling over your three stone pics for the past few months as I've been planning my own three stone. I really love the proportions of your ring, and I was "inspired" by how much hand coverage you got with your reset. I really wanted something that covered the entire top of my finger, and I definitely got that! I am loving it more each minute that I wear it!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
dawnabee, mocha, sparklyOEC, Venice - Thank you for your sweet comments!

lucyandroger - love your three stone as well! I just can't get over the finger coverage.

OCmom3xboys - the ring is a size 6.75. I have sausage fingers and I hate for my rings to be tight. I feel like I have man hands compared to some of the delicate hands of other ladies here!

starryeyed - appreciate your comment. I feel like it was made for my hand as well! And I can't get over how white these Js are. Honestly, my diamond looks less tinted now that it's in a three stone vs. my solitaire before. I'm not sure if it's the huge sparkle, but they do look much brighter to me!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
Good lord woman! I was scrolling through the glamour shots and the first rpofile shots and was like, "Oh pretty, very nice..."

And then you got to the first hand shot and it was like BAM :shock:

I love it. I can totally see how it takes some getting used to. The presence on your hand is SPECTACULAR! The setting is definitely "chunkier" than the legato and other custom made pieces (I believe that setting is a stock casting, like my current solitaire). YOu will get used to it, the substantial look means it also feels more sturdy and you don't worry about banging it around a little ;)) If you wanted, in the longer term, I am sure WF could thin the shank.

Now 1) I want some pictures with your diamond band!

And 2) Remind me, what are the measurements of the center and sides? I am loooooving the proportions!

And 3) Has this finally given you the look you are after for your ring?

Dreamer - I was hoping you'd see this post. I hope this helps you on your quest towards the perfect three stone! Honestly, I knew the finger coverage would be good when I was putting this ring together and deciding on side stones, but I'm really surprised with *how much* of my finger real estate is covered! When DH came home tonight and saw it, he was like "Wow! I'm blinded from the bling!" Understated this is not!

As for the setting, it is actually a signature WF design, not a stock piece. I verified this before I ordered it, because I wanted the baskets custom made for my stones. It has a really nice heavy weight to it, but I'm not exactly sure I'm *loving* the chunkiness. I had a slight freak out moment when I first opened the box, because it just wasn't what I had imagined. Like you mentioned, I do like the sturdiness of the setting and that it's practically indestructable. As you can imagine, it's a night and day difference from my previous legato solitaire!

1 - I will get pictures with my diamond band tomorrow when we hopefully will have some sun. Although, I'm not sure I'm going to wear a diamond band with this, at least not my diamond band. Something just doesn't look right. Plus, it's almost too much bling (if that's even possible)!

2 - Measurements of stones - Center is 8.65mm, sides are 5.4mm (approx. 62% ratio). Honestly, I wouldn't go bigger on the side stones and I could have gone a little bit smaller and still been happy.

3 - Yes, I think this is the look I wanted (minus the chunky setting). I really wanted a ring that would stand alone without a band. I love so many styles (my other favorite is the halo), but I really like the bigger sparkle that comes from larger side stones rather than a small melee halo. Three stones, to me, look classically married, and I want to be a classically married girl!

So, have you made any other progress on your three stone? What color side stones are you looking at? FWIW, I can't tell the I vs. J difference once they were set, and I could tell the color difference when they were loose.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love chunky - bring it on!! :love:

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
texaskj, SandyCheeks, alene, Dani, tigian, marcy, B.E.G., and D&T - I really appreciate your compliments! It's been fun getting used to wearing this new ring. Thanks so much!

motownmama - thanks for the chunkiness vote of confidence! I'm still not sure, but it's definitely growing on me!

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
WOW that is great bling! I love the presence on your hand. Enjoy and welcome to the 3 stone club

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
This three-stone is a TRUE classic. I love the proportions. Congrats! :appl:

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Jill, your ring looks perfect on you! I love the contrast of the 2.40 with .59 sides, it really makes the center pop. It is gorgeous. Comfort fit bands are wonderful. Congrats on your new super bling.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
More later, but one thing to think about is that if it is not a custom setting, you could always exchange it, no? See how you feel, but don't eliminate that if you are not totally sold on the setting.

Not that you should exchange, just food for thought!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
wow that is like bling on crack, it's GORGEOUS!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I love it! And it's perfect for your hand.

I'm sure you'll get used to it VERY soon! ;))

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow very blingy.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the classic elegance of the three stone mounting you chose. It's really outrageously gorgeous!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
jill_s said:
So, have you made any other progress on your three stone? What color side stones are you looking at? FWIW, I can't tell the I vs. J difference once they were set, and I could tell the color difference when they were loose.

