shape
carat
color
clarity

My Burma Myanmar gemstones :)

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really love the one on the right (squarish halo with graduated diamonds down the shaft). It's beautiful from every angle. The other one is pretty, too, but for some reason, just doesn't strike me as remarkable. I also feel as though the halo on the first ring would compete too much with the ruby for attention. I love halos with colored stones, but more as a frame to highlight the stone rather than as bling factor, if that makes sense. That's a personal preference, so please take my opinion with a grain of salt.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the smaller halo and I love your flower jackets!

I may go to HK next week - do you know if they have a store that I can visit?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally prefer the single halo, but since you have some similar styles, maybe the double for a variation?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I really love the one on the right (squarish halo with graduated diamonds down the shaft). It's beautiful from every angle. The other one is pretty, too, but for some reason, just doesn't strike me as remarkable. I also feel as though the halo on the first ring would compete too much with the ruby for attention. I love halos with colored stones, but more as a frame to highlight the stone rather than as bling factor, if that makes sense. That's a personal preference, so please take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the feedback. That's what I feel too, that no. 1 isn't remarkable. I have a number of rings with smaller diamond halos and somehow, after a while, I find them sometimes underhighlighting the stone. Maybe too much gold rather than bling all round, if that makes sense?

I prefer the smaller halo and I love your flower jackets!

I may go to HK next week - do you know if they have a store that I can visit?

Thanks, I can't wait to get the flower jackets too! They have an office, but no retail store. I just checked my receipts, why don't you try emailing them at [email protected] to see if they'd show you some? The office is at Hung Hom.

I personally prefer the single halo, but since you have some similar styles, maybe the double for a variation?

That's the thing. I've tried on a few double halos with several stock settings they brought. But somehow something in me just doesn't take to them. I find it superfluous in a manner and too many small diamonds also end up showing too much gold. The cuprian tourmaline setting was meant to have a double row for the halo but i switched it out to the single halo with larger diamonds and paid extra for that, the modification and CAD as well.

Btw, my pal is too stressed with moving home and packing up 4.5 years worth of stuff here. So she's forgoing the stars. I've asked my jewellers to check if they are still available and if they can get a better local price :D

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Completely agree about the superfluous extra with double halos. I feel that they attemp an extra layer of ‘fanciness’, but I’m not sure that it achieves this. In my humble opinion, It’s extra for a reason which I cannot discern. I think larger diamonds are a much better solution for your cuprian.

Wow, I hope the jeweler still has the midnight purple/blue star! :) If they had both, would you get them both or just one?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Completely agree about the superfluous extra with double halos. I feel that they attemp an extra layer of ‘fanciness’, but I’m not sure that it achieves this. In my humble opinion, It’s extra for a reason which I cannot discern. I think larger diamonds are a much better solution for your cuprian.

Wow, I hope the jeweler still has the midnight purple/blue star! :) If they had both, would you get them both or just one?

I think it gives more surface coverage and helps to keep the costs down with smaller diamonds x 2 rows rather than 1 row of slightly larger diamonds? Not sure. Much cleaner and simpler with 1 row :)

Haha! I'd prioritise the purple. I'd like to have her give the blue the once-over, because I spotted black flecks at 1 side when viewing that weeks ago.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Been a while since I last acquired spinels. Here are 2 from Mogok, direct from the local traders. Vendor pics. 1.45 and 1.15ct. Will have to wait till they get to Yangon to eyeball them and send them to the local lab.

IMG-d4b0285825de6896cf1bad00ae004635-V.jpg IMG-3412980361fd2b897cb04ec198764294-V.jpg IMG-d1c600b3ba72b95e21a4c11324591b74-V.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Bluegemz the vendor for the purple star sapphire told my jeweller because I said it's nice previously, she took it back to recut and kept at home. Not selling.

I don't know what to make of it but I guess it's either holding out for a higher price or else it isn't her stock to begin with or it's out on memo somewhere else with a possibility of a bidding war.

I think I will pass on it. Don't really fancy such circumstances. I can wait to acquire another.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz the vendor for the purple star sapphire told my jeweller because I said it's nice previously, she took it back to recut and kept at home. Not selling.

I don't know what to make of it but I guess it's either holding out for a higher price or else it isn't her stock to begin with or it's out on memo somewhere else with a possibility of a bidding war.

I think I will pass on it. Don't really fancy such circumstances. I can wait to acquire another.
I wouldn’t be favorable to those circumstances either. Oh well! Maybe there is another midnight star in the future which is more meant to be!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Quite possibly the most vivid intense pair of pink sapphires I've handled here in 3 years. If you are a seller you'd call them rubies ;-) 1.34 ct and 1.27ct. Possibly Namya origin if not Mogok. No heat no treatment.

