shape
carat
color
clarity

my GOG custom cut AVC experience

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My stone was cut by Yoram, too, and I would love to have an AVC just like yours! :love: Beautiful setting! Love GOG, too!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is an absolutely beautiful ring in every way, what a lucky lady! I hope she knows the story of her diamond? Something to share with the grandkids :love:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
SO lovely! Thanks for the play-by-play. The rough crystal was really cool, too!

PacMan12

Rough_Rock
Skhii,

Here are the measurements

8.00mm long x 7.73mm wide x 5.17mm in depth

As far as the clarity and color percentages I got from GOG...I think every diamond will have different percentages..and I wouldn't want to give a rubber stamp for them...remember though that I asked for an I VS2 and got a G VVS2...which are both within acceptable percentage ranges (albeit small percentages) that Yoram gave me. Both we're above what I asked for (Yay for me) but could have been below

PacMan12

Rough_Rock
Snowdrop13,

She certainly knows the entire odyssey I went on and the planning and consternation I went through deciding what to get. It is a story that will go on through generations as will the proposal which was videoed for posterity as well!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!
What a diamond/ring/project. :love: :appl:

You both are very fortunate.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:shock: :love: Gorgeous, what a great ending!!! Congratulations too!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and ring. Congrats!

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful - everything about it.

PacMan12

Rough_Rock
Thank You everyone..we are really excited

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is beautiful.. magnificent.. gorgeous.. Best of all, you became engaged with a perfect ring with a perfect love.. I love the ring and wish you both future love, happiness and caring..

much peace and happiness!!

:appl: :love:

added in edit sorry I forgot to mention: GOG is special, and Yoram is an artist nonpareil.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Astounding!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oh my word, I LOVE it, ALL of it! Simply stunning! :love: :love:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just... WOW!! :love: :love: :love:

That's such a cool experience and an equally magnificent proposal! The ring is just TDF!! 8) :cheeky: :love:

Congratulations to you both!! :wavey:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing stone and ring, but also an amazing journey you wrote about. The fact that you and GOG went through such lengths is really something, too. All the best to you and your fiancee!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never tire of seeing videos of beautiful diamonds cut to perfection, and this one is a prime example of why. Just stunning! Congrats to you both!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! That's so exciting! What a great experience!!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Hi Pacman12,

I apologize for the confusion. I was asking about the size of the ring/setting and the width of the shank. Thanks.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful :!: A big congrats! Jon/Yoram did a custom cut Octavia for me.

LateBloomer28

Rough_Rock
A lovely story in every way!! Many congratulations on your engagement!! And oh what a magnificent stone!! :love: :love: :love: The setting is gorgeous as well and I look forward to seeing what your fiancé chooses as a wedding band. Wishing you all the best in your future together! (And as a very lucky owner of an AVR, I have to second the love for GOG!!)

queradas

Rough_Rock
PacMan12|1455217923|3989807 said:
Queradas,

The only extra you pay is the cost of .09 above the carat weight you ask for. So for example I asked for a 2 carat and got a 2.27 carat but only paid for a 2.09 carat...so essentially I got .18 carats of value for free

As far as the RAP price..I do not know specifically if they used the round formula..those detailed questions I'm sure GOG can answer for you.

Thanks good info, congrats again on the beautiful ring and engagement.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very good and informative read, thanks for sharing your custom-cut experience and process.

Wishing the happy couple much happiness in the future, and enjoy the diamond and ring - it is stunning! :love:

DK :))

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!!! It's gorgeous. And kudos to you for going above and beyond in getting something custom made - not just the setting but the diamond too! Golly most men don't step up to the plate like that!

Magpie4426

Shiny_Rock
Really, lovely! So lovely, in fact, that my eyes started watering when I saw the cut stone :angel:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Speechless... :love: :love: :love:

PacMan12

Rough_Rock
Skhii,

The ring is a size 5..the setting is custom but in general falls into a cathedral setting. The shank is I believe (2.5mm) but don't quote me on that. It needed to be beefed up just a bit to accommodate the millgraining and single cut melee stones. It is also a little flatter on top to accommodate both of those things.

PacMan12

Rough_Rock
Dancing Fire,

I know all about your diamond and ring :naughty:

It was a huge factor in the Octavia being in the final group of two cuts. Your posts and Yoram's step by step guide of cutting your stone was a big factor in my decision to get a custom cut and have the faith in the skill of the cutter. So thank you for all of your posts on that

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is an amazing diamond, ring, and proposal story! She's a very lucky gal!!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning!! :love: :love: :love:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pacman12, do you know whether Yoram got a second smaller diamond from that rough?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results