shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Beloved.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just received the finalized CAD and it's :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

For me, this is the ring of a lifetime. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd have a ring like this. Never. For once in my life, I'm speechless.

Can’t wait to see this epic piece!! Waiting with baited breath for the reveal @mrs-b

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to see this epic piece!! Waiting with baited breath for the reveal @mrs-b

Thanks @Slick1 - me too! Diamonds arrive tomorrow and I'll be playing with them for a bit on my finger and oohing and aahing before sending them on to DKJ. I believe the ring is going into production in the next week or two. Hopefully I'll have it by the end of June. Wooooot!

And that gorgeous diamond in your avatar - is that new??

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another iconic @mrs-b piece in the works!! I can't wait! Thanks for always giving us something gorgeous to look forward to! :bigsmile:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Slick1 -

And that gorgeous diamond in your avatar - is that new??

@mrs-b It is new but not yet on my hand yet. I have kept it under wraps so far.. :lol:
Will you share a couple of pics of your playtime with the three together? :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b It is new but not yet on my hand yet. I have kept it under wraps so far.. :lol:
Will you share a couple of pics of your playtime with the three together? :appl:

Yes ma'am! And I'm looking forward very much to seeing your new beauty when you're ready. :))

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
You're such a fun lady. I'm so happy that you're so happy. Add one awesome, stupendous, golly let me sit down a minute ring...what is not to love?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mean, I'm just sayin'...

:kiss2:

20220524_192302.jpg

ETA This was taken in a coffee-colored room, in the evening. Ignore the tint - it's not there in real life.

Last edited:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, this baby is going to be incredible! The three stone to end all three stones! And I'm here for it. :mrgreen:

Those diamonds look perfect together. I can't wait to see this finished.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, this baby is going to be incredible! The three stone to end all three stones! And I'm here for it. :mrgreen:

Those diamonds look perfect together. I can't wait to see this finished.

Thank you, @elle_71125! I'm kicking myself for taking the only photos of the three of them in a coffee colored room; makes them look drab. And they are NOT drab!!

I'm thinking....one month. Longest month of my life.

ETA. Actually, WORSE than coffee. GREIGE! And you can really see it, too!!

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mean, I'm just sayin'...

:kiss2:

20220524_192302.jpg

ETA This was taken in a coffee-colored room, in the evening. Ignore the tint - it's not there in real life.

That’s going to be epic!! Love them together! Great proportions. Just amazing!! Will surely be a long month. *thinking of the Carly Simon song Anticipation!*

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Ooo we are impatient on your behalf!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @elle_71125! I'm kicking myself for taking the only photos of the three of them in a coffee colored room; makes them look drab. And they are NOT drab!!

I'm thinking....one month. Longest month of my life.

ETA. Actually, WORSE than coffee. GREIGE! And you can really see it, too!!

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

All I’m thinking is…if that’s how they look in greige, they are going to bowl us all over in good lighting. Wowza!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A better representation next to yesterday's photo.

But I SERIOUSLY wish I'd learn to clean my jewelry before photographing it! Ah well, maybe tomorrow. Will try to re-do it tomorrow when the sun is also out.

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 7.55.05 PM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s going to be gorgeous H!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nobody asked for these and it's probably just OCD on my part. But I cleaned my ring and took another comparison photo.

Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 1.59.20 PM.png

And then I went outside and took a couple more - just because it's sooooo pretty. <3 Look how clean and white it is! SO happy with this stone. Especially its clarity - which was a big deal for me. My 3.05, despite being an F, was a VS2, and I could see the inclusions in it. So going up to a VS1 was a must-have for me. :)) Very pleased with where I landed.

20220526_135112.jpg

20220526_135047.jpg

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your holy grail ...the ring and especially the man! Wonderful love!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @ariel144. :wavey:

I've said throughout this thread that I would possibly / probably change Beloved into Beloved x 3 at some point, and my husband recently bought me 2 gorgeous ACA diamonds to use as sides. But to be honest....

I'm kinda hesitating. I love Beloved as she is, and I don't want to pull apart something I already consider to be perfect. I'll make a decision in the next week, but things are...wobbly...at the moment!

