shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Beloved.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I loved your 3 stone and I also love Beloved in your current solitaire mounting. Combining the best of both of these will be sensational! I can't wait for the reveal!

Thank you so much, @Bishbunch! Me too!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b I’m so excited for you! Beloved and Winter will be rooming together for a while!! :kiss2:

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Well, Beloved is making some major moves! Two new ACAs have been purchased - 1 x 1.12 H VS1 and 1 x 1.13 H VS1 - to go either side of my current ACA diamond - 4.05ct H VS1. This next - and last - iteration will still be in the same style - yellow gold with platinum head, fleur de lis baskets, platinum double wraps on the shank, double fleur de lis detail on the back. 6 prongs on the center stone, 3 on the sides. Hard, *hard* angle to the sides. Basically - my dream ring.

My intention was always to make Beloved a 3 stone, but the upgrade was...a lot, and the sides are...a lot (comparatively). So time was needed. But we're there now, so let's go!!

This will be my final upgrade. I said when I got the Beloved center stone that I'd never upgrade her and that, as a diamond, it was everything I'd ever wanted. That still is true and I have no desire for her to be bigger, whiter, or different in any way. But it's no secret on PS that my love of 3 stones is true and eternal, and I think I said on Page 1 of this thread that I would possibly change her to a 3 stone one day. That day is now.

This will also take up the entirety of the spread of my finger. So this is as big as it can ever be for me, while still looking like it actually fits me. My last 3 stone had 2 different sets of sides (3.05ct center, with 2 x .61 and .62 sides and then 2 x .95 and .96 sides when I upgraded). This new set will be in between the two sets of sides I had, but closer in proportion to the larger pair, which I think will be perfect.

I think it will be at least a month till she is on my finger - maybe 6 weeks or so - but deeeeefinitely worth the wait!

And @msop04 - I live by my own mantras, as you can see! In this case - "Go big or go home"!!

:mrgreen:

She is perfection so I can’t even begin to imagine the level your going to show us next. Waiting impatiently for this next piece your going to wow us with. Congratulations on your final forever 3 stone masterpiece. Now we wait

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, will you get CAD images to see first before it goes into production? I love a good three stone!!

CoolKat

Rough_Rock
SIX WEEKS! You killin' us... :boohoo:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MissGotRocks -

I'll definitely get CADs - DKJ always sends them - but I won't share them till after she's finished - at the very earliest. I don't want to open myself up to suggestions from others. I find I normally have a very clear picture of what I want (normally - not always!!) - and a lot of external suggestion can just confuse me. Also, this ring will have had SO much work put into her - I'm not sure I want to share the CADs in case her design is replicated down to one tenth of a mm. I don't mind anyone using her as an inspiration - that's fine. But the actual dimensions are specific to this ring and I'm not sure I want her to be replicated with simulants, for example. I have to say, tho - I'd LOVE to make this ring with a top shelf sapphire center. That would be....:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o So if anyone wanted to do that, I'd probably be supportive.

And of COURSE you love a good three stone - you OWN a good three stone! A very good three stone indeed! :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are so patient & precise! This is why I cannot do a jewelry project. I'd be a basket case by week one :lol-2:

Seriously, @CoolKat, there is a special kind of madness in custom jewelry projects. Sleepless nights galore!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MissGotRocks -

I'll definitely get CADs - DKJ always sends them - but I won't share them till after she's finished - at the very earliest. I don't want to open myself up to suggestions from others. I find I normally have a very clear picture of what I want (normally - not always!!) - and a lot of external suggestion can just confuse me. Also, this ring will have had SO much work put into her - I'm not sure I want to share the CADs in case her design is replicated down to one tenth of a mm. I don't mind anyone using her as an inspiration - that's fine. But the actual dimensions are specific to this ring and I'm not sure I want her to be replicated with simulants, for example. I have to say, tho - I'd LOVE to make this ring with a top shelf sapphire center. That would be....:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o So if anyone wanted to do that, I'd probably be supportive.

And of COURSE you love a good three stone - you OWN a good three stone! A very good three stone indeed! :wavey:
I do understand about the extraneous noise that can sometimes come with posting CADs. If you know what you want then opinions can sometimes be distracting. You have worked with DK many times over so I am sure he understands your ‘language’ so to speak.
Best of luck and hope the wait passes quickly for you!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Well, Beloved is making some major moves! Two new ACAs have been purchased - 1 x 1.12 H VS1 and 1 x 1.13 H VS1 - to go either side of my current ACA diamond - 4.05ct H VS1. This next - and last - iteration will still be in the same style - yellow gold with platinum head, fleur de lis baskets, platinum double wraps on the shank, double fleur de lis detail on the back. 6 prongs on the center stone, 3 on the sides. Hard, *hard* angle to the sides. Basically - my dream ring.

