shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Beloved.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
If you're in between a solitaire and a three stone with large side stones, have you considered decreasing the size of the side stones to give you the solitaire look?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooh does this mean the 6-week countdown hasn't even started YET?
:eek2:

Sorry @CoolKat! Doing my best! Might still be about 6 weeks, but I'm hoping it's a little less.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get another center stone and have both!!! (Trying to insert laugh emoji but it’s not working).

Deal! You provide the $120k for the diamond and I'll wear the ring, no problem! :bigsmile:

Seriously, tho, the truth is - I'm a ORTRTA kinda girl, so I really only *do* want one. I just need to choose....

....aaaaaaand that's where we get stuck!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're in between a solitaire and a three stone with large side stones, have you considered decreasing the size of the side stones to give you the solitaire look?

Sure have. Have considered endless options. You've probably not read previous threads of mine, but I'm not a fan of very small sides. I like a three stone that looks like a three stone - as opposed to what I call a 'solitaire with sides' - which looks like neither a 3 stone nor a solitaire. If anything, I'd prefer sides *larger* than smaller. In my first and favorite 3 stone, each of my sides were 57% the ct weight of the center, whereas the ones I have now are 27%. I once had a pair that were each 20% ct weight of the center stone, and they were just too small for me. My favorite combo is 40% sides, but that just wouldn't fit on my finger. So - 27% it is!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Not me stalking this thread for updates…..

Seriously, @mrs-b , whatever you decide will be wonderful. A three stone will be breathtaking—truly the three stone to end all three stones, and Beloved is already amazing. You cannot go wrong. (But I completely understand the difficulty making the decision).

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Tonks. And hi! :wavey:

I am still going back and forth on it. Still! I do think it's such a beautiful solitaire - I'm loathe to change it. But my love for 3 stones is such that I know I'll want one till the day I die if I don't do it now. And I want a big one. Big. BIG. Always have - always will, I suspect.

And I think that just answered my question. Wham. It just hit me! Wow - that came out of nowhere! I'm always going to want a big three stone...and it just so happens I *have* three gorgeous matching diamonds! Wow - question answered. Thanks, Tonks!!

This really is my dream ring. It really is. I'm going for it.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, @Tonks. And hi! :wavey:

I am still going back and forth on it. Still! I do think it's such a beautiful solitaire - I'm loathe to change it. But my love for 3 stones is such that I know I'll want one till the day I die if I don't do it now. And I want a big one. Big. BIG. Always have - always will, I suspect.

And I think that just answered my question. Wham. It just hit me! Wow - that came out of nowhere! I'm always going to want a big three stone...and it just so happens I *have* three gorgeous matching diamonds! Wow - question answered. Thanks, Tonks!!

This really is my dream ring. It really is. I'm going for it.

YAY yay yay!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness I am so happy for you!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on going for it @mrs-b Tbh, I really thought your solitaire was a stopping point on your way to a three stone. I can’t imagine you not wearing a three stone as the final iteration. Can’t wait to see the end product!! I think it will be everything you wanted. Good luck with all the cads and the designing. That’s a daunting task for me but you’re a pro. I’ll sit back and wait patiently.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on going for it @mrs-b Tbh, I really thought your solitaire was a stopping point on your way to a three stone. I can’t imagine you not wearing a three stone as the final iteration. Can’t wait to see the end product!! I think it will be everything you wanted. Good luck with all the cads and the designing. That’s a daunting task for me but you’re a pro. I’ll sit back and wait patiently.

@LLJsmom -

This made me laugh. Not what you said, but the fact that I saw this comment when I pulled out of *your* thread on *your* three stone, which I have been studying for the last half an hour! I was just mentally comparing myself to you on the anal-retention scale, and was *literally* thinking - "Yep - a true control freak bling sister right there..." as I went back to the SMTB home page - and saw your comment on my three stone project! So I'm guessing you know how I feel at this moment in time! My stones are on the bench, I am, OF COURSE, having second thoughts about every single detail I've ever said I wanted, and if second guessing one's self was an occupation, I am the chairman of the board! Ugh!

And you're right, of course - I can't live without a three stone. It's what I like the best, it's where my eyes go "Aaaahhhhhh....<exhale>...." - and my heart just goes YAY! And I don't think I'm telling you anything you don't know when I say - that finger coverage is just a dream.

I think it will be a few weeks yet, but I'm thinking....mid July? Here's hoping!! And I hope you're still loving your three stone beauty; what a gorgeous ring!

mjea

Shiny_Rock
@mrs-b time to start some arm/wrist/hand/finger mobility and strength training to wear that knock out!