ETA. The man, however, is forever. :))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, @ariel144. :wavey:

I've said throughout this thread that I would possibly / probably change Beloved into Beloved x 3 at some point, and my husband recently bought me 2 gorgeous ACA diamonds to use as sides. But to be honest....

I'm kinda hesitating. I love Beloved as she is, and I don't want to pull apart something I already consider to be perfect. I'll make a decision in the next week, but things are...wobbly...at the moment!

ETA. The man, however, is forever. :))

@mrs-b I went back to look at your ring again this morning. Your diamond is gorgeous. Whatever you decide can’t be a mistake.
I‘m going to send you another email.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I went back to look at your ring again this morning. Your diamond is gorgeous. Whatever you decide can’t be a mistake.
I‘m going to send you another email.

Bless you, J. I'm sitting over here, quietly losing my sh*t at this point.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bless you, J. I'm sitting over here, quietly losing my sh*t at this point.

Did you read my email about my dream last night? Me too! :lol:

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Your indecisiveness on which way to ultimately go makes me think of this thread from @stonewell where she was also hesitating between a 3 stone or solitaire and DKJ made a "snap on" band to turn it into the 3 stone.

This could be a stepping stone way (or definitive way) to have both. you can try out as a 3 stone before committing fully to remaking Beloved. Maybe you'll find you prefer wearing as a solitaire more and decide against it, or the 3 stone will sing to you.... Or maybe you'll like switching and keep it that way?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your indecisiveness on which way to ultimately go makes me think of this thread from @stonewell where she was also hesitating between a 3 stone or solitaire and DKJ made a "snap on" band to turn it into the 3 stone.

This could be a stepping stone way (or definitive way) to have both. you can try out as a 3 stone before committing fully to remaking Beloved. Maybe you'll find you prefer wearing as a solitaire more and decide against it, or the 3 stone will sing to you.... Or maybe you'll like switching and keep it that way?

Hi @emmy12 :wavey:

I'm not fond of wraps or the idea of one design doing double duty. Part of the problem is that the wrap doesn't snap on - it just sits there, and one has to hope it doesn't move/jiggle - at all. For most people, a little movement doesn't matter, but since my ring has platinum wraps either side of the head, and since there is a fleur de lys decal at the back, both bands really have to line up *exactly* with my wedding band - and with three bands - that's really unlikely.

Also, I have short, pudgy fingers, and 3 bands never looks great on me.

There's also a lot of sentiment going into this and, to that end, I don't want to be able to disassemble it whenever I feel like a change. My gut feeling (and this is most to the point) is that I would always wear the three stone if, for instance, I had both a solitaire and the same stone in a three stone (ie 2 complete rings - NOT a wrap) - but would NEVER wear the wrap (if I had a soli and a wrap) due to an inability to line them up or to feel comfortable wearing all three bands together. At which point....I'd just end up having the wrap and the solitaire made into a permanent three stone anyway - at which point all I've done is burn through a bunch of money.

So. I've asked for a wax mold - which is a thing I normally never do - and will make the decision from there. This is such a BIG project, I want it to be right, and special, and unique. I want one ring.

But having said all of that....

Did you get your emerald? And did you defend your thesis? How did you go? And if you did get the emerald - any photos? And if not - has the project been shelved, or are you planning to revisit?

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @emmy12 :wavey:

But having said all of that....

Did you get your emerald? And did you defend your thesis? How did you go? And if you did get the emerald - any photos? And if not - has the project been shelved, or are you planning to revisit?
Can't believe you remembered! Thesis finished and defended. Emerald still to be acquired (a very belated graduation gift at this point)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't believe you remembered! Thesis finished and defended. Emerald still to be acquired (a very belated graduation gift at this point)

Got a mind like a steel trap when it comes to jewelry! :bigsmile:

Very well done re your thesis - what is your area of expertise? And let us know when we should re-open the emerald hunt!

CoolKat

Rough_Rock
Oooooh does this mean the 6-week countdown hasn't even started YET?
:eek2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results