shape
carat
color
clarity

My Burma Myanmar gemstones :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ladies these are photos of the famed Namya rough from another jeweller where the HK chaps are residing at.

Pink rough are spinels.

Purplish ones are rubies/sapphires.

I showed this jeweller my sapphire pair that are going to be set with these removable flower jackets and they can tell it's Namya too. Slightly purplish and more sparkling in texture compared to Mogok.

She made an offer of us$30k for the spinel rough in the photo. Most will cut under 1 ct. Bid rejected!!!

IMG-20180617-WA0024.jpg IMG-20180617-WA0023.jpg IMG-20180617-WA0022.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Flower jackets for my pretty pinks next!

20180617_194738.jpg 20180617_194745.jpg 20180617_194138.jpg 20180617_194149.jpg 20180617_194153.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Love your moonstone ring! Totally ethereal....
Also, the crysoberyl looks great in that setting.

I would have to baby the moonstone which would be for special occasions (where there's minimal alcohol otherwise I might go whacking my ring stones and damaging them like my peach spinel). But it's a joy to admire it.

I liked the chryso more than expected. It's very solid on the finger with a rather low rise and big enough to go without a halo :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those pink spinels are amazing....so vivid and luminous.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be CAREFUL of that moonstone ring! I’d say cracking is my biggest fear with these stones! Would be a mini tragedy if it split!

I know you know this already, but I’m expressing that I would be upset with you Because I just LOVE it.

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Be CAREFUL of that moonstone ring! I’d say cracking is my biggest fear with these stones! Would be a mini tragedy if it split!

I know you know this already, but I’m expressing that I would be upset with you Because I just LOVE it.

Please remind me ever so often! On hindsight, should have opted for a convertible pendant/ring for Luna!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Goals, right? I’m still missing a good purple, an orange if I ever get so lucky, and a star ruby!

I asked about the orange today. They say it's as elusive as a padparadscha here :( that figures

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:love:

:love::love::love:
I love jackets! Do they go to Singapore? Do you mind sharing their contact? I’ll love to get a few for my pearl studs and hopefully some new CS collection too...

I asked this evening. Heh they don't do direct to retail. They focus more on wholesale. I guess I got lucky since they come to Yangon and I know the jeweller they work and stay with. They also say their business customers they work with won't like them doing that and quoting the same rate.

If there are any that you are interested in I could help you ask. My SSPs can't fit into them except possibly the big bottom left cushion ones (my friend did that for her amethysts so they are bigger). CS are ok unless they are mega sized. Then they deserve their own fixed jackets :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked about the orange today. They say it's as elusive as a padparadscha here :( that figures
That is the truth. Thanks for enquiring though!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I asked this evening. Heh they don't do direct to retail. They focus more on wholesale. I guess I got lucky since they come to Yangon and I know the jeweller they work and stay with. They also say their business customers they work with won't like them doing that and quoting the same rate.

If there are any that you are interested in I could help you ask. My SSPs can't fit into them except possibly the big bottom left cushion ones (my friend did that for her amethysts so they are bigger). CS are ok unless they are mega sized. Then they deserve their own fixed jackets :)

Thanks for asking! I’ll check if I can find jackets at the SG fair next month if not then I’ll check in with you ok? Thanks again!

And your new moonstone ring is dreamy! Love it. What size is the stone?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for asking! I’ll check if I can find jackets at the SG fair next month if not then I’ll check in with you ok? Thanks again!

And your new moonstone ring is dreamy! Love it. What size is the stone?

No prob. It's 6.13ct with a very high dome :)

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Got back a couple of items from three local goldsmith. My jade earrings with the thin dangly chains removed and the gold link chain fitted with Burmese light gold SSP a la DBTY. Omg. It exceeded expectations. Labour and 18k gold charge to connect the pearls is slightly over us$200 which I thought is very decent. Pls ignore stray hair on chest ;-) IMG-20180617-WA0012.jpg IMG-20180617-WA0013.jpg IMG-20180617-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20180617-WA0011.jpg

That necklace is luscious on you. I love the warm tones against your skin.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ladies these are photos of the famed Namya rough from another jeweller where the HK chaps are residing at.

Pink rough are spinels.

Purplish ones are rubies/sapphires.

I showed this jeweller my sapphire pair that are going to be set with these removable flower jackets and they can tell it's Namya too. Slightly purplish and more sparkling in texture compared to Mogok.

She made an offer of us$30k for the spinel rough in the photo. Most will cut under 1 ct. Bid rejected!!!

IMG-20180617-WA0024.jpg IMG-20180617-WA0023.jpg IMG-20180617-WA0022.jpg

I'm gone for a few days and look what I missed! These are stuff of my dreams. I want one of these soooo bad. They are psychedelic, unreal, stunning. You are such a clever girl.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm gone for a few days and look what I missed! These are stuff of my dreams. I want one of these soooo bad. They are psychedelic, unreal, stunning. You are such a clever girl.

So do I but I just don't see any in the common market here!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@Burmesedaze

Any advice on what’s a decent price for star sapphires on a per carat basis? I’m keen to look at the upcoming sg fair but have no idea whatsoever re: prices. TIA!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Burmesedaze

Any advice on what’s a decent price for star sapphires on a per carat basis? I’m keen to look at the upcoming sg fair but have no idea whatsoever re: prices. TIA!

This is tough. Depends on colour, star sharpness, cab quality and size. I would say 1k-2k min for something decent and around 3-7 cts and if you haggle a bit.

If they are star rubies or very pink, can be 1k/ct possibly more.

Haggle and haggle!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
This is tough. Depends on colour, star sharpness, cab quality and size. I would say 1k-2k min for something decent and around 3-7 cts and if you haggle a bit.

If they are star rubies or very pink, can be 1k/ct possibly more.

Haggle and haggle!

Thanks! I’m probably still not confident enough to buy but will definitely be looking...

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks! I’m probably still not confident enough to buy but will definitely be looking...

I checked the dates. It's the last weekend of July so I won't be visiting SG then but will be in Bangkok. Feel free to give a shout out here with pics. If I check in time and together with the other ladies can give an opinion on the price and quality, we will be happy to.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Btw SSEF, Gubelin labs are in HK and the setters offered to send in stones for lab reports for me if i ever need them.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I checked the dates. It's the last weekend of July so I won't be visiting SG then but will be in Bangkok. Feel free to give a shout out here with pics. If I check in time and together with the other ladies can give an opinion on the price and quality, we will be happy to.

Thanks! Didn’t think to do that but I will definitely ask for opinions here if I see anything. :D Really nice of you to offer and I do appreciate the gesture!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Btw SSEF, Gubelin labs are in HK and the setters offered to send in stones for lab reports for me if i ever need them.

Oh that’s useful to know. Do you know which labs are in Singapore?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pics of the purple sapphire under incandescent lights. I'm going to send it in to the local lab here to test. But I'm pretty happy with the price and colour. Has a window which i think will mostly close in the right setting.

IMG-20180628-WA0004-1.jpg IMG-20180628-WA0002-1.jpg IMG-20180628-WA0003-1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results