It’s going to be absolutely stunning - can’t wait to see the photoso_O:kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom -

This made me laugh. Not what you said, but the fact that I saw this comment when I pulled out of *your* thread on *your* three stone, which I have been studying for the last half an hour! I was just mentally comparing myself to you on the anal-retention scale, and was *literally* thinking - "Yep - a true control freak bling sister right there..." as I went back to the SMTB home page - and saw your comment on my three stone project! So I'm guessing you know how I feel at this moment in time! My stones are on the bench, I am, OF COURSE, having second thoughts about every single detail I've ever said I wanted, and if second guessing one's self was an occupation, I am the chairman of the board! Ugh!

And you're right, of course - I can't live without a three stone. It's what I like the best, it's where my eyes go "Aaaahhhhhh....<exhale>...." - and my heart just goes YAY! And I don't think I'm telling you anything you don't know when I say - that finger coverage is just a dream.

I think it will be a few weeks yet, but I'm thinking....mid July? Here's hoping!! And I hope you're still loving your three stone beauty; what a gorgeous ring!
Yes, @mrs-b, you're right. I am a true control freak at heart. That's why I could never handle CADs or stuff like this. I had to just give it up to Steven. I would never trust myself with good reason. I don't have the competence. And that's why I admire everyone that can take control and manage/direct a project. I didn't know your stones are currently on the bench. My stomach is in knots at that stage. But I guess second guessing oneself comes with the territory and you know in your gut what you want and you have your vision of the end product. And you've shown you have the mental and emotional fortitude to see significant projects to the end. I know it will be everything you want. And as for the three stone, is it because of the balance of a three stone ring? I love love love the horizontal finger coverage. It gives me the balance my eyes crave. It will be so blingy and fabulous and classic. I can’t wait.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
(I've decided I'm not going to start a new thread for this. Updated photos will be posted here.)

And here she is... Beloved - Past Present and Future

Center stone 4.05ct, sides, 1.12ct and 1.13ct. 6.31ctw. All stones from @WhiteFlash (thank you Brittany, @Vera W and Debi W!!) and are H VS1 ACAs.

Setting is my design with lots of help from Amy Philips - one of the most underrated designers on these boards, and was brought to life by the wonderful David Klass Jewelry. 18kt yellow gold with platinum head and decorative details.

Special thanks to @bling_dream19 and @MamaBee, who were on the receiving end of countless texts, phone calls and emails; @Rfisher, @LLJsmom and @msop04 - each of whom inspired me to lift my game and reach higher, and all the NIRDIs, who asked after this project, showed interest, and made me feel like NOT a nutcase for putting so much work into one piece of jewelry - @missy, @Austina, @marcy, @junebug17, @canuk-gal, @Slickk, @springerspaniel. And to all the ladies and gentlemen on PS who showed interest, ooh'd and ahhh'd along with me, and helped me find my way: your enthusiasm got me from "Hi - I'm new to PriceScope!" to "This is the ring of my dreams." Thank you.

But, of course, this amazing jewel is from my husband, who I do not deserve and who I would love forever, ring or no ring. Thank you, my true Beloved.

#40yearsandcounting

IMG_1413.jpg

There will be a zillion more photos coming, but tonight I'm hosting a dinner party, and need to get moving! This is just a little something to go on with in the meantime.

Last edited:

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
(Should I start a new thread for this? I might just post updated photos here.)

Center stone 4.05ct, sides, 1.12ct and 1.13ct. 6.31ctw. All stones from @WhiteFlash (thank you Brittany, @Vera W and Debi W!!) and are H VS1 ACAs.

Setting is my design with lots of help from Amy Philips - one of the most underrated designers on these boards, and was brought to life by the wonderful David Klass Jewelry. 18kt yellow gold with platinum head and decorative details.

Special thanks to @bling_dream19 and @MamaBee, who were on the receiving end of countless texts, phone calls and emails; @Rfisher, @LLJsmom and @msop04 - each of whom inspired me to lift my game and reach higher, and all the NIRDIs, who asked after this project, showed interest, and made me feel like NOT a nutcase for putting so much work into one piece of jewelry - @missy, @Austina, @marcy, @junebug17, @canuk-gal, @Slickk, @springerspaniel. And to all the ladies and gentlemen on PS who showed interest, ooh'd and ahhh'd along with me, and helped me find my way: your enthusiasm got me from "Hi - I'm new to PriceScope!" to "This is the ring of my dreams." Thank you.

But, of course, this amazing jewel is from my husband, who I do not deserve and who I would love forever, ring or no ring. Thank you, my true Beloved.

IMG_1413.jpg

There will be a zillion more photos coming, but tonight I'm hosting a dinner party, and need to get moving! This is just a little something to go on with in the meantime.

@mrs-b !!!!!! This is it. The end all be all. The HOLY GRAIL. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU THAT I AM SHOUTING.

