shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Beaudry Asscher Dream Ring (with side pink sapphires)!!!!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Re: My Beaudry Asscher Dream Ring (with side pink sapphires)

WOWZA, DS that is simply stunning! :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous!!! And a lovely complement to your other :love:

I'd be curious to hear what you think of the asscher in a couple more weeks, after you've lived with it for a bit - I can't think of two more disparate styles, RBs and step cuts!! Both so beautiful, in such different ways...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

two little birds...thank you!!!

Yssie.... Thanks!!! I think that is why I like it..since it IS different from all my rb's! But I think the common element is that I really love the antique stones cut during that era...although my personal preference is for the excellent light return and symmetry of the modern versions. If money ever allows, I'd like a newly cut OEC/transitional and antique chunky cushion in addition to this asscher. I would not so much care for a plain solitaire asscher as I do one in a setting that has a complimentary design. Whereas, I am pretty happy with any outstanding round in a solitaire. I would like this asscher even better if it was larger, though!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie.... Thanks!!! I think that is why I like it..since it IS different from all my rb's! But I think the common element is that I really love the antique stones cut during that era...although my personal preference is for the excellent light return and symmetry of the modern versions. If money ever allows, I'd like a newly cut OEC/transitional and antique chunky cushion in addition to this asscher. I would not so much care for a plain solitaire asscher as I do one in a setting that has a complimentary design. Whereas, I am pretty happy with any outstanding round in a solitaire. I would like this asscher even better if it was larger, though!

I know ::) An asscher, an AVR, an AVC, and an RB... that would make for an utterly enviable collection!!

You know, you're actually very consistent. You like precision cutting and you're willing to wait and pay for it. You like pairing certain types of faceting with certain types of settings - opposites, apparently, busy stones in simple settings and more "quiet" and "personal" stones in standout settings, as long as the styles are time-consistent (I'm thinking of how Dreamer calls AVCs personal stones, more for your enjoyment vs. yours *and* everyone else's)...

I guess we're all pretty consistent, once we've been here long enough :cheeky:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You know Yssie, I do think being on here a long time helps one define his or her taste... even though there is sometimes a period of massive confusion for some of us! In my case it is partly because I like multiple things and can't have them all! But it is very interesting that you have really hit the nail on my preferences of busy stone with simple setting and busy setting with simpler stone. That's why I told Dreamer a few posts back that even though I love these Beaudry settings for a RHR, I still love my rb in the Tiffany style setting and the Legacy w-band is the little complementary piece that goes with the Beaudry rings. It really wouldn't be my style to wear busy rings on both hands because simple and elegant is really my preferred jewelry style. Even if I get an AVR, it will be put in a relatively simple setting.

Lula

Ideal_Rock

DS, it's simply stunning! Enjoy your beautiful new ring.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock

It's beautiful!! Love it and also it is very unique. Nice find!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you so much Lula and Beacon! I appreciate your taking the time to comment!

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock

Okay I am totally drooling over this asscher!!! I love the pops of color with it!!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

DS- what a gorgeous ring!!! I've always loved the Beaudry settings and this one is beautiful!! :love: :love: :love:

AudiLover

Shiny_Rock

:shock: Oh my gosh.... that is quite honestly one of the most beautiful rings I've seen!!!!!!!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Many thanks Schafenm, pinkjewel, and audilover!!!

pinkjewel, I cannot wait to see YOUR new pink ring later this year!!!

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock

It is gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock

ROYAL ROYAL ROYAL taste....WOW!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

DS, that's magnificent. I know you never would, but if you wore all of these fabulous pieces at once, you would have the hands of a Renaissance prince. :love:

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

HOLY BUCKETS!

It's TOO beautiful.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, my, I really appreciate all these very, very nice comments!!! Thank you very much, Gemmy, Doc, Circe, and cygnet!!! :))

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock

Sooooo beautiful and the colors are so soft and feminine! :love:

Enjoy your amazing dream ring!

