shape
carat
color
clarity

My Burma Myanmar gemstones :)

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Burmesedaze The last bi looks wet ::) The other two are so beautifuly colored... I love these round poked things & just about any jade as long as it ain't green.

I hear of people getting good jadeite pieces re-polished / carved / finished, as stone is more likely to be good than the work; any truth to this?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Burmesedaze The last bi looks wet ::) The other two are so beautifuly colored... I love these round poked things & just about any jade as long as it ain't green.

I hear of people getting good jadeite pieces re-polished / carved / finished, as stone is more likely to be good than the work; any truth to this?

Lol donuts just look so complete. The last one has good lustre hence the wet look reflecting light.

Polishing does help usually if the jade isn't too rough. But carving it again to improve it is best left to the carvers. It could be done to rectify small flaws but whatever it is, they also run the riskof cracking/chipping. Though I suppose if from a large enough piece there may be more room for error.

Reactions: AV_

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wearing my red jadeite pendant for the first time after it got set recently.
Paired with orangey yellow jadeite goldfish earrings and my first pink sapphire ring set in Burma.

The goldfish are from the same piece if rough but vary nevertheless.

20190618_145032.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:oops: I've come back for the 10th time today to admire your leaf earrings consider me seriously impressed

Thanks! I keep staring at the photo too. I have another pair of leaves in a different green and shape. Will probably reuse this design too!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Now I have been away from jade, but this cab is a heart breaker!

Thank you. I got this cab about 2 years ago from my jewellers. It's pretty big and the quotes I've gotten to set this were all on the high side. Until I took a chance and sent it in to this jade setter that does not charge for a mould. This ring belongs firmly and solidly in the us1250 and under thread!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't really do cute, but I could not resist what is probably the best carving of a dolphin I've seen so far. At least to me!

It's bluish green jadeite but has strong saturation, translucency, icy, great shape and looks like a dolphin :)

Being set into a simple ring right now.

20190707_034830.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The pear is 1.79ct only but faces up big and well cut with brilliance and no window. Lab memo says Columbian.

Square step emerald is 2.04ct, lab did not give origin.

Both minor oil
20190712_135831.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not your usual jadeite but these remind me of ink paintings, very scenic and lyrical. They are on the small side but ok for pendants.

Note how 1 has horizontal and the other, vertical streaks. Highly icy and with splashes of green too.

Will design them to look like paintings!
mmexport1563180903891.jpg mmexport1563180919151.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not your usual jadeite but these remind me of ink paintings, very scenic and lyrical. They are on the small side but ok for pendants.

Note how 1 has horizontal and the other, vertical streaks. Highly icy and with splashes of green too.

Ok, now THAT jade is captivating! Gorgeous!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok, now THAT jade is captivating! Gorgeous!

They are fairly rare this icy and nicely streaked :)

They remind me of this painting I bought from a leading Myanmar pioneer artist years ago. When he was still fairly affordable!

20190716_105748.jpg

Reactions: AV_

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Really unusual. Will love to see how it turns out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results