It is absolutely perfect. Wear it with much happiness and in health.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohmygoodness!! I’ve been waiting for this!! It’s absolutely sublime. Amazing! I can’t wait for more pics!! :clap:
You deserve it and your DH and more ! Enjoy every splendid, sparkling second with your Beloveds! ❤️

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b !!!!!! This is it. The end all be all. The HOLY GRAIL. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU THAT I AM SHOUTING.

It is absolutely perfect. Wear it with much happiness and in health.

Thanks, @Tonks. And yes, this is it. I knew it as soon as I saw it. The same way, when I saw my halo'd soli I did some time back, I knew immediately that that *wasn't* it! There's nowhere to go beyond this for me, and something in my heart just went aaaahhhhh. :)) I loved my Beloved soli - and I knew it was my forever stone - but I'm a three stone girl, and everyone - including me - knows it. <3

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohmygoodness!! I’ve been waiting for this!! It’s absolutely sublime. Amazing! I can’t wait for more pics!! :clap:
You deserve it and your DH and more ! Enjoy every splendid, sparkling second with your Beloveds! ❤️

Thanks @Slickk. I was like - will it be too big? Will it be too small?? What if the proportions...the prongs...the curve...thecolorthefittheoveralllookthedetailstheplatinumetcetcetcblahblahblah...is WRONG????

But as it turns out...

She's perfect. :)) And she is the *exact* right size for my hand. I love her and I'm so glad you like her, too. :wavey:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @mrs-b :appl:

Your three stone captures everything you originally envisioned!! Some pieces are just… Worth the sort of emotional investment that you committed to this ring. I think we all understand that ::)

Welcome home [to the family of the three stone] :love:

Tigerlilyrosepetal

Shiny_Rock
(I've decided I'm not going to start a new thread for this. Updated photos will be posted here.)

#40yearsandcounting

IMG_1413.jpg

It's just gorgeous!!! Just perfection. Wear in good health!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No words are adequate @mrs-b to describe how sensational this has turned out, and so timely for your special event. Spectacular, perfect, wonderful, just don’t capture how truly special Beloved is, what a testament to all the love that has led you to this.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, for sharing your sparklie journey with the kindred spirits on PS. I love, love, love this iteration of the Beloved!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG! I’m in the middle of a deep clean but decided to check to see what’s going on! OMG! It’s so gorgeous! I will be back later to see if you posted more photos!! I love it!! :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to explain for those who don't already know - on Tuesday I will go before a judge with my god daughter and we will legally adopt each other as mother and daughter. This is an adult adoption (she is 21 years old) and something we've been moving towards for 17 years since I became her godmother when she was 4 years old.

Tonight is our celebration adoption dinner, so for now - I need to RUN! Tomorrow will be a major photo shoot and many, many photos will be forthcoming.

But for now - I'm going to be go celebrate becoming a mother for the first time, at the ripe old age of 62!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Just to explain for those who don't already know - on Tuesday I will go before a judge with my god daughter and we will legally adopt each other as mother and daughter. This is an adult adoption (she is 21 years old) and something we've been moving towards for 17 years since I became her godmother when she was 4 years old.

Tonight is our celebration adoption dinner, so for now - I need to RUN! Tomorrow will be a major photo shoot and many, many photos will be forthcoming.

But for now - I'm going to be go celebrate becoming a mother for the first time, at the ripe old age of 62!

Congratulations on becoming a Mom, that is incredible!
May you, your husband and daughter all have many happy healthy times together!
(I hope her own mom isn't too hurt by this adoption)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on becoming a Mom, that is incredible!
May you, your husband and daughter all have many happy healthy times together!
(I hope her own mom isn't too hurt by this adoption)

Thank you, yes it is incredible.

It's my adoption, not my husband's.

As for her biological mother, I believe she's fine. Since I've raised her since she was 4, tho, it's not an issue.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
I am so happy for you and Eleanor! Mazel tov! And your ring is outstanding! You have such an eye for proportions and she looks like a dream on your finger.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I'm absolutely thrilled for you!!! Your beautiful Beloved, past present and future is absolutely stunning, dreamy, and jaw dropping! You've got the man of your dreams and now you've got the ring of your dreams! Thank you for sharing and talking about your ring, that was lots of fun and very eye opening! Now I'll just be asking for pictures lol! I know that you'll enjoy every second wearing this beautiful ring, but you outshine the ring by far. Enjoy your special night!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b I’m so happy you have your beautiful ring on your finger tonight..It’s absolutely gorgeous. The finger coverage is perfection..I can’t wait for the zillions of photos of all angles you will show us tomorrow. :bigsmile: I hope Beloved is everything you hoped it would be.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results