At a whopping us5150 asking price!!!!

20180710_124311.jpg 20180710_122126.jpg 20180710_122012.jpg 20180710_122032.jpg 20180710_122048.jpg

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Quite possibly the most vivid intense pair of pink sapphires I've handled here in 3 years. If you are a seller you'd call them rubies ;-) 1.34 ct and 1.27ct. Possibly Namya origin if not Mogok. No heat no treatment.

At a whopping us5150 asking price!!!!

20180710_124311.jpg 20180710_122126.jpg 20180710_122012.jpg 20180710_122032.jpg 20180710_122048.jpg

As @minousbijoux said in the emerald thread, I want! I want! I want! There are some things that should belong to me and these two are those things. I've seen all of your other sapphires and your jade and your pearls and this is what I want! These two sapphires should come to me!:lol-2::lol:
Lol. They are gorgeous!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As @minousbijoux said in the emerald thread, I want! I want! I want! There are some things that should belong to me and these two are those things. I've seen all of your other sapphires and your jade and your pearls and this is what I want! These two sapphires should come to me!:lol-2::lol:
Lol. They are gorgeous!

Lol too steep and rich for my blood!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Been a while since I last acquired spinels. Here are 2 from Mogok, direct from the local traders. Vendor pics. 1.45 and 1.15ct. Will have to wait till they get to Yangon to eyeball them and send them to the local lab.

IMG-d4b0285825de6896cf1bad00ae004635-V.jpg IMG-3412980361fd2b897cb04ec198764294-V.jpg IMG-d1c600b3ba72b95e21a4c11324591b74-V.jpg

OMG I want these so much! I can't even imagine how pricey they must be!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG I want these so much! I can't even imagine how pricey they must be!

They are on the pricey side by local standards. Very well over us100/ct!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What happened why did you pass on the pinks?

They are different to the $5000ish ones right?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What happened why did you pass on the pinks?

They are different to the $5000ish ones right?

The 5k pair posted yesterday? Logic prevailed so I passed.

1. At this pricepoint here I expect perfection and an international lab memo.
2. Perfection=Close to matching shape and cut.
3. I just bought a similar pair that are now in HK/China getting set. Same distinctive Namya colour though this pricier pair is cleaner. Ct weight 1.35 and 1.15, not that much less.

I'm just wowed by the colour and clarity but that's about it?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm watching the World Xup and got bored in extra time so uploaded a few videos of the moonstones. Can't wait to get them!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Change of plans for the moonstones. Because we now have a direct source to them from the Mogok trader that has decent stuff, I'm going to keep the earrings simple.

The rest can go into a necklace. I'm inspired by these 2 designs I found online (except no carving on my precious babies pls!) and I have a 15 inch 18k wg chain bought for another project that I've decided to drop. It's not the strand below and has thicker links than that.

The moonstones will be bezelled and added to the links of the necklace in sections but not as closely as in the inspiration photo. The middle would be with dark blue sapphires for the larger round moonstone, forming the crescent (needs to be removed from its nickel setting). I might intersperse with a few slightly larger pale blue sapphires with the other moonstones instead of diamonds in the inspo photo.

20180712_200628.jpg 20180712_200643.jpg 20180712_200649.jpg 20180712_200623.jpg 70273bda3d93601b8ea6db97cb69085d.jpg Carved-Moonstone-Diamond-Crescent-Pendant.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow it’s gonna be a stunner. :love:

Thanks! I'd like to collect a few more pairs first to decide on the final necklace and earring designs and stone placement. Pretty much depends on the shapes. We've been asking for rounds but the trader who cuts the rough himself says they are hard to get even in small sizes.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And the Chinese traders are always lying in wait to pounce on the larger rough/cut stones :(

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like that inspiration necklace! It reminds of the blue-y moonstone bracelet either Bron357 or Bluegemz has...

Are you going to do this sort of diamond by the yard or will they dangle like the photo mockup?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like that inspiration necklace! It reminds of the blue-y moonstone bracelet either Bron357 or Bluegemz has...

Are you going to do this sort of diamond by the yard or will they dangle like the photo mockup?

I think it's Bluegemz' yellow gold piece with flower connectors? :)

I prefer DBTY style but maybe no bezels around the moonstones. Will have to discuss with my jewellers when I'm ready to have it made and see what they suggest. If they are dangley, might be too fiddly to wear on a more regular basis?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hubba, hubba, hubba! Those are fabulous. Love that rich high karat gold!

They are actually cast settings in nickel or copper and silver or gold plated for colour. They use them here to hold jade cabs, faceted stones and such, probably a few bucks each.

There is a law that restricts the export of unfinished goods so in jewellery form it's considered a finished good :razz:

If done legally, that is.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results