My intention was always to make Beloved a 3 stone, but the upgrade was...a lot, and the sides are...a lot (comparatively). So time was needed. But we're there now, so let's go!!

This will be my final upgrade. I said when I got the Beloved center stone that I'd never upgrade her and that, as a diamond, it was everything I'd ever wanted. That still is true and I have no desire for her to be bigger, whiter, or different in any way. But it's no secret on PS that my love of 3 stones is true and eternal, and I think I said on Page 1 of this thread that I would possibly change her to a 3 stone one day. That day is now.

This will also take up the entirety of the spread of my finger. So this is as big as it can ever be for me, while still looking like it actually fits me. My last 3 stone had 2 different sets of sides (3.05ct center, with 2 x .61 and .62 sides and then 2 x .95 and .96 sides when I upgraded). This new set will be in between the two sets of sides I had, but closer in proportion to the larger pair, which I think will be perfect.

I think it will be at least a month till she is on my finger - maybe 6 weeks or so - but deeeeefinitely worth the wait!

And @msop04 - I live by my own mantras, as you can see! In this case - "Go big or go home"!!

This will be so amazing! I love love LOVE a three stone and you are the queen of three stones and this will truly be the best three stone, I just know it.

Waiting eagerly for photos!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
This is gonna be really, really, good :cool2:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:Ooooh!!! So exciting!! I just love 3 stones and I can't wait to see yours.
Thank you for taking us along on this ring renovation journey!:D

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I. am. effing. DEAD. at the thought of this masterpiece. :love::love::love:
You are my spirit animal.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This will be so amazing! I love love LOVE a three stone and you are the queen of three stones and this will truly be the best three stone, I just know it.

Waiting eagerly for photos!

@Tonks -

I'm really hoping this is the one that takes it into the stratosphere! I've been wearing 'Beloved - soli' this morning, and she's SO beautiful and elegant and suits my hand SO perfectly....I'm trying not to second guess or get cold feet!

But I want to take her from - "unusual, uncommon, rare" - to - "You never see a freaking ring like THAT!!" I want her to be her own unique design and to stand alone on her little diamond-y pedestal!

Hmmmm. That's not as egotistical as it probably sounds, because I truly *don't* do this sort of thing for the opinions of others. This ring is for me and for me alone, and is to represent my DH's unbelievable, unwarranted, undeserved commitment to me. past, present and future. I just want something that reflects our relationship, so I'm looking for something unique - and in the diamond world - that's not so easy!

I'm hoping she's everything I think she will be in her final incarnation. Fingers crossed!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, can you tell us the diameter of your center and new sides?

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b, what an exciting supplemental chapter! I also have to say how much I admire your admiration for your husband and his clear devotion to you. Love birds are to be treasured - and I enjoy hearing about your wonderful relationship - it warms my heart! =)2

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, can you tell us the diameter of your center and new sides?

Yes ma'am!

The sides, by ctw, will be just under 28% (each) of the center stone. The two sets of sides I used with my 3.05 center were 20% originally - then 31% when I upgraded them. 28% should be absolutely perfect!

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 2.59.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 9.54.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 9.55.09 AM.png

They're an excellent match with my center diamond and will add another 2.25ctw to the overall mix, making 'Beloved x 3' 6.3ctw. Given its highly sentimental nature, I see Beloved as a past-present-future ring, and the pinnacle of my jewelry collection for *sure*.

I'm not sure if I'm your spirit animal, @msop04 - it's highly possible I'm your evil twin!! :mrgreen:

Last edited:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hooooo boy this is going to be PHENOMENAL!!! I cannot wait to see this ring of all rings, and I cannot wait for you to have her back, enjoying the heck out of her!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so just to be clear - THIS IS NOT IT.

But this is a CAD we drew up when I was considering 1.5ct sides (before deciding they were...y'know....HUGE...). This one also has 6 prongs on the sides, which the ring will *not* have. (I think...). It's also the wrong size, as we used a CAD as a starting point that we developed when my hands were larger.

Anyway, I'm posting this here as it's not the final ring, but shows where my thoughts started and gives *some* idea where we'll end up.

Just to add - this ring will probably be made in a size 7, as I want to be able to stack a couple of rings with it, so it will need to be a 1/4 size larger than normal for it to fit. You could not (like - COULD NOT) do this ring if your fingers were a size 4, for instance. Even tho my sides will be smaller (1.12 and 1.13 instead of 1.5), I still don't think you could go below a size 6 with this ring.

DK74347-QUAD.jpg

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just received the finalized CAD and it's :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

For me, this is the ring of a lifetime. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd have a ring like this. Never. For once in my life, I'm speechless.

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I don’t know how I missed this update but very excited to see the final result!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results