Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That bangle is gorgeous! :geek2:
Lovely earrings too!

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yokdee is terribly terribly overpriced for average quality jadeite.

Just saw this blue icy bangle on livestream. Around 10,000rmb.

Screenshot_20190806-001150_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20190806-001239_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20190806-001147_Facebook.jpg

Wow that is gorgeous, it almost looks like jelly. I am shocked at how good the price tage is too.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those are really pretty. I love the bangle best but those are lovely. What is the price approximately for those?

For the leaves under us$100 :) The seller's last item from this batch of material so clearance price.

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That’s really lovely! Sigh...would love something like that, but I’m too insecure to do the live streaming thing.

This isn't that common and tbh when they sent the backstage photo it looked totally grey. But got it on a hunch. I just got a light lavender base leaf that's similar and the backstage photo looks grey again but will go with my hunch.

Also, many viewers will say "good, get" because when the goods seller earns a large margin from 1 item, they are more willing to sell the next piece cheaper. I was enlightened on that by another viewer :)

This leaf excluding the setting is under us$400.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You have to mentally adjust greens, lavenders and base colours as the lighting and Chinese phones amp them up. So some leeway in expectation is required.

That said, I now know how much i overpaid for my so called glassy earrings from Shuanghua (by at least us$1800) and the margins from brick and mortar.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
To illustrate, these are the photos sent backstage I freaked out at. Blue for the blue leaf worn by me in previous photo and lav for the new lavender base leaf.

Even my expert friend was insisting the blue is grey, based on the photos. Ditch it lol. The photo of it worn with a grey tshirt is accurate in colour :)

20190807_011924.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on both! they are lovely and inspiring! I see the skill involved... that you need to read the pictures and adjust colors mentally, which takes both experience and intuition about cameras and jadeite..and there is a lot of psychology involved on top of that. Buying jade is risky, but clearly doing it this way is worth it given the better prices. Thank you for sharing your experience here:). It makes me sad to think about how I’ve overpaid on some jade pieces too, and it’s nice to know there are avenues around that. Thankfully lol!

It feels sort of like a new frontier which demands a strong focus.

Last edited:

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz

I have a light blue leaf, not sure if you've seen it. They also call it sky blue for jadeite.

20190616_200116.jpg

That is gorgeous, I totally would never have bought it though based on the original photos -- lol I think there might be a steep learning curve involved in buying jade.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous, I totally would never have bought it though based on the original photos -- lol I think there might be a steep learning curve involved in buying jade.
Not only is the learning curve steep, it's also a mile high!!! :eek2: :lol-2:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
But it's also linguistically beneficial. Friends I've not met a while are impressed by my spoken Mandarin now. I credit that to livestream lol.

Reactions: AV_

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
But it's also linguistically beneficial. Friends I've not met a while are impressed by my spoken Mandarin now. I credit that to livestream lol.

Hahaha maybe I can sell this to my husband as a reason for my shopping spree. As long as I am mostly able to sit there and listen 99% of the time he may buy it. I am supposed to be teaching our 18 month old mandarin (as several of her close relatives do not speak english). Ofcourse it is going miserably poorly as I've forgotten most of what I knew, and we are not home enough and often too tired to try when we are there. Actually I went to her 18 month checkup and the doctor asked me what languages she was speaking, and I actually realized it was filipino (her maid's language) and english :lol-2:. But I am often happy to look at gems and jewelery at night in bed, so maybe we could join the live stream and learn some chinese together.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hahaha maybe I can sell this to my husband as a reason for my shopping spree. As long as I am mostly able to sit there and listen 99% of the time he may buy it. I am supposed to be teaching our 18 month old mandarin (as several of her close relatives do not speak english). Ofcourse it is going miserably poorly as I've forgotten most of what I knew, and we are not home enough and often too tired to try when we are there. Actually I went to her 18 month checkup and the doctor asked me what languages she was speaking, and I actually realized it was filipino (her maid's language) and english :lol-2:. But I am often happy to look at gems and jewelery at night in bed, so maybe we could join the live stream and learn some chinese together.

Lol mabuhay!

Yes. Hearing it a few hours a day works wonders and you get to ogle at jade. No one said anything about having to buy ;-)

I asked for daylight shots of the leaves and a cab. The leaves are even better in daylight imho!

Very very heavy rains in monsoon Myanmar now so I'm drawn towards these shades currently.

received_2352774871604172.jpeg received_696270467467267.jpeg

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lol mabuhay!

Yes. Hearing it a few hours a day works wonders and you get to ogle at jade. No one said anything about having to buy ;-)

I asked for daylight shots of the leaves and a cab. The leaves are even better in daylight imho!

Very very heavy rains in monsoon Myanmar now so I'm drawn towards these shades currently.

received_2352774871604172.jpeg received_696270467467267.jpeg

Maybe I will try then! Do you have details of the livestream (i.e. where can I find the links, I dont have to join on weechat right? Weechat confuses the sh**t out of me. I forever have a phd student running arround after me, trying to fix the latest mess I made with it.)? I have to go to Seoul, then Shanghai in the next month or so and wont have any time for anything except exhaustedly trying to stop my toddler jumping on the hotel bed at night. But when I come back I may be able to pick it up.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Maybe I will try then! Do you have details of the livestream (i.e. where can I find the links, I dont have to join on weechat right? Weechat confuses the sh**t out of me. I forever have a phd student running arround after me, trying to fix the latest mess I made with it.)? I have to go to Seoul, then Shanghai in the next month or so and wont have any time for anything except exhaustedly trying to stop my toddler jumping on the hotel bed at night. But when I come back I may be able to pick it up.

Lmk when you are ready i will pass you on LT. Waiting to see the bangles before I rec any seller.

AV_

Ideal_Rock

This is the kind of jadeite I ever wish for - in summer because they remind rain clouds that do not exist (this is an arid place with heavy dew in the morning & nothing else), in winter because they look like winter; I can feel one of those pipe-like rings on my left middle finger. Thanks for the keywords! (a jade dictionary would be better than jade, sure enough)

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sounds good! I come back from Shanghai in late september and would love to get back to you about it then.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh man, I got the green light to join live stream jade streams once things quieten down. But my husband said there were streets full of jade in kunming (where he has been all week/weekend until today) and I should have mentioned I wanted some :wall: -- I guess it'll be more fun by livestream anyway.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh man, I got the green light to join live stream jade streams once things quieten down. But my husband said there were streets full of jade in kunming (where he has been all week/weekend until today) and I should have mentioned I wanted some :wall: -- I guess it'll be more fun by livestream anyway.

Erm no. Kunming has nice stuff but very overpriced. So money saved to spend another day :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results