I will be looking for J sides most likely. Not sure yet on the size, but am leaning towards smaller rather than larger to keep the center the star and to avoid my ring getting too blingy for my lifestyle! :cheeky:

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!!! It looks great on you!!! Congrats!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Holy Moly Guacamole!!! That is ginormous in the most elegant way possible! LOVE IT!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
BUMP...........................More pictures please!!!! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's some serious finger coverage! :rodent:

Beautiful! :appl:

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
cemrn said:
WOW that is great bling! I love the presence on your hand. Enjoy and welcome to the 3 stone club

cemrn, Thanks! I have poured over pictures of your three stone as I was planning my own. How are you adjusting to it? Does it still look *huge* to you? I'm curious, what were people's responses when you first wore it? I haven't seen any good friends since I got this ring, and frankly, I'm a bit nervous about it! BTW, I'm not sure if I ever responded to your thread with anniversary pics, but those were amazing! Thanks for sharing them with us!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
sphenequeen, sweetpea&babycorn,rosetta, oddoneout, gemgirl, Luckyeshe, geckodani, Tuckins1 - thanks so much for your kind comments!

heartsarrows_girl - I really do love the proportions of the .59s with my 2.40. It looks *just right* to my eye. And a big "yes!" to your comment about how wonderful comfort fit bands are! I wouldn't do anything else...I like comfort too much!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
More later, but one thing to think about is that if it is not a custom setting, you could always exchange it, no? See how you feel, but don't eliminate that if you are not totally sold on the setting.

Not that you should exchange, just food for thought!

Dreamer - so the more I wear this, the more I'm liking it. It is a very sturdy ring, and I like that I don't have to be dainty with it. I actually called Vera at WF yesterday to see what my exchange options were. Since it was semi-custom (I added the comfort fit shank), there is a 20% restocking fee. When I include the restocking fee, shipping there and back, and the additional cost of the custom setting I was considering, it will end up being about $700 more out of pocket. Frankly, I think that's a little ridiculous to pay for basically the same ring with a slightly thinner, more contoured shank. I am really glad I added the comfort fit shank, though, because it is incredibly comfortable to wear.

I think you selecting J sidestones for your three stone will be great. I'm anxious to hear what you decide to do. As for your other request for photos with my diamond band, I will be adding those shortly.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Farleysmom said:
BUMP...........................More pictures please!!!! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Farleysmom - your wish is my command! By the way, I'm curious from your perspective as well, what kinds of responses did you get when you started wearing around your new three stone? I remember a post you made a while back in a thread I started about how much do you let social circles dictate what jewelry you wear. As I recall, we live similar lifestyles and have similar taste in big, bold jewelry! So, how has that gone for you?

BTW, here's a link to that thread.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-much-do-you-let-social-circles-and-lifestyle-dictate-what-kind-of-jewelry-you-wear.141425/////

IMG_1440.JPG

IMG_1446.JPG

IMG_1449.JPG

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer, these are for you. Here are pics of the three bands that I have.

IMG_1454.JPG

IMG_1458.JPG

IMG_1462.JPG

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Some outside shots next... LOVE the fire coming from the sun!

IMG_1471.JPG

IMG_1472.JPG

IMG_1475.JPG

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Last ones...

IMG_1477.JPG

IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1479.JPG

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
jill_s said:
Farleysmom said:

Farleysmom - your wish is my command! By the way, I'm curious from your perspective as well, what kinds of responses did you get when you started wearing around your new three stone? I remember a post you made a while back in a thread I started about how much do you let social circles dictate what jewelry you wear. As I recall, we live similar lifestyles and have similar taste in big, bold jewelry! So, how has that gone for you?

BTW, here's a link to that thread.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-much-do-you-let-social-circles-and-lifestyle-dictate-what-kind-of-jewelry-you-wear.141425//////

Jill_s - thanks for posting more pictures. Your ring looks fantastic. Although our stones are different sizes (my center is a 8.3mm and my sides are 6.0mm each) the look on the hand is very similar and I think the ctw is the same. Your right....I have always worn bold pieces and personally like a substanial, weighty ring. For the most part, people who know me were really happy for me and supportive but I've also received a few snide comments. However, I don't really care what they think as I wear my jewelry for my own enjoyment. To say the least....it has been interesting. I can't tell you how many people (both friends and strangers) have grabbed my hand to see my ring. It did take some time to adjust to the ring (and the attention). Now however, it just feels right. I try not to be flashy in public but at home, in my private moments, I still find myself looking at my ring. I am very glad I did the reset as I absolutely love the look. I am interested to know how it has been for you and how you feel about your reset.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the extras photos! I like the ring on its own best of all, by far. All the others somehow distract from its beauty to my eye!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results