my GOG custom cut AVC experience

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PacMan12|1455225298|3989842 said:
Skhii,

Here are the measurements

8.00mm long x 7.73mm wide x 5.17mm in depth

As far as the clarity and color percentages I got from GOG...I think every diamond will have different percentages..and I wouldn't want to give a rubber stamp for them...remember though that I asked for an I VS2 and got a G VVS2...which are both within acceptable percentage ranges (albeit small percentages) that Yoram gave me. Both we're above what I asked for (Yay for me) but could have been below
That is a BIG bonus!.. :appl:

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
Very cool! Thanks for sharing the story of the stone and proposal...it's quite pretty! :wavey:

PacMan12

Rough_Rock
Hey Kenny,

GOG didn't say anything to me about it

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
OMGGGGGGG !!!! That is so great. GOG is the best. And I think it's rad that you created an heirloom. All my love to you guys. Well done. :clap:

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and thanks for sharing your story & pictures. Your diamond and ring turned out gorgeous and your fiancee' must be beside herself! Not to mention, the two of you make such a cute couple!! I am very happy for you and I learned a lot from your sharing. I am going to visit GOG in a couple of weeks and I might be taking the same path that you did (custom diamond only) and my specs are literally identical to yours. Now I have to contain my brain to not get greedy and hope I get some extra bump-ups! LOL :drool:

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PacMan12

Love how your diamond turned out - very lucky. I especially love the setting also. Best wishes for your future together.

furs

Rough_Rock
Can I ask the timeline on this wonderful project? I'm curious as to how long it took once you decided on a custom cut to have it done, and then once the stone was finished how long it took to get it finished in a setting?

Inspiring story.

Thanks

PacMan12

Rough_Rock
LaineyRod..it's an exciting way to go for sure...and no matter what the outcome you can't lose..GOG is there all the way with you

Furs..it took about 2 months to cut the diamond..once that was done it needed to be graded by AGS (2 weeks) then the setting paid for and made..setting had a few issues with metal and other stuff and ended up taking about 8 weeks to complete..I received the ring on January 29th

furs

Rough_Rock
PacMan12|1456176418|3994116 said:
LaineyRod..it's an exciting way to go for sure...and no matter what the outcome you can't lose..GOG is there all the way with you

Furs..it took about 2 months to cut the diamond..once that was done it needed to be graded by AGS (2 weeks) then the setting paid for and made..setting had a few issues with metal and other stuff and ended up taking about 8 weeks to complete..I received the ring on January 29th

Can you help me understand the relationship between Diagem (Yoram) and GOG? From my understanding GOG was sourcing their August vintage diamonds out of Belgium. It seems that Diagem found you the rough and cut the stone, but then the transaction was through GOG? Any clarity on this would be appreciated.

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Couple more questions if you don't mind, Pacman12. Is Diagem the only custom cutter, or did you have a choice of diamond cutters? Also, was the price negotiable at all? Thanks again for sharing your journey!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! Glad it worked out. Enjoyed the video too. Its such a lovely ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results