clarity

My Burma Myanmar gemstones :)

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Are the green stone peridots? So huge!!!

The dark green ones in the showcase? Yes. Peridots from Mogok and these are the top dollar colours locally!

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The dark green ones in the showcase? Yes. Peridots from Mogok and these are the top dollar colours locally!

I guess they are 30ct+ I have never see any peridot this size except in the museum.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I love the sapphires! :love:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow those pearls! Gorgeous!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Came back to look at the pearls again. Shiny and luscious. How did you acquire them? I hope you haven't sent me down another rabbit hole like I did with the jade. I have a string of Mikimoto pearls but they are nothing like the beauty of yours. The faint color difference is gorgeous. And they are big!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Came back to look at the pearls again. Shiny and luscious. How did you acquire them? I hope you haven't sent me down another rabbit hole like I did with the jade. I have a string of Mikimoto pearls but they are nothing like the beauty of yours. The faint color difference is gorgeous. And they are big!!

They are from last year's Bangkok Gem Fair, pastel SS pearls. Not big. Just 8 to 10mm!

20180908_091909.jpg 20180908_091926.jpg

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Big to me!! They are so pretty.

amoline

Shiny_Rock
If I just give you direct access to my bank account, will you buy things for me? :mrgreen2:

The gems are so beautiful.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@amoline You and me both! She will have a blast spending our money! Hey, Burmesedaze, when is your trip to the jade fair in China? Can I send you some money for that? Just a few grand, nothing fancy...:lol-2:

I had to edit this. That sounded like I'm rich, which I ain't. but man o man, you will be seeing some NICE stuff.

voce

Ideal_Rock
My rabbit earrings are done setting too!

mmexport1551601554290.jpg mmexport1552790499257.jpg mmexport1552790490188.jpg
Adore the rabbits, and the carrots are so cute, too! I'd like to see ear shots when you have those. :kiss2:

amoline

Shiny_Rock
Please take my money and buy stuff for me. Just, you can have all of it.

Lovely pieces.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze This is my favorite thread on PS! Your journey and knowledge of gemstones and especially jade is so fascinating and I am glad you have brought us along with you. I have learned so much since you posted this thread back in 2016! So are you gonna stay in Myanmar/Burma?
-C4C
PS. I go back and even read your beginning posts because so much has transpired from your initial purchases and now!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@amoline You and me both! She will have a blast spending our money! Hey, Burmesedaze, when is your trip to the jade fair in China? Can I send you some money for that? Just a few grand, nothing fancy...:lol-2:

I had to edit this. That sounded like I'm rich, which I ain't. but man o man, you will be seeing some NICE stuff.

What would you like other than expensive green dragons, Suzanne? Livestream has good buys at times.

@Burmesedaze This is my favorite thread on PS! Your journey and knowledge of gemstones and especially jade is so fascinating and I am glad you have brought us along with you. I have learned so much since you posted this thread back in 2016! So are you gonna stay in Myanmar/Burma?
-C4C
PS. I go back and even read your beginning posts because so much has transpired from your initial purchases and now!

I know what you mean. When I look at the same stone before, so much has changed in my mind and through my eyes.

Will still be here a teeny while longer :)

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze! Yay! Glad to hear that you will be there a little longer so we can drool over your buys! I love the humongous landscape pendant! I see the lavendar mixed in with the green jade! Is it possible to not cover up the back of that yummy piece so you could admire the translucency od the jade? Was it too thin to not have a backing?
-C4C

Last edited:

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
C94079F0-44D5-4C9A-B0EA-3D207090368D.jpeg And while I’m at it, since I’ve learn so much, but don’t think I could do livestream buying/bidding I saw this piece I would buy in a heartbeat! What do you think? I love the glowy green. It’s rather expensive, but would rather purchase from a trusted site than livestream and guess at the vids/pictures. I think I’ve come a little farther on my taste in jade green color and preferred shapes. Wished this piece had diamonds though and I do like yellow gold with this colored green.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Burmesedaze! Yay! Glad to hear that you will be there a little longer so we can drool over your buys! I love the humongous landscape pendant! I see the lavendar mixed in with the green jade! Is it possible to not cover up the back of that yummy piece so you could admire the translucency od the jade? Was it too thin to not have a backing?
-C4C

It's 4mm thick and would need a backing for better light reflect properties since it's icy. It has a window at the back so I can admire it if I want to at times and shine a light through it.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
C94079F0-44D5-4C9A-B0EA-3D207090368D.jpeg And while I’m at it, since I’ve learn so much, but don’t think I could do livestream buying/bidding I saw this piece I would buy in a heartbeat! What do you think? I love the glowy green. It’s rather expensive, but would rather purchase from a trusted site than livestream and guess at the vids/pictures. I think I’ve come a little farther on my taste in jade green color and preferred shapes. Wished this piece had diamonds though and I do like yellow gold with this colored green.

This is a curious piece in that from What I see it's a good icy green and all are from the same mine or bouldee. Not too big but fine. The setting is cheap. No diamonds. Which for dinner pieces they go for more bling as it cab sell better. I guesstimate US$300 or son for the setting. Tops. Jade St. Best us1000 tops.

Livestream hardly brings in sets like these though.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is a curious piece in that from What I see it's a good icy green and all are from the same mine or bouldee. Not too big but fine. The setting is cheap. No diamonds. Which for dinner pieces they go for more bling as it cab sell better. I guesstimate US$300 or son for the setting. Tops. Jade St. Best us1000 tops.

Livestream hardly brings in sets like these though.

The jade is thin though. So if it's reasonably priced ok. But pricey piece, no.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
8541C06A-E6FE-44B0-AC23-B13803C3C3D4.jpeg Yes, pricey, US dollars $1400, piece does have diamonds, 18k gold. Thickness is 1mm. Sigh! Pretty piece though! See how much I’ve learned through your threads! I’m really proud of myself! Very wearable piece! So you did well on your guess, but not sure if in US dollars... what do you think?
-C4C

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
8541C06A-E6FE-44B0-AC23-B13803C3C3D4.jpeg Yes, pricey, US dollars $1400, piece does have diamonds, 18k gold. Thickness is 1mm. Sigh! Pretty piece though! See how much I’ve learned through your threads! I’m really proud of myself! Very wearable piece! So you did well on your guess, but not sure if in US dollars... what do you think?
-C4C

Too thin. Go for a thicker piece if you have the budget. Take your time.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Picked up a pair of highly icy calabash today. For earrings

Screenshot_20190319-152739_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20190319-155825_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20190319-155854_Facebook.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have 3 items with the HK setters and they are coming next week! Photos from them of my jadeite ring, cuprian bearing tourmaline pendant and moonstone dangles remade for a better fit.

IMG-20190319-WA0010.jpg IMG-20190319-WA0009.jpg IMG-20190319-WA0008.jpg

amoline

Shiny_Rock
Lovely pieces! :D

Okay, this time I'm slightly less than half joking - how do we get you to pick things up for us?! :mrgreen2::lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results