Cachette :))

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats on Jewel of the Week! You deserve it! :))

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

Swoon! I love asschers! :) And pink!!!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock

Outfrickinstanding! W :love: W!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Okay, I'm back. This is clearly one I will continue to visit every day. I can't explain why I love it so much. It is a very intricate design that absolutely fits perfectly. It is so elegant and so architecturally compelling that I just want to stare at it. The side pink sapphires are perfect size and proportions (not to mention color :cheeky: ). I guess you could say I like your ring a little, hee hee. :love:

It is such a work of art.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DS, I am late to the party but many congrats! :appl:

The ring is GORGEOUS :love: :love: :love: :love: , very stylish - just like you! :))

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DS this the most exquisite piece!!! I had to come out of lurkdom just for a minute. The setting with the pink sapphires...OMG, the the precision cut asscher w/ the halo, the pink gold, the combo is exceptional! It is simply gorgeous!!! Congrats on your beautiful piece!

On your earlier comment: "I do think being on here a long time helps one define his or her taste... even though there is sometimes a period of massive confusion for some of us " I soooooooooooo agree with you, Ive only been with PS for going on 3 yrs and boy i think im just now comin to grips with MY style preference. There is just soooo much beautiful jewelry on this site and such a vast amount of information about all diamonds in general. Massive confusion is definitely what i have been experiencing!

But more on your asscher and pink sapphires. This piece is unique and show stopping, but by no means overdone. Simply Exquisite!!! Congrats and Enjoy!!!! :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

Luxie

Shiny_Rock

I keep coming back to drool over your ring. I absolutely love every single little thing about it! Those kite shaped pink sapphires are absolutely to die for! I can't stop looking at the gorgeous detailed gallery, and I am a sucker for split shanks with stones in between, especially colored stones. Art Deco is my absolute favorite period. I spend hours on the Internet looking up Art Deco design engagement ring settings in the hopes that one day I might find the perfect setting that just might tempt me to switch out my stone. I wish I had known about the Beaudry sale. I love his designs. Between the Ceylon Beaudry ring and the Asscher, I would have a hard time choosing which to wear every day. I would have to give them equal time and switch out every other day! :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mom2boys|1357949979|3353418 said:
Congrats on Jewel of the Week! You deserve it! :))

Wow, that was such a surprise and I am happy for my little ring to be honored that way! Thanks so much! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux|1357974581|3353654 said:
Okay, I'm back. This is clearly one I will continue to visit every day. I can't explain why I love it so much. It is a very intricate design that absolutely fits perfectly. It is so elegant and so architecturally compelling that I just want to stare at it. The side pink sapphires are perfect size and proportions (not to mention color :cheeky: ). I guess you could say I like your ring a little, hee hee. :love:

It is such a work of art.

That means a lot to me, and I really appreciate your attention to detail and that you like the ring so much! Come to Vegas and I will show you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I feel like I need to reply to every post! But I am going to try to do a few in one! I really appreciate all the nice comments about this little jewel! :appl:

Cachette....thank you so much!

(mom2boys...see above)

Webdiva...thank you! I love your setting, too, as you might guess!

Ninama... :bigsmile: thank you!!!!

(minious...see above)

Phoenix...you are too sweet! Thanks!

Zestfully....Thank you so much! I really am solidly in two styles...classic/traditional/Tiffany-esque/simple and sleek and antique/deco/milgrain/engraving. I just have to balance out my pieces because I am very casual and can't have jewelry that is tooo fussy. So on a daily basis, I wear mostly the classics but can add in one piece like this ring. And it works pretty well!

Luxie...I really appreciate your nice comments as well! I was very fortunate to get these rings. I love Pearlman's for being so generous in their sale of these pieces! I used to just look at their Beaudry line knowing I would never spend that much, but I appreciated them for their design and detail. In fact, one piece that I absolutely loved had kite side diamonds, but it was gone before the sale ever happened. So when this piece appeared, I couldn't believe it and just picked up the phone immediately and called Julian!!! I do switch them out depending on the colors I am wearing. And I do have one more that is awaiting a colored stone!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock

What a unique and beautiful ring, DS!! I think it is stunning!!! Congrats!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Unbelievable! I am in